The Amish People

What does Sup Forums think about the Amish?

Other urls found in this thread:

amishdating.com/
conversantlife.com/theology/how-many-youth-are-leaving-the-church
youtube.com/watch?v=eoXG3__vL8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My company's primary partnerships are with Amish. They work hard but it is very much like a cult.

There are 300,000 of them right now, more than ever before.

And as they have an average of seven children per family, they are among the fastest-growing populations in the world.

Thats because they think birth control is of the devil

i like the work ethic, but not the luddism.

>cult
such a meme term

I don't know too much about them.

What makes them a cult?

Purest German genes in the USA (i.e., they are horribly inbred)

It is one of those: Do exactly what we (elders (men)) say or you will be excommunicated for life because God.

The Amish are 100 IQ mouth breathers.

>strict rules = cult
that's such a dumb definition, almost anything would qualify.

A simple life could be similarly fulfilling, imo.

Do they also shun modern medicine, though?

I'd wonder how high their average IQ is.

Is that confirmed?

I think they are fascinating. Would like to meet some

They allow their children to 'try out' western society and decide for themselves if they want to stay.

Doesn't sound too cultish.

I guess when you spend as much time with them as I do, you see the differences.

>Do they also shun modern medicine, though?
I don't think so; they can still get treatment if needed. The rules on technology aren't absolute, they don't want people to suffer needlessly.

If they don't come back then they are homeless, broke, have no idea what modern technology is about and are permanently shunned from their communities and from God.

Hence why most go back.

>tfw no Amish gf

President Eisenhower was an amish

Rejection of technology is absolutely degenerate.
Otherwise they are pretty nice people.

I wonder what it must be like, even if they leave.

Having 'lost' your youth to a completely different world than the one you want to live in now must be tough.

Delicious dairy products. Cultish but I guess Mennonites are sort of a compromise?

I lived down the road from them as a child. They're great and can cook the best bread. Just awesome stuff. I am a prottie though my self.

They were the technophobe type of Amish in Upstate New York in the Finger Lakes.

I wanted to join the amish to get exempted from social security and other taxes, but I couldn't find their website.

The west coast has Mennonites similar but less restrictive.

no you are an arab, you can't be the old german

It's a cult that leaves it's members in such a co-dependent state they cannot survive if they try to leave.

That's pretty high for a group that rejects conventional child-care

amishdating.com/

You dont sound like a newborn, Burger. Then why the fuck do you still eat dairy ?

Dont answer, wrong board. Just pointing out that if you still consume dairy in this year and age you deserve the niggers you get.

Pretty interesting people. There are many "tribes" (if you will). Some dont allow any technology at all, some use refrigerators and other necessary electric appliances.

You can read a few IAMAs on leddit if you want to. The only thing that site is good for.

They make good products and have great customer service in their restaurants. Friendly people.

it is, womens urine can't be filtered by municipal water systems and their pee is making all the tap water turn men into cake boys

>thinking I'm actually from albania
>doesn't get the joke

I'm guessing you're one of those sub-85 IQ africans that shouldn't even be in a country built by whites.

Fuck the Amish. They rip up the road and dont pay tax to compensate it. They breed like rabbits and are incest as fuck around here. Also they are like the biggest jews around here when it come to dealing with money.

Upvoted fellow redditor :)

>70% of Christians become atheists after college

Source on this? Seems like BS.

Pulled it off google images, no source.

They are just like Mormans, i.e. It's okay for them to fuck their daughters/sisters.

What makes you think I use reddit? I go on there infrequently if it comes up on a search.

Damn id tear that woman up. She would be doing her chores bowlegged

I know a few of them, we have one that works for us sometimes.
He doesn't have a telephone so I have to leave him a note at the community building.
They have a phone in that building, and a computer they can use, but not in their houses as far as I know.

If you ever see an Amish bake sale, stop immediately and buy all you can.

Actually, there you go:
conversantlife.com/theology/how-many-youth-are-leaving-the-church

Albanians are not Arabs

That's actually the way it is supposed to be though.

It's cult like because people are power hungry. It fits the "Cult" meme. They isolate you and punish you in weird ways if you disobey.

I like the Amish more than anything the left has to offer

From what I understand Is they use technology just not for entertainment. So tv and computers they don't use, but fridges and ac yes

Are they Jew wise?
Would they gas with us?

They are arab tier, that's the point

>tfw not amish

Found the chink.

It depends on the sect. I've seen omosh in Ohio that have cell phones on their belt bit don't take them in the house. There us another sect in the area that have land line phones but in green boxes outside their front door, again not in the house. Some of the menenites drive tractors but have to have steel wheels, no rubber.

As far as the cult meme it most definitely applies. They shelter people, tell them their way is the only way, then shun them if they stray.

They are the fastest growing religion in the US. They are the most prepared if the power grid goes down. They probably don't have up to date weapons and are generally pacifists. So they could be easy pickings if shit hit the fan. But they are ready for an apocalypse.

Cancer glad we shipped them in the us

You're burning that meat man

Absolute qts

Thats a first. Lmao. I'll take it.

I want to go back in time.
b4 sluts happened.

>be born into backwards culture
>grow up learning no useful skills in a modern society
>realize you can't cut it in the real world so you "choose" to live in the one you can

Master craftsmen. Their stuff is expensive, but it lasts forever. They give a shit about what they do and it shows.

Eschewing technology is not degenerate.

They used to be very anti-semitic, but they traveled to Israel to apologize or something.

Look it up. No idea how legit that is.

>van
>folding chairs made in china
>probably cut the wood with electrical saws
>probably bought the bricks from home depot
it's a slippery slope

They have always existed. Sorry, dude.

>you will never go there and show the grills your /fa/shion and /fit/ body
>you will never impress them with your /lit/ , Sup Forums and Sup Forums knowledge
>you will never rail the entire amish communties collection of grills
reeee

Yeah but we depend to much on tech.
If the shit hits the fan 90% of the current generation would stave to death.
The Amish would not notice.
Also our population without oil is unsustainable and that's going to run out eventually.
We could go nuclear and have everything run on batteries but you cant run a jet or tank on batteries the power vacuum will be insane.
In 100 years we will be using wooden ships with sails again after a massive population drop due to war and starvation.

How is that different from African or south American tribes? are they cults too?

>b4 sluts happened

>rejecting modernity
>live in traditionalist communes and families
>live simple lifes, tending their farms and fields
>women in wheat fields

They are like the alt-right dream land

Weird Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise.

I wish I were White so I could join the Amish.

if shit hits the fan, guess where all the people with the guns are going?

guess who has the fully functional farms without need of a working grid of electricity.

What's with British filming and culture? Why does it seem trapped in the 90s?

youtube.com/watch?v=eoXG3__vL8A

> shtf
> for group
> go to amish paradise
> be nice
> receive amish qt and a happy life

you messed it up halfway through

>shtf
>be that group
>go to amish paradise
>going to amish paradise to ransack the place; not play twiddlydinks
>rape amish qt and kill the elders
>its mine now bitch

meant to write
>form group

Don't be a savage, though.
More manpower is always good in a situation like that.

You cant eat guns. You cant treat disease with guns

t. homosexual

If you quit a normal church you can still see your family.