Death Note

He's right you know,

Good artists win in the long run.

FUCKING FAGGOT SHUT UP

If I were him I'd be keeping quiet. The film is a mess, he tried to halfway house his 80's teen movie fetish with Death Note and it's unbelievably awful. It's actually hard to believe this is the same man who made You're Next and The Guest.

I have to imagine if he does actually enjoy any manga or anime, his tastes lie 10-15 years before Death Note's time. Would probably have made a great Guyver movie.

>The film is a mess
But it isn't at all. It's well made.

>Would probably have made a great Guyver movie.

What are you smoking? The guy can't even handle a pleb story like death note that's almost impossible to fuck let alone a henshin hero story that is very inherently jap.

sure adam whatever you say

ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE KINO

I love when shit directors can't take criticism and throw a fit

Shit directors that don't do that at least deserve some respect

Post that King Kong Muslim flipping out.

Why did Mia take the deathnote from Lights house and then tell Light that she has and give it back to him to then only tell him that she wrote his name down and he will die if he doesn't give it back to her?

Light believed the police had it, she could have just kept it forever and left him. If she wanted him to know she had it, why give it back to him and try to force him to give it back to her?

What part of this makes any sense?

Tell that to Josh Trank

>people unironically defend this faggot

I'm glad he's salty. It's gonna completely fuck his career.

Just imagine The Guest but with power armour and replace "small town" with "evil corporate skyscraper".

Also Guyver isn't all that Japanese-centric. At its core it's Spider-Man plus Gigeresque body horror.

The only winner here is the Death Note mangaka who literally got paid to do nothing.

Those that bite expose themselves :^)

Reminder that he's remaking I Saw the Devil for americans

After watching Fantastic 4, I'm with Trank that the producers completely dropped the ball in post. It was actually an engaging movie right up to the "Two Years Later" card. Then absolutely everything went completely to shit.

Hell, I'd even say that Reed waking up to his own grotesquely stretched body and learning about the others was kino. That was the point when I wondered why everybody hated the movie. Then Reed escaped and the rest of the movie happened.

She's a woman, so she's stupid. Light is too though.

>criticism

That's not what alt right permavirgin anonymous cowards do on twitter. You weeb trailer trash really are the scum of the earth.

Stick to Twitter, Adam.

In fact only do Twitter from now on. Stay the fuck away from anything resembling a film production.

Wait, when Mia writes lights name in the death note, the page is there when he grabs it in the locker room. So why didn't he just burn the page right then and there

If it doesn't capture the essence of Ishinamori heroes like Guyver then it failed its purpose.
It's not just about aesthetics or the plot. It's about conveying the same feel. That's the only thing that really matters and has to carry over, otherwise just call it something else.
Unless he's somehow an expert on jap toku he'll fuck it up. It's like having an american make a wuxia movie.

I'm watching the movie in a couple of hours just because this 60 IQ board hates it so much. You weebs literally aren't human, you aren't smart enough to be

If you're adapting a story, the only thing that has to carry over is the story. Everything else is surface level. You're beyond stupid.

>directs a shitty movie
>still hasn't watched it

I was also upset by that but tired to justify it by saying, well maybe he doesn't have anything to start a fire with, like i wouldn't be able to start a fire right now.

But then he ran through an ally with a burning trash can....

>What part of this makes any sense?
Mia wasn't some mastermind who planned to take the Note away from Light since they first met. She was loyal to Light until he lost his nerve to kill his dad, then she tried to convince Light to nut up, and when he still refused, she decided she was better off having all the power for herself.

You know these people are in a sad fucking state when they equate watching a bad movie to rebellion. Who the fuck are you trying to "show" by watching Death Note? Who on this board actually gives a shit?

Right, so why did after she decided she should be the owner of the death note, GIVE THE DEATH NOTE BACK TO LIGHT AND TELL HIM TO GIVE IT BACK TO HER

I can't think of a more ringing endorsement for a movie than if the short, ugly, inbred, mentally retarded SJWs from Sup Forums start obsessively shilling and harassing the director on twitter. That's all I'm saying. You're so mentally ill, stupid, and perpetually wrong about everything that I'm going to watch this movie I previously had no interest in. I'm certain it's good.

>this entire post in one image

They already made 2 Guyver movies in America. Shit David Hayter was in one of them.

It's not how it works, friend. Story is important but the execution matters a lot more.

>It was actually an engaging movie right up to the "Two Years Later" card. Then absolutely everything went completely to shit.
It was shit from the start. Tonally and thematically speaking, it was on a completely different wavelength than what the Fantastic Four are supposed to be. They aren't dark and grounded characters. The only one who should suffer any sort of trauma and body horror experience is Ben, and no one else.

>I'm certain it's good.
It is and Grace Randolph agrees in her spoiler free review

And the execution in this case was fantastic, regardless of what deranged weeaboos think. Your opinion doesn't matter.

>being this angry at run-of-the-mill internet trolls
>unironically posting on Sup Forums

There are more welcoming websites for you, friendo.

>literally remakes Heathers but with Death Note shit

What did he mean by this?

Because she decided she wanted to keep the Note AFTER she gave it back. Remember, at that point in time, she was still trying to convince him to stick to his guns and not be a coward.

You already thought it was good and thats why you are equating all bad press to 'alt right Sup Forums trolls'. Its a mental defense mechanism to coddle you. You already formed your opnion on this movie long ago and while you watch it you will be constantly making justifications for dumb things in it so at the end you can say something like "well lit was ok, not bad like all thoes dumb people i hate think"

Then you will stop thinking about it because if you think too hard you might realize your own bias and be forced to come to terms that your an idiot like the rest of us.

Enjoy the movie.

Why are you defending a movie you haven't even watched yet? The fuck?

Was there a rule that the person who wrote the name has to be the one who burns the page and I missed it? Because I can't understand why Light didn't just burn the fucking page with his name in it right after Mia told him that she wrote his name in the Death Note. I also can't understand why Mia would have left it in the Death Note instead of keeping it with her.

Josh Trank got famous directing a cape movie with dark, grounded characters, and he took it as a personal challenge to do the same with Fantastic 4, and like it or not, he did handle that theme well. I'm just saying the movie got objectively and inexcusably shitty from the two year time-jump on.

BECAUSE A PHOTOGRAPH IS LIKE AN HOURGLASS SOMETIMES

They were at the dance, she danced with someone else dressed like light so he could get the death note. When he came back she told him he would die if he didnt give her the death note.

Your trying to fucking tell him she changed her mind over the course of a fucking dance while Light was out of the goddamn room?

Keep on defending schlock.

>anyone who dislikes my movie is a troll
that only works if you're black or a woman, Adam

Tell that to Josh Trank's snapped career

do reviews even matter for netflix movies? can't see why..unless they're expecting a film to win awards, and it's definitely not the case with this one.

gib mommy movie critic

People who haven't read Death Note should just stfu.

Open ending, they were likely hoping to make a sequel

She looks dead inside.

???