Is this posterkino? Lynched af

Is this posterkino? Lynched af

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCsqyOaPsP4
youtube.com/watch?v=aMszCiYdtts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did Siskel and Ebert have against it?

They're plebs

Wouldn't that be 4 reasons?

Well, how he used Siskel & Ebert's review was quite clever, but I don't think the poster is very good. This is a much better Lynch poster.

It's a fucking terrible movie.

>two thumbs
>four reasons
What

How are your capeshit flicks coming along, user?

Haven't watched any.

Lynch has made great movies. Lost Highway isn't one of them.

Did they both give two thumbs down, or do they just combine on the one opinion?

I GOT MY HEAD BUT MY HEAD IS UNRAVELLING

Yes, they only use one thumb each.

Mulholland Drive is the only Lynch movie worth a damn. I do like that poster though.

what do they do with their other thumb?

They put 2 thumbs up in their assholes.

>trips confirm

Ebert hates everything by lynch

Nope. He liked Straight Story and Mulholland Drive. I also recall him talking positively about Eraserhead but I don't think he ever reviewed it.

It's literally his most overrated movie, not to say it's bad though. But if you like mullholland drive and can't appreciate his others you've taken a big sip of the arthouse pretentious randum bait. What an awful opinion.

he also was a huge fan of Inland Empire, said it was Lynch's masterpiece

I didn't know that about straight story. But didn't he do some revisionist rubbish on mulholland drive after he panned it.

Well he really didn't like Blue Velvet, but I thought that was because it was controversial. He didn't like A Clockwork Orange either.

I don't blame them. The anus is the best erogenous spot.

He loved Inland Empire

Not that guy but I agree with you home boy.

The only Lynch I've seen is: Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks (the first 2 seasons), Dune, Eraserhead, and Mulholland Drive

What are some others that I have to see?

yeah this user is right. i don't see how anyone could like mulholland drive but not like anything else he's done. you've just exposed yourself as a massive fucking pleb. lmao. what other movies do you pretend to like to be cool?

>What are some others that I have to see?
Well BV, Eraserhead and Lost Highway are his best films, so watch Lost Highway.
Since you've watched Twin Peaks, you should watch Fire Walk With Me.

not the user youre replying too but watch these in this order

>Lost Highway
>Inland Empire
>Twin Peaks The Return

TP3 is his masterstroke and a culmination of everything he's been doing in his career. Lost Highway and Inland Empire are required viewings before seeing TP3.

Then, the rest of Lynchs filmography in any order after those. You can't go wrong.

everything else

Forgot to say that Wild at Heart may be worth a watch. It's not his strongest film, but the first act is the best thing Lynch has made.

I forgot about FWWM, watch this before TP3 as well

>TP3 is his masterstroke and a culmination of everything he's been doing in his career.
Head back to your general

Straight Story and Inland Empire. And seeing how you've already seen the first two seasons of Twin Peaks you should check out FWWM and the new season.

It's true though

Well as I posted. The straight story is criminally underrated and is also his easiest to watch, it's a disney movie with a charming story that will make you feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=cCsqyOaPsP4

also ye fwwm is my tied favourite with blue velvet

>well, the worst part of being old is rememberin' when you was young

one of the most heartfelt movies i've ever seen. lynch is a genius

If the only lynch film I like is elephant man (I've also seen blue velvet, mulholland drive, eraserhead. Didn't care for any of them) will I enjoy the straight story?

I genuinely have no idea why normies like Mulholland Drive so much.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Those are literally Lynch's three best films, besides Fire Walk With Me, which is goddamn amazing.

Wild At Heart is alright. I don't like how obvious the Wizard of Oz metaphor is, it was more subtle in Blue Velvet, although to be fair, WoO is Lynch's favorite movie.

Yes. Straight Story is really, really hard to dislike.

You sound like a normie that only got into Lynch a year or two ago.

Be gone with you, pleb.

Thanks bros. I didn't see really my specific mention of Elephant Man. How is thar? That was probably the one I wanted to see the most, between that and Lost Highway for the next movie I'd watch.

Unless it improved significantly from the first 8 episodes (where I have stopped so far) it absolutely isn't.
Episode 8 was great and a real surprise, but I doubt there's been anything like it since.
Other episodes had good scenes, but it was often rather dull - the epitome being the glass box, which I am amazed scared people (given /tpg/ wouldn't stop going on about it being the scariest thing on TV ever).
Lynch has clearly lost his touch with music performances striking emotion, with every performance in the first 8 episodes being completely unengaging and not worthy of any time - certainly not standing out. The biggest offender is the NIN performance that was incredibly out of place in that episode, and was simply not needed.

The NIN performance is completely fitting for that episode, what are you talking about? It's literally just an overture for what was about to happen. I thought it set the mood really well.

However, I think the second half of the season is much, much stronger than the first half. It's coming together in remarkable ways. You should really continue watching. There's some genuinely classic Lynch sequences that hold up among the best stuff he's done.

I've seen all of his work over 3 the past years, including Dune and his failed TV show, On the Air. Blue Velvet or FWWM are my favorites, but Lost Highway is close. MD is by far my LEAST favorite, I hate the soundtrack, I think the plot is too obvious, and the acting is hamfisted. My favorite movies in general are the Lost Boys, the Master, Badlands, Barry Lyndon, and Mean Streets.

They finally started talking about Judy, so you should definitely watch the rest.

No, you should absolutely watch Elephant Man, it's very good. It's just arguably his least lynchian movie next to Dune. Even Straight Story, which has a very unusual story and tone for a Lynch production, does showcase his style very well. Elephant Man is obviously an adaptation of someone elses story.

There were some points where the first few episodes are intentionally boring to set the pace and mood of the show. I'll admit, I had to stop some episodes and come back later, but I did that with the original two seasons as well, and I still enjoyed them.

However, when I first watched season 3, I had just finished watching FWWM whilst tripping balls on DXM, an experience I highly recommend. So episode 1 and 2 were comparably a bit of a let down by comparison, as they aren't as intense, the show needs time to build to those moments.

>I think the second half of the season is much, much stronger than the first half. It's coming together in remarkable ways. You should really continue watching.
Well that is good to hear. What I've watched was hardly exceptional, nowhere close to his best films, yet everyone was raving on and on about how good it is. If it gets better maybe it'll deserve some of the praise.
I'd have been watching it as it went along, but I now need to get Now TV or whatever to watch it all. I'm waiting until a week before the final episode to watch the rest - using the free trial.
The first 7 episodes have nothing to compare with the Agent Jeffries scene in FWWM. There's so much intrigue, and an ominous feeling that stays with the viewer long past the scene. It's a truely effective scene that I didn't think was met with the new series.
youtube.com/watch?v=aMszCiYdtts
I'd be interested in what happens, but I just saw the thread about him becoming a kettle

I bet you didn't even notice how it's paying homage to just about every single previous works of his. Not to mention the LYNCHED

The elephant man is my favorite lynch film but like the other user said it's also the least "lynchian". I'm not a huge lynch fan so that's probably why I liked it so much. Either way I think you'll enjoy it.

Well, to be fair, episode 8 is widely considered the best episode of the new season. But personally, I doubt he will ever do anything quite on the level of FWWM because of the horrible reviews (which only serves to galvanize people like me further, I love Only God Forgives for example). That scene you linked is phenomenal, I mean the whole portion of that movie before we even get to Laura is probably his best work period.

No, he gave it four stars upon release, and again about ten years later when he re reviewed it and added it to his "great movies" list (older movies that he reviews and gives four stars)

>watched Dune a couple months ago because I started reading the books
>didn't hate it
>started watching Twin Peaks for the first time ever, am mid-way through S2
>saw The Straight Story when I was a little kid with my parents and I really liked it but I never knew it was a Lynch film until recently
>tfw I get it now
am I.../lynched/?