EPVII has an enormous marketing campaign spanning years

>EPVII has an enormous marketing campaign spanning years
>EPVIII has had a single teaser trailer and clickbait
What did Disney mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zcuuwn_wTjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it must be really really really shit then I guess

They're waiting till Fall until the kick it into full gear. Motherfucker wait till November and literally Star Wars will be EVERYWHERE

>4months away

you realize how short of an attention span normies have. also trailers arent the only marketing device films have ive seen some billboards already

I am just glad that Disney shills don't spam the catalog with nu Wars threads.

Rogue One marketing wasn't as big as Episode VII either. They had to hype it big at first to get people excited about star wars. Now they just have to keep pumping out acceptable movies and watch the cash roll in like Marvel. Honestly Marvel has done them a huge favor in preparing audiences to accept a perpetual onslaught of content.

They're trying to hide the dr.who tier aliens
>thinks the biggest film franchise ever needs shills
even Rogue One had like 4 trailers

I don't know about anyone else but I was exhausted by the campaign as soon as it started. Anyway, I saw the premiere of Ep. 7 and will never see another, or at least pay and go out of my way to.

I finally saw Rogue One at a mates when he put it on. Somehow, it was worse than ep. 7. Thank god there's not a Star Wars hype train like the old one.

Because they literally have popnerds by the balls and can do whatever they want because you'll go see it because it's fucking star wars.

It's impossible for a Star Wars flick to flop but I feel like this one will do poorly

Exhausted by TFA's campaign*

The director and Hamill have warned people to not watch any trailers

I have a hunch they don't have confidence in it. Watch the behind the scenes vid from D23 and it's almost like they're setting Rian up as the fall guy.

What trailers?

Crickety Cricket!

It's a shame that even if episode VIII is terrible everyone will defend it with "WELL AT LEAST IT'S NOT A NEW HOPE REMAKE!!" I guarantee you that will be the default defense

That's because it's an Empire remake.

>the second part of a three part story is the darkest and when the heroes are at their lowest
woah, ripping off Aristotle much?

They are going to fight on a ice planet (salt) with walkers and speeders

The one coming in October

Is there any truth to the rumors that we're getting a trailer by next week?

I wanted to see luke as a jedi master for 30 years but decided never to pay for another star wars after tfa.

First trailer came out in April so you'd think.

Any way I like them hardly showing anything considering trailers give away too much and it's better to not see much these days

Can't wait to see the Jedi Temple bit. Only stuff I care about is Kylo Ren and Luke in this and I can bet these 2 will have the least screen time

Reminder we've had this preview
youtube.com/watch?v=zcuuwn_wTjg

As if it matters, half the shots from the trailer wont be in the movie anyway.

>half the shots from the trailer wont be in the movie anyway.
I hope so because the trailer borrowed so much from the Force Awakens trailer that Disney literally is ripping themself off now

>Open trailer with character breathing heavily and looking shocked
>Poe running as his ship is blown up (this coincides with Rey and Finn running and their escape ship blowing up
>Close up of unmasked Kylo Ren (similar to close up of masked Kylo Ren

>considering trailers give away too much
Disney's Star Wars trailers are deliberately vague as fuck
>profound dialogue over footage of an x-wing/stormtrooper/at-at

It's bizarre how they think they can get marketing down to an exact science like that

I hate the RLM memes but that guy jumping around while shouting "AT-AT's" is literally what the Disney Wars marketting has become.

>"Oh you want to actually have a trailer with some dialogue centered around the plot and the politics of Episode 8? NAHHH who wants to care about that cos LOOK AT-AT's and LOOK BB-8 and LOOK Rey is running around!"

>the plot and the politics of Episode 8
lol

B R A V O

people were complaining that TFA had zero marketing in November of 2015

>people were complaining that TFA had zero marketing in November of 2015
... it had like 3 fucking trailers

>source: your ass

Yeah I felt like there should have been an inter-trailer between the second international teaser trailer and the third theatrical trailer, ya know??

The toys and merch aren't moving.

Literally rows and rows of Rebellion outfit Rey.

I expect two months of relentless media and "viral" content hyping up Shit Wars. Then when it releases. Two weeks later after the audience drop off, the marketing bombing stops

TFA was so fucking bad and mind numbingly boring.
It's the most jewish and least imaginative product i've ever fucking seen.

I compared TFA to Bayformers and Mark Hamill did so too. This is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars legacy.

People shit on Lucas and now it's worse than it could have ever been.

The marketing for TFA showed us basically the whole film and could get away with that because everyone was going to see the first Star Wars film in over 10 years. Maybe this one actually has an original plot and if they had already started doing actual trailers they'd spoil the film and people would lose interest before December...

Maybe someone could do the research and see how early they start promoting their other Marvel films.

>Phantom Menace poetry
Hero originates from a poor family in a sand planet
Master dies at the end

>The Force Awakens "gangsta rhymes"
lol the hero is from a sand planet also she finds a robot with the plans of a big round space thing that shoots lazers and kills planets too xD then she meets an old experienced mentor and has an adventure in a ship with narrow corridors, also she goes to a bar with weird aliens and music like mos eisley O_O then they all go to the big round planet killer thing to destroy it using the plans from the robot but at the end the old mentor dies at the hands of the masked guy with the red laser sword T_T

Lucas really should have signed on as the script writer and producer as part of the deal.

That way he wouldn't be overworked by directing.

They didn't want him anywhere near it