Why are conservatives so OBSESSED with keeping coal and oil dominant? This is the 21st century...

Why are conservatives so OBSESSED with keeping coal and oil dominant? This is the 21st century. Why can't they realize that nuclear energy and renewables are the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9M__yYbsZ4
sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100429102920.htm
cen.acs.org/articles/93/i26/Lego-Replace-Oil-Based-Plastics.html
gizmodo.com/5885953/who-needs-oil-when-scientists-can-make-plastic-from-plants
science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-tech/sustainable/5-plastic-substitutes.htm
theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/08/27/wheres-hillary-secretary-clinton-has-no-scheduled-events-until-sept-26th-debate-all-events-are-surrogates/
dcwhispers.com/obama-claimed-400-million-cash-iran-due-inability-wire-funds-two-days-later-wires-1-3-billion-iran/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MUHH JOBS
MUHH FLYOVER STATE FAGGOTRY
MUHH GIBSMEDAT
MUHH LOBBY

Nuclear energy has mostly been pushed for by governments and renewables are for fags.

>the right always talks about making something profitable by investing in it
>oil and coal will eventually run out
>they aren't investing in renewable energy now for massive profit in the future

greed, to be honest family. They're thinking in the now - not for the future.

>Allowing the energy market to determine its own fate is a positive action

Yes, I remember when Trump said, "We're going to put a lot of nuclear technicians out of jobs".

I agree. It's reactionary. Burn untermenschen, not coal.

Why do libshits hate nuclear then?

Because in places like Appalachia that's all that's there. You kill coal and all those people are even more fucked than they are now. That said, we really ought to invest in those regions.

>read the signs and thought they meant Trump likes black women on the side

>renewables
Literal meme
Pic related for electric cars
Same to get the materials to build those giant windmills... that massacre migratory birds because birds are retarded
Not to mention the land clearing for the mills
We should always research 'renewables', but currently they are just pretty much a meme. Wake me up when we have cheap ass solar panels that you can 3d print at home that are 1000x more efficient than current solar panels

Keeping oil dominant helps petrochemical companies and the hundreds of thousands to millions they employ.

Oil revenue for tax is also a huge reliable income source for governments and there's LOTS of it. Oil is dirt cheap to pull out of the ground compared to what it's sold for, the only costs are the input costs for infrastructure and wells, but the refining, transportation, and markets infrastructure are already there so expanding (What Trump wants to do) instead of contracting (DEM policies usually) utilizes more of this infrastructure and only requires the actual small input cost to startup a new oil company and generate huge revenues for basically nothing.

Think of it as an economy of scale, the larger it can get and as long as it stays efficient, the more efficient it will be.

I'm not so sure about coal, really. Other than the fact it is ACTUALLY LITERALLY dirt cheap as a source of power and tends to be cleaner in the short run than solar I don't know why they're so obsessed with rocks.

Lithium batteries are rechargeable and recyclable. Gasoline and diesel are instantly emitted into the atmosphere and are non-recoverable.

Has Trump said anything about
NUCLEAR?
U
C
L
E
A
R
?

didn't mean to quote

Because they have family members in that industry, that will face structural unemployment and want to delay this for as long as possible.

Structural unemployment is unemployment that is caused by a structural shift, such as a move from coal/oil to greener energy.

Also, old people find it much harder to re-train and move into different industries so if they do become unemployed, they are "more fucked than us kids".

If he shit-talked nuclear that's another strike against him.

>renewables
hhreh no
Nuclear and fusion is though

They don't know about molten salt reactors that's all, for a while now I have been trying to find ways of getting politicians informed about them but its difficult. There is a massive lack of education about nuclear energy. I have been trying hard to get people informed, at least about the promising cycles. I use this video below to show to people who are unaware about molten salt reactors you may have seen it before.

youtube.com/watch?v=P9M__yYbsZ4

>rechargeable and recyclable
For how long? Surely you can't keep recycling the same material infinitely

ENERGY
PRICES

When it becomes more affordable we can transition our economy to focus on better energy sources like cold fusion or whatever, but coal is still very relevant.

>Lithium batteries are recyclable.
And in process to make/recycle them you waste more resources, energy and chemicals that gorrilion cars together.

Renewables and nuclear aren't good or wide-spread enough to replace fossil fuels as of yet, so preemptively axing them will do more harm than good

Damn, I didn't know Trump liked BBC

Yeah that's chill.

Trump said that "he wished to expand America's nuclear power generating capability". I don't know if his plan was to replace older power generating stations or simply build new ones to create a higher and more future proof capacity but nuclear is a go.

You're doing God's work, Nigel.

Trump wants to leverage every energy tech there is. Except wind. Fuck wind.

It's not an obsession with keeping them dominant. It's about using the energy systems we have to maximum effectiveness. Right now that means coal, oil, and natural gas. We've killed the coal industry for no real reason except "muh feels".

>Except wind. Fuck wind.

What's wrong with wind?

Walk in any store.realize that literally everything for sale is made,at least in part, with petrochemicals.repost this bullshit when you figure out how to make plastic from the sun.

But what about!!!

I live in Appalachia and people here worship coal. Not even kidding. We have shrines dedicated to coal.

Trump just really really hates wind power.

because those are the main resources of power on earth.

I am liberal as fuck but I paid attention in Economics.

Not for long.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100429102920.htm

cen.acs.org/articles/93/i26/Lego-Replace-Oil-Based-Plastics.html

gizmodo.com/5885953/who-needs-oil-when-scientists-can-make-plastic-from-plants

science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-tech/sustainable/5-plastic-substitutes.htm

Birds love to be murdered by machiney, and those are big machines

>the future

When?

State a year.

That's a good idea. Use our food for children's toys. Good thinking.

The Scottish retards wanted to set up a wind farm next to one of his golf courses and he no shit went in front of them and spelled out why that would be a bad idea

What's funny is, while he lost that case and parliament basically told him 'we do what we want', the wind farm was never built.

Kills birds, but also the fact that those turbines NEED to keep spinning or the blades will warp and the entire thing becomes a time bomb. Guess how they keep them spinning when there's no wind? Generators.

This is the big problem with renewable energy: You need to suit the power generation to the area. You can't just slap a single system onto everything.

it's literally a meme and drives property values down through the ground if they are viewable offshore. there's a reason why large quantities of oil in the US are currently unattainable, most people have big problems with having their beach front views of the water ruined

wind power has never turned a profit. it's all a big scam.

According to the EPA, over 40% of edible food in America is thrown away. If it isn't going down our throats, it's going to the dump. Wasted. Sad!

>if it isn't going down our throats it's going to long term compost heaps

Why are progressives so OBSESSED with eliminating coal and oil? This is the 21st century. Why can't they realize that renewables aren't ready yet. Oh and nuclear energy can't be a solution until the left stops wetting their pants every time someone says nuclear.

No wind turbine has ever produced as much energy as it took to make it before it started to wear out either

Nuclear does produce a shit ton of radioactive waste that will take impractically long times to disappear and nuclear isn't renewable.

Reverse Google search says that's a Russian diamond mine.

You understand it was radioactive when it was removed from the ground, right?

The US hasn't got much coal left after burning it for the past 8 years.

They also kill bats. Rural areas of the US report increased crop loss wherever there are wind turbines because of an increase of the insect population which would normally be controlled by the birds & bats.

>This is the 21st century
>Why can't they realize that nuclear energy and renewables are the future?
Coal has more uses than energy.

Because HURR DURR MUH CHERNOBYL!
>renewable
M E M E
E
M
E

Because there are millions of people who have jobs in those industries that would be completely fucked if we were to drop it.

Your mom doesn't have much coal left after burning it for the last 20

>shit ton
Nope

because of their lack of foresight and their need for instant gratification

who cares if fossil fuels won't be around forever? who cares if we fuck the planet up for future generations? as long as it's a cheap and easy solution now, that's what matters.

also they've been successfully lied to by those with vested interest in fossil fuels and it's money

>coal has more uses than energy
Elaborate if you wouldn't mind user

I pray Trump uncovers Tesla's unlimited wireless power technology and fucks the banks and the power companies that strangle the people with their monopoly on electricity.

Wind only works in places with wind and in order to make that you either need to build in wide open plains which is few for most developed countries, make your own which costs a shit ton and is even less enviormentally friendly, build in mountains which is hard to build in or off shore which salt water and marine life causes even more enviormental problems and corodes materials faster.

Quick anthropology lesson:

No human society has ever moved from an energy source that was more dense to an energy source that was less dense.

I pay an avg of $0.10 per kilowatt hour for my electricity. Going net zero with solar would take that up to at least $0.30 per kilowatt hour, while requiring 30 years for me to pay off.

>Why are conservatives so OBSESSED with keeping coal and oil dominant?
Oil and coal are one of the few industries that Jews don't dominate. That is the reason why Jewish media keeps telling you to ditch it and use the more costly Jewish energy sources.

It's not about keeping it, it's about not restricting it until we do have a source that's just as or more reliable than oil and coal.

well looks like they'll need to find other jobs

>Kills birds
so a few bird die, that's unfortunate. better save a few birds and pretend like doing irreparable damage to the entire planet and all its inhabitants and ecosystems is the best option, right

Donald Trump’s New Slogan is Even More Depressing than the Old One

The US energy and fracking sector did well despite the Obama administrations attempts to quelch, though hundreds of thousands of coal jobs have been shed thanks to them.

It's funny, because that fracking oil boom that Obama fought so hard against was one of the very few bright spots of his economy. Imagine if those 2 million jobs had never happened.

>It's not about keeping it, it's about not restricting it until we do have a source that's just as or more reliable than oil and coal.
Heh.
>implying the American civilian nuclear fleet doesn't have a three year moving average capacity factor greater than 90% with no direct carbon dioxide emissions, or hell, any gaseous emissions at all.

No, it's the market.

Green energy can't stand up to the cost of cheaper, better sources yet, even with metric fuck tons of subsidy and protection.

>Lithium batteries are rechargeable
And where does the energy to charge them come from? :^)

Making steel, making carbon fibre, making tar, making plastics, making air filters, making water filters, making nylon, making medicines etc. etc.
Didn't you take highschool chemistry?

Because Democrats keep taking jobs away from miners, then they laugh at them on occupy Democrats for being poor

Average coal miner makes six figures

Coal is west Virginia's entire economy, Democrats want to shut it down

>Imagine if those 2 million jobs had never happened.
Domestic energy utilities would have moved forward with 14-18 new nuclear reactors. Natural gas was at $14/MMBTu.

>liberals
>nuclear energy
Did you know our biggest defence contractor is working on microfusion now?
Your stupid "green" lobby - bought and paid for by the oil lobby won't be able to stop them.
I can't wait for the economic ramifications.

Wind farms are expensive, inefficient, and ruin beautiful landscapes when the cover vast swaths of land. It's a fucking joke.

I don't really want to read this thread, but short answer is because their employment/income comes from it.

Factoring $/kWh skews your density figure. Gov subs for power plants and infrastructure go un accounted for while rooftop solar needs no transmission or distribution

Yep, those turbines go out pretty damn quickly. Operating cost again not economical, even when not compared to traditional energy sources.

I'm voting for Trump but Jesus does he say some stupid things to appeal to the far right

>USA has 1/4 of the world's proved coal reserves
>liberals kill the industry because of fee fees
Good job, the chinks deserve world domination more than us anyway.

74% of french electricity is produced by nuclear power plants, how does it feel

One of the highest percentage in the world

Where’s Hillary? Secretary Clinton Has No Scheduled Events Until Sept. 26th Debate – All Events are Surrogates…

theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/08/27/wheres-hillary-secretary-clinton-has-no-scheduled-events-until-sept-26th-debate-all-events-are-surrogates/

Obama Claimed $400 Million Cash To Iran Was Due To Inability To Wire Funds. Two Days Later He Wires 1.3 BILLION To Iran

dcwhispers.com/obama-claimed-400-million-cash-iran-due-inability-wire-funds-two-days-later-wires-1-3-billion-iran/

>sage

They they you can power a nation the size of America with wind turbines and solar power; they don't know shit about the actual economic costs and limitations of those technology.

Nuclear power is the safest way to produce mass amounts of energy. Until fusion reactors that generate surplus energy become a thing we're stuck with nuclear.

It happens all the time you stupid fuck.
Same thing with thermal tower solar plants.

Incorrect, especially when you take into account the government's taxation at production! Oil is the only industry to have production taxed. Then it has to be refined; taxed. Then it has to be distributed to consumers; taxed.

You greenies just don't get it.

I'm absolutely all for nuclear fission and fusion.

You're defeating your own logic
If they're soley in it for greed and renewables will be extremely profitable in the future then these greedy people would be investing in renewables.

It has to do with the natural advancement of technology when these technologies become viable alternatives you will see a massive influx of investment.

Coal and oil didn't need government funded research to gain traction they did so naturally when they became viable energy replacing whale oil and wood the same will happen with renewable energy so long as faggot leftist dont drive us into energy poverty by making the development of oil natrual gas and coal artificially expensive which BTW is most harmful and even deadly to the poor.

Nuclear 'waste' is made because the pressures inside PWRs crack and damage the fuel rods meaning that only 1% of the potential energy is utilized before they need to be disposed of as spent fuel. What many people do not understand is that these spent fuel rods are actually the fuel for the next generation of nuclear plants. Molten salt reactors as an example allow for the burning up of spent fuel essentially utilizing the remaining 99% of potential energy within them. Looking at PWRs really shows just how powerful fission is, even with incredibly expensive methods of doing nuclear, held under pressure with backup systems for each step of a failure and utilizing only 1% of the potential energy most of them using something that is rarer than silver in the crust and its STILL very cost viable compared to fossil fuels and receives the least subsidy. It is truly saddening knowing the massive potential of fission if we decided to move past the old technology.

Thank you but I could really do with more help. Funny you mention our Nige' the last person I spoke to regarding this technology was based Roger Helmer's secretary as he is the current energy spokesman for UKIP. I think its important to help empower the people on the correct side of history with this form of knowledge. I wanted to reach out to Trumps rumored energy secretary pick Harold Hamm but hes a big gas and oil man I'm not sure if he will be on board.

Nuclear and renewables might be cleaner, but theyre not as efficient, and theyre definitely not cheaper

Thankfully the fossil fuel sector is the most heavily subsidized industry in the country.

Jobs for midwesterners who are mostly conservative. Nuclear industry requires more college educated individuals to operate and while it is the superior form of energy when done right left leaning individuals are more for it as well as environmentalists. Thus you have the fossil fuel energy companies pandering to conservative republicans.

>what is agriculture?
>what is the military?

I know it happens all the time. It became pointless how many stupid things he says at this point.

Citation, please?

Does Solyndra not ring any bells with you???

this does not compute
solar energy don't need to be shipped and processed like oil.

NUCULAR
U
C
U
L
A
R

where is oppenheimer when you need him

They don't care about the environment or the effects of pollution on it. The Republican party is mostly suburbanite baby boomers who had it good when they were young and don't care about the next generation considering how much of this generation has been screwed over thanks to them. They only have so long left, so why would they care about a future they know they won't partake in?

Longer then you'd think. Look it up user.

>nuclear
>not cheaper
you are very stupid.
Most of the antinuclear lobby is paid off by big oil and coal, for precisely the exact reason that the energy density of nuclear power is so high it would literally crash the energy markets. Which at this point are artificially inflated by things like aging infrastructure that defense contractors tried to force power companies to replace, but they didn't because it would hurt temporary profits, so crashing it is better.

>solar panels don't need to be produced