Star Trek PC edition

Are you ready for the new Star Trek show called Discovery which is more PC than the past shows?

Facts we know from the creator about STD:
>story follows the female lead as she explores the universe learning more about womanhood and the female identity.
>Openly gay character to promote awareness of LGBT right.
>Lead female is non-white
>set 10 years before kirk
>Captain of starship is a Klingon rumored to be african american.
>Doctor will be a male british actor to get the Dr.who audience.
>male trek uniforms are skirts like in the pilot episode to The Next Generation.
>"Far more graphic" there will be far more action their promising than the movies with blood and guts to match since its not airing on tv.
>Only watchable via paid subscription with commericals to fund the ongoing development of the show.
>New ship can bend space and time to travel through history showing the past and the future instead of a boring warp drive.

Show is being tailored for a more mainstream audience and not a sci-fi audience to attract a whole new audience to the Trek Franchise.

*All info from Hollywood reporter interview with series creator Bryan Fuller and Screenjunkies interview.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pz9yam8-wP4
youtube.com/watch?v=2BBOWsWODX4
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Planet_of_the_Titans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Female lead
>Star Trek

Just fuck my show up

no one is going to watch that

So they're claiming the ship can move through Time and relative distance in space?

>only watchable via paid sub
This gonna flop so hard

Star Trek has always been PC as fuck.

Some of that shit would be ok but the time travel ship is fucking retarded. 10 years before Kirk? That fucks up the story line of the movies. Show will last one season and never be heard from again.

>Some of that shit would be ok but the time travel ship is fucking retarded.
People said the same thing about warp drives, but going back in time is essential to show how women led the way in the birth of the federation to the signing of akud but I think I spelled that wrong.
>That fucks up the story line of the movies.
How does it fuck up the story line?

>more Star Trek
fucking whyyyyyyyyy

christ think of something new

>Soon people will be saying this is the worst Trek and not Enterprise
HEHE
BUENO

>paid subscription with commercials

Cant wait for it to die mid season one because no one will go for that shit.

>So they're claiming the ship can move through Time and relative distance in space?
Yes instead of a boring warp drive as they put it, the ship can travel through time and space giving a whole new spin on star trek since it takes place 10 years before kirk to reboot the series.

Hmm, let's see...

"POC" female main character
LGBT friendly
Black Captain
Doctor Who-sequel ship and time travel

Looks like my SJW Tumblerina friend and her ilk will enjoy love it. Will possibly get 10/10 stellar reviews like the new Ghostbusters.

>more fucking prequels
why

>Cant wait for it to die mid season one because no one will go for that shit.
millenials will their saying which is the target audience and the commericals are being offered as a bonus to paid subscribers to expose them to new products so they can explore the world around them like the crew explores the galaxy their saying at CBS.

Only thing that makes me butthurt is the paid sub deal. Other wise it's standard trek senpai. Get over it.

Yeah take me to an average millennial who will pay for commercials.

Only the small faction of Tumblr SJWs will buy it. Trek fans will pirate it. Everyone else who is virtue signaling will say they heard it's really good.

>How does it fuck up the story line?
What is "The Voyage Home"

>female Star Trek lead

She's already down her best feminist work on efukt

>>How does it fuck up the story line?
Its a reboot of star trek to fix the universe to make it more diverse hence taking place 10 years before kirk which is non-cannon now in the prime timeline.

Instead of fixing the universe why not just create a new one or make it 100 years in the future? They already changed the timeline and events of Kirk's life.

It's going to flop so hard I'm going to shill non stop against it. I haven't even watched the new movies or the new star wars. Fuck that shit. Srsly

BECAUSE TREK DIDN'T HAVE AN INTERRACIAL KISS IN THE 60's

AND I'M A TWAT WHO IS BUTTHURT ABOUT IT BEING 2016

>gay character

WHO IS SULU?

>a Klingon rumored to be african american
WHO IS WORF?

Gee! I've never watched Star Trek before

>before kirk
Didn't they already try this, and the trekkies hated it?

Millenials have no money and aren't going to cancel netflix and prime for fucking star trek

>implying Janeway wasn't the best captain after Kirk

>Didn't they already try this, and the trekkies hated it?

It's not the setting that's the problem. It's the shitty writing.

Gee, Wally, let's blow up Vulcan!

Gee, Wally, let's blow up Romulus!

We're all hacks here in NuTrekland, Wally.

bro this interview with 2 female who are going to watch the new Trek show because its featuring the journey of a woman says thats what its all about.
youtube.com/watch?v=pz9yam8-wP4

well, it wasn't any good either.

>It's going to flop so hard I'm going to shill non stop against it.
Its made by the same creator of Hannibal who is promising the new Trek is more of a Hannibal in space which is more graphic. I am not sure what that means as he did not expand on that in his interview.

I would love to see a Star Trek series based entirely around a Klingon D7-class battlecruiser and her crew fighting against the Human led cucked federation.

Fighting, fucking, drinking Romulan ale, blasting Alpha torpedo's into leftist cucks culturaly marxist ships.

That show would be fucking epic!

I agree with your other points but
>>gay character
>WHO IS SULU?
both Gene Roddenberry's son and George Takei have said Sulu was straight

>Gee, Wally, let's blow up Vulcan!
>Gee, Wally, let's blow up Romulus!

Gee, Wally, let's put a smug asshat who brags in public about not respecting or liking Trek in charge of the franchise so he can make a Trek that's even worse than Lucas' Nu-StarWars prequels in order to get his grubby paws on StarWars.

HOLLYWOOD MERITOCRACY!

>Only watchable via paid subscription with commericals to fund the ongoing development of the show.
It's dead, Jim.

>both Gene Roddenberry's son and George Takei have said Sulu was straight

Roddenberry wanted gay characters in Trek and Rick "family values" Berman prevented it.

checkmate

In the future they cured the genetic mental defect of homosexuality.

>In the future they cured the genetic mental defect of homosexuality
But the future has the Ferengi.

Yeah, great pearl of wisdom there.

Go polish Nog's knob.

Bryan Fuller has hinted that the main lead whose journey we follow as she discovers herself as a woman may be Angela Basset but nothing is confirmed in casting yet but he did mention she would make an excellent lead since she is non-white.

Janeway wasn't bad.

>Its made by the same creator of Hannibal who is promising the new Trek is more of a Hannibal in space which is more graphic. I am not sure what that means as he did not expand on that in his interview.

sounds like it will be pure shit

typical of Hollywood

everything is "action" now

>Janeway wasn't bad.

She was dull as dishwater except when she fought the Borg. Then she was slightly less dull.

Chakotay was worse.

Seven would have made a better captain. I would have killed Janeway or stranded her and had Seven take over, with the Doctor as first officer.

>sounds like it will be pure shit
Well with it not being aired on TV the creator says they can be "far more graphic" not sure why your saying it would be shit when he is promising to make the show more action packed than the movies and more blood guts and gore than walking dead.

>Star Trek Discovery
>STD

Oh deer lord that name.

Sisko was the best captain. Dude loved the Federation so much he was willing to throw all his morals out of the window just to bring the Romulans into the Dominion War.

The entire Federation (and Klingon Empire) only continued to exist because of Sisko. Not even Kirk would would have gone as far as Sisko did.

>New ship can bend space and time to travel through history showing the past and the future
more like rewrite history and brainwash the young.

Agreed, it sounds godawful.

This is also how they ruined the new Hawaii Five-O. It's not like the old show at all, it's too much action and just not as good as the 70s version.

I watch a lot of old TV shows and virtually all of the remakes of old shows have been fucking terrible. They made a new Ironside and it had a black lead. It fucking sucked.

Could you imagine if they tried to remake Hogan's Heroes as a serious, action packed TV show? It would be one of the worst shows of all time.

This. Did NO ONE think of that around the executive's table?

.Show creator has also mentioned being in talks with May Jeneson who was brave enough to be the first black female astronaut to be the Lieutenant commander due to how courageous she is.

>STD

>Just fuck my show up
remember to use condoms

>more like rewrite history and brainwash the young.
well its rebooting the star trek universe so that kind of is the point to update the universe to be more mainstream and less scifi.

>New ship can bend space and time to travel through history showing the past and the future

Discovering all the white mans oppression through time.

>when he is promising to make the show more action packed than the movies and more blood guts and gore than walking dead.

That isn't Trek, dude.

>he was willing to throw all his morals out of the window

I guess you missed Archer's passionate brow-beating lecture of Trip in favor of slavery — mainly because he liked joyriding with his high-tech slaver friend

Other facts we know:
>set in a gritty atmosphere in a dystopian universe that is dark to add more of a fear element.

>set 10 years before kirk
>New ship can bend space and time to travel through history showing the past and the future instead of a boring warp drive.
What?
If so, what does it matter that it's a decade before Kirk? Making prequels in Star Trek only serves to point out how anachronistic the timeline has got, in regards to how goofy everything looked in the 60s show.
It only serves to make all four shows that came after it make less sense if they have this technology and don't use it. I mean, the "slingshot around the sun" thing was fucking stupid too but at least I'm pretty sure they established that it was kind of illegal to do it.
I guess the idea is going to be that they'll be sort of "lost in time" or something? I mean, surely it can't go back to its original time. If it was never mentioned in the subsequent series, it must mean the ship just disappeared and Starfleet assumed it destroyed itself or something.

Also, damn is the ship ugly. This wasn't the finished design but if they showed it off, it's got to be somewhere in this direction.

>TOS
>TAS
>TNG
>DS9
>VOY
>ENT
This new show is abbreviated to DSC. None of the other shows are abbreviated to include "ST".

>more mainstream and less scifi

Star Trek was a huge success in syndication because it was Star Trek not NuTrek.

Star Trek Next Gen has been constantly on cable since the 80s. In fact, BBC America is basically the Next Generation channel.

And you're here to tell us that Star Trek, as Star Trek, has no audience?

Right.

Will they call us racist and sexist when it gets horrible reviews like the new Ghostbusters movie?

Not liking and critiquing something is now considered "hate speech".

>An entire show based on Star Trek time travel cliches.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Time travel is THE MOST overdone shit in Star Trek. Everyone is tired of that.

Time travel is fucking stupid.

Is this going to be like the Star Trek version of Quantum Leap?

Is the USS Discovery going to travel back in time to make sure Jimmy The Retard isn't bullied at school in 1975?

I'm all about a Star Trek show taking place during the Klingon Wars before TOS.

But this sounds fucking dumb.

>I guess the idea is going to be that they'll be sort of "lost in time" or something
they are not lost in time, this is a reboot of the trekverse to fix the prime timeline.

The real reason Star Trek hasn't been Star Trek for a long time is because Gene Roddenberry is dead and the soulless vampires who run networks don't give a tin shit about his vision.

So they denigrate the fanbase, as if Trek hasn't been a hugely popular and profitable franchise and replace Trek with NuTrek action garbage.

Everything on the "sci-fi" channel is mindless action garbage, too, like Dark Matter.

>Time travel is fucking stupid.
so dr.who is stupid? keep in mind this new Trek will have a british male doctor to attract the british dr who audience who will watch the show since it has someone british on it.

>Captain of starship is a Klingon rumored to be african american.
Better fucking not be. That just shits on the timeline entirely.

If all of this is true I hope it crashes and burns... Also quit going back in time in Star Trek you fucking retards. Go forward.

>so dr.who is stupid?

Yes. Dr. Who is a crap show compared to the best of Star Trek

>So they denigrate the fanbase, as if Trek hasn't been a hugely popular and profitable franchise and replace Trek with NuTrek action garbage.
Its not a sci-fi show, the point is to expand the audience to be more mainstream.

So it's a second reboot set in a different universe to the first reboot?

>mfw

>Its not a sci-fi show

Then it's not Star Trek.

Worf is in tng, which is 100 years after tos, the Klingons were hostile to the federation until about 20 years before tng

>more mainstream

More mainstream?

Tell me how many TV shows have had more reruns than Star Trek Next Generation.

It's not about being mainstream. It's about being written, produced, and directed by hacks.

looks like a klingon cruiser/federation ship hybrid

>Worf is in tng, which is 100 years after tos, the Klingons were hostile to the federation until about 20 years before tng
Black actor, dude. That was the point. OP was trying to pretend that having a black Klingon is some sort of new thing.

Star Trek is a vehicle for political philosophy. The structure of federation culture, law, and ethics is not communist or capitalist, not democratic or republic. The society we see has an open economic ladder, and it is based upon actualizing meaning and purpose. It is not utopian, but rather a meritocratic utilitarianism with a justice system using due process and a civil order founded upon individual freedom.

Free expression, self defense, and economic liberty are basic to the civilization. It is ecumenical and embraces principles from alien societies that are compatible, but it is not Blue Pilled. The federation is basically a civic nationalism projected into space.

The reason the civilization works is that people have actualized purpose. Access to education and opportunity has been rendered largely universal, not only because of a post scarcity economy, but also because the prime resource is individual human beings.

The point of society in Roddenberry's philosophy is the total development of every person. Exploration is essential to this model, but the purpose is obviously the refinement and improvement of each person... Not on a ship, or in Starfleet, but on every world.

Life is an adventure, and everybody can get involved.

We can build this, but we need to jack off less, listen more, and stop saying no when we could say yes.

>inb4 degeneracy and other gay whining complainer shit

It's basically the space 1950s, but nobody is considered inferior by race or ethnicity because a unified earth probes the galaxy instead of arguing over retarded bullshit.

The only way time travel isn't stupid is if it's handled like The Men Who Murdered Mohammed.

In that short story a man discovers how to time travel - so he goes back and kills Hitler.

But when he travels back to his present time, everything is the same.

So he desperately tries to go back in time and do ever more audacious things right up to killing Mohammed.

But it doesn't change anything.

Then he meets an entire group of time travelers who have been doing this for ages and have come to the conclusion that you can travel back in time and do whatever the fuck you want but it doesn't fucking matter in the slightest because the timeline isn't changed.

It would be neat if the USS Discovery traveled back in time to witness past events - but had zero ability to influence them.

So like. Maybe a Klingon blood feud could be stopped in the present by travelling back in time and witnessing how it began. Not fucking with the past. But observing the past to fuck with the present.

But I don't want cliche Star Trek time travel where dipshits actually travel back in time and change the timeline. Cause if that were possible the Romulans would have already gone back in time and become the dominant race in the entire universe.

>only watchable via paid subscription

Yeah that's getting canceled.

i'ts not going to be on TV so i don't give a shit

I'd watch it but I ain't going to pay for it

>only watchable via paid subscription
>Yeah that's getting canceled.
Most shows are like that today senpai

>The new Star Trek that is subscription only will be made by the guy who did the prequel to Silence of the Lambs in which Hannibal Lecter is revealed to be a dark vigilante schooled in the arts of bushido and started eating flesh as revenge for how his japanese aunt he had a borderline incestual relationship with was cannibalized by eastern europeans. She was also the one that taught him the arts of bushido.

Wait for real?

How stupid are these fucking goys?

I'm still waiting for the Starship Troopers tv series, hopefully it isn't directed by some SJW

>not only because of a post scarcity economy

Its definitely the post scarcity economy. The Federation was far more dystopian than utopian in TOS, before they had cooked up all the post scarcity economy nonsense. It was not racist, but it was still sexist.

>you can travel back in time and do whatever the fuck you want but it doesn't fucking matter in the slightest because the timeline isn't changed.

That's stupid and is a direct rip-off of the Twilight Zone.

Why is it that everyone is a hack now? All they do is bad time travel ripoffs and blow up planets as if that's dramatic?

>How stupid are these fucking goys?
To help promote Big Bang theory its rumored there will be crossovers between the shows which both air on CBS and are popular among millenials.

My biggest issue with what I've heard about this new show is that it seems, at least from how they've been promoting it, massively focused on identity politics, when in the 60s show, The Federation was apparently pretty enlightened, like identity politics was pretty much extinguished from their culture:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BBOWsWODX4

Also as I said before, I dislike the notion of prequels in the Star Trek universe. The show had pretty great continuity up until Enterprise, which was set way before the original show and yet everything looked way more advanced than the rickety wooden sets of the 60s. It just fucks everything up. And then shit went full-retard in the nu-Trek movies.

Star trek is one of the original PC shows so I don't see this kinda thing as anything new
Gene Roddenberry was a super liberal who encouraged race mixing when it was still illegal in some states ffs

The ship combat in the Star Trek MMO was a good adaption of the classic tabletop and Starfleet Command games.

>it was still sexist

Only because of CBS executives who hated his decision to put women in pants and have a non-sexist no-nonsense female first officer.

See the TOS pilot.

>sexist

4th officer in the command chain was a woman

>post scarcity

Faggots bring this up to try and use it to shit on the political model. This was not necessary and is not now. Abundance will do it. Probably need to start by colonizing our own system, bringing vast wealth under human control.

And then not turn all that wealth over to five satanists that run the global banking system.

This can't be canon. They cure gayness in the future.

Like all trek shows its promoting diversity insuring all high ranking officers from Admiral to Captain and LT commander are female and minorities, is klingon count as minority since a klingon is captain for the federation?

Also Fuller has said that the openly gay character must be played by an openly gay actor to bring authenticity to the role about the struggles in the LGBT community.

Who gives a shit about this fucking virgin training video.

Nothing is worse than pathetic beta white star trek fags.

This

They had one identity: federation citizens.

The Men Who Murdered Mohammed was written by Alfred Bester in 1958 you twat.

So apparently the Twilight Zone episode you remember was ripped off from an Alfred Bester short story.

There's no such thing as race mixing.

You are a primitive and will probably die in either the Eugenics wars (CRISPR9) or WWIII.

What?

She pretty much left the Delta quadrant a smoking ruin.

Regardless, it's a stupid plot that pretends that time isn't linear.

The only way it would work is if going back puts a person into a different time track. But, the result would still not work because the different time track would still have the repercussions of the decisions that have been changed.

it's a shit-tier time travel idea.

Im saying its not likely that a Klingon would be in Starfleet given they were killing each other at the time

>4th officer in the command chain was a woman
In the pilot, which is canon, the second officer was a woman. The network nixed that in the show proper.

Seems to be a few parallels to a movie that never was.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Planet_of_the_Titans

>Also Fuller has said that the openly gay character must be played by an openly gay actor

That's a good idea. Straight actors like on Will & Grace have a history of not doing a good job at all with authenticity. Stuttering, talking fast, and acting like a twit was his idea of acting like a gay man. It was irritating and the show was really a straight couple doesn't have sex show with Lenny (Karen) and Squiggy (Jack) thrown in. Laverne & Shirley made more straight.

But, it can go awry by choosing a camp flamboyant gay guy — as if they're all like that.

>Im saying its not likely that a Klingon would be in Starfleet given they were killing each other at the time
You had gay and Jewish Nazis. If you can have that you can have anything.

>Im saying its not likely that a Klingon would be in Starfleet given they were killing each other at the time
Its a reboot of the trek series bro hence why the ship even mirrors kling design but is a starfleet ship, this may explain why the ship can travel through time and space because the klingons are more advanced due to their scientific expertise as a race.