They DO give a damn: Memphis theater pulls Gone with the Wind after complaints that the Civil War classic is 'racially...

>They DO give a damn: Memphis theater pulls Gone with the Wind after complaints that the Civil War classic is 'racially insensitive'
>The Orpheum Theatre in Memphis has pulled showings of Gone with the Wind
>Patrons complained the film was racially insensitive after a screening this month
>The Civil War era classic depicts slaves and has drawn criticism in the past
>The motion picture has become part of a ever growing list of historical references that are up on public chopping block

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4826210/Racially-insensitive-Theater-pulls-Gone-Wind.html

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/24/aclu-backs-down-in-face-twitter-s-wrath-for-pic-white-baby-holding-us-flag.html
thetimes.co.uk/article/big-brands-mcdonalds-ikea-lloyds-tiffany-unilever-dove-shun-straight-white-britain-in-their-adverts-trevor-phillips-lrrfdgtpg
twitter.com/ACLU/status/900459882989600768
washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/06/13/teacher-why-i-dont-want-to-assign-shakespeare-anymore-even-though-hes-in-the-common-core/
bbc.com/pidgin
bbc.com/news/world-africa-40975399
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's it. Taking down a classic like GWTW is just too far.

>depicts slaves

that's all it takes now huh?

Sure the South was wrong. But you have to remember Southerners were people too and their world came crashing down. And the film isn't really dependent on its Civil War/Reconstruction background. It could work in almost any time period of war in any country. Scarlett O'Hara's character and her romance with Rhett is the core of the picture. Fidelity to the reality of the time period you're set in is expected and isn't racist. Mammy is literally best girl.

Start with statues.

Then ban Gone With The Wind.

Then the ACLU has to apologize for posting a picture of a white toddler, because even showing a picture of a white child is "white supremacy".
>foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/24/aclu-backs-down-in-face-twitter-s-wrath-for-pic-white-baby-holding-us-flag.html

>ACLU backs down in face of Twitter’s wrath for pic of white baby holding US flag

>The ACLU got a big lesson in political correctness after posting a photo of a white baby holding an American flag to its Twitter page — and has backed off after social media trolls accused the free-speech group of promoting Nazis.

>“This is the future that ACLU members want,” the ACLU captioned a photo of a blonde baby wearing an ACLU “free speech” onesie and holding a small American flag.

>That was all it took. A flurry of tweets from ACLU followers slammed the group, suggesting it was being racially insensitive and even likening the post to pro-Nazi commentary.

>Canada is always said to be liberal and cucked
>Cineplex is showing the movie in a few weeks while the AMERICAN SOUTH isn't

Why aren't you living in Canada yet?

fun times

>ACLU
>Expected to have the balls to go up against governments to protect little people
>backs down to a bunch of communist cry-bullies

Wow I really want to support them now.

>letting women pretend to be professors

lol

here in mexico gone with the wind is showing today and tomorrow

I like to think that if our ancestors could see things like this a lot of them would have switched sides. People laughed at Enoch Powell when he said foreigners would become even a sizable minority in England, and now you've got all the major cities turning white minority

No more white people and straight couple s in advertising.

>thetimes.co.uk/article/big-brands-mcdonalds-ikea-lloyds-tiffany-unilever-dove-shun-straight-white-britain-in-their-adverts-trevor-phillips-lrrfdgtpg

>Big brands shun straight, white Britain in their adverts
>Advertisers are turning to gay couples and ethnic minorities to sell their products

>Advertisers are so worried about being accused of racism or homophobia they are shying away from using images of white people and straight couples.

>Marketing departments are even putting diversity above relevance to their target audience to avoid accusations of bigotry, a survey of 500 companies has found.

>A third of advertisers questioned said they had used fewer white models and heterosexual couples over the past year. More than a third of these said they were taking this approach to “prevent perceived discrimination”.

>The findings are likely to trigger accusations of political correctness but show a marked change in attitudes in the advertising industry, which has until recently had a reputation for under-representing ethnic minorities.

>Brands that have featured gay couples include Lloyds, which ran a “he said yes” campaign and Tiffany, the jeweller, which ran a “will you” gay proposal.

>The study by Shutterstock Inc, which provides commercial images and music, found that almost half of marketing departments had increased their use of racially diverse images over the past year and a third increased their use of homosexual couples.

>The overwhelming majority that used images of gay couples or “non-traditional” families admitted doing so even if it did not fit with their brand. Half said they were using fewer white people because they no longer represented “modern society”.

Leftists should just fucking kill themselves.

>actually thats not bullshit

>whites will go extinct in your lifetime

We still got a few tricks up our sleeves. We're a very inventive people.

The only trick wh*tes have left is accommodating BBC in orifices you didn't think possible.

"Racism - It's OK when we do it!"

-- The Left --

How long before we have literal book burnings from leftists applauded by newstations across the west?

Depends.

Depends on if the books being burnt were written by whites.

The book and film have done more to propagate the lost cause myth than just about anything.

Imagine a mass book burning of classical mythology, Shakespeare and Tolkien, because it's all white supremacist literature that propagates fascist and imperialist ideals.

America is collapsing

Who else writes books?

Zizek was the only person to accurately predict what the Trump presidency would entail.

>it depicts something the way it was back then
>we have to censor it

>2017
>still showing a 1939 film
>wth?

KEK

GENOCIDE ALL LEFTISTS WHEN

>twitter.com/ACLU/status/900459882989600768

Read the comments. They would string that kid up if they could.

I wonder when this shit will TCM. Robert Osborne is dead now. Ben Mankiewicz took over full time but he's full on left and appears often on The Young Turks. He was on with them on election night and fucking cried when it was official that Hillary lost.

No more Breakfast At Tiffany's for example.

Robert Osborne was a homosexual, but he allowed that stuff. I don't watch The Young Turks, but Ben strikes me as being the most sensible of the group. He was the only one who was trying to calm Cenk down when he was yelling at Alex Jones.

>Dead White Men book burnings

they would love that. cultural revolution here we come.

How long until they pressure the museums to paint them brown?

washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/06/13/teacher-why-i-dont-want-to-assign-shakespeare-anymore-even-though-hes-in-the-common-core/

Two years ago they started agitating for Shakespeare to be replaced with "African oral history" in English classes

The money line comes at the end when the teacher says that nonwhite students shouldn't be taught Shakespeare because European history isn't important to their background and white students shouldn't be taught Shakespeare because whites need to learn more about Africa's valuable cultural history

This is what it looks like when you go full on catering to the blacks.

bbc.com/pidgin

This is the future.

source

THIS CAN'T BE REAL

Pidgin speak was created via many immigrants who only spoke base english and couldn't find those who speak their native language as a way to communicate with eachother. It originated from an island in Hawai'i IIRC.
It's rarely used in modern times.
Please don't post such things as anti-black propaganda.

Your wife's black son must be so proud of your virtue signaling.

Finally someone is proud of me! It's all been worth it!

Buddy, BBC Pidgin launched one week ago and Britain has allocated 85 million pounds a year for new pidgin language material

bbc.com/news/world-africa-40975399

How can it be insensitive when the black women in the movie were the ones who helped out Scarlett her whole life? and even won an oscar?

Why don't they just teach the niggers to speak English?

>and even won an oscar?

They made her come in through the back door with the help at the Oscars. This is true. Look it up.

user...

You're speaking from White Privilege. Whites have always been catered to. Now we're going a little bit out of our way to make African Americans feel just a little bit more comfortable and you are just melting like the little snowflake that you are.

I'm assuming the kind of people who complain about this stuff probably never actually watched the movie.

Because it's less racist to get rid of English and teach everybody to speak nigger instead

Same reason so many schools are dropping cursive writing - blacks can not figure it out

I got a little creeped out years later when I realized Prissy was Scarlett's half-sister

It's not as rare as I had thought.
The BCC is funding programs that incorporate the langue doesn't mean it's commonplace right now, though.

>A pidgin, or pidgin language, is a grammatically simplified means of communication that develops between two or more groups that do not have a language in common: typically, a mixture of simplified languages or a simplified primary language with other languages' elements included. It is most commonly employed in situations such as trade, or where both groups speak languages different from the language of the country in which they reside (but where there is no common language between the groups). Fundamentally, a pidgin is a simplified means of linguistic communication, as it is constructed impromptu, or by convention, between individuals or groups of people. A pidgin is not the native language of any speech community, but is instead learned as a second language

>85 million pounds a year for new pidgin language material

How does a horrible bootleg version of English help people "move beyond" English?

why don't we have school just for black kids to learn black stuff then? Seems only fair to remove all that toxic whiteness

What do you think people are talking about when they say "inner city" schools?

It's like 'standard language' in start trek. You can have people from fuckall different places who would be able to communicate regardless if they spend 8 hours a day in school or 8 hours farming in the fields.

"Orwellian" is as abused as "that's so Kafkaesque" but is it fucking weird to anybody else that a major government is suddenly so heavily invested in pushing a language that is perfect for drudge industry but can't be used to express complex ideas at all?

Spending that much money makes you question their motive.
Are they trying to dumb down the populace? Could a push for refugees be in the future? I honestly can't think of good reasons why.

Man if I ever have kids I'm sending them to private school.

NPR should do this too but with jive.

Why everybody forgets about rape in this movie? Main character literally starts to love her husband after he rapes her. I would thought that this would be bigger issue than racial thing.

>Main character literally starts to love her husband after he rapes her

So exactly the same thing that happens in Game of Thrones?

>old work of art is seen as culturally insensitive when looked at in the present

BETTER FUCKING BAN IT JESUS CHRIST WHAT ABOUT MUH FEE FEES

Threads like these make me depressed. I hate liberals so much.

Who gains from all this madness? God the Internet is just a massive echo chamber of the mentally insane now dictating our cultures.

>Who gains from all this madness?

Who indeed?

Thankfully not everyone has gone full retard just yet, but i'm morbidly curious how far it'll go before our country literally turns into Fahrenheit 451 and start openly burning piles of 'offensive' books in the street.

>tyrone d lewis
>that avatar

that's obviously not a real black guy