You ever wish you watched something when it was actually on so you could talk to people about it?

You ever wish you watched something when it was actually on so you could talk to people about it?

I never heard of the Wire until I saw it recommend here on different occasions by different anons. I finally started it last month and watched it all. Talk about the Wire and Wire accessories.

It seemed like they were setting up for a sixth season with the drug lawyers and I wish the 5 season wasn't the worst season.

The sixth season was supposed to be about Latino gangs but David Simon realized that he doesn't have enough info about them so he abandoned it.

Just started it finally about a month ago. Pretty much blasted through the entire thing, still got about 5 episodes left in the 5th season.

Reminder that Bodie did nothing wrong.

I watched The Wire when it was on and literally nobody else knew about it. It wasn't until like 2 years after it ended that I actually met another person who knew what it was. It only became somewhat popular in the last few years

fuck spics

Never forgave him for Wallace.

Why?

people have gotten more into watching "serious" tv shows. they used to think tv shows were all trashy and not real art, but the general public has changed their minds on this in the last decade

they should permaban people like this

AYO FUCK THAT NIGGA MARLO SON

I think its a completely different feeling watching it as a modern cop drama when it aired compared to watching it now as a story set 15 years ago. It did a good job of catching its place in time, or it aged well.

how many seasons did it take you to realize that Snoop is a grown woman?

I watched it for a first time a couple years ago, was really impressed. Can't get any of my friends to watch it, though, because "OMG The Wire is totally Breaking Bad syndrome all over again people just won't shut about how good it is it can't be that good I'm not watching it because people say it's good".

stil can go over Omar dying like a bitch

season 1 was super generic and very boring. (the part with the black kids were cool but the cops were gay af) does it get better?

>never forgave a fictional character
jesus christ.

That's the point, though.

I highly doubt you'd like it any better since season one is among the best. Better go back to Netflix

I remember being a junior during high school in 2012 when GoT started airing. Nobody watched it, nobody talked about it. It was all about Walking Dead which I never watched. The following year Breaking Bad ended and I was surprised it was popular because nobody at my school gave a shit and just cared about zombies.

the only tv shows I like are the young pope, sopranos and mad men. S1 of the wire didn't compare to any of those shows s1

He's also said he wanted to develop the Carcetti as governor storyline more, there were no major plans for the Wire post S5 because they knew they were never getting renewed.
They were lucky not to get cancelled after S3 because the ratings were terrible, only an executive being a huge fan saved it

You might enjoy Band of Brothers or I, Claudius and stop wasting time with The Wire.

Young Pope is a mini series. Season 2 will likely have a completely different story line.

>tfw no executive fan of Rome or Deadwood

thanks fellow kino only friend

anybody seen The Deuce yet? It's from David Simon and the first episode is out

>likely
its confirmed. all new characters and cast. Probably not coming out for a while. I believe its actually called a limited series because its a full 10 hours but only 1 season

The Wire is the only show that got gay characters right.

>tfw I actually thought Carcetti was sincere.

Was the cheating on the wife supposed to be a sign?

i dropped the show a couple episodes into the last season. the reporter shit bored me to no end. it was really disappointing because i loved the first 4 so much

Bodie is a cunt. I was happy when he got popped.

those shows were super expensive. giving them the axe probably made HBO's budget look good. The wire while not cheap was hardly the 100 gorillion dollar investment or whatever Rome was.

I wish they had had the same business model they do now where they give shows one more season to close out storylines ala the leftovers.

Honestly, it's awful.
I remember putting it on and doing something else until those scenes ended.
The ending is worth it and skipping those scenes won't do much to the story.

But he was honest and sincere. The whole point of him being Mayor it's showing how power changes people and also how the american political system is a joke

He was though, to an extent, he did believe a lot of the things he said, but his character flaws and the general system prevent him making any real changes.

kino shows, but way more expensive. Nothing could save Rome given its fuckhuge budget

oh really? maybe ill pick it back up and do just that. i really want to know how it ends
the other big problem i have with the last season is that they completely fucked McNulty's character arc. i guess theyre trying to make the point that he never changed but regressing him back to season 1 is retarded

Season 2 was best season. Come at me.

honestly deadwood needed to die. s1 was a masterpiece but it never reached those heights again and then got downright not good during s3

season 2 had the makings of something great but trying to fit the Stringer storyline into it made it really unfocused and overall fucked it up. still really liked it though

McNulty's character was fairly constant, what changed was his environment. Being in the environment of major crimes/homicide basically blew up his arrogance and obsessions, him going back to it is like a junkie relapsing.

The police in The Wire are pretty dull. Stereotypical, one-dimensional. It's clear they're just there as vessels to convey the story, but nothing more.

honestly people make arguments for every season but 5 being the best and all of those opinions are respectable

This is terrible bait, apply yourself

Your grandchildren will have spic blood and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

okay but I agree with him, and the person he replied to obviously agreed. they aren't that interesting

S1 was def better than S2, but S3 was better than 2. Deadwood was well worth more seasons.

The low point of S3 was Tricksie shooting Hearst (and she's probably the shittiest character on the show). That was so stupid.

You can't tell me you really wouldn't love another season's worth of Al-Dan-Johnny doing basically anything and EB's self-loathing soliloquies. Now that I think of it though, I'm not really a fan of most of the other characters.

Three for me, the Barksdale - Bell devision was intense.

The only think about the cops that ISN'T totally generic 1D shit is Presbo's arc, which is super unrealistic, so that detracts from it largely, and Carver's maturation, which I admit is well-done, but there's nothing else. Daniels, McNulty, Bunk--all characters we've seen a million times, and if I watched more shows, we'd prob see that Carver isn't original either.

Bodie was a cool dude, but also a punk ass bitch at the same time. He couldn't even kill Wallace like a man, fucking Poots had to make it happen.
It's Michael who got to be the badass young soldier that I wanted Bodie to become.

>ayo avon we can't be doing this gangsta bullshit no more, we gotta be legitimate businessmen my nigga
>hey slim charles mind killing this state senator for me?

what did strang mean by this?

Calling characters like Daniels and McNulty 1D is just moronic though. What is that 1 trait that defines them? With any one of Daniels, Carver, Herc, McNulty or the other main police you can see them face tests and obstacles, change and develop as characters.
Daniels as the first example, starts as career-driven, he's honourable and duty bound but has seen enough to be tainted and is happy to work the political game to rise up. He eventually rejects this in S1 and is punished for it, which majorly affects how he views the other top police and his own personal relationships.

You can take a man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of a man.

you spell season 4 wrong

Stringer was the mirror to McNulty. Always the smartest guy in a room full of idiots, it gets to your head and shit happens. They both ended up basically going nuts. String loved street life so bad he didn't want to get to the next level in life without carrying it with him. He learns what every thug learns: you can't take it with you, it only drags you down.

It's how Naval officers end up so complacent that things start happening like cigarettes almost blowing up entire aircraft carriers (this happened spring, 2008, CVN-73), or collisions with civilian vessels as happened recently.

4, and i still wasnt sure in the opening scene of 4

I disagree. Daniels is just very by-the-book and doesn't have nuanced feelings or actions about the dysfunction of the PD. He just dislikes it. McNulty is just obsessed with his job and is alcoholic (wow never heard of a cop like that). There really isn't much more to them. Stringer Bell and Sgt. Carver have some interesting characterization going on, but most Wire characters don't.

>Ever trusting Littlefinger