Why is this film not in 'cultural classic' category ?

Why is this film not in 'cultural classic' category ?

Unlike Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, Scarface etc. you never see this on posters, and it's very rarely mentioned referred to in other media.

It has career best tier performances by both Pacino and DeNiro. The direction and cinematography is incredible, whilst the soundtrack is ahead of its time.

It had a big influence on films to come, and its presence is clearly felt in both the departed and the dark knight.

So why is this film just not put on the pedal stall it deserves to be ? Is Michael Mann just not Hollywood enough or something ?

Too many action movies like it in the 90s.
Something like Con Air is held higher because it was a lot more enjoyable.

>Why is this film not in 'cultural classic' category ?
But it is.

Are you a teenager? This movie was and still is highly regarded. Bank shootout scene is pure kino.

only good scene is the bank/street shootout, rest of the film is pretty bland

Hey OP- I have some bad news for you

its a melodramatic soap opera

>Con Air held higher than Heat

Ask someone what happened in Con Air, they'll tell you in detail.
Ask someone what happened in Heat, they'll give you some vague description of the beginning and that's it.

nah. just doesn't seem to have that 'rep' that brand name that some of the other late 80's/90's films seem to have. not amongst the people I've seen anyway.

doesn't seem to get referred to too much in other media too.

It is.

>melodramatic soap opera
>completely disregarding two hours of build up leading up towards to broken men of polar opposite backgrounds facing off with each other in the middle of coffee shop

chills down my spine during that scene. so much tension, on a knife edge.

the dialogue was excellent, so nuanced, without going full 'you're as broken as me'

Fucking this.

Everybody just remembers the bank shootout scene, and the scene where pacino and his cop friends smile and wave to robert deniro who is taking photos of them.

Other than that it's slow and boring.

My friends would remember more about Heat, but even if that weren't the case, your hypothetical scenario doesn't mean some schlocky action movie is held higher than one of the biggest movies of the 90's.

>nah. just doesn't seem to have that 'rep' that brand name that some of the other late 80's/90's films seem to have.
>doesn't seem to get referred to too much in other media too.
People reference the bank heist shootout all the time. GTA4 and 5 were egregious with it.

fun fact; After Pacino bangs his wife at the start of the film, his character snorts some coke, but they cut that out because they didn't want him to look explicitly like a hypocritical crook.

Instead, Mann wanted the lines between the two to be more blurry. You could still infer that he's a cokehead I guess.

>Why is this film not in 'cultural classic' category ?

It is.

It's basically the quintessential bank robbery movie.

CYRUS THE DAMN VIRUS

So you're 12. Explains a lot.

>CY!
ONARA

> So why is this film just not put on the pedal stall it deserves to be ?
> pedal stall
You almost had me, OP

Con Air is a way better movie

Heat is tedious melodramatic drivel

You know we've had friendly Heat threads before OP. There's no need for shitty b8 to get a thread on the roll.

>hall of cost

I don't know but this movie has some god-tier Pacino quotes, I read somewhere that his character is basically performed as if he is on cocaine for the entire movie.

GIMME ALL YOU GOT

GIMME ALL YOU GOT

They had some real LA detective on set as a consultant and he kept telling Pacino to amp it up more and more. You can tell he was having fun. The dropped cocaine angle was a factor too.

>a GREAT ASSSSSSS

>Everybody just remembers the bank shootout scene, and the scene where pacino and his cop friends smile and wave to robert deniro who is taking photos of them.
>Other than that it's slow and boring.

>slow and boring.

hey, look...we spotted the teenager

You fucking mope.
The LA nightscape via helicopter
The port setup
The juxtaposition of dueling codes

I got those messages and still found it boring. I felt it lacked any kind of soul or authenticity.

>but! but! n-neva get attached to anything you can't walk out on in 30 seconds or less

you should take deniros advice and admit this movie is overrated

You should just admit you're underage.

Kilmer fucked up his arm doing a stage dive in The Doors

I used to think Heat was overrated when I was 16, but when I developed actual taste I realized it was a masterpiece.

I definitley see this, I watched it for the first time when I was a bit older, and I was blown away.

I was glad I didn't watch when I was younger, I'm sure I wouldn't have appreciated it

pacinos performance was awful in heat though

thats ok he made up with the insider... love that movie and soundtrack... based mann

It is though, underage faggot detected

He's fine in it. He's way over the top but that's because he plays him as a cokehead.

I saw this at walmart in the bargain bin.

I also saw HEAT with cutey milf Sandra Bullock. I'd seen that movie before.

I saw this in the bin and thought nothing of it except that it was a coincidence that the two movies were named the same.

I browsed wizardchan also today, and someone posted that cover in a thread, and I thought "oh what coincidence"

this is the first time ive browsed Sup Forums in 10 years of 4channing

and this is what I see