Tfw you realize this was supposed to be Cedric Diggory before he became Cedric Diggory

>tfw you realize this was supposed to be Cedric Diggory before he became Cedric Diggory

no.

>disgusting HP plebs
Someone post the pasta

Why is it that after the drone from Sup Forums started posting on Sup Forums again these threads are also being spammed again?

3rd movie?
I fucking hate the lelsodarkandmoody direction they went after the 2nd film.

It was in the books, but the people who made the movies never paid any attention to would-be important plot points.

It made sense if you grew up with the books and movies, being around the same age as the characters.

Where's that guy who always posts the thing about harry potter being shit.

it was done on purpose to disillusion the youth

Sure, it's one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy Arnold having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance

Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before

>a-and now you swear you can taste the sweat
"No!"
That's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you.

Smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty. The beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it

The casting for the HP movies were a fucking mess. A competent director would have hired a Dumbledore that could live 10 more years and cast a real actor to be Cedric Diggory before Goblet of Fire.

jk rowling said it herself that it was supposed to take on a much darker tone you dingus, it was all planned from the fucking start. you expect Voldemort to come back and keep the themes of the first and second film? lol nah bitch k thx byeee

The director of the third movie knew literally nothing about the series.

The Dumbledore transitions were perfect.
Sweet Old faggot for the first two optimistically tuned adventure type movies juxtaposed to a stern but kindhearted Dumbledore for everything after part 3 he especially shines in the half blood prince

Why couldn't you cast it?

>stern but kindhearted
more like violent caged animal in the fourth movie, literally shoving Harry screaming at him

>Shut up you French tart

Almost didn't believe it was Dumbledore saying that

I'll level with you I haven't seen Goblet of Fire in over 10 years. Why was he a dick again?

That's how he earned the name Dumbledore.

>Judging a character by one scene
The first actor didn't have much emotion to him. I think he would have done really shit in the later movies

He had a sweet grandfather type presence although I admit not everyone has the same frame of reference that I do.

Later on he was a stern mentor.

Someone made Harry enter that tournament whilst he wasn't allowed to. So Dumbledore got all pissed because they believed he cheated the system and entered the competition by himself.

So he grabbed Harry, shoved him against a wall and went all HARRY! DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE!?

As opposed to the kind soft-spoken old man who would've told Harry that everything would be fine and would've given him a stern doubtful look at best.

Is this why it's the best?

First three films were still the best ones, all went to shit afterwards though.

>Told him that everything would be fine
Wow. It's amazing that I share a board with literal retards, like yourself.

That tournament was deadly as fuck I suppose he was angry that Harry would be so reckless considering but I sincerely don't remember ever thinking he crossed the line. I remember he was very distant in "The Order of the Phoenix" but it made sense given the later context.

damn this spicy. is it new?

It's the one that objectively holds up most as a standalone movie, sadly Harry Potter is a series and should be treated as such. Ever tried to watch all 8 movies in a row? It shows how uneven and separate visions each director had, they drop important plot points and obviously have different interpretations of the characters. It sort of worked that the movies got darker, but it wasn't really all that gradual it just sort of got BOOM DARKER in Azkaban and kept being dark for the rest of the series, whereas a more gradual transition would have been preferable.

In the books he's worried about Harry but he believes that he didn't willingly participate. Book Dumbledore is always two steps ahead everyone else, movie Dumbledore not so much.

Euphemisms dear fellow retard, he would've been worried instead of choking him

no lie if you rate an adaption based on how close it is to the original material you are the definition of pleb

I always thought the ''Boom Darker'' transition took place in Goblet of Fire instead of Prisoner of Azkaban. The fourth film was more of a transition to the darker films instead of the third one, which felt like an enhanced version of the first two films.

[Spoiler]I never read the books[Spoiler]
And I would never admit to enjoying the films publicly even though I find them entertaining. I'm particularly fond of the female characters in it. Namely [Spoiler] Luna Lovegood.[Spoiler] I went to Universal Studios about two weeks ago and bought a "Slytherin" Beer Stein, the cashier was about my age and I was with two younger kids so he asked "OHHHH Who's the Slytherin here?!". The two kids I was with have zero interest in Harry Potter so I slowly raised my hand and said "me". He high-fived me and I walked out feeling so dirty and ashamed of myself. The kids I was with commented on the awkwardness of the situation.

fuck why did I capitalize my S?

Firstly, learn English. Secondly, he was concerned and needed to know the truth. Then, you suggested that he pat Harry of the back and say "There, there. You will just probably die. It'll be fine."

He doesn't fucking suck his dick, he's just composed like Dumbledore is. He's santa grand daddy, don't get me wrong he's really powerful and can be menacing in the books too, but he never aims it towards people he cares about.

>Takes two random kids to Universal Studios

Why did you bring two kids with you?

One among many problems with the movies is that they kept casting bit parts without realizing, "Oops, we're going to need these characters later on," because they didn't fucking wait until the books were finished.

But not even that, they dicked around with this shit even knowing full well what was coming in advance. I'm pretty sure we had Goblet of Fire at the same time the first movie came out, and by the time Order of the Phoenix was out we already had the final book, and yet they omitted the damn mirror, just to wedge it into the final movies anyway as if they were always there.

Fuck the film writers, producers, and directors.

Grow up

And forget the /

Damn, are you that much of an autist that you have to take every single phrase so literally?

Fucking this, I wonder what the fuck movie fans thought about the mirror. Did they even question it or just assume it was magic *snort*?

Nah they were my nephews they're my "normality" shield or something I take them with me to places I want to check out like Disney movies, theme parks, restaurants (Chuck E Cheese, John's Incredible Pizza etc.)
Also we have a lot in common so it's fun.

no / required brah just lower case "s" on both tags.

>look at what the book did
You get the same response as the Spider-Man spergs, then. the source material is shit

But Disney and Harry Potter is normal to like if you're in your 20s.

Wait so the mirror that Draco is fucking around with in The Half Blood prince?

I'd say the one who inconsistently changes the nature of a character all over the goddamn place is the one that is shit.

He's consistent within the movie

Pretty good strategy, I'd be too scared to go to those kind of places on my own. Otherwise they might think of you as a weirdo, creep or pedo while those places are just very enjoyable.

Sure if you have peter pan syndrome. Which I suspect you do based on your hilarious post.

The mirror is the piece of glass that Harry uses in the last movie and sees Aberforth. It's from a mirror he gets from Sirius at the end of the third book and then breaks in anguish over Sirius death in the fifth book.

It's a sequel, not a standalone movie. How would you feel if Han was gay all of a sudden in Jedi?

No but you clearly are

He realizes that Harry, being an incurious and shit tier magic student, doesn't know or have the ability to perform any magic that could trick the Goblet.

>knowing about the older meme and not the new one
>this makes him new

Well, everyone else assumes he does, even Ron.

I'd feel good about it. While lemon scented pussies circa the early 2000s probably autistically screamed about Dumbledore being sightly different in each one, it benefited the series in retrospect. Every person has a different favorite movie.

I'm 28 man I understand how not "normal" it is to be into Harry Potter as a 28 year old man with a mortgage and college degree.
Exactly. I especially need them in order to hang out at JIPC.
Welp I guess I'm going to read the books finally.

ron is stupid to think that. he KNOWS the EXACT life harry lives and harry would never be able to read or practice magic for most of the year, but nah. all of a sudden harry is a pro in rons eyes

Yeah but Harry gets help all the time he's a fucking catalyst in the first few books.

>Welp I guess I'm going to read the books finally.
You probably won't like them, at least not the first couple of books. Goblet is where the books get good in my opinion, while I like all of them.

Yeah I tried reading the first one a couple years back. You're probably right. Did you check out The Cursed Child?

I've got the manuscript on my shelf but I cannot bring myself to read it after hearing what happens. It sounds so very retarded

Albus and Scorpius are interesting characters. The plot however is retarded.

>Albus is a Slytherin.
>Buddies with Scorpius.
Sounds great to me the only way they can make it any better for me is if Snape is in it.

Ron is a 14 year old at the time and is very aware that he is a poor farm boy who hangs with one of the most popular boys. His jealousy is a huge part of his character arc.

He's not stupid for thinking Harry was able to get into the Goblet, he's genuinely hurt his friend once again is in the public eye and thinking irrationally. I know Sup Forums is a bunch of shut ins that don't deal with emotions often but damn

Hey does Ginny even exist in the early books? I recall thinking how silly it was that she is just present in the films with little to no dialog.

I think she did, Ginny definitely was part of the second book. Not sure about the first book though. She does appear as an extra in the first film though with the Weasleys at Platform 9 3/4

>Ginny definitely was part of the second book
Well yeah, she's the one Tom's mind controlling to command the basilisk and write creepy messages with the blood of chickens she's strangled. Book 2 is kind of the only book where she's really relevant.
She kind of changes personalities every time she shows up after that.