/trek/ - Star Trek

Janeway had multiple Qs on her ship multiple times and still couldn't get her ship home

Literally the worst Captain in Starfleet. Not just heading a show, the worst one in the entire fictional universe

edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h2hs0oZ6JuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

q episodes in voyager were the best q episodes in whole star trek universe

I didn't know there were black Bajorans

WE WUZ PROPHETS N SHEET

Why do the Q fear the Borg ?

Same reason they fear the Elaurians

Same reason you can't understand a joke.

The Borg have autism ?

kek

wasn't Jake's future waifu in that one episode a black Bajoran?

"""black"""

Captain. I recommend we hail them and extend a hand of friendship immediately!

What, you think the Borg we see are more than a shadow of their real selves?

SHUT UP, WORF

Kes is 2lewd4me

>Borg begin exploring sub-space dimensions in pursuit of perfection
>weird metaphysics and philisophical mumbojumbo ensues
>a cube somehow ascends from group consciousness to something more
>coalesces as a single godlike entity
>splits from the Borg collective as it sees itself as superior
>???

I guess the power levels have to keep increasing somehow

She's talking about species 259 out of more than 10000, the Borg very quickly started assimilating trans-dimensional super-beings. I would if I were a hivemind.

fuck, I hate Kes.
How did they manage to create a Trek show where 90% of the main characters are shallow, annoying and underwritten twats.
Doctor, Seven, Paris to some extent, Seska(?), I'm not sure about Tuvok, sometimes he's ok, sometimes he's trying to hard to be a tru OG Vhul'Kan mofo.

>RIKER: Commander Data, if you will, please accompany the Ambassador on his... tour.

>DATA: Certainly, sir.
>Ambassador You may find this of interest. These newly refined sensors are capable of pinpointing power emissions of a cloaked warbird even at a warp.

Why is Star Trek so comfy compared to other sci-fi universes?

Over-the-top optimistic view of the future, aliens and space exploration

Are Romulans /fa/?

You have no idea

>"Jim, how have you progressed on your 2-a-day minimum martini perscription?"

One reason why DS9's better than Voyager is because there's only one Q episode they got out of the way early.

Just watched the DS9 pilot and found it sort of underwhelming, does it get better?

Yes, once Sisko shaves his head.

yes

You're supposed to watch S1/2 alongside S6/7 of TNG, so while DS9 is finding it's feet you have comfy familiar TNG goodness to go with it.

There's a lot more good episodes in DS9 S1 than in the early TNG era anyway

>Glinn Damar, you disappoint me. I thought I told you to not use my personal lavatory.
>You have soiled your honor, my toilet, and Cardassia.
>I suggest you reflect on this in your last moments. Before the hidden airlock in the lavatory ceiling opens up.

>inb4 ok he shaved his head but it's still underwhelming. Will it get better?
Yes, once Sisko grows his beard

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

The soothing hum of the ship's engines.

NO
-picard

Try rewatching the TNG pilot in order to gain some perspective.

>I sense... PAIN!

>I thought you were a Klingon warrior Mr Worf, not an Andorian Snow Bunny
>Full spread of torpedoes, maximum yield

t. Smug Riker

Commander-Sisko-eps are flicks, Captain-Sisko-eps are kinĂ³.

He doesn't do anger very well tho

Man it's bad when Brookes tries to do a rage.

>sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

this is how the Q operate.any race that doesn't see the Q as divine beings is a threat. Since the Q can be killed if they are caught unaware. like those Q that were the parents of this blonde girl pictured. tornado killed them of all things.

He can do the controlled, intimidating pissed thing well enough, tho.
He must be a pretty chill dude.

stage actors > tv actors

Kirk, Picard, and Sisko were all classically trained stage actors before going into tv.

Who said that?

That shit puts me right to sleep

you think someone in the star trek universe would have wondered if the presence of all these aliens with god like power, meant they were in a simulation.

it could all be a MMORPG for the Q.

/trek/ threads are honestly the only real reason I come to Sup Forums

Man they're comfy threads

It's no coincidence Voyager started the decline of the franchise. Only the most hardcore tuned in to Enterprise, and only to gather sufficient ammo to complain about it online.

Why did Spock's dad attack the Federation?

Are you defending William Shatner's acting?

Could the Borg assimilate a Q?

Data, give me your fucking daughter.

Did you not find TOS entertaining? Did you not find the TOS movies compelling? He had a job to do and he did it well enough for me.

Pon Farr

Why not have that kid be Picard's son in the end?

Was it so terrible for him to have a family?

borg couldn't even get 8472.

Damn that shits rough.

Probably for the best lest he also be burned to death.

they did in star trek online, fucking wicked thing

STO is a canon clusterfuck that's best ignored

I rememeber 7 saying they REALLY wanted them, did all those cubes get fucked up going after them or did 8472 go after the Borg unprovoked, I can't remember.

you're right, but it's great brainless fun

The Borg entered fluidic space and provoked 8472. They then responded by deciding to enter into regular space and destroying everything, hence "the weak will perish."

I wish they make a TV series that takes place between Undiscovered Country and TNG

Maybe one that followed the Enterprise C? That would be interesting but they would have to end it to fit with canon pretty quickly.

Best uniforms.

Oh that's right thanks, I was in and out of it during most of my Voyager run through, but I remember it being cool as fuck seeing all the cubes wrecked.

those engineering outfits are pretty kak but Kirk looks amazing in ST2

That's not Captain Frasier

youtube.com/watch?v=h2hs0oZ6JuQ

What was she going to do???

Because the drama isn't senseless controversial soap about how dickish everyone is. Early Dr. Who is also max comfy for this reason.

>isn't senseless controversial soap about how dickish everyone is.
Wait until the new show.

Uh, no.
Enterprise started, and finished the decline

Muh daughter LuL

this "training" would have gone differently had I been Worf

That prison O'Brien spent 20 years in (in his mind) lacked toilet facilities

Ergo toilets do exist in the 24th Century

>killed helping a Spoonhead

She deserved better

the Enterprise B was used in the movie Generations, and the C has a known fate. So I wouldn't use either.

a female andorian captain. came up the ranks as a tactical officer. lost her first command fighting romulans, due to her own mistake. thought star fleet has given her a second chance. they assign her to a science vessel. which only adds to the shame she has given herself. The USS Oppenheimer is on a mission to explore the border region of Federation space towards the galactic core. they'll boldly go where no man has gone before, and the captain will get redemption with the constant conflicts with the Romulans.

They don't.

Why would you go to quarks for Synth Ale?

Surely the point of going to a bar where you pay is to get a real drink, not a replicated one

it takes 5 seasons to become consistently good

she really did..

the point of synth ale is that you sober up quickly and no negative after effects. you basically can get trashed all the time and no consequences.

>that episode where Picard says he thinks science officers are pathetic

well he wasn't wrong.

"We have a saying back on earth; Show, don't tell."

Science officers are pathetic though

What sort of homo joins Starfeelt to study fungus and shit

when you live in a post post scarcity society and the only worthwhile thing is to risk your life in space trying to catalog everything.

Any fellow tech trade trekkies who giggle a little everytime they hear the word "relay" used?

How else would they fly to other planets to study their space mushrooms?

star trek ships are powered by piping plasma from the warp reactor all over the ship. then drawing electrical energy from the plasma.

the relays would do work by shifting magnetic containment fields.

wait for sisko to grow a goatie

one eye on the wormhole mirite?

Sum finns electric plasma manifold system an' shieeeet

>like those Q that were the parents of this blonde girl
they died because they stupidly made themselves into actual humans rather than just Q who look like humans.

An unaware Q caught in a tornado could just teleport himself out, or make the tornado disappear, or set the velocity of every particle in that quadrant to 0

So they are more of a strictly "mechanical" device?
Does the plasma energizes the EMF, in a "closed loop" sense, like a request circuit in conventional relay logic?

How was their daughter a Q if her parents were humans?

IIRC weren't they killed BECAUSE they used their powers after agreeing not to ever again? So they still had them, and the execution just took the guise of a tornado.

It wasn't a real tornado, earth has weather controls to stop that shit

Q should have broadcast Picard's little narcissistic autism fit to the whole ship.

Post a pic

here's a shitty pic

"No."

The Romulans turned isolationist and the Federation had near-zero contact with them after the TOS movies. That's why Picard is so shocked to meet them in the beginning of TNG.