How popular is sushi in your country

>how popular is sushi in your country
>do you love sushi

Attached: images (48).jpg (495x297, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u0_mkLAxvC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's assosciated with leftists for some reason

I like it, though often the fish are of poor quality, and good sushi is expensive

ironic weebs\normies love it

pretty popular. There are sushi place in most cities. Usually they are runned by chinks or other non japanese chinky people (viet, koreans...), except a couple places in paris.

>ironic weebs
wut

The same here. Kantou area kaitenzushi-ya quality is available in most places and costs 5x what it would in Japan. Most people prefer rolls with poor quality ingredients that are still pretty expensive. Decent sushi exists but only in places like New York and San Fransisco

everyone eats it but its expensive af

Over priced fish on water if you eat this over other things I hate you

very
no

racist

Popular here, but with a Korean twist (AKA mixed vegetables).

Rather popular I would say.
I definitely like it.

Raw food here is heavily frowned upon,that's why we have a big boiling/fry culture when it comes to fish.

there more sushi restaurents in my city than houses

Attached: 1510161620514.png (500x500, 296K)

Sushi is a bland meme food and only weebs, soy boys and white girls (the most idiotic demographic out there) like it

Raw food here is heavily frowned upon,that's why we have a big boiling/fry culture when it comes to fish.

I do like sushi but it is an acquired taste.At first I would only eat it without wasabi and soy sauce but now I don't mind.

lots of suchi bars in every city and even sushi in fastfood restaurants.
I love sushi and jap food but it`s hard to find places where they make good ones. It`s also quite expensive.

i wish koreans would open more restaurents in europe. i love korean food

this
Korean food>>>>japanese food

not very popular
>do you love sushi
no, i prefer katsudon and ebifurai

Quite popular here, although it is rare to find a sushi place run by actual Japanese.
I eat sushi on the rare occasion. Not my go-to meal but i'll eat it whenever, often with friends.

I'm guessing it's due to the use of soy sauce? Not sure why since (actual) sushi is first-world cuisine. Fat chance you'll see myself or anyone with their head screwed on right eat raw seafood in a third-world country.

>very
>i love it

people pretending to love anime and japanese culture

>eating raw fish like a degenerate savage
>food

there are more sushi restaurants than normal restaurants here, all run by mixed asian people pretending to be japanese, all with the "all you can eat but wait not really all, actually you can only order sashimi once but you can order the 99%rice1%fish rolls!" formula.

Korean food is shit they make that horrible fermented vegetable shit they should be nuked

not very
I don't hate it but I don't think it's great either. It's just raw fish on rice, most plain shit imaginable. No complex flavors or anything and most sushi types have a kind of gross texture.

Pretty popular. A lot of Chinese-Indonesian restaurants are changing into an Asian fusion restaurant.

And I like it. I love fish.

>how popular is sushi in you country
Moderately popular. Not as big as Pizza, Burgers, Chinese, or even Subs, but it’s fairly big here. It’s more of a city thing, though. You won’t find sushi out in rural America for the most part. It might varie per state, though. Here in New York, you can probably find sushi at every corner. It’s actually pretty large in New York. I think it’s the same in SoCal as well. Not so sure about other states. But the more rural you go, the harder it is to find.
>do you love sushi
Yeah I think it’s pretty good. I like it better than Chinese and fast food in general.

Sushi? More like Sushit.

Sushi is so overrated. It was originally a street food that only peasants ate. Sushi in its current form was started only like 130 years ago, and even back then the average sushi was the size of your fist, most of it rice with only a thin slice of cheap fish meat on it. Sushi was originally tough and chewy because those were the only types of fish available. Deep sea fish such as tuna wasn't even eaten by the Japanese because they believed it contained parasites. Sushi only became soft, tender and "high class" with the advent of flash freezing technologies. The only reason why sushi and sashimi are tender in the first place is because of flash freezing. ACTUAL fresh raw fish is chewy. Finally, the two most popular types of sushi (tuna and salmon) are recent creations. Salmon sushi was invented by Norwegian fishing companies in the 1970s who were trying to sell their surplus salmon to the Japanese who originally didn't eat salmon.

PS that’s a copypasta. personally, I like sushi.

It's very popular, especially with a ton of shit on top. In particular roasted onions, mayonnaise, sriracha and unagi sauce. It usually overshadows the taste of the fish and rice. It's kinda hard finding traditional sushi since this type has become so popular.

Attached: f6c2ad25861bf678eacb5aad09550849.jpg (625x469, 87K)

not very popular. people think raw fish is disgusting (despite never trying it) and think that it's unsafe even after the freezing procedure every restaurant has to do. also people associate east asian cuisine with cat and dog meat and think they use them here. it's not very popular because people are ignorant and or skeptical.

>do you love sushi
yes, but I prefer something like cucumber or avocado instead of fish

Really popular, but most places are owned by Peruvians or Chinese.

The Filthy frank said that the best sushi in NYC is comparable to train station sushi in japan.

raw fish has been popular here since the dawn of time
the only sushi i like is tuna nigiri tho

not really
and I hate it

Yeah but you have to know what places can actually make it. Fresh ingredients is one thing but it's all wasted if the cook can't make the fucking rice right. Dry, chewing gum -like, wet as baby food, i've seen it all.

Reasonably popular. It's common to find weird versions with mexican ingredients added (spicy sauce, arrachera meat, avocado), and for some reason, the only version that exists is rolls (maki).

it looks really nice but when i eat it is always bland as fuck

I work at 4 star hotel and I eat sushi literally every day. Shrimp sushi is my favorite.

That is an exaggeration. The very best sushi in NYC is really quite good. The tier immediately below that is train station in Japan level but costs >5x as much

>sushi
i tried it in Ireland.
Its overpriced and doesn't taste that good considering how much you're paying
overrated weaboo food if i do say so myself

>I tried it in ireland
your problem not the sushi's

all of the staff was gooks man. there wasnt a single irish person in there.

I'm a line cook at a sushi joint a few days a week. My main hustle is an 'American' mid to upscale bar/kitchen
I love sushi

>I'm guessing it's due to the use of soy sauce?
Yeah, a cultural stereotype that has been present for years in Israel came from a months old Sup Forums meme.

It's more so that it's expensive, and leftists here are generally wealthy. Plus, Asian restaurants used to be rare outside of the center area, which has more leftists. The stereotype also extends to Espresso, so the whole archetype is "Hipster Ashkenazi Tel-Aviv leftists eating Sushi and drinking Espresso while real patriots in the periphery have a hard time because of muh oppression"

Espresso is seen as leftist? So what do the right drink? American style? Instant?

They just hire Asians for appearance doesn't mean it's authentic
I went to Japanese restaurant in Australia and can hear the waiters talking to each other in Chinese

Arak, shitty Israeli beer, or Vodka if they are Russian.

Instant coffee is neutral, though Turkish coffee is considered manlier I guess

GIRUGAMESH

>Turkish coffee
>More manly than espresso
Israel is truly a twisted place.

I'd eat it everyday if it wasn't so expensive.

Lmao just like America

>You eat sushi? What are you, a fag?
>You drink espresso? What are you, a fag?

It's quite popular in cities, but the quality is mediocre.
As said, most of them are owned by Chinese. Good sushi can only be found in big cities, and it's rather expensive. I think your random train sushi or 100-yen sushi in Japan is better than 90% of sushi restaurants in France.

It's just a little bit of rice with a tiny piece of fish on top. Why is that shit even popular, it doesn't even taste like anything

>be me
>be a korean-american
>eat sushi at a chinese buffet
>drinks coffee with it
>gets called a "hipster gook fag"

some days I wish I was Japanese cuz no one likes koreans

ungatheredSUSHI (chirashiaUSHI/baraZUSHI)
youtu.be/u0_mkLAxvC4

Attached: main.jpg (340x230, 115K)

Is quite popular as special dish, it's expensive.

embarrassing English skills, user
chirashizushi translates to scattered sushi

300 DORRA RITE FUCKING NOW BAKA GAIJIN I GAVEYOU YOUL RAWR FISH ON DA RICE NOW GET OUT

Attached: file.png (714x750, 1.04M)

most people here have probably not eaten sushi, just a vague imitation sold by shameless chinese. imagine if your only idea of French food came from Moroccans trying to pass their creations off as French

it's popular somehow in big cities

>pretty popular, you can buy it everywhere and there's a lot of sushi bars

>nope, don't like anything with fish at all

We definitely call it chirashizushi

Well, Espresso is something you can only get in fancy cafés or a special device. Turkish coffee is something you make yourself with a tin pot and a gas canister while hiking or when you are on military duty.

it's very popular. even my town of 5000 residents has a sushi restaurant. estonians LOVE fish

Pretty popular. Not huge but lots of younger people like it. I think it's good but not my favorite thing to eat

topple the items that you get

???

was scrolling just for this

>You guys don't know "real sushi"

Loved by weebs, as it probably happens anywhere. But for the rest, not a lot. Chinese food is a lot more popular

>do you love sushi
put that shit away from me

It's popular but they put cream cheese on it and ruin the stuff. No joke.
The best restaurants don't do this, but they're located only in big cities and are expensive.

>cream cheese
generally vomit inducing with one notable exception: smoked salmon uramaki
also in the past i have tried a fusion type gunkan nigiri with cream cheese mixed with blue cheese. it was... interesting

I like sushi every now and again but these days shit is 50% sushi restaurants 50% anything else

fuck off back to your island Japan

I'd say average. I love it.

I go to an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. $18. I don't know how they profit. They must be some kind of money laundering front for a crime organization.

>do you love sushi
I am vegetarian

how the fuck is that possible?