Why do people age?

Why do people age?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbs58.com/news/milwaukee-man-drowns-in-lake-michigan
youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because we're all mortal

Because the thought that the world would have to put up with you indefinitely would make everyone else kill themselves.

Why does a man have to die?
I ask you this question, why does a man have to die?
The world goes on for millions of years and how much is a man's life? A drop! A microscopic fragment! Why can't a man live five hundred years or a thousand? Why does he have to die almost the moment he's born? Why can't a man live a decent number of years?!

our components get worn down, they stop working like they used to, then they fail

So you don't have to.

Hey guys, I'm a paramedic here in Milwaukee and if you're a fan of RLM you might want to brace yourselves for some bad news. ;_;

cbs58.com/news/milwaukee-man-drowns-in-lake-michigan

Telomeres

You need to have the evolutionary theory in mind, espcecially the theory developded by Richard Dawkins, where it's not different organsims being naturally selected for, but instead genes, which only use organisms as vessels.
Now it woul be far too energy inefficient to just develop giant complex repair mechanisms in order to avoid things that (probably) cause aging like accumulation of reactive oxygen species/oxidation stress, breakdown of mitochondrial DNA, accumulation of random gene mutation to the point were they stop working,....when you instead can just pass down your genes, for them to live on in the next generations. Your genes don't give a fuck if you die as long as you have kids (if you don't they failed the natural/sexual selection and are worthy of dying with you)

tl;dr: it's more (energy)efficient to procreate then to live forever

To answer it simply if people didn't age the world would become overpopulated and plants would grow out of control.. it would just be a huge mess.

when will this actually be available.

it seems that government overregulation is causing this technology to not be available to consumers

the FDA is fucking cancer and has killed many more people than it has saved

>muh overpopulation
it's a myth
also we are going to other planets

are we chum?

Joke's on them,i'll never procreate.

>when will this actually be available.
when will what be available?
genetic engineering that allows for immortality?

probably never. If even remotely possible (no idea; i'm a bio fag not a computer/cybernetics fag) then we'll upload our minds into machines; otherwise i see not much hope for biological immortality in a sense that would be satisfying for humans.

We are however coming really far in terms of prolonging life, while still avoiding age related diseases. My prediction: in 30-40 (maybe 50) years we will have effective medication against Alzheimers, Parkinsons and rheumatic diseases

>teleology in science
Why is Dawkins such a hack?

Because life is cruel and society has partly made it even more cruel.

For the first 20ish years of so of your life, you're bound by school to educate yourself into a proper workslave. Every day you are tasked with filling your head with knowledge which is, by all accounts, necessary on a basic level. It doesn't change the fact that they all deemed it necessary to have kids sit for 8 hours a day and have them pay attention to something they don't care about. The prime of your playful youth wastes away. It's no wonder that when you eventually go to college/university, you fail your courses because the sudden boundless independence and freedom causes you to neglect your studies entirely. You still just want to play.

Eventually you do graduate so you can situate yourself into another 8 hour routine, not accounting for travel time. Except now you can have the added effect of seeing your own face decay in the mirror every day as your age goes past the expiration date. You think your hair is becoming a bit thinner but you're not sure, your face seems slightly saggier, you notice small lines and hope they'll go away since your skin might just be dry.

But no, these things don't go away. They only get worse while you continue to do your routine. You'll continue looking at that mirror and start realizing that your life is actually over. You're no longer in your prime and you spent the majority of it studying/working and wonder if it's all worth it since you haven't accomplished any of your dreams. You didn't do enough when you had the chance.

You want to make a change, perhaps. But what's the point? Your age has caught up with you and how long will this intermission into different life take you? There is no more time to get sidetracked, take a different path. As certain as the lines and bald spots you possess, there is no more time.

>teleology
he doesn't argue for that. That was just me describing the process that made it sound like there's a purpose behind it.
There isn't (as far as we can tell), but it's hard to describe that stuff without ascribing nature/genes some sort of conciousness. I always fall into that trap

>no idea; i'm a bio fag not a computer/cybernetics fag
if you actually were a biofag you would know about recent advancements in anti aging research

but you dont

im going to fucking kill myself

why did you write this?
do you have these problems yourself?

Because if they didn't I wouldn't be attracted to my grandma and I wouldn't have anyone to give the ol lickaroo, squeeze her tits, rub my dick on and in, and fap onto after everyone else goes to sleep since she moved in after she got dementia.

>he doesn't argue for that.
Eh, fine then, I guess. Because it would be very, very hypocritical of him, seeing how he shits on philosophy as often as he does.

>Not doing that to your dad instead

What are you fuckin gay m8?

>but you dont

ok, what do you want to hear? I know quite a bit about current anti aging research and as i said "We are however coming really far in terms of prolonging life, while still avoiding age related diseases"
current anti aging research focuses on avoiding age related diseases and less in prolonging life (which is a nice side effect of course). Everyone searching for "true immortality" in the bio- field is most likely a hack (see the whole "telomerases are the wholy grail" disaster)

If you want to live longer/be healthier longer without having to wait for medication: just eat healthy, drink (only) water, exercise regularly (not too much), go out into the fresh air and enjoy some sunlight, have friends/wife/pets, reduce meat/diary and other animal products once you're in your mid 30s, have regular periods of fasting (not too much!) once you're in your mid 30s (earlier is also ok, but doesn't yield that much)

Just to piss you out, bunch of old cunts all of them.

Why do you keep spamming this idiot? Also what kind of autism do you have?

None of them are 34, nice try.

Has AIDSmoby kicked the bucket?

Jack is.

Nah, he was streaming last night. Sorry.

>Jack dies just as he becomes one of the better people in RLM and not so annoying

The world is a cruel place.

phew...and i was afraid it was someone i'd miss.

That was a ghost.

AND THEN ONE DAY YOU FIND
TEN YEARS HAVE GOT BEHIND YOU
NO ONE TOLD YOU WHEN TO RUN
YOU MISSED THE STARTING GUN
youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

>Mike Stoklasa
>in a thread about why people age

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad

Lies, it was a skost.

I like how everyone gives him shit for believing in ghosts now. It's pathetic on my part but I honestly lost respect for him when he said he believed in ghosts and watches ghost hunter shows.

And he was having a Tums Festival on a folding chable.

he doesn't believe in ghosts, he's "fascinated by the supernatural"