So why is reddit and memey "reddit"?

So why is reddit and memey "reddit"?

Hard mode: do not post the "why rick and morty is reddit" picture

bump

>reddit and memey
it's reddit pandering garbage

y

as far as i see the show just steals couple years old memes for new episodes

theyre trying to commercialize internet and thats pathetic & uncreative as fuck to me

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty

owo what's this

>can't answer the question without posting a pasta

Because Reddit loves it. Why they love it doesn't really matter.

Yeah but they love hating racism, so...

I voted Clinton in both the primary and the election, solely to spite Reddit and their love of Sanders & Trump.

anything that perpetuates smugness and superiority through mindless consumerism is reddit, especially if it involves diversity or Bill Nye tier "feelings science."

Chuck=Morty
Sneed=Rick
There explained hope you stop posting this cartoon

I've watched a couple of episodes, so far these are the Reddit-tier shit I've witnessed.

>le God isn't real Morty
>love is but a chemical inside your brain Morty
>your grandpa is a literal cuck who enjoys watching his wife get fucked by a black dude Morty

I wish I made up that last one.
If you can ignore all the gay shit it's an alright show. Definitely not worthy of all the attention, though.

The creator of the show is reddit the human being

I Fucking Love Science

>hard mode: don't post an explanation
lmao people who defend rick and morty are so retarded

more like the human bean bag

/thread

genuinely good pasta

So random reference based comedy
Nihilistic philosophy
Surface level sci-fi jokes
Shitty catchphrases
Quips
Dan Harmon is the most unlikable fucker in existence
It has quite literally the worst fanbase ever

Initially because it was popular. Then because of out of context shit like Rick making anti God jokes, while ignoring that he's clearly shown to be either a massive hypocrite or just doing it to annoy people.
The label is becoming more and more appropriate now, due to their drifting from the core concept and trying to hamfistedly put in running themes and plots.
The problem with this is that it does so in an amnesiac way, and forgets that the material they're currently covering has already been done so in far better ways than before. The psychologist is a prime example of how this can harm the show, since nothing she said hasn't already been covered by Morty or Jerry in a far more concise way. This comes at the cost of making actual jokes, so it relies more and more on lolrandumb humour, which it already had a problem with.
It also has the nasty habit of saying science and logic is awesome, but not actually having anything to do with science outside the results, which everyone with a brain can agree is pretty sweet.

So as a TL;DR, it's trying to do what American Dad did and South Park did, but without putting the effort in, and failing to have proper payoffs.

It's a good show, really fun and combines a warm family cartoon dynamic with space exploration wacky sci fi really well.

My only problem with the show and its fanbase is that I think some people think the show is more intelligent than it is, or that somehow the viewership is incredibly intelligent, which was especially the case a year or two ago.

Nihilism and existentialism are cool themes to explore, but they don't suddenly make you a 2dp4me genius

Why do people let themselves get that fat? It has to be indicative of a malformed personality.

Fat people are used to unhealthy diets consisting of processed foods, sweets, fast food, etc. When they try eating healthy, many of them don't even know where to start, and many of the ones that do experience discomfort and cravings because they are addicted to unhealthy food and are going through withdrawal just like any other drug.

Basically they are addicted to the taste of high calorie food, but because they don't know it's an addiction they mistakenly think the withdrawal symptons they go through after quitting will last forever.

That amount of gut would have taken years to develop. Why not stop and alter your diet when things initially start going south?

Fuck if I know.
I know fat people who could just eat less and better, but they love their shit food too much.

Beetus blood is literally acidic.
It's a completely armchair theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get minor brain damage as a result

source please