Are nitpickers ruining modern movies and TV series?

>Most recently, gripes from TV snobs have involved the flight speed of ravens bearing urgent messages and dragons traversing huge swatches of ground.

>For TV writers, of course, this is part of the territory, and in a way a kind of validation. The more people obsess over the details, the more emotionally invested they are in a program.

Why can't people just enjoy a show anymore instead of obsessively tearing it apart? Do they really have nothing better to do? Have they never heard of suspension of disbelief?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJZS87Gw89I
youtube.com/watch?v=ytAqHdeamL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>posting fake news

you cant call nitpicking when the source mateiral was built to be nitpicked and appreciated..

hell, the first 3-4 seasons allowed appreciation, only 5-7 is where game of thrones were facing 'attacks'

They chose to create a grounded fantasy epic for their show. They reap what they sow. They get the benefits and the shortcomings.

I just recently got into Mad men and find the writing and acting to be fantastic. Its a great series because its a straight forward drama that is executed perfectly. Pretty GOAT and definitely better than GoT

Based CNN is right again.
It's all fault of Drumpf and his alt-right
nitpickers.

is it really "nitpicking" when things literally do not make sense, and the flow of the show is completely nonsensical? is it nitpicking if i literally cannot tell how long it has been between events? is this MY fault?

Game of Thrones has a lot of fake fans. Everyone who spams threads here. I gave up with season 5.

>alt-right drumpfkin nitpicker detected

>Damn based OP secretly taking shots at got Sup Forumsfags
But thats what you get when you make a 7 episode season after complaining about there not being enough snow to film in 2015. Its a rushed product now, I'm pretty sure most of the scenes in season 8 were already filmed from this season cause of this

Oh boo-fuckity-hoo

> C N N

ill nitpick you in court ya turkey

maybe if the show wasn't initially pushed and praised for being realistically unpredictable and avoiding tropes, it wouldn't get flak for doing a 180 in that regard

>character is in an impossible situation literally faced down by a giant dragon within breathing distance
>oh look out a main character is saved miraculously and falls three feet into a sheer drop and surfaces 500 yards from where the massive lizard was

>Lots of plotholes, 0 coherency, plotarmor, etc
>"buah, stop nitpicking!"
Work harder as a screenwriter then

just turn your brain off lol

even reddit is waking up to this season

Remember back when this was a series with meticulous attention to internal logic based on comprehensive historical research by the author, and not a turn your brain off tv show?

But muh based (black) HBO

>meticulous
No it always hated fans

I enjoyed the literally weight behind early GoT, you need that kind of unified vision that a single author brings to create a world worthy of nitpicking.

However later GoT is just Xena/Hercules tier for me now. Which I still enjoy, but it's sad to see all that potential pittered away because GRRM is too much of a lazy fat fuck to properly finish his books in a timely manner.

>Which I still enjoy,
Then you're retarded and have 0 right to post. Go away.

shit like this confirms that the general movie viewing audience has long since forgotten the point of TV and film, and worse than that, seem utterly incapable of learning it again

We never had to deal with criticism of things before those Nazis appeared

>time and distance dont matter
>stop nitpicking

Why not just have everybody in the same cul-de-sac?
Then the travel times would make sense.

It's fine when you can explain away the traveling since we don't have a clear timeline. However, in episode 6 we DO have a clear timeline. That's why is especially retarded.

>the point of TV and film

What is that again?

Calling someone a tv or movie snob is the last line of defense for cretins that can't take criticism of things they enjoy without taking personal offense.
And GoT itself is only held to a high standard because for a while, when it was still predominantly adaptation, it was a genuinely great show. Its flaws used to be forgivable, stuff like budgetary restraints and a lack of time to fit everything/everyone in. Now its biggest issue is that it has become the very thing it was originally a refreshing refrain from. Its now a completely bog standard fantasy story, and that should be obvious to everyone fans or not.

"The show has Zombies and Dragons; who cares is characters travel around the world quickly"
I know the article isn't saying that but I hate when people say this. Does that mean Robb Stark can revive appear on the boat in the middle of Jon and Daenerys sex scene and take a big shit on the bed and start speaking Latin? I mean the show has dragons so it's not like that's far fetched.

Game of Thrones is so good because it really makes you think!
>characters start teleporting around the planet in a matter of days, sometimes less
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO

>series constantly reminded you how far people/word/ravens had to travel
>only a couple of teleports here and there with no clear indication by any character about how long they've traveled
>all of a sudden people are zipping around Westeros at breakneck speed and ruins any suspension of disbelief

The writers should absolutely be ridiculed for this. It comes across as lazy and rushes the story just to reach the finish line.

Gendry should have made it to the wall, passed out from the cold and not sent a raven while Dany, maybe a couple of days after Jon left, decides to go up North on her own volition to help Jon. She arrives and Jon and Co. think that Gendry sent word for her but she reveals she did it on her own and that's when Jon truly falls for her.

Fucking hell, there were so many ways to write themselves out of these issues that would be brought up if they took the time to actually think about what they wrote down instead of jerking each other off and rushing to the next script.

>They chose to create a grounded fantasy epic for their show. They reap what they sow. They get the benefits and the shortcomings.
Yeah I really don't get why they're surprised. Aside from the obvious eagles meme nobody picks apart Lord of the Rings or Star Wars like this because they were clearly more fantastical stories from the get go.

Why the fuck would they make a show about grounded political drama and a realistic world and then get surprised when people nitpick it

>season 1-6
>character takes half a season to go from one room to the other
>season 7
>they go from one end of the continent to the other between scenes
>nitpicking

Your pic related was probably the weirdest moment in the season for me. Why did the camera focus on this woman? Who is she supposed to be, if not a simple messenger? Why did she make such intense eye contact with Cersei? After visually establishing her as a possible person of interest, why have we never seen her again?

Meanwhile everyone stops watching Better Call Saul

youtube.com/watch?v=EJZS87Gw89I
the theory is meh but it sums up what is wrong with the change

apparently she's been like cersei's handmaiden since season 1 or some shit

She's Bernadette, Cersei's handmaiden, and this is her first appearance since like... season two?

>For TV writers, of course, this is part of the territory, and in a way a kind of validation. The more people obsess over the details, the more emotionally invested they are in a program.

"If people criticize us it means we're doing a good job."

i've been trying to enjoy the show even with all the stupid shit like the ravens, and armies and navy teleporting all over the place, but shit like the night king being able to take out dany and jon and drogon but NOT doing that is fucking retarded

Does this faggot have hypocrisy to? maybe some articles where he makes the exact same complaints about a movie/show others love
also time/distance has rarely been a factor in both

This. If this were any other show it would be nitpicking but part of what made GoT unique was the complex story lines that were actually interesting and made sense.

Perfectly encapsulates this idiocy.

she looks more less whorish so it was hard to tell

It's no longer nitpicking when you write an episode that's just one giant plot hole.

There are two type of showfags, showfags who never really cared about the story or dialogue and Game of Thrones was just another show on their weekly list to watch when every episode comes out. These people don't even contribute to discussion regarding the episode, they watch it and say "cool" and then go on with their lives. These showfags are fine.

But there are showfags that have some sort of hard investment in the show. They think Game of Thrones, because of it's earlier seasons, is one of the best shows to have ever existed. They have their theories about the characters, they watch every week in excitement and know every characters name and contribute to Facebook discussions, IRL discussions and forum posts after every episode or just in general when something comes up on their timelines. This too would be fine, but these showfags are COMPLETELY in denial that the show has gone off their rails. They'll even claim that this season is the best so far, because they can't handle any criticism of the show. They KNOW deep down that the show has gone of the rails, but they look for tiny good things in every episode that somehow redeem the entire season (aka Tormund and the Hounds exchange). These showfags have always wanted to see Dany and Jon together, they're YAS QUEEN screamers and the ultimate faggots. They don't remember a thing from seasons 1-4, and even if they did they'd still claim season 7 is better than season 1 or 2 because of epic dragon fights and funny dialogue

Yes, showfags ruin everything

Nitpick again; I dare you.

>because of epic dragon fights and funny dialogue
there isn't even funny dialogue anymore.

tyrion feels like he's lost all his wit and charisma.

Why are people so intent on defending GoT now, and only in fact efense of the ravens? It's been getting shredded all season but NOW it's a problem that needs to be addressed?

>sam spends an entire season going to the citadel
>arya and the hound spend a season walking the riverlands
>in half an episode euron sails from one side of the planet to the other side and back

One of these is not like the other.

That's not for lack of trying. I half expect a laugh track to go off every time Davos shows up this season.

the weirdest thing too is that it did this teleporting army shit last season

Littlefinger getting a Vale army past Moat Cailin and through the entire North to Winterfell without Ramsay getting world of it was probably the most absurd shit ever.

yep I have not found him funny in years but this year he has been castrated to boost danny.

I just want the show to end, I want to see how it ends.

what the fuck is even the point of davos now

why did he even become so loyal to jon's corpse, he barely even spoke to the guy and then for some reason he's begging melly to revive him despite previously having a clear distaste for her witchcraft

They don't care about that. The "I drink and I know things" from season 5 literally became a meme within invested showfags. They never even realized how witty and charismatic Tyrion ever was because they looked inbetween the lines and picked out every generally funny thing he said.

I also hate how showfags, who haven't read the books, will claim that it isn't D&D's fault that the show is off the rails (admitting it, too). Everyone who has read the books know that D&D could have taken another direction from season 3 but they chose to take the most simplistic direction. Yes, AFFC and ADWD was boring but if they picked out small exerts from those books they could have had 2 seasons which were very entertaining.

They CHOSE to shorten the seasons, they CHOSE to shorten the show and not include great characters, they CHOSE to take a different, streamlined direction and they had no fucking backup plans. D&D are literally just braindead.

When the internal logic of a show is in stark contrast to what it used to follow, it gets a little jarring. Considering how effortlessly people travel now, Arya probably would have made it to the wall after Ned's death in like two episodes, never would have been captured by the Lannisters, never would have been kidnapped by the hound. Would have just made it to safety at the Wall with Jon.

he is the closest thing to Jesus. What else is he going to do, as far as I recall all his family is dead and so is his king. out of options of A) stick around and maybe go down historic or B) go to some shithole and to some boring job like gendry until the next cunt king rapes your asshole (metaphorically or literally) what would you chose?

I fucking hate looking like the Western book equivalent of a weeb who is mad over their shitty screen adaptation, but holy fuck, there is nothing more saddening than this great series being adapted almost perfectly for the first 4 seasons to drop to this quality. It feels depressing that a series I've been kind of invested in for 15+ years will probably have the shitty show ending and not the books. Fucking D&D.

>Make a highly successful TV people enjoy because it's based on books which are 'realistic fantasy' (because GRRM just copied the war of the roses)
>Run out of source material and instantly and obvious revet back to shitty tv writing
ABLOOBLOOBLOO why are the nerds picking on me for all the inconsistencies it's just fantasy lmao just turn of your brain lmao.

could you give us more detail about what you mean? I don't think dark star could have saved it

he seemed loyal to jon before he even revived him is my point

why was he so dedicated to getting melly to try to revive him? why did he even think she could? he had never encountered beric/thoros before

feels like Andromeda (TV Series 2000–2005)

>be fatfuck bearded autist
>write nerd fantasy book
>tv show gets made about nerd fantasy book
>tv show is made by someone who isnt a fatfuck bearded autist
>it has plotholes and inconsistencies

why havent any corporations hired a resident neckbeard to fact check everything? come the fuck on, this isnt some kind of divine secret that giga nerds will look at your tv show and find a mistake. pay 1 autist 10 bucks an hour to fact check everything

shadow stepping terminators is where its at
>be fatfuck bearded autist
he has been a writer for years and has a lot of fans for his niche. even wrote for Beauty and the Beast (1987 TV series) which was a cult classic

>DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO ITS NOT REAL

They make the shows dumb on purpose. The target audience prefers bad writing.

What if Westeros was where Goku actually learned instant transmission?

>time
lotr had a few weird time things
>frodo was like 50
>it took gandalf years to research bilbos ring and return to the shire
>shire to mordor trip took frodo and sam years
>"Look for my coming at first light on the fifth day", did not clearly show 5 days

thats all i can remember

You clearly weren't here back in the older seasons, were you?
Sup Forums has always complain about everything and every episode. It's the first commandant of this place: no fun allowed. Even the episodes now praised by revisionists and longing reactionaries were constantly hated and discredited at the time of their airing.
I'm not going to be an apologist for the current state of the series, though. It has come to a point where even the general public is catching up with the script's level of bullshit. Hell there were BuzzFeed articles about how poorly constructed the last episode was. Now would be the right time to complain about the quality. But unfortunately this place has done nothing but complaining for years, and so it lost its credibility.

didnt world of warcraft hire a literal autistic guy because he noticed a character in the books was alive but in game he was dead and asked them about it at a convention

That raven shit from the last episode was awful. They can't just decide that ravens move and supersonic spears or that Westeros is now the size of a small town because they can't write tgeircway out of a corner.

It reminds me of the finale to Avatar where they got across the world in an afternoon despite it taking the whole first season before

What a stupid idea. The whole: go gendry, gotta go fast is the Pinnacle of stupidity in this episode.
The solution was right there before their eyes and they couldn't see it:
>Brandon Stark
Make the fucking three eyed raven see that jon is in danger and send a fucking message, even if a telepathic one, to Daenerys. Hell, even going full mind power cable and Making Daenerys (or someone on dragonstone) see through the eyes of one of the suicide squad would be more acceptable than teleporting ravens, flash gendry and airplane dragons.

The show has gotten worse because the source material got worse as it progressed as well. Everything after A Storm of Swords didn't deserve to be called literature. If you can't realize this you are retarded.

this. it also has an added bonus of bran actually doing something and not just being the weirdo who gives out exposition about who fucked who and when. I mean what is the point of him at this stage, jon learned NK weakens and sam kind of learned about R+L (which has no direct relevance to the story)

Trips of truth. Brandon will save everything in the end.

ARya is getting so cringy.

character or actor?

Okay so what's the excuse now that there's no source material to work with and HBO is in charge?

Arya may have surpassed badpucci tier cringy this season.

I don't know anything about Maise, but the character is getting worse. She's acting like she's just better than everybody, and it's terrible writting.

Earlier seasons built up promise even the author could not match, how would random showrunners do? It was destined for the garbage bin.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytAqHdeamL4
they put him in game, didnt hire him

well she is better than everyone else. have you seen her kills and abilities? If the plot called for it she could solo NK

>never heard a song in his life
fucking kek

Doesn't the annulment make Jon heir to the throne?

Yes, she might be. But she's less than humble about it and she comes off as a giant cunt.

It's my favorite one so far.
>anime tier hair and eye colors
>weak legs from reading books for days

the annulment and the wedding makes Aegon (supposedly Jon's actual name) indeed legit heir to the throne.

Nobody cares about succession anymore.

Ive been mostly forgiving of the teleporting the past 2 seasons due to us not really getting a full grasp of the amount of time that has past. But the bullshit in episode 6 was just way to bad to ignore. Like theres no way they were out on that ice for more than 1 night but somehow a Raven gets all the way from Eastwatch too Dragonstone then Dany gets from Dragonstone all the way beyond the wall to save them, all in a single day. It just makes absolutely no sense if you think about it for more than 2 seconds and GoT is SUPPOSE to be a show where you cant just "turn your brain off"

Also anyone who defends this by saying "lol its a show about dragons and magic and you're talking about logic and fly speed?" is a complete moron and doesn't know what their talking about.

I have to call out the ((writers)) of these articles.

It's completely their fault. They complain about what happens in the privacy of forums, here and around the net . At most 5% of the population are exposed to such places. Under normal circumstances the average docile normie never gets exposed to this type of environment unless it's done deliberately. It's only the actions of these hack writers that can't come up with an article before their rent is due that draws in unwarranted attention to the only people who have more fun lambasting than passively enjoying it.

Notice how before the blog market was saturated people actually listened to review sites. Normie beliefs and behaviors used to be formed around them.

I don't know why you guys shit on DnD so much. The one to blame here is the Fatman. He's the one who started a saga and gave up right at the ending track. He's the one who lost track of the finale and has completely given up on finishing this shit before ww3. It's his fault for accepting selling his rights to a tv show if he knew he couldn't keep up with show's pace.
This fat piece of shit could at least have participated in the writing process of the last two seasons since there was no source material.
DnD are not Artists, they are not authors neither novelists. They are tv producers, show runners, business man. Their job is not making something intelligent, their job is not finishing the books for the fatman. Their job is to make a fucking tv show that was a success and brought as much money as possible to HBO accounts. And so far, they are succeeding. They certainly don't care about the logic or the charm behind the seasons. They don't have to. It's literally not their fucking job.
I'm ten times more angry at the Fatman's incompetence rather than dungeons and dragons or the whole series' crew.

It's beyond suspension of disbelief. It's our duty as viewers to call showrunners out when they're shows are dropping in quality. Just because it used to be great and we once loved it doesn't mean we have to keep singing its praises six years later.

Fatmans writing has nothing in common with the show. Dragoncunt is the VILLAIN in the books.

>less than humble
and? would not you be? I mean she lived all that shit, + got stabbed in the stomach, killed the terminator, stole secrets from the assassins, killed a whole house, etc. What did sansa do, have a nice cunny everyone wants and point out obvious shit that people around her should have noticed on their own (like the fact armor needed weather proofing) "accomplishments" wise I don't think anyone but danny can match her. most importantly other characters are not likeable enough for me to go "arya don't be a cunt to X"

>Arya kills Bran because he sneezed when she was trying to sleep
>Arya uses super limitless FM powers to be Bran
>something no one
>becomes Kwisatz Haderach of Westros
>teleports tô beyond wall
>"heh nothing personal kid"
>critical backstabs NK for max pwnage
>has autismo visions because Bran's face
>realizes she must become Hound because muh list
>becomes hound but still has Bran's autismo powers cause she like eats Faces and Soulz
>realizes Hodor tier time travel to amuse plebs and discovers
>SHE IS ON HER OWN LIST
>light of the seven plays
>Arya gracefully swan dives off Wall (ice) into a huge bonfire (biggest North has ever seen)
>Davos looks down at her body, which has transformed into a dire dragon and says, "now there was a song of ice AND fire".
>fin

If I recall no (books even have another extra targ) and it does not matter, danny is wet for him and he is already getting the throne and there is that little fact that they may all die in the winter. + danny herself has no claim beyond the right of conquest, it would be the same for jon

The audience for these televisions shows are human beings. Humans have a natural reaction toward story material that doesn't make sense to them. Saying "huh?" if something doesn't make sense isn't a nitpicking activity.

>jus turn ur brain off :^)