I thought this was okay. Why are the weeb pissbabies so upset? This had some kino moments

I thought this was okay. Why are the weeb pissbabies so upset? This had some kino moments

The anime was gay, so this is probably gay. We should hang all gays.

Like? This movie just looked terribly even on its own.
I don't think I've seen such a cheap-ass movie in a long time.
Even Defenders looked better and they looked pretty bad.

Neither Light nor L were smart enough for it to be a faithful adaptation.

lots of people who never watched the anime thought the movie was shit

It was just really dumb. The plot completely falls apart if you think about it for 10 seconds. The whole point of this story is to watch a conflict between two genius characters, but this version was written by an idiot.

I thought the cast was actually very good, but they couldn't save this script

Even if you ignore the fact that it's literally nothing like the source material, it was just plain shitty writing.
>Hey girl who I've NEVER had a conversation with before, let me show you that I can kill people by writing their name down!
And my personal favorite
>Girl decides she wants the book for herself, writes his name down
>Her whole master plan was to have him give the book to her, and then burn his name so he lives
>Her plan involves him grabbing the book, with his fucking name still in it, and not burning it to save himself
I mean come the fuck on

>The whole point of this story is to watch a conflict between two genius characters
Says who?

I feel sorry for you if you think this was fine in any way.

says anyone familiar with the source material

yeah, it wasn't Lawrence of Arabia, but it was decent cheap pap for 90 mins. You weebs get pissy over everything. This and the ScarJo movie in march

I went into watching this reminding myself what it was but it is just bad desu. I don't care that it wasn't faithful to the anime. The acting was some of the cringiest acting I have ever seen, and I have watched a lot of shit television, usually shit tv is fun, but not in this case.

meh, the acting wasn't great, L was probably the best part desu

L's actor is good. L's performance is absolutely retarded and a white actor wouldn't have been able to save it.
>Freak out and lose your cool
>Act like an actual autist
>Screaming and crying

>Act like an actual autist
Wasn't that kind of the point? Not just in this version, but the original material too?

The worst part about the movie is that it was just "okay". Going to forget about it in a weeks time.

Oh a death note movie? Well these usuall suck but sure i'll give it a-

>L is black

Dropped.

>Twist: Black L is the only good part

until he chimps out that is.

>rotten potatoes

is there anything more cancerous than that site?

>Whitewashed

wat?

>phenomenal cinematography and visual motifs

>killer synth soundtrack

>Great acting all round

My favourite film of 2017 so far. Up there with BvS in terms of being misunderstood by critics.

Because L is fucking black

Probably Reddit or Facebook.

I'm triggered by that bottom entry

So what?

The entire anime is a cat and mouse game of them setting intellectual traps and trying to outsmart one another.

You have really bad taste.

Niggers are subhuman, and it's obviously a token black guy the production company threw in there to appease little racist babby bitches that complain about white people.

He has experience and not everyone thinks like you. and i personally thought he was good.

Not everyone is white, you should know this.

No, the best part is when she wrote his name in the book, she had the notebook and he DIDN'T KNOW where it was or that she had it at all. She could have just kept it herself, there was no reason for the retarded blackmail plotline

>he has experience
What does that have to do with putting a nigger in a show that doesn't need a nigger?
>not everyone is white
that's interesting, because everyone in the show wasn't black.

There is so much potential in for the death note universe to be developed into a wonderful series. Watari was a good cast and Defoe as Ryuk was very solid. The rest can be replaced. If they got halfway decent writers I would think having a god-book would make clever storylines easy to come by.

All said and done, I like the universe and the movie was everything I expected from Netflix. 6/10

I liked the part where Kira had an LED gun and was standing over a knocked out L and chose not to kill him

If you follow exactly to the anime, everyone would be Japanese. So why put white people into a show that does not need whites. See how it works. Race does not matter if the person is good.

Most people in the show were white. So again the only reason why you care he is black is because of your feelings. Not everyone is a racist like you.

what I think should have happened is they should have made it into a 10 episode series culminating into a 90 minute film where L and Light have a final showdown.

It is very strange that they decided to put a black guy in the role of a character who by the end of the movie:

>grabs a handgun
>steals a copcar
>gets in high speed police chase
>all to pop a cap in some dude's ass

Black L is not good for race relations.

>phenomenal cinematography and visual motifs
haha what?you know cinematography is not just a couple fancy shots right?

>If you follow exactly to the anime, everyone would be Japanese

Everyone may have had Japanese names, but they were all clearly white in the anime.

this, unironically.

If this movie wasn't called "Death Note" I'm sure TV would be praising it for fitting into the synth genre

How to do AMAZING CINEMATOGRAPHY: Put red gels on all your lights. That is all.

The reason the original story was actually enjoyable was the cat-and-mouse between Light and L that actually got you invested. In a movie setting, you don't really develop an appreciation for either of them and Light came off as a retard save his final act and Light's genius came across as flat. Again, nothing I wasn't expecting.

Sure, anime is just white people not Japanese.
Its set in japan, with a Japanese family, but since they have white skin they are white.

Nice logic OP.
and yet you call black people inferior to you.

Light isn't asian in this movie

>I think its impossible for a non-asian person to live in japan

Literal retard and probably a manlet

or in the anime, but w/e im just a racist

Where does it say that he is white?
He is Japanese.
and thus its okay for anyone to be black and cast a white person.

I never really cared for it, but since it makes you so mad, i hope blacks get parts they are qualified in so you dont get to enjoy your favorite shows.

yep

also I kinda miss the police team

this film desperately needed some comedic relief from Matsuda

Why they dont complain that L was blackwashed from being asian?

>Amerifats asking for Comic Relief in movies

Why is L such a bitch ass crying nigga?

>hurr durr im retarded hurr durr

The Light in this adaptation was against killing people who weren't criminals. It's made blatantly clear when he planned to save Watari after writing him in the book.

THIS

Ass Burgers

Uhhhh. The entire reason Watari was on his errand was so Light could kill L.

Light wasnt in the movie.

There was some dumb beta faggot cuck that, by pure coincidence, share Light's first name though.

This movie was unironically fucking trash. With amazing source material to work with, there's no excuse for this to be as retarded as it is. The best parts of the anime were all scrapped, and we're left with some dumbass high school teen drama with obligatory gore scenes and charmless characters who couldn't plot their way out of a wet paper bag.

One of the best parts of the original is watching some vanilla prep school prodigy descend into megalomania after tasting power. That, and the battle of wits between he and fellow prodigy L. Light is a creepy, manipulative narcissist with a double life in the original, and seeing this whiny high school troublemaker version just makes me mad.

Yes, I know I'm comparing it to the original and blah blah, but even looking at it as seperate from the anime, this movie was still cringe level unwatchable.

Why the fuck can't hollywood manage a decent anime adaptation?

Death Note: Le Netflix = Death Note 2015, but dumber and without qt Near/Mello

Twilight with deathnotes

Absolute shit.

man that picture looks like some Disney shit

In the original:

>shinigami throws the death note in human world
>to see what happens
>only manifest after someone starts using
>shows up to communicate out of boredom and don't make a big fuzz about it

USA adaptation

>deathgod litterally throws the note on light
>rockstar intro smokes and orchestra full blown poltergeist american audiences stops eating burgers to clap
>ITS ME SPOOKYBOO DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE LOOK KILL THESE BULLIES OVER THERE USE THE NOTE FOR JUSTICE

its painful, americans should just quit it... its over.

I thought it was alright. I knew it wasn't going to be a masterpiece but what bothered me the most was how easily Light's name on the page was "ultimately consumed by fire." That part was absolutely bull shit.

i'm just annoyed at how blatantly every new netflix show is shilled to death here

why do people explode when they die, bros?

The whole movie was the same kind of bullshit. The cast was good, but the script/direction was retarded

Netflix is actually trying to do interesting things, even if they sometimes fail.

Considering the manga went to garbage after the first half, this was pretty good.

Characters weren't really like the source material though, but it doesn't really matter.

Its like american movie makers have this mandatory formula to follow and everything that requires different handling gets forced into the formula then they just blame the original matterial as always.

They did that with gozilla even the one burgers claim is "good" from 2014 is absolute trash that anno shin godzilla with severe reduced budget OBLITERATES without trying too hard.

stop going to movie school start going to the movies

>The cast was good

You cant just call the entire cast good because of William Defoe. They had one good actor placed and the rest were god awful.

The movie was a not that bad remake of Heathers, but the Death Note stuff they kept caused it to be incoherent.

Light is also a big ass crying nigga, they had to americanize them so they were pussified to the extreme.

>Why the fuck can't hollywood manage a decent anime adaptation?
Netflix is not supposed to be outside of Hollywood?
I mean they don't fuck with directors unlike Hollywood...

Not even racist but seeing Ls lips eating candy and his hair made me cringe

Okay? Did you miss the queer, almost parodic screams Light lets out when Ryuk first appear?.
The acting is disgusting. The only redeeming thing in this shitfest is Dafoe's voice.

What the fuck was her problem?

Which was retarded, since in this universe the Death Note or Ryuk is omnipotent and can also order people to kill other people. He literally just needed to write down that Watari or other police agent kills L the moment he saws it using their guns.

>Did you miss the queer, almost parodic screams

Did you miss the fact that this movie is clearly meant to be a comedy?

Raised lettering, pale nimbus. White.

>everyone on this website is american
>every american wants le superhero quip jokes

L was pretty decent as an actor. Not top of the line, but he had some emotions, like being kinda scared when he was revealing himself to Light.

Kira on the other hand was just shit acting.

Could we have gotten a better actor rather than nigger L? Probably, but he was far from being the worse part of this movie.

I liked Stanfield, and honestly I thought Nat Wolff was a pretty good choice for Light. The "bullied emo kid" angle could've worked if the writer had followed through with it. Both actors had scenes & moments that showed their potential. The actress playing Mia didn't seem bad either, but Mia was a non-character with no backstory or motivation.

The script was the problem. The characters were inconsistent, their actions were often nonsensical, so the actors look kind of stupid when they're asked to do really stupid things and read stupid lines.

One of the death note rules is that if you write a cause of death that includes/would cause the death of any additional people, then the death note just kills the one with a heart attack.

>"""business card""" is just his first name
>he actually only has one name
What the fuck were they thinking?

That triggered the fuck out of me...holy shit!

>garbage
Fuck off with this meme. It wasn't as good as the first half but it still had its moments and the ending was perfect. Second half is still 10 times better than the Netflix adaptation.

>people discussing things that just came out is shilling!
Go to Sup Forums, you'll have a blast there, every time anyone says anything you can just call them a shill and it's accepted.

>"bullied emo kid"
He wasn't bullied, and he wasn't an emo.
He was just a regular angsty teenage idiot.

And that could also have worked. But they only do it here and there and the rest is pretending it's smart.

>his full name is Watari

I thought this was kinda comfy and funny in the moment until Light just wrote down 'Watari' with no last name and it worked

Light wasn't even bullied. He had no motiviations from being a psycho aside from a guy having murdered her mother.

He faced some bullies, but he clearly wasn't being bullied. In fact, he was getting paid for making other's assignments. If people didn't appreciated his help, they wouldn't pay for it.

Light's entire motivation for keeping his murder spree was to fuck a girl.

Oh, I see. The "it's supposed to be bad" excuse.
In that case, that movie deserves 15 Oscars.

You need to watch the anime to know why people are complaining.

>Okay? Did you miss the queer, almost parodic screams Light lets out when Ryuk first appear?
The acting is disgusting.
Really? To me, that was one of the better moments in this crappy movie. I think that's exactly how most people would react to seeing what Light was seeing, right then.

It's supposed to be funny.
It was bad because it was also an incoherent mess.

Shinigamis can't write a human's name for no reason, it must be when their time comes. It was a big part of L's death

This.
The 12D chess game was for me the best part in the death note. That's why after L dies, the anime kinda turns to shit.

>Light's entire motivation for keeping his murder spree was to fuck a girl.

Right, and to spite his dad for being a cop and not being able to stop crime. He was just a dumb kid with a limited view of the world. His arc, as it stands, is growing past or realizing the folly in this shit.

That's not true. They can't kill people to save lives.

There's other ways for men to express horror other than simulating a girl watching a cockroach flying towards her.