This movie really made me think

this movie really made me think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0XmQ40iQ3zo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Marcia Gay Harden
>Gay Harden

how can parents be this retarded?

made you think it was a really shitty movie

it's a good movie about a shitty person

>Gaylord Stuckey
You just know

Didn’t think much of the film but the soundtrack was great though.
This was my favorite piece youtu.be/0XmQ40iQ3zo

>DUDE FUCK SOCIETY FREEDOM NATURE N SHIEEE- MOM HELP ME IM DYING!

Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.

I remember reading a news article about a guy going to live in the wild with nothing but his van.
He died.

try again m8, but your pasta is stale.

>screenplay and directed by

what an insecure little faggot Sean Penn is

nice pasta.

>t. mccandless enabler

Are you a babby batonny chop chopper too?

>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film)
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards

yeah, this movie is the reason I'm going to work and travel in australia/canada

I hope you die too :)

at least I'm not going to die in a hole in your moms basement.

Is it possible he was murdered?

I think the reason people react so aggressively towards him is that the movie shows a part of them that already almost died off. Laugh at him dying in the wilderness as he would have laughed at you spending another day in front of the computer spouting memes and hate only to numb the fact that you postponed yet another day of turning your life around and following your dreams.
I find the fact that you attack his intentions rather than his lack of planning rather telling. He may be dead but at least he was alive.

This, to be honest. It's a well-shot movie about a complete moron.

No, we're alive. The whole point wasn't that he was trying to live, he was just running away from his parents. His whole thing was a giant fuck you to his parents. That's really all it was. He wasn't that special or interesting. His noble intentions were just a cover for being a scared kid that didn't know how to deal with his family. He was running away from something, not running to something. That's why he died out there.

No, he was just a fucking moron. He literally went to commit suicide via starvation. He wasn't following a dream. That's made up bullshit from the book and movie.

Sup Forums posters are just perpetually embarrassed of themselves and any mistake they make is considered a disaster to them which is why they spend their entire lives trying to pick other people apart to try to feel better about themselves

All you can do is not take the losers here seriously

The movie is really good. Hate the character or not, the movie is well shot, and the main actor has done an outstanding job.

This

powerful....

What a fucking retard.
The movie fails to mention that if he had literally walked minutes up or down the unfrozen river, he would have found an artificial crossing.
Why didn't that dipshit pack a map?

Because he wanted to be an explorer. And since the world is already explored he decided to pretend it isn't.

No, it was more than that.

>He may be dead but at least he was alive.

did the stupid slut who had a teaching degree give you a good grade for this before sending you off into the big wie world that told you youre a faggot with no skills

I remember having this for a summer reading project back in high school. It was awful and I never finished it

it was more than that. The whole thing about society is that you are bound to so many things, health care, taxes, work you dont want, shit you dont want to eat and so on. You are bombarded with media everywhere you go, anything has become some sort of an ad to make money. While this all happends daily, you as a normal person can only watch kim kardashian or some other bimbo showing you how awesome a rich life is while you struggle to afford a normal life. And on top of that, people kill themself with eating shit like mcdonals or taco bell to the point where they have to rely on health care.

People also become more and more bound to technology and social media. Well I know that this is the way we go towards but it sure as hell not the healthiest one and sure as hell it does not make us in anyway happy.

Normal people are supposed to smother in shit working a job they dont like because they have to buy shit they dont need.

That guy knew that this is where humanity was going. Money, Capitalism and
economy have become more important than normal people. Just look at the pharma industry shoving shit inside your mouth to cure you of something that was promoted by an ad.

wow das deep bro

why didnt he move to an anarchist state or any place on earth that doesnt have capitalism? he hated the system and sperged out REE IM GOING AS FAR AWAY FROM HERE AS POSSIBLE, WITHIN AMERICAS BORDERS.

did he fuck up big time and have to surrender his passport? and this was his spergy way of REEing against being trapped within the "artifical construct of nation borders"? it wouldnt surprise me, he is a dumb cunt

australia has the shittiest countryside imaginable.
t. australian

new zealand is wonderful though. it's exactly as it looks in lotr/the hobbit