Has there ever been a more disappointing sequel?

Has there ever been a more disappointing sequel?

ID4 resurgence
Dumber and Dumber To
Blade 3
Superman 4

How the fuck are you going to build a star killer base just to have it get destroyed in less than a few decades.

This starcape shit is retarded.

I'm glad I don't give hollywood any money.

Star Wars never should've been a corporate produced soulless product

There's been plenty. I expected a watchable, but ultimately cynical cash-in on nostalgia, and I got exactly that.

Anyone with half a brain should have expected the same.

>disappointing
Speak for yourself, I went in expecting capeshit in space and got capeshit in space.

well given the circular nature of time, it is actually a prequel

not yet

starship troopers 2

American Pie 3

The OT was lightning in a bottle, time has demonstrated that it's impossible to make good sequels, prequels, or spin-offs from it. It's time to bury this franchise.

22 Jump Street

I've never been more glad to see a movie fail

>b-but Disney buying the franchise is a good thing!

Nope. It was the worst film I've ever seen in theaters and I'm not even joking. How anyone can defend the most unlikeable cast of all time is beyond me.

S. Darko, a movie so bad it was decanonized then disowned by the Creator saying it was a mistake

The movie was made for literal retards who wanted the same crap they watched 40 years ago with modern identity politics injected into it

This. At this point it's just raping the franchise. Buyout should've never happened and this whole movie franchise should've died back in 2005 with ROTS. I say this as a former Star Wars fan that would make me ashamed to admit I was ever one because Star Wars fan these days means blind fanboy or creator of clickbait articles and videos.

IS SNOKE REALLY HITLER? FIND OUT MORE AT 11

How are these more disappointing than the follow up to the original Star Wars saga?

Are we really still going to pretend this was bad?

You just need to get away from the skywalkers and jedi centric story and you got tons of opportunities. Video games and novels have proven this over and over again

it was forgettable which is worse imo

how was it good? the story is a mess, the acting is ok at best and the vfx arent ground breaking

The blade runner sequel will almost certainly be more disappointing.

How isn't a terribly written terribly acted ripoff of A New Hope bad? It raped Star Wars beyond repair. You could ignore the prequels being shit. You can't ignore the third Death Star, MaRey Sue, or the cuckening of the OT characters. Jar Jar's Star Wars The Force Awakens is a cinematic tumor through and through.

Alien 3/4

All pales in comparison to the most anticipated sequel of all time.

In TFA only the writing is terrible, the execution of every other filmmaking element is atleast decent.
While the execution of every single filmmaking element in the prequels is atrocious (except for the sountrack by Williams and sound design by Burtt)

I was stunned at how atrociously bad it was. The prequels characters were so bad and over the top that it I enjoyed it a lot. Especially, "From my point of view the Jedi are evil.". That's hilariously funny. TFA had a shitty cast of losers.

This is true, but the current owners of the franchise wouldn't dare to move away from playing everything completely safe in a million years, at least for the movies. So, Skywalker Saga it is, hope you enjoy your spin-offs of every single character who ever appeared in the OT.

How about all three Hobbit films.

They were not the most anticipated film in film history.

Plus An Unexpected Journey is a better film than Return of the King.

The big battle in ROTK wasn't even half as good as the one in Two Towers.

this

maybe the score will be good. maybe.

I have faith in Villeneuve, he has yet to disappoint me.

Jurassic World, the TFA of Jurassic series

How was it disappointing? It was exactly as expected. A good fun dinosaur movie. Nothing more, nothing less.

how they get the money for the starkiller base?
and who designed that without the genosians?

Disappointing for sure, but the Matrix wasn't so good that I'd count these among the greatest disappointments.

Even mark hamill knows this

Episode vii was trash
The fact that george went inane with the prequels is the only reason they are watchable

Jurassic World was almost as bad as tfa

I'm amazed how almost every aspect of this never exceeds mediocrity. The direction (as usual for JJ) is frantic and never has any sense of natural flow or pacing, the characters are all characatures of qualities at best, the only entertaining one was the "not Hitler" guy. Even the john Williams score was generic and crappy

How anyone can actually be looking forward to the 8th one and that Han Solo movie (don't even pretend like that will be any good) is beyond me

Fun and good are not synonymous. It had action. That was about it. Aside from that it used the same formula force awakens did. Mash the nostalgia button countless times, get an attractive lead character, throw in some CG spectacle.

Don't tell me a white bitch in high heels can outrun a fuckin T-Rex killer. Fuck that shit.

It's been nearly 2 years and I still feel like I don't get it. This and Rogue One, I feel like there's some integral part of the movie I was absent for, which makes all of this matter.

Just like the force awakens, it shamelessly pillaged elements from the first film but it has no idea how to use them. The kids are hugely unlikable, the aunt is basically a villain who is a bad aunt and an even worse runner for the park, a plot that basically relies on everyone being stupid (they actually go into the giant dinosaur cage with no prep because they actually think it disappeared, that don't instantly fire their bazooka at the giant killer dinosaur when it stands still)

>In TFA only the writing is terrible, the execution of every other filmmaking element is atleast decent.

The acting is also terrible

They should've stopped with the first trilogy.

So you've been in the same situations as the characters in the movie so that you know how they would act?

nope. they disney'd the fuck out of it. plot, casting, everything.