Tfw white people invented racism to justify colonization

>tfw white people invented racism to justify colonization

Attached: 827.png (680x638, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/17r3o2/racism_in_the_ancient_world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know this is a bait thread but it raises an interesting question. Were white people the first to try to justify racism with science or were there earlier efforts elsewhere?

Actually the Spanish invented modern pro white racism to combat the hundreds of years of arab rule which had left the nation divided. To help prove your white christian descent you could still see the "blue in your veins". If anything, racism was a response to colonization done to them.

this
arab conquests in Europe was the first genocide

they didn't care about his race and still let jews and muslims inside the territory if they become christians.

racism was invented after the illustration to justify colonization.

really makes me think desu

No, the inquisition made sure of that. Racism appeared as a result of muslim conquests in Europe. White meant christian. Perhaps this racism became more pronounced later on, but it was by no means this Machiavellian. For example a Catholic Mestizo was worth more than a white jew or protestant for years in LatAm

invented after the illustration....im an illustrator i feel good.
science is racist. the question is what do you do with that knowledge it provides.
anytime in history where two races would clash there would be racism, pretending it started with whites is ridiculous.

Many People had a "we are special" thing but things changed in the imperial era when science was used to justify social beliefs and policies as well as a way to justify atrocities or abuse.

here in south Belize we are equal because we are all white and based

there was no concept of white even today in europe.

white is an american concept to cathegorize european inmigrants.

well, the illustration period, dunno what's the proper word.

>anytime in history where two races would clash there would be racism

Not really. Many "interracial" contact was actually pretty friendly. Yoy are assuming the race dynamics of now matched group dynamics back then.

History. Look to history.

im gonna take it easy on you as youre a new worlder and thus dont have a concept of time before 1500, so to put it mildly
you are a retarded spic who thinks humans of different races got perfectly along before evil wypepo colonized a bunch of savages

What are you on bro? It feels like you are honestly just trolling. Are you just insecure about your own race?

Danish are the most racist.

>what is the roman empire, arab empire that were multicultural and multiracial
???

enlightenment?
as mongols conquered the world they surely would have feelings of racial pride, and those conquered would have racial hatred towards them.

Fuck you Longocombia.
Your Nation is way more racist than Germany.
Why do you hate your Chocó-Niggers?

I'm just watching a course on racism.

I don't care about race but IQ.

yeah, that one.

scientific racism never existed before science was invented.

No?We were racist with every race that wasn't our.Japanese,black,south east asian,chinese,amerindian,etc.We would convert them but still discriminate then.
There's even a letter or record of a portuguese priest in japan saying"I am not angered by their actions since they are nothing but negros."

Romans were racist as shit

Attached: 1520872160191.png (395x415, 150K)

you think people were equal in those societies? humans are literally designed to fear those who look or act different from our own tribe. it is called survival instinct and has been going on since day one

Race is a modern concept.
People didn't have much of a race concept in most places because they didn't have much of a contact with different looking people.

Romans where racist. Ancient Greeks where racist. The bible has passages that categorize People in races (Ham, Sem, Jafet)

Where people met other people of different looks there is racism.

It was more againts foreigners, there was no concept of race in ancient history.

plenty of non europeans were considered roman civilians, even egyptians were considered roman civilians.

Science was invented before the Enlightenment. Enlightenment = fedora secularism. The beginning of the end of all things Western. The birth of feminism and faggotry.

This.Only races/nationalities in a position of power and prestige can be racist.Imagine if you lived on a USA that was 60% black,you'd probably be discriminated and actually feel like a racism victim

Then you would know that concepts of whiteness being superior were a response to the (mosty brown) middle eastern incursions to Europe. Before that it depended on culture. Romans thought German blondes were dumb barbarians and the English felt the same about Irish redheads. Even muslims recognied this when they would raid the balkans and caucasus for slaves. Western European Colonism came very late in the game dude. And Bolivar did not even represent most of your country, most Criollos were loyal to the crown. I believe you are misinformed

>plenty of non europeans
There was no concept of Europe back then.
And romans where very racist towards Germanics.
We were their favourite slaves.

They're an evil mischievious people who would even bend their own religion to justify their maliciousness. I.E Claiming blacks were the descendents of Ham. And therefore should live under the whip. Their idea of brotherhood of man is them as the golden child while everyone else has to serve them.
Bullshit but I believe it.

Racism as a concept didn't even exist a century ago. It's entirely a Jewish thing.

pretty much, they didn't have a concept of racial superiority.

there was however superiority of the cities elites versus tribal primitive people.

I'm not talking about people not being aware of race, I'm talking about people thinking there's a racial scale of superiority like they do in pol.

Exactly, this guy just has a big chip on his shoulder because we are the product of race mixing.

and a black were president of the united states, does this mean black americans face zero discrimination?
honestly i'm not sure if this is another wh*toid thread or this is what you actually think? since ive seen americans who actually believe this but at the same time it is so stupid. an english speaking colombian surely should be wealthy enough to own a basic history book

>pretty much, they didn't have a concept of racial superiority.
Greeks had a very clear concept of Racial Supriority.

Ironically, world people now do racism to us again lol.

Racism always exised.But in europe you'd hardly see niggers throwing grenades and lighting cars on fire in Stockholm or see Pakis raping underage kids in London.
The colonial empires were the first since the roman empire to bring back racism

It was more like my civilization/home town is superior and those guys from the other town in the other part of the river were barbarians.

It wasn't lol, those barbarians are my own skin color, therefore they're my friends.

Western = Christian btw
Enlightenment/Atheism = Anti-Christian Judaism/Current Year

Attached: 1469840195999.jpg (1680x914, 499K)

+ like-minded retards ITT
Leave and never come back

What? What are you on? Colonialism was not a "new invention" or even a racial awakening like you seem to believe. White came to meant christian in europe as it was being invaded by muslims. Colonialism was a movement against pagans. Natives and meztisos were Spanish subjects under the crown, not slaves. As for the sentiment "people like me are better" well if you think that was invented in the 18th century..well then I don't know what to tell you except you are wrong.

Why brown people not colonized Europe and not invented racism earlier if racism is wrong?

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/17r3o2/racism_in_the_ancient_world/

Most of those posts are agreeing with me! I swear you are a troll right now

I don't have the sources to my hand.
From Athenian laws that regulate slavery you can see that greeks had a special standing at some point in time. A greek is defined there as in general a person being born as a Greek (ethnic). It became forbiden to enslave a fellow Greek no matter where he was from.

Aditional to this being Greek becomes a term of cultural and racial supriotity which was basically already an established view by the conquests done by Alexander. The Greek dynasties put themselves as Superior to their conquered subjects.

that's how racism works genius
i see 10 guys commiting crimes
i notice that all or most of the guys have black skin
i associate black skin with crime
and vou la

>White came to meant christian in europe
Not in Europe.
We have a very differentiate racism.
Your term is for Spain.
In germany we never cared/still care about white. Germanics is where the shit is at.

whites were the ones to JUSTIFY racism with pseudoscience.
that's what I am trying to say.
whites tried to put races in terms of cathegories in a race kind of diferent tiers, like THEY STILL DO TODAY (race realists).

Clearly diferent.

We did the same shit towards each other man

>whites were the ones to JUSTIFY racism with pseudoscience.
"whites"
In the 19th century Racescience was very common. So what people met up with people that where simply primitive to our stand of civilization. So they saw them as lower and tried to explain why they never developed to our greatness.

I literally said scientific racism was invented to justify european colonialism.

Sorry I should have specified southern europe or spain, my mistake
That is because colonialism coincided with the enlightenment. There was no science before. The SENTIMENT the pseudoscience justified is as old as civilization. The Greeks, Romans, Persians, Egyptians, Japanese did it plenty. Grow up and stop blaming white people

And here you are wrong. It was not invented to justify it.
Nietzsche wrote on races without any colonial intentions already.

It was used as justification to establish and legitimize our reign over others. But it was not invented for it. Racism is as old as people are different.

but they still ended up expelling them and they had a blood purity concept

they still use pseudoscience from the XIX century today.

phrenology is used today as justification of racism.

using concepts such as blacks are dumb, or blacks never invented anything or blacks lacked any civilization or history are EUROPEAN INVENTIONS.

Yeah, we used religion :DDDDD

Wrong. Spaniards had a one drop rule for Visigoth lineage to apply for nobility. This excluded every other Iberian peoples and had nothing to do with whiteness, a concept that didn't exist back then. The point of this test was to strengthen the foundation myth of the Visigoth Kingdom and thus legitimize Spanish nobility and the royalty's claims on the entire peninsula.

>the Spanish invented modern pro white racism

but we aren’t wh*Te

Attached: 3ADD3DF9-BCC1-4923-911A-8BCE548EBF12.jpg (229x377, 52K)

>are EUROPEAN INVENTIONS.
Well those are stereotypes that rarely can be disputed in the first place. It happens that Blacks are statistically not as smart as others. They also didn't really invent much. So what people see it and tell it.

Arabs have also such stereotypes.
These are not our inventions but rather our observation.

you said invented, which is a big difference. and i still disagree with you
whether its race religion ethnicity or gender, humans have always compared themselves to others and of course, placing them at top of the food chain.
there were no 'justification' of the colonization, it just happened. europeans accidentially found the americas after the turks blocked the trade to asia. these europeans did not go 'oh these people are brown, lets kill them and take their land' but more like 'these people have very outdated technology and no strong communities, it is easy to conquer their land'
like i mentioned before how racism starts, brown people were associated with out dated technology eventually and then only east asians were safe from colonization

Wait...you mean the whitest spaniards wanted to prove they were distinct from the other, browner races? That is where the term Sangre Azul came from. You are just repeating what I said. This goes back even further than El Cid. It was a response to foreign invasion.

Attached: cid.jpg (1600x1067, 269K)

Not really, they ignore basic history from black people.

A lot of people are not even aware such concepts like black history exist, even among profesional historians.

yeah, except late XIX century colonization was justified on the goal of exporting european civilization to barbarians.

White supremacy came as result of noting the other races lack of modern technology.

The problem was using racial diferences to explain a simple diference in terms of technology.

You can still see that EVEN TODAY when christians send missionaires to teach western culture to indigenous tribes.

No it is not and stop lying. Even non caucasoid races believed pale was better, like in India, Persia, and Japan. Stop blaming white people just because you are 1/8th european or whatever

Snowniggers are the dumbest people in the world, bar none. You can autistically invent technology, but that doesn't mean shit if you get cucked by niggers and turn away from Christ.

Attached: 1519472097875.jpg (1600x1255, 196K)

Europeans did not invent cultural superiority associated with race, STOP LYING

because their ayy lmaos gods had lighter skin retard.

mayans literally worshipped europeans before meeting them.

SCIENTIFIC RACISM IMPLIES SCIENCE WHICH IS A WHITE INVENTION FUCKTARD.

Attached: heil hitler.jpg (953x836, 166K)

>A lot of people are not even aware such concepts like black history exist
Ironically most of Black history we have today was recovered and written by curious whites.

Even the science of racism we are talking about here is a white invention. We talk and fight against racism. We make laws against it. Meanwhile, basically all other countries (Asia, Africa) are just racist without eaver asking it in question. We and our strive to make a better world is in the first place the reason why you learn about racism in a critical way in the first place.

Oh shit bro, I'm totally btfo now

Slavs and Anglos BTFO of you too. Everyone has had a go.

Iberians invented the concept of race, it wasn't whites. So don't blame the whites.

that's because western civilization goal is to destroy itself by destroying any concept that keeps society toghether.

Feminism is already the last step before your civilization dies.

No we didn’t, we just used some autism from our visigothic genes to categorize different mixes and we always called ourselves spaniards anyway. The white meme was coined by anglos.

Castas were the first.

We know that same skin color doesn't mean same race.
Every races are different and each one has clear superiolity and sterotypes.
what's the matter?

I don't see it this pessimistic.
>feminism
Women here in germany very rarely care about feminism ann the extreme form is rather a loud minority. And I don't see them to have a future.

I see racism kinda as nonsense to declare a supriority of oneself. But it is clear that not all groups of people are equally capable. You can't put the chinese way of life on Germany just as you can't put ours on Tansania.

A way bigger as in those stuff you mention I see in Islam.

>way bigger
Way bigger danger*

But the thing about is that secularism and anti-Christianity is rooted in Talmudism. Feminism and faggotry existed before even Rome fell, but the modern push for it is because it is contrary to Christianity.

Attached: a46c7dc7c9a809c4c3022e619fe0f72e05799e64cf4b0ef5dd28497f78093182.png (303x958, 64K)

Attached: satan's race.jpg (1892x1049, 517K)

I got an easy solution to your issue.
Kill yourself.

the general arguments supporting and opposing colonization/imperialism at the time that it happened where that the european people were superior than the uncivilized tribal systems in the colonized places, and therefore have their right to take their land and civilize them
the opposition we read in history was a frenchie that was like "well it was proven by german scientists thta germans are superior to the french, so why would be act superior to the africans and indians"

Attached: 1400356198761.gif (452x523, 4K)

Your latins just want to be Incas and Aztecs again.
Paying their tax in daughters and eating people.

>It was more againts foreigners, there was no concept of race in ancient history.
thats the same thing you dumbass

>as mongols conquered the world they surely would have feelings of racial pride, and those conquered would have racial hatred towards them.

Lol Mongols fucking had relations with locals they conquered you moron. Many peopel ahted their actions but racial hatred aka the nasty shit hat Blacks get tarred with?

Based Jews killing whites.

Different actually.
One was you are a "human in a rags", race is "you are a nigger in a suit". The former is that your ways re lame but you could be like us and be better, the latter was you will NEVER be my equal.

lmao are you claiming there was classs mobility now? Do you honestly think people consider any individual with clearly distinct physical difference their equal?

people back then acepted their social status because of religion, except slaves.

>jesus
>white
You'll be next. Seek Christ, breh.

haha no

Is religion the opiate for the people?

I mean Jews destroying western civilization. And no fuck off. No self respecting latin american is a christian.

>tfw almost every country on earth was colonized by europeans at one point
>tfw only africa turned out bad

What class mobility. I'm saying that with Race no matter what one does they will always be an inferior because of several reasons based off of cultural, biological and other reasonings.

That's how you had "Assimalted" folk still treated like utter shit even if they did the song and dance to gain acceptance into the society of their conquerors or how the civilizing effort was a joke in the eyes of anyone who didn't fall for "white man's burden".

what are you even trying to argue anymore you dumb pajeet, youre just reaffirming that racism is eternal

The example I used was in a colonial context in the old world.

being a Foreigner is different from Race

Yes but being of different race means being incapable of not being a foreigner

>WE WUZ VICTIMS SO ITS OK TO KILL

jewish people a la trotsky invented racism to push anti-white politics*