Why didn't this psychopath just write "Light dies a few minutes after giving me the notebook" instead of writing his...

Why didn't this psychopath just write "Light dies a few minutes after giving me the notebook" instead of writing his death and attempting to personally blackmail him

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/08/22/death-note-director-hoping-sequel-will-greenlit-everyone-sees-hates-movie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>goodbye, rationality... goodbye

she loved him, and thought she was being smart by forcing him to give her the death note.

just turn off your Death Note lol

>she loved him
But she still could have just burnt the page
Nothing changes, she just set herself up for more work (and death)

Mia did literally nothing wrong

Why could she even write in the death note? What's the point of being the owner then? Just so you can see Ryuuk? Who fucking cares? Why didn't he just take his page out and burn it immediately when he got the Death Note back instead of writing a convoluted sequence where it gets torn out from the book as Mia grabs for it while falling from a ferris wheel and then it lands in a trash can fire?

The answer to ever question about this movie is because the people involved are stupid and incompetent.

>What's the point of being the owner then? Just so you can see Ryuuk?
As I recall, in the anime just touching someone else's Death Note allows them to see your shinigami anyway.

Obviously I'm talking about the shit movie, not the source material.

Not in the movie.

Why didnt Light just burn his own page when he saw it?

In the end, does L kill light, is that why Ryuk laughs?

this will be answered in part 2

He had no time to do it. L and the police were chasing him.
>inb4 "but he had time to write in the Death Note"
So that he would be caught without condemning evidence and that bitch Mia. And it worked.
I think he doesn't. L wouldn't use the notebook after confronting Light and going all "you are a murderer, I am justice".

>He had no time to do it.

He had enough time to write out his entire stupid fucking ferris wheel gambit and had enough time to include writing about the page burning. If he was planning on burning Watari's page he must have brought a match.

>only noticed the first sentence of the post
All according to keikaku.

Rewatch it, Mr. Detective. He actually had plenty of time before the police arrived.
His fucking immediate reaction to seeing his name written down is to run to the computer room and find a criminal to enact his stupid ferris wheel plan out with.
THEN the police show up.

>this will be answered in part 2
you seriously think this will get a sequel?

I hope so

You know it.
bleedingcool.com/2017/08/22/death-note-director-hoping-sequel-will-greenlit-everyone-sees-hates-movie/

Yes but his stupid ferris wheel plan gave him his not so stupid coma alibi.

Yes but that's completely unrelated to burning the page which he had plenty of time to do without relying on something he didn't even know would work and really shouldn't have worked because burning a page did not lead to anyones death and thus the Death Note shouldve ignored it. Also with updraft from the fire it should have been physically impossible for the page to float in.

But just like all of L's myriad of assumptions it all just conveniently worked out perfectly.

>When I first pitched the movie to Netflix
This piece of shit was his idea? What a fucking hack. Godzilla V. Kong is gonna suck. How did he even get that job? Not like anyone really cares about this mediocre monster universe Legendary keeps trying to into a hit franchise anyway.

>Also with updraft from the fire it should have been physically impossible for the page to float in.
Now here's a guy that knows how to find a plot hole.

i thought he said that the book needs 7 days without an owner to switch owners.
doesnt make any sense that anyone can write into it, unless the only "benefit" of being an owner is that you can see the demon.
how is that a benefit again?

>how is that a benefit again?
They never actually expand on this at all.

In the original show, if you give up the Death Note you lose all memory of it, which Light uses to fool L by giving up the Note to someone (I think Misa?). In the garbage movie I don't think the Note has any rules that they stick to.

I don't think she really loved him, but I also think she expected him to just burn the page. She wanted him to make some sacrifice to her, but he decided to test her professed love instead. It doesn't make rational sense, but if you think of them as headstrong kids, it does make a certain sort of sense.

That said, the movie was still ultimately disappointing.

THIS IS A MOVIE? All this time I thought it was a netflix series.

Everything here makes sense and explained, except why didn't she just never give him back the deathnote.

First 30 minutes were terrible. Rest if it wad okay, ending was gud, but it would have been 10/10 if they just made one subtle change. Make it so it was all a ruse to frame Misa.

Yeah. I was in the same boat until the credits, when I realized. I think the idea of Death Note in an hour and thirty minutes just doesn't make sense. And it doesn't make sense.

I was thinking L wrote the dad's name.