So school's starting up again

So school's starting up again

is your degree redpilled? Is your university/college leftist? Are student politics at your school a disaster?

commiserate and discuss ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

cornellsun.com/2016/08/26/university-proposes-renaming-cornell-plantations-the-botanic-gardens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I went to that particular liberal hell hole in op pic!

I'd say my school has turned into fucking chinatown except for how many poos there are.

THANKS JEWS

If you go to college today and get a 4yr degree in anything thats not an engineering degree (CS and EE NOT INCLUDED) or a hard science degree such as math/chemistry, you are a fucking moron.

A college degree no longer ='s a good job. I have no college and every job i've had "required a 4year degree". Employers used to use degrees as a way to prove the person wasn't stupid but thats over. Just convey to the company that you are smart and got what it takes and you got the job. If you need a $40,000 piece of paper to show that, you are a retard hahah.

ole miss is leftist? damn would have thought otherwise

Considering my $40k piece of paper now costs $160k, do you think I should sell it? It will really be worth jack shit after the HAPPENING, so I don't want to be stuck trying to sell after the market crashes.

Marketing degree fag in a local community college, will graduate next year. Currently working in a big company that has a marketing department, I'm barely getting to know them and stuff for the future.

>be 23
>taking some basic General Ed courses
>a majority of my classmates are recent HS grads
>everyone plays videogames and love Netflix
>everyone is always eating and drinking protein shakes or sugary drinks in class
>everyone takes a picture of the homework posted on the board, it's usually like a basic sentence of homework and these assholes take a picture of it
>transgender restrooms in full effect, even though i never met a tranny there or whatever they are

Shit sucks senpai, can't wait to leave, at least my professors are cool and i feel like I'm actually learning some shit

>CS not included

Oh boy, this meme again. If you don't get a good job with a CS degree it's your fault.

>go to decent school
>get internships every summer
>get full time offer from one of those companies you interned for at the beginning of your senior year
>...happily ever after

It's easy as OP's mom, you guys probably are complete autists who can't work with other people or something

>Making 120k 3 years out of a top 10 CS school
Okay man, whatever you say.

Moving in on September 18th going for a pleb tier businesses CIS degree cause I'm shit at math. College is left leaning as one of the things they are proudest of is having diversity. Some people in my orientation were red pilled though, that was good.

My school recently changed the name of its large biodiverse park from Cornell Plantations to Cornell Botanical Gardens after nignogs got triggered.

cornellsun.com/2016/08/26/university-proposes-renaming-cornell-plantations-the-botanic-gardens/

The faculty and school are. The white frat kids are totally red voters. Hit or miss with the sororities. The school gets its panties in a wad because they feel like they have "white guilt" and have to spoon feed the nigs. It's a battleground but the lobs are actually fighting there. The avg joes of the frat guys laugh and call them niggers then get in trouble.

>Finance
Id say its redpilled
>community college
Yeah its got liberals but we also have a lot of veterans, myself included. We usually participate the most in class. I also never stood for feminist bullshit in class, I always had something to say. I couldnt give a fuck if it gets me no friends. I dont want to be friends with these faggots.

>student politics
Since its community college its practically non-existant. But whatever there is its of course liberal. I just ignore that shit, its fucking community college.

How fucking lame

I work at Wendy's and I make 130k a year
fuck off with your meme degrees lol

>tfw sophomore
>tfw can't decide finance or comp sci
Uni is top ten in both, what do?

The one you like better.

You can succeed in either but only if you actually like the material. Plenty of people in my CS program when I was in school who has no passion for it other than the money and they had to drop out.

University of California, Irvine CS Major
Top school for CS
Degree red pilled? Yes
College leftist? Yup, but there are a few republicans. I think Milo even came to speak here for the republican club

Computer Science

Good. With those little shits back in school Ill be able to go places before summer is up without everywhere being packed

compsci and you'll be a sub beta fag making however much money your alpha boss gives you, finance and you'll outgrow your assburgers and learn to take advantage of dumbfucks and make real money.

How much harder will CS be? I'm willing to put in the work, but part of me feels like I'm psyching myself out over CS and I feel like it's going to fuck me in the ass. If I could handle an engineering curriculum will this be fine?

Also, I'm interested in both which is why I'm having such a hard time deciding.

hmmmmm

That's fine and dandy. But so you have a 10 in fuck?

>mfw art major

>History

I have already given up on life.

Be a badass and double-major. Then if you discover one of them isn't working out for you drop that major.

Graduated with a BS in electrical engineering from Virginia Tech in 2010. Yes, I was there for Cho. I don't remember one second of SJW nonsense in the actual courses. I took one world history course taught by the most memorable professor. His whole textbook was written like a comic book and the hero was him, the "Plaid Avenger." He would dress up in a plaid mask and go downtown to the bars on weekends and talk about world history and politics with the students. The textbook literally had a page where you match up a sexy whore to which country they came from. It was a class with 400+ people in a massive lecture hall and was still discussion based without being a waste.

Nursing major here

How do you go to school? Just walk in?

That guy sounds awesome.

Haha. I work with a history major.

At target.

He's 30

I really can't double major, like my schedule just wouldn't allow it.

This, CS is an excellent degree if you put in effort outside of school. I'm finishing up a software engineering internship with a F50 company as a 19 year old and they basically told me if I wanted a job with them I've got it. They also payed me > $30/hr in an area with a low COL.

If you graduate with a CS degree from even a semi-respectable university and don't have a job lined up, it's probably because you're lazy or you have severe autism.

hey at least it's interesting.

Physics major and chem minor
Most of the students are pretty chill but the ones actually interested in student politics are absolute wanks

What school?

fuck you, i wanted to go there so badly, was my only choice. Got waitlisted and didn't get the cut.

Wanted to be CS major too :(

Yep.

Didn't even go to a top 10 or even 25 school for it but it worked out just fine.

Computer Science is one of the easiest departments of engineering. I consistently had a worklord lower than all of my other non-cs engineer friends.

>mfw pile driver operator
>mfw school was just an apprenticeship that ended up paying me to attend over a 6 month period
>mfw $35/hour starting with the potential to make up to $65/hour as an employee, or more as a private contractor
>mfw excellent benefits package
>mfw cucks are wasting years of their lives in lib schools learning bs to get shit jobs whilst I have actual practical skills that are in demand, lately I've been working 3 hours over time a day (over $50/hour) to help meet up with the demand
>mfw made a 50% down payment on my home last fall, am restoring a vintage car and travel twice a year at 25

>and now im going to the only other UC school that accepted me:

UC Santa Cruz

Am I seriously the only Sup Forums/8ch that goes there?

He went to Pitt. He got a min wage job while he looked around for better work but the opertunity never came

Our president is a racist alcoholic Trump supporter

Double Majoring in International Studies and Geography and a minor in German. Joined a Frat, play for the Rugby team. Its a good life senpai. In about an hour or so going to go have some fun with friends. Stay safe lads.

Physics.
Cal state Long Beach.
Fucking liberal hell hole.
qt's everywhere though.

Every class is only as good as the professor and this was the best class I took in college hands down. We had a test where we matched up huge maps of the earth with traditional dress, a picture of the leader at the time, the natural resources there, and some major corporations most involved. We had a tick tac toe board at the beginning of the semester where we got 2 week to pick the 9 world leaders most likely to die. If 3 in a row died during the class, everyone got an A.

Body-Positive Interperative Dance with Basket Weaving

tech school in the south
zero politics everyone is a chink or a redneck
girls are the most entitled bitches on the planet because majority male, so I guess thats the downside

Should've went to a community college then transferred in. I know california community colleges have a program with UCI called TAG where if you get a 3.5 GPA with all your requirements done, you are automatically accepted.

What a fucking retarded school curriculum. Your school is nothing more than a highschool2.0

FAU, Double majoring in Finance and MIS, in financial analyst program.

Nobody talks about politics. You go to class, then you go home as it should be.

I work as a recruiter for Microsoft in Redmond. Mainly work with xbox managers. No one gives a fuck about your degree unless its from an ivy league school. If you just graduated from a state school, it would be better to not go to school and just learn on your own. It shows self determination and being a self starter. You spent 40,000 to learn a skill that you could have learned on your own. That means you are a fucking chump.

>microshit

And here is the classic fallacy: that only fortune 50 companies are worth working for.

I went to a slightly above average CS school and got a $90k starting job for a mid sized company that I truly enjoyed (and still enjoy) working at. And holy hell Microsoft would be the second to last company I would ever work for (Amazon being number one). That's not out of bitterness, that's out of having interned there and it being utter shit. Didn't even apply for a full-time job I hated it so much.