Our city should build up, not out

>Our city should build up, not out

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NsHGnw1txLY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

desu we should return to modernist city planning and architecture.

postmodernism is like a bad dream that never ends, and the reactionary calls for pastiches is just another form of pomo.

Attached: Brottaren Brolid2.jpg (3264x2448, 224K)

>implying pic related is a good thing

Attached: sprawl.jpg (793x631, 169K)

>OP wants paki and chink infested shitholes like toronto and vancouver to expand outwards

Attached: 1516862794777.jpg (861x499, 69K)

unironically tho.
suburbs are breeding grounds for degeneracy and mindless consumerism

>it's better to live cramped into an expensive apartment in the city than to live in a spacious two story house on a peaceful suburb

Attached: 1513283322824.png (488x463, 28K)

>vertical infraestructure is bad
>we should go back to the grasslands my fellxw fxlks

Attached: 1502708733105.jpg (800x450, 15K)

this but unironically

t. grew up in the latter, presently in the former

They don't even have to be those god awful North American cookie cutter subdivisions.

I grew up in pic related and it had hourly commuter trains into the center of Chicago, restaurants within walking distance from my house, etc.

Still was pretty car centered, tho.

Attached: 04-Tivoli-theater-bowling-alley-Downers-Grove-IL-1024x617_thumb.jpg (1028x621, 177K)

Bingo. I live in a studio apartment on the north side of Chicago. I can get whatever I want within minutes because I'm a short walk from grocery stores, a liquor store, restaurants, etc.

Agreed.

perfect cities never build higher than churches

go back to /n/ you fucking urbanism/architecture faculty rejects

It's not the direction of your expansion, is HOW you do it and the VERSATILITY of your DESIGN what determines a GOOD or BAD social expansion

suburbs are subhuman tho

I live in a suburb and I can do the same, yet I have a backyard and 4 rooms to spare

First post, best post.
And trips no less.

noice. not far from Naperville downtown where I grew up

When I was in the burbs I had to drive everywhere, and it sucked.

finally a non plebian post from based INCA

What you doing in Canada then? Moved up there? Dual citizen?

>Moved up there? Dual citizen?
bingo. moved up there for comfy and cheap tuition. now i'm kind of stuck here

You want to live with chinks and pakis in a commieblock?

I thought about going to college abroad but my parents talked me out of it.

commieblocks are comfy tho.
>dfw memories of faint cigeratte smell with screaming slav neighbors and pakis cooking curry

t bh not worth it if you don't have citizenship in that country.

Looking back I would have been better off going to University of Illinois Urbana Champagne
>easy acceptance rate
>respected institution
>good campus life

I kinda wish I considered UIUC but I don't think I'd have been happy there. Massive state schools just aren't good places for me.

Instead I picked Colorado State because fuck the midwest which turned out to be a disaster and I flunked out of there, spent a few semesters at CoD and now I'm at Loyola.

Hopefully I'll graduate in 2019 and can GTFO of the Chicago area.

Also the acceptance rate isn't so easy for Engineering, that program is pretty selective.

Suburbs and skyscrapers are both cancer
Postmodernism is unironically preferable to modernism, you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Modernist architecture = ugliest buildings ever made

>for Engineering
yeah no kidding..
Loyola. not a bad school but fuck everything about having to commute to chicago DT.
Godspeed user

>suburbs are better than the city centre

youtube.com/watch?v=NsHGnw1txLY

Attached: 1512294602390.png (866x900, 94K)

I have a place in Rogers Park and all my classes are up here too, so communing isn't an issue. It's honestly a pretty comfy place.

Or we could just turn cities into museums and force everyone to live in towns and villages.

A buddy of mine beat up a cop and went to canada where he also had citizenship and he's just living a normal uni life. He would be in jail 10 years had he stayed here.

Bullshit. Tuition in Europe is way way less than in the US. If you don't fly translatlantic too much it's easily worth it

>suburbs
>not close enough to the city to enjoy near immediate access to services and entertainment
>not far enough away to own sizeable land or have actual privacy
>have to live in overpriced shitty homes built 5 years ago and surrounded by liberal soccer moms

the worst of both worlds

You'd have to own a car too.

>liberal soccer moms
I was surrounded by dumb evangelicals in my suburb.

No bars in walking distance

>modernist neighborhoods
>all the buildings are in the same style, there is more than enough place for children to play, there is a parking spot, a patch of grass to walk dogs on, several little shops including a butcher shop and a barber, and the whole neighbourhood is pleasant and well organised.
And we're talking about 70s Yugoblocks, not some high-class area.

>postmodern architecture
>disgusting massive steel & glass tower that's expensive to maintain and hurts the eyes because it's built without any consideration for the surrounding area
>reflects the sunlight on the nearby street making it unbearably hot in Summer

Why can't we bring back literally any architecture movement pre-20th century?

Because modernism was the best thing that happened to architecture.