Convince me to be a leftist

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Clouscard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

go left

ok, I think this should probably work. all three of you, go left

don't go left, just turn right three times

If you believe in rights and freedoms, you are leftist. not even joking. Historical leftism was always about the dissolution of social powers for the sake of the demos (the capitalist society).

alright, sounds like you're completely wrong about everything. try going right instead

And look, I'm not picking on you because I think you're responsible for all the evils in the world or anything, I just think you're literally a little girl playing with her daddy's actual firearms, and you need to put the gun down, calm down, and come with us to go meet your family

FUCKING RACIST IF U AREN'T LEFTIST UR LITERALLY HITLER

John Milbank of radical orthodoxy fame said that leftism always exists where capitalism exists or something like that. I think his point was exactly what you are saying.

Fuck my life I can't remember where I read it though.

Giving 90% of your income to lazy welfare queens is cool. Join NOW!

k

You get to be your own boss. Also, we rob and imprison your old boss.

By the way, I really just want to emphasize that when I say "little girl", I don't even mean to imply anything about your actual biological sex. If it quacks like a little girl....

To further iterate, the founding of America was based on the values of freedom and equality, that all men should be free to pursue happiness and equal in opportunity. In France, where the "left-right" paradigm was invented, the monarchists sat on the right (everyone who were loyal to the king), while the people who wanted freedom and equality sat on the left.

You guys can take that at face value. To me, it's a history lesson. Self-interest always evolves into liberal progressivism. Look at the rhetoric of the leftwing these days; they want what's best for everyone; it's a self-interested idea, that if they promote welfare for everyone, they in turn will get it. They're part of the demos, not a real society; they're part of the paper society, the state. Even libertarians who claim to oppose the state have the same legalistic "demos" attitude of statists. They promote democracy, but what they're doing is saying "I'm too weak to make decisions on behalf of my fellow man, so I'll let people who voted decide what's best for everyone who didn't vote. "

Sounds reasonable to me, but you know what they say about things that sound reasonable...

You should be a leftist because personal expression is the only thing that gives our lives meaning.

Sounds reasonable to me. All I really know is, I think in 2016 in America people are grossly underutilizing the phrase "nobody asked you for your opinion", followed by actually completely disregarding said opinion. It really does work wonders.

Possibly related quote
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Clouscard
>“Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. The permissiveness of abundance, growth, new models of consumption, leaves the place to the interdict of the crisis, the shortage, the absolute depauperation. These two historical components amalgamate in the head, in the spirit, thus creating the subjective conditions of the neofascism. From Cohn-Bendit (libertarian leftist) to Le Pen (French extreme nationalist), the loop is buckled: here comes the time of frustrated revanchists.”
It sucks that this quote is only a translation and the source of it is a totally weird French pdf

Oh well. Thread was good while it lasted.. Time to slide with cuck posting.

You are always happy

Historically, countries were created as a complicated mechanism of organisation and protection against outside forces. They exist to make people's lives better. The concept of sacrificing anything for the sake of the country is laughable

More relevant insights from Michel Clouscard
>“The State was the superstructural authority of capitalist repression. This is why Marx denounces it. But today, with globalisation, the inversion is total. Whereas the state-nation could be the means of oppression of a class by another, it becomes the means of resisting globalisation. It is a dialectical process."