It wasn't that bad

It wasn't that bad

glad you decided to make a new thread to tell us instead of posting in the other ten threads currently up, you shite

Let me put it this way - I'm a huge piece of shit when it comes to sperging out over Death Note. I read the manga, scanlated and official. I watched the anime, subbed and dubbed. The movies, subbed and dubbed where possible. I read the novel. Played all three games. Watched the TV drama. I went in with high hopes for this - the TV drama was so good because it changed so much needless shit, so maybe this could be good as well.

It's the worst piece of media in the entire franchise. Don't bother with it.

Any summaries of the plot? I want to know which direction they story took without having to sit through the whole thing.

Most people would say that this film was made by a person who never watched the anime, but I disagree. This movie is written exactly I imagine some edgy Gothic teenage writing his fanfic of what his life would be if he got the book.

There were death note video games?
How would that even work

>phenomenal cinematography and visual motifs

>killer synth soundtrack

>Great acting all round

Up there with BvS in terms of being misunderstood by critics.

I will watch this tonight. Nothing makes my dick harder than mad anime kids. Same with Ghost in the Shell, which was pretty good.

Misa is Kira. Light is Misa. L is an angry nigger.

This is just bad writing my dude.

this

I liked Ghost in the Shell, but this was dumb

I agree. Amir from Collegehumor was great in this.

It was ok.

First was Kira Game. It plays akin to mafia. You're on the Kira investigation team and you play the role of either L or Kira. L wants to pin suspicion on Kira so the others will vote to arrest him. Kira wants to build up rapport with others to get some hints as to who L is. Every turn, L can surveil one person to see if they're innocent, Kira can kill one person at the cost of half of his points used for speaking if they aren't L.

Second game is L's Successors. Sone dumb board game. Third is an L-centric VN/adventure game. All on DS.

How did Light get Watari's name?
In fact, should Light have even known his face?

Margaret Qualley can't act.

It was worse.

The pacing in this thing was awful

Light just wrote Watari and it worked.

Thats fucking stupid.

>Needless shit

Don't you mean Sneedless?

BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Seriously though, fuck women.

>The power of love - air supply starts playing
we want the GotG public

>dude let's make a movie out of this cartoon made for children
>but leave out the witty and interesting parts and replace them with retarded shit that makes no sense

what did they mean by this?

>hmm deathnote movie huh?
>turn it on
>cringe during the 40 year old screenwriters idea of "bullying"
>have to turn it off less than 5 minutes in
I love scholck but I have no idea how you guys watch stuff like this and then actually call it even watchable.

Any cute qualley scenes? Panties preferred over nudity

rude post

you are a fukin pleb

t. incel

lmao'ing at your life

there is a better version of this in the first ep of the leftovers AND she takes off her pants later.

so its true deathnote has literally nothing going for it

weebs on damage control

True, it was at least laughably bad.

>>killer synth soundtrack
hahahaHAAHAAHAHAHA

>.00000000000001 cents has been deposited

at least it can't be worse than the cartoon/anime

It wasn't bad at all. This film reminded me of Horns.

Agreed.

are we witnessing the birth of a new meem?

I enjoyed watching this movie because I've waited eight years for it and I went in knowing it would be absolutely nothing like the original series. The only thing that was the same is the fact that the Death Note is in it and some of the names.

What would this movie be like if it was made ten years ago with Zac Efron as Light?

Nu-Light has the power to control L's closest ally, Watari
>Makes him travel to bumfuck nowhere to try and find L's real name instead of having him shoot L in the back of the head.

10/10

They wouldn't be able to afford Willem Dafoe

Just finished watching it. It was a solid 7/10. I liked the synth-heavy soundtrack and and the guy that played L was decent. Didn't like how he just wrote "Watari" and Ryuk went with it.

Why did they decide to put "That Gun" from New Vegas into the movie?

It's a fine movie.
Only problem is, L is cast as a nigger.
How can i sympathize with a pasty-white sperg if they are a normie lump of coal?

You're not allowed to like synth music or neon lights anymore. Unless BASED REFN does it of course.

thats not how the death note works. you can't make someone kill someone else unless you also know their name and face to put them into that situation. thats a crucial point of the end of the first japanese live action movie. even ryuk didn't know you could do that.

>witty
>this is what weeaboos actually believe

>being this obsessed about watching some random slut's panties on a tv show/movie
Are you 12?

Is it rated so lowly because butthurt weaboo faggots didn't think it was japanese enough or is it actually bad?

You literally can with this death note though

>*steals police vehicle*
>yo kira bruh sit the fuck down NOW nigga

L made too many assumptions, and no actual plans to trap Light.

First L assumes that a hostage taker who committed suicide must've been killed by Kira because....he saluted before he died.
From this he assumes Kira is in Seattle because nobody outside Seattle could have been watching that.
Then he assumes Kira needs a name and face because EVERY criminal who died fit that criteria. Even though surely tons of people must have died in those few days who don't fit that.
Then he assumes Kira is the type of person to kill people being aired on tv. Twice. Even though he's never done that before, and doesn't do that both times. Funnily enough, Kira really isnt the type of person to do that, so L actually assumed wrong, but it still helps him anyway. At this point, L shouldn't really even for sure if Kira even can do that.
Then he assumes Light must be Kira because Light didn't kill his dad immediately. Even though its entirely possible that Kira would have known not to be provoked, or would have no problem implicating someone else.

Luckily none of these stupid assumptions matter because when L meets Light, Light just goes ahead and basically admits he's Kira.

It really was, it's a fucking cringefest

Are Mellow and L actually in it?

It was actually bad.
It is like any other repetitive unoriginal pedestrian/normie movie. Some chase scenes here, some shooting there. None of the characters were fleshed out well or explored enough to satisfy (probably was a bad move to try and condense a saga into a move, eh?).
It holds none of the charm of the original (that being the thrill of a battle of the minds between the likes of L and L), instead being some shitty chase scenes and a twist ending.
It's not that it wasn't Japanese enough or any of that shit, it's that it holds none of the charm. I'ts like taking your favorite cereal, removing all the good parts, and replacing them with rabbit turds.

It deserved the low rating. The only people who think this kind of movie is good are the retards who keep funding Michael bay and his lazy unoriginal """""plots""""".

New L: not eloquent. does not do a good job strategizing (what kind of retard, knowing that kira can kill a person if they see them, then goes on to show their face (even if only the upper part of it)?).
New Light: freaks out when he sees death god ryuk (which the original never did), shows not motivation to kill people considering he does not show a psychopathic tendency, and does not have/keep the strong sense of justice ("were not the good guys anymore D^:")

Overall it is a VERY clumsy remake of something that did not need to be retold. It has all the faults of any generic thrille move (that being that it is not a psychological thriller, and is not very interesting.)
It's like a michael bay remake of transformers: retarded, unstimulating explosions/destruction wrapped in a paper-thin plot that normies will enjoy and anyone who has a monacre of taste will despise.
No wonder the critics panned this piece of shit.

Do boys who've fucked cheerleader pussy really act like this?

Everything in your post just tells me your opinion can be safely disregarded

>The only people who think this kind of movie is good are the retards who keep funding Michael bay and his lazy unoriginal """""plots""""".
The only Bay movie I like is Pain & Gain. This movie is good too. Kill yourself if you can't handle people liking a supernatural serial killer movie.

what did he mean by this?

This.
This is the problem with the movie.
It was OK, it fell far below the standards of the anime, the manga, etc.

>Watari is just named Watari

1/10 movie

it gets 1 point for having a script, actors and a director and technically being a movie

>get me the book and I'll burn the page with your name on it

why doesn't he just burn his own page???

emo/goth/hipster/trendy faggots pretend they aren't normies.

Obvious bait.
1/10 for making me reply.

The original manga and anime is so fucking bad and overrated, it makes me cringe when people say the movie "didn't live up" to the original

Rate my plan:

I would write down Kim Jung Un first and have him say, "Dear leaders of the world, I am Kira. If you do not follow my rules, every leader in the world shall die. Think carefully." Then have him shoot himself in the head.

After, probably write 'Donald Trump - 30 years: Cause of death: natural
'Donald Trump will sign a bill declaring Kira as 'riteous' and cannot be arrested nor killed if apprended by police. Failure to do so causes all 'natural' effects take effect on Kira's death.'

Then I start in controlling the world from the shadows.

>Light is some nerdy numale who has a crush on a cheerleader and is bullied instead of an alpha chad genius
>He fights with his dad needlessly because muh unstable homelife cliche
>Misa has a crush on Light before he even becomes Kira
>Quipmaster Light, straight out of the MCU
>Light is coerced into using the death note by Ryuk, who is now an evil mastermind apparently instead of just bored lazy deity
>LightxMisa is real romance instead of just a relationship of convenience for Light
>Light literally annoyed by the rules of the Death Note and doesn't read them all before using it
>Try to make we wuz L eccentric but in no ways that make him likable like in the manga. Comes off as awkward

It's like these faggots didn't understand the source material at all

He's afraid of himself.
And he really should.

I know right?? A tip of the fedora to you sir fellow MAGApede. Deus Vult praise kek !!

>killer synth soundtrack
>great acting
>thinking this is great like BvS even though BvS was the biggest blunder of the century
quality bait at its finest ladies and gentlemen

>Kill yourself if you can't handle people liking a supernatural serial killer movie.
t. plebeian with plebeian tastes.

Light only got annoyed by one rule in the series. He doesn't even read the rules beforehand?

He doesn't. He reads the first 2 rules (how to use it) but immediately starts killing bullies because Ryuk more or less coerces him into doing it.

No bait. The original has terrible, one dimensional characters and a weak, dragged out plot. The animation and drawings may be good but that's it

Technically i could make myself immortal with the death note.

"(myname) - 1000000000 years - infection from tetanus"
Therefore since my death is set is stone, literally nothing can kill me except the tetanus bacteria.

It's a shame that this story just makes Light a retard. Light immediately said not to kill anybody close in the chance that it's real and then because it would be obvious where he is.

Not sure if you're joking but if you write past the intended day, they'll still die the day that they were planned to.

great teen horror, but not the murrican Death Note everyone has been waiting for for a decade.

Change the name of the characters and decrease the mad weebs by 80%.
They were all solid characters in their own right, just not what people wanted out of "Light" "L" "Mi(s)a" and "Ryuk".

>It's like these faggots didn't understand the source material at all
what would be the point of making a film exactly the same as the source material if there is an anime that already does that

Don't know what you mean but you get my point right?
By making my death a matter of fate (set in stone) there is no way to escape it (which includes dying beforehand). Therefore i can post-pone my death for an extensive period of time and know the way in which it happens.

23 days is the limit iirc, unless you specify a disease that takes longer than that at minimum. What you wrote would just kill you by heart attack in 40 seconds.

But there is rule that says the death must be physically possible

it's not even bait, there are people who genuinely believe this stuff

Manga Kira = Ozymandias from Watchmen

Netflix Kira = A whinier version of the Punisher

completely missed the characters point

Oops, didn't know what you mean. I don't think they ever mentioned it in the series, but I would assume since when you pick up the death note your fate changes and so does your time of death, so I think you would still die how you will after you get the note. Such as Light's was getting killed with Near.

What does iirc mean?

If I recall correctly.

Was 23 days just how long you could control a person's actions? Light wrote numerous people after a prolong period as a scapegoat in the beginning.

I believe the maximum time before you die is 31 days and you're immortal during it (L did it in the jap movie).

Also, fuck that rule. It made absolutely no sense and came out of nowhere.

currently watching it right now.
>meets girl
>tells her immediately of his Death Note
wew lad

Nope, it can only operate in the span of 23 days. Any longer than that and it has to be a disease with no date specified.

Also, the original idea wouldn't work, since it'd be past that user's remaining lifespan. He'd just die of a heart attack immediately.

was it not 28

Wasn't the 23 days only hypothesized by Near and his team though? I would ask Ryuk before doing it, even though he barely knew how his own book worked. And now I'm recalling how shit post-L was and now I'm angry.

Death by tetanus is physically possible.
i don't think that was the case. see: >Such as Light's was getting killed with Near.
for all we know near cheated and wrote down lights death in the death note.
my point exactly. There is no way you can escape a death you set into stone. If there is no time limit, then you could live functionally forever.