It was fine. If they cast an asian dude that rotten tomatoes score would be 80 points higher

It was fine. If they cast an asian dude that rotten tomatoes score would be 80 points higher.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJX6H3qDsO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hes not suppose to be asian. but nothing from his physique to fighting shows mastery of martial arts. should have hired a real martial artist.

>Hes not suppose to be asian
I know

No it wasn't it was shit
And critics don't give tv shows with Asian leads higher scores because Asians don't count as diversity

I enjoyed it.

Second best MCUTV after DD.

He was the only good thing about Defenders.

When they all ganged up on his in warehouse, felt sorry for Danny.

Forgot clip

>youtube.com/watch?v=bJX6H3qDsO0

All of them where retards. Danny was the only smart one there.

they do give a shit about blonde haired, blue eyed, billionaire white boys being the heroic lead as every negative review made sure to whine about.

someone post that webm of the shitty fight scene

Only if you're selectively reading reviews by feminists

These.

If AMC can do it, why can't netflix?

You mean all of Dannys fights?

I mean, for someone who learned the fight choreographies on set, its pretty good. The actual fighting/athleticism was a cut above daredevil and the actual pacing was a good love letter to wuxia style films.

Also, iron fist is the only show to not blatantly fuck up the last 4 episodes by having the main character either let go or completely forget the main villain until the final fight scene

They cast him because they wanted the Game Of Thrones audience.
The show was going to be garbage no matter the main actor.
BTW RT scores are worthless.

Am I racist for thinking Iron Fist season 1 was better than the rest?

yes check your privilege white cis scum

No. But you're racist for not thinking that the best show was Luke "Black Black Blackity Black" Cage.

No it just means you aren't easily swayed by popular opinion.

If you're white, then yes. You're racist.

They despise Asians.

>Danny was the only smart one there.
Well not quite. Jessica did step in on his side only for Danny to push her out of the way to keep fighting.

This, when the Iron Fist fights it looks like a monkey swinging his arms around.

No. Asian-American here: Do you know just how many kung-fu movies/plot points they referred to?

-Long away friend returns from journey

-foreign organization trafficking drugs into their city

-bertrayal by a kind authority figure who's been manipulating people

-down on its luck dojo

-travel to face mysterious challengers in stages

-the standard "follow a guy, leads to a chase, empty alley and table turning to a fight scene" plot point

-the jealous brother who cant see beyond himself, has no real redemption, but somehow has learned his lesson

Like, theres 20 martial arts movies for every example I just listed. The developers deserve credit for the affection they placed in making the greatest love letter to chinese cinema since kung-fu panda. They had to have done a shit ton of homework to make this series.

I don't think she was on his side, Jessica, just wanted to deescalate the situation.

I'm 100% with Danny on that scene. Everyone was at his neck. Stick started it all off by insinuating they should kill him. If they had of just listened to Danny,
he wouldn't of been captured. Ultimately leading to Black Sky beguiling him into opening K'un-Lun's NY gate.

into the badlands is pure garbage

They just need to improve the fight scenes in season 2.

Thanks for your point of view.

Following basic movie tropes is good?

fuck you I like it

It's fucking garbage but alt right snowflakes are retards who whine about everything

really hated anything to do woth the iron fist story line. I had a much better time watching the meachum family business plot unfold, I think Ward was the best character in the show

>better than either season of Daredevil
You just have shit taste.

Yeah, because theres a shit ton of movies that came out in the last 6 months in america that feature a martial arts dojo in decline.

I'm not saying following the basic beats of Wuxia films makes it a good show, but I am saying the care that the showrunners would have had to understand how to use them in the context of a superhero show proves that they have a respect for Asian cinema, amd essentially not racist.

Besides, if people can praise Jessica Jones for being a gritty noir detective show and overlook that for an entire episode they took an essentially traumatized child without a sense of morality and tortured him with no real end game and then just kinda let him go and was unable to find him for another 2 episodes despite being a detective?

And don't even get me started on the dread pirate roberts first season.

cringe

No. It just means you have shit taste, propagated by contrarianism.

yeah that show is awful. the fights are shit and those shots of the fighting make it look stale and boring.

i wanted kal penn

Yeah because the game of thrones audience really gave a shit about that faggot. Holy shit you're dense.

LOL

it was shit but if the cast an Asian it would be 80 points higher on Rotten tomatoes

isnt the whole point of the character that he takes himself entirely too seriously and talks like a white guy in a kungfu flick?

>he doesn't add velocity to his punches by spinning

Danny was garbage. Based Ward is the saving grace of this show.

>spinning

>Ward
>not Colleen Wing's fine ass

Spinning adds more power. It's like you plebs have never watched wrestling.

>man has glowing unstoppable fist super power

>THE SPINNING IS UNREALISTIC GUYS! HE NEEDS TO NOT SPIN TO MAKE THAT PUNCH THAT BLOWS UP A BRICK WALL WITH HIS GLOWING FIST SUPERPOWER BELIEVABLE!

That's you, user. Just incase there's any confusion here.

No, bro. I think it's better than JJ and LC

>GUYS IT'S GOOD YOU JUST HAVE TO TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF! MY WIFE' SON REALLY LIKES THIS SHOW!

That's you, user. Just incase there's any confusion here.

The editing for the fights is fucking awful. Not in just that it has too many cuts, that's a whole other thing from a viewability standpoint, but it just seems like it's trying really hard to cover up the main actor's lack of athleticism and martial arts background.

This problem is further exacerbated by the character and writing being bad in the show too. JJ and LC both had fuckawful fight scenes for the most part, really noticeable in JJ and LC only scraped by because most of its fight scenes were him just walking towards dudes and then knocking their asses out, but they at least had something else to grab on to. The first half or so of LC was genuinely good and a nice twist on the usual superhero stuff where it's mainly the bad guy and good guy squaring off in the public's perception of their different ways of life. Stellar character performances from key actors also helped. JJ had some very tight writing and again, some very good character performances, most noticeably Tenant, made the show.

Iron Fist just doesn't have much to grab onto and the fights feel bad and impotent.

>implying mindless entertainment is a bad thing

You're aware that people watch things for reasons other than intense study and masturbation, right Kurt Gloor?

The people groaning at the spin has nothing to do with whether or not it's believable, it just looks stupid as shit. There are lots of over-the-top unnecessary maneuvers in kung fu movies, but they're not usually embarrassing.

>implying this could be called "entertainment"
It's not even "so bad it's good", it's just bad.

I'm watching this show right now and we're actually spending an entire episode with him in a mental hospital being overpowered by orderlies. I guess the mental hospital is a vehicle to deliver some really awkward exposition.

This is really bad.

You aren't but you do have shit tastes. It's was pretty boring.

shut the fuck up

I kept thinking about him being an ex-nazi in Banshee

This. We know what Iron Fist is supposed to look like, a pudgy man with no muscles is not it.