The Witcher Netflix series

>Be me on lunch break
>Talking to my geek co-worker
>Mentioned the Witcher Netflix series
>Talk about whether it should be animated or not because of Castlevania Netflix
>Said it will be live action to appeal to the broadest audience
>Said an animated series would be cheaper and will nail the monsters better
>Mention everyone wants there game of thrones cash cow
>Agreed that it would most likely be live action but an animated series would be better

Is he do right should it be an animated series like Castlevania? Or should the Witcher be live action to compete with game of thrones

What an interesting conversation you and your coworker had. Thx for sharing

Fantasy is gay we need more ScFi like Star Wars

Are you being facetious?

Star Wars is fantasy you tard.

Yenn, I...

>be me
Stopped reading there

>teh bookz r bedder than da gamez!

Animated makes it cheaper to produce, can cast based on voice acting chops rather than diversity/how close they look to the character.

I wish Netflix did more animated stuff to be honest, Castlevania was pretty fun.

star wars is dead and irredeemable at this point. it's also just capeshit fantasy in space now, it's not sci fi.

>gamefags acting like witcher experts

Honestly if you bother to read the books there's nothing in them that would favor animation per se. Especially since this series is based on The Last Wish. The only thing I'm concerned about is how they will portray the magic because it looks terrible in every incarnation, including the games.

d a n k
a
n
k

They literally are though. 3 sentences with repetitive diction isn't poof of anything. Especially since it's a translation. The games are good and stand on their own though.

How is magic handled by the books

>Star Wars
>Fantasy
It's in space retards no fantasy there

the science is secondary to the magic. especially with the neo-star wars disney is pooping out is all about power levels and magic. it's fantasy.

regardless of what it is, it's crap. star wars has long been dead. grow up.

If Warner Brothers can't put any money into its animated adaptations of lucrative stories like Red Hood and Killing Joke why the fuck would I ever want an animated adaption of The Witcher saga?

Just as poorly as it's handled in any of the games. There's no real sense of weight to it. Geralt casts a sign and it usually does jack shit. Wizards can paralyze or create illusions or curses that morph people but all combat magic in the books is terribly weak and almost always just serves as a distraction for a physical attack. Even when Yennefer fights she uses physical weapons at times. The alchemy is kind of neat but that's about it. I wouldn't call anything generic, just incredibly weak.

Fantasy is build around magic if your magic sucks your fantasy sucks. Unless it's really used like ASOIAF

i saw that they were bringing in the guys who did the animated opening for 3
i would love an animated series like that but would that be too much of a pain/too expensive to animate into a series?

you best be doing that on purpose

The problem with going animated is that either it'll be anime style (which doesn't fit well, anime works best when the Japs are behind it, not westerners), or CGI, which would make it look too much like the games.

I would love to see it animated with a European influence though, maybe with an edgy Last Unicorn look to it.

English translation is trash tier. I've read it on my mother tongue and was actually a very good prose.