How do you feel about chefs not wearing gloves...

How do you feel about chefs not wearing gloves? I read in California they are trying to pass a law where any person involved in the prep or plating of food needs to be wearing gloves.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know how annoying changing gloves after prepping produce, then red meats, pork, poultry, and seafood all while switching cutting boards is? A good chef and his linecooks keep their hands and workstation's clean at all times.
>t. Ex chef

I don't generally care, if they're cooking something.

The asshats are Subway are not cooking anything.

>just covering everything in cheese
american “cuisine” everyone

good chefs don't need that shit

its the dirty, lazy, unskilled antibiotic resistant TB infected mexican chefs that need gloves

They should be required, us health department and especially cali is a joke

If it’s dirty Mexicans then yes they need it. Do you think they clean their hands?

Honestly, looks more like a Swiss thing but yeah. Greasy.

Fuck you. Cheese is great.

>a good chef
That's the fucking problem.
When your burger flippers are 90% brown people, you're probably better off enforcing rules like that.

As long as the kitchen is clean, hands are washed well, and the cooks are drug addicts. I live in a upper middle class area though so thats never an issue.

Depends if you're cooking or just prepping shit that's lukewarm.

As long as you wash your hands it's ok to use ungloved hands as a chef.

Any sort of glove that they use can cause negative effects on the preparation of the food. Plastics can change the flavour, cloth can absorb the moisture.

Skin is perfect for prepping food because it is oily.

This doesn't look american, at all.

i dont care either way
i prefer to cook without gloves

Thats indeed swiss.
Se en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette

>here sir let me just take a nice and hot shit on your plate

As someone who's worked as a cook many years in professional kitchens, this is a stupid idea. Cooks already wear finger cots if there is a good reason to put a barrier between themselves and the food, otherwise washing your hands is sufficient.

>How do you feel about chefs not wearing gloves?
Touching food that's to be served to other people with your bare hands? Yeah, that's all good, nothing could be wrong with that.

>Charcuterie & salade dans une raclette
>Suisse

Nope. Smells froggy to me.

Requiring gloves doesn't solve the problem and creates plenty of new ones. If the chefs are so disgusting that they don't wash their hands after they poop, how often do you think they will change gloves? They will probably be wearing the gloves while they're on the toilet because they're too lazy to change gloves.

No one wants their food touched by your filthy dick beaters!

That just gave me a huge boner

A glove is just as unsanitary as their hand if they are not regularly changed. Why not just wash your hands?

If you get your stomach ill from restaurant food they would go bankrupt. Fast food is another thing. I dont trust kebabs making kebab so i dont buy from them.

Because enacting government control over people even if you don't witness the actual effects is more addictive than cocaine

Sounds great, I don't want some Mexican with shitty hands that doesn't wipe after taking a dump in their local porto-potty handling food prep. Theres no way all chefs and people handling food prep wash their hands religiously.

Their skin, hair, sweat and saliva are in your food anyway.

>serving the rind
Pic related

I'm a chef and I don't wear gloves. Granted I wash my hands every 10 minutes/when I touch things that could contaminate ready to eat food. Being in a 100 degree kitchen all day with fucking latex gloves on sucks. The gloves fill with sweat after like 10 minutes

In a decent society like the one we used to have in this country, wearing gloves wouldn't be necessary because chefs would keep their hands clean and would have a sense of respect for the people they're cooking for.

In the mestizo-infected land that is modern California, they probably need a law like that because of all the vibrant people who don't wash their hands. Once a society goes down the road of needing the state to pass a law for every little thing, surprise surprise you end up with a population that will only do things properly in response to regulation by the state.

We need to stop passing unenforceable laws period, the fact that these asshats are debating this as an issue is infuriating.

>T. Commiefornia political prisoner

Then cook at home. Do you know what it's like to cook 7 courses for 120 people on the fly? I really don't give a fuck how customers feel about us not wearing gloves.

Except mexicans working for minimum wage don't wash their hands.

I have pancreatitis right and now and this killed me.

Pointless and wasteful. Gloves create a false sense of cleanliness that actually leads to more cross contamination.

I'd look at the restaurant before looking at how people handle the food. Some of them have that duck so far inside the freezer, until a fucker like you comes along and wants a special dish

Ok i will, I wish you the best in finding a new career as people won't eat out now.

This
>change your globes every fucking two minutes.
Go fuck yourself

I recently talked to a former health inspector who now runs a restaurant that says the same thing. It makes sense to me, you can feel when your bare hands are dirty but when you are wearing a gloved hand it always just feels like a glove.

Also taking off gloves and putting new ones on is way more annoying than washing your hands.

So you'll eat a piece of a dead animal but you're afraid of living hands touching it? Not a vegfag but think about it.

So lobh as he takes precautions to clean his hands they should be fine. Gloves can get dirty too.

Also it's a huge thing in fast food, the people that clean the bathrooms/floors are the same that prepare your food, and do you think they give a shit to change their gloves? That's why chipotle has had so many instances of e. coli, they purposely go out of their way to hire the most liberal faggots possible, who are dumb and lazy so the standards for cleanliness end up much lower.

Seems dumb. The gloves aren't magically immune from dirt and germs so there's still washing involved

>tfw I killed the restaurant industry with one post

the best food doesnt require gloves to prepare

pic related

Yeah you better cook my food you cuck bitch

Des sauvages ces frouzes...

Friend of mine got a nasty bug from eating at a turk run pizza shop. Hospital said it came from ingesting human feces

If you wash your hands it doesn't matter.

Looks delicious, what cheese this is?

>2016
>not liking cheese

non-white detected

Mandatory

that's gotta be the most disgusting thing I've seen in a while

>michelin star mexican "chefs"

>just throw everything in there
>mexican food

Every upper class restaurant is filled with druggie chefs.

>oops almost forgot the rind

t-thanks

t. lactose intolerant coon

don't give a fuck about chefs, if its an assembly line type place then gloves could work and they don't scatch their arse

do you wedar gloves when you cook ?
no, you wash your hands
californians are all faggots anyway

This.

>Everybody shits on american cuisine for being slathered in cheese
>Think that is somehow refined
Fat fucks

>no charcuterie with his raclette

>"British food"

Kek this law is absolutely necessary. There is a strong correlation between people employed in food service and absolutely filthy mouthbreathers.

I was a chef for 10 years.

Apart from being able to make better food at home than restaurants can make for me, the shit that goes on in 90% of kitchens is disgusting, and I refuse to eat the food made by them.

People dont follow proper safety guidelines. They forget to wash their hands all the time. They touch their face or hair and then your food. They usually have cuts on their hands and fingers and keep touching your food anyway without gloves. If a cook is sick they usually come in anyway, coughing and sneezing around the kitchen, again touching your food with their sickly hands.

Minoritys are the worst when it comes to cleanliness. They have no problem picking their nose or their teeth, and then grabbing a handful of lettuce. or wiping their runny nose on their sleeve, letting it spread around ontpo everything they rub up against.

That looks unsanitary. UKuck is truly disgusting.

holy fuck what cheese is that?

I remember I once thought I'd try a kebab from a shop near me. I walked in and could tel immediately it was a shitty place and their hygiene as awful. There were some turks making food and I noticed a few cockroaches! I decided to cancel my order and complain so I went to the head cockroach and said "this place is disgusting, there are Turks running about your food preparation area"

Come to my restaurant leaf. I'll make sure to take extra care of you

Nothing wrong with not wearing gloves as long as you wash your hands and dry them properly. Used to make pizza and we were asked to wash our hands every time we returned to the kitchen. Gloves are okay too, but its a waste if you have to change out gloves each time.

Lol fucking this. Also
>people that never worked let alone in the food market discussing the usefulness of gloves lol

If you wash your hands and the food gets cooked, there is no need for gloves. Best pizza chain in America doesn't use gloves. And they use better ingredients. Papa Johns.

A glove does nothing for sanitation unless you change them every time you touch anything. And you know they don't change them at all. A hand is perfectly sanitary if you wash them before preparing the food.

i don't mind eating a drop of someones sweat of a flake of skin or whatever
kinda turns me on

As an ex chef, worked in gastropubs and fine dining in 3 different countries, 10 years experience, you don't want people forced to wear gloves.

No one will change them nd they are just as dirty as hands. The risk for cross contamination is higher, and fuck me they are uncomfortable in that heat.

Don't turn this sexual, that's the last thing we need. Imagine some dumb skank finding a hair in her soup then screaming rape and then the places gets shut down and a man goes to jail...I can see it now.

>ruining world class alp cheese with cheap french shit.

No thanks.

If they don't clean their hands do you think they make the effort to keep changing gloves?

it's better food and hygiene than golden corral type places you fat fucks stuff all you can fit inside your greasy fat fucking maws.

Not to mention unless you coat your hands in corn starch after wahsing, gloves are a pain in the dick to get back on

You don't need to wear gloves unless you're a complete slob.

Just wash your hands for 20-30 seconds with hot soapy water and you're good to go.

>webm

MY
DICK

>making your salad
>not tossing it

You had one job.

I fucking hate how everyone is a germaphobic pussy nowadays

Chefs should not wear gloves.

Gloves do not magically kill all bacteria.

They are sterile inside their box, but not after you have taken them out and used them.

Chefs wash their hands, but chefs do not wash their gloves.

In molecular biology you only wear gloves to protect yourself from something toxic or when working in a sterile enviroment. And in the second case you need to toss them alot and you need to sterilize them.

tl;dr:
Gloves are a shitty meme, washed hands are much more hygienic.

Food fag here. Every time you touch food with gloves they get dirty and you need to wash or change them. You can't use same cutting board or knife if you work with meat and vegetables because it can cause cross contamination. It's cleaner to wash your hands every time after dealing with different items in the kitchen.

>american not even knowing his own "cuisine"
literally kill yourself

That's why I only eat food I cooked myself or industrial preserves sterilized in packaging.

Eating out is for the lazy and the pretentious.

The goal of gloves is to save time.
Changing gloves is a lot faster than washing your hands

Touching everything with the same pair of gloves is going to be just as unsanitary as not wearing any gloves at all.

Fuck no, I don't want glove residue all over my food.

I want that

They should wear gloves, its the best way to prevent contamination and shit

>all those different sauces and seasonings

brown people are so fucking tasteless

>Gloves do not magically kill all bacteria.
Its not about killing bacteria its to prevent retards from touching some shit with their hands then touching the food.

Its not even about sterility its about just staying clean and preventing food borne illness from transferring.

I don't eat out.

My son what the fuck is that???

But you understand most people preparing food for sale are not "chefs", right?
I've seen a guy that was sweeping the floor stop, walk into the back, and immediately open a container of cheese and start playing. At one point he even touched his shirt and then went back to playing with the cheese.

A couple weeks later as I was leaving I heard a dog barking at the back door and saw people making their way to the door to talk to whoever had it. I have no doubt at least one of them petted the dog and went back to making the food.
>inb4 why the fuck do I still go there
Its cheap as fuck and better than any other place here.

The chef that never washes his hands will simply become the chef that never changes his gloves.

It's stupid and will result in nothing more than forcing restaurants to buy a shitton of gloves.

well I just jizzed

agreed, the cheese didnt come out of a can and doesnt apear to be half plastic.

>1 post by this ID