Let's discuss about catalan culture, i really think it's great

Let's discuss about catalan culture, i really think it's great

Attached: Bandera_de_Cataluña.png (800x533, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XhLrGuQpr80
youtube.com/watch?v=xCY28avs3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=Awv5snyiCsI
youtube.com/watch?v=jFhQh2ZXDfo
youtube.com/watch?v=xRFyGDTaHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=UbwO5fw3LIs
youtube.com/watch?v=-gnJtZFyzZA
youtube.com/watch?v=gV7XWdt72Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=xMaydZp_J30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get real, you only like catalonia because you hate spain

>because you hate spain
i don't

I like Spain and the various regional Spanish cultures, and really Iberia in general but I'm partial to Portugal and Catalonia.

Attached: Bed.jpg (4048x3036, 2.94M)

What's good about it?

their music
youtube.com/watch?v=XhLrGuQpr80

what does "im partial" mean?
i thought you were the anti-spain mexican poster, sorry for assuming that
heres some more folklore music from spain
youtube.com/watch?v=xCY28avs3CI

He is, his name is Beto and he cries about Spain, Ireland and jews in /brit/

Attached: Beto_cucked.jpg (900x600, 100K)

>i thought you were the anti-spain mexican poster
LOL

>im partial
I have a preference towards them

is it true that catalans are ""cucks""

hey

comfy

Moltes gracies.

Attached: diningroom.jpg (3036x4048, 2.84M)

I'm a Catalan and although I don't hate it, I don't see what's too important about it.
For some reason, most Catalan important musicians seem to shine the most when writing music with Castillian influence.Musicians like Enrique Granados or Isaac Albéniz, some of the best Romantic composers of Spain were Catalan, yet they embraced their Spain roots with no problems.
The only musician with overt Catalanist beliefs that I can name off the top of my head is Pau Casals.

There's this one medieval song I know by this Catalan poet but IIRC it's in Early Italian. youtube.com/watch?v=Awv5snyiCsI

Yeah in the 12th century and in general the medival period there aremore important Catalan composers -some of which composed profane songs in Catalan-, but I can't name any without looking them up since it's not music I listen to in my free time.

Wasn't Aragon the most powerful Iberian kingdom for a while?

It also seems that somewhat earlier there was a point where most Iberian poets composed in Galician-Portuguese.

Catamuslinia is 97% muslim and men can have 4 wives.

I have a Catalan friend and she's paler than my wh*Toid ass

I will use a scvreen of you next time a feminist tells me there is no "asking for it"

Better flag

Attached: dIJvD5P.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

speak catalan for us please

Give me like 8 seconds first

Don't be bad

Escriure en català em sembla bastant més difícil que en castellà, desu.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Estic fins als collons de tots vosaltres.

>Estic fins als collons de tots vosaltres.
wow
això no es molt agradable

el catalan es un idioma que medio se puede entender para el que habla español
do you also speak catalan??

>això no es molt agradable
I'm just fucking with you famic.

I was studying it a lot a year ago, spoke it a bit with the hut guards when I was in Andorra. I want to get back into it some time but for now i want to focus on becoming fluent in Portuguese.

how much do you dominate it?

Not sure what you're asking Juan, but I didn't get too far in it. I don't really have the chance to use it much, either.

You don't bring any girl there, isn't it?

el lenguagn catala es ben divertit, ya que es un mem, 8 segunds

I don't bring anyone in here. I don't have any friends.

Attached: wojakhands.png (509x619, 8K)

no seas malo

>being a retarded Sup Forumsfag
glory to katalozskya

Attached: better spain.png (1290x974, 385K)

the only ones who really deserve their own nation are the basques

Why ?
that seems very arbitrary
also the basque have alreayd a lot of monteray benefits and special treatment, they basically manage their own taxes and only pay like 1% to the central government for things like roads.

Why do you disregard your ethnic identity in favor of Spain's?

Why are Galicians so pro-madrid compared to Catalonia and the Basque country?

Also why are Catalan, Galician, and Basque thriving while Asturian, Leonese, and Aragonese are mostly extinct?

>also the basque have alreayd a lot of monteray benefits and special treatment, they basically manage their own taxes and only pay like 1% to the central government for things like roads.
they are truly the chads of regional nationalists

Don't misinterpret me, I don't dislike being Catalan and i'm not ashamed of it, even though i don't want to secede.
It's just that when it comes to music, Catalan folk and traditional music doesn't tell me much, even though historically there's been we've had a lot of talent.

>Why are Galicians so pro-madrid?
what do you mean? the people don't vote nationalistic parties in galicia because they don't think they would benefit from it.
>thriving
define thriving? population-wise?
Asturias and Galicia share a lot of culture, they are very close in traditions and history you could almost consider them a part of a single thing.
igual te gusta este video
youtube.com/watch?v=jFhQh2ZXDfo

No, at least not in iberia.
Aragon was absurdly decentralized and they could never raise a proper army.
Some catalonians, the almogavares wrecked some shit in byzantium tho.

>thriving?
In how widely spoken the languages are
>what do you mean? the people don't vote nationalistic parties in galicia because they don't think they would benefit from it.
It just seems there's no independence movement. In Catalonia it seems to be driven by the fact that a lot of people feel like Madrid is using Catalonia to fund the rest of Spain. I'm a bit less familiar with the basques, though. Funny story, a friend of mine in Portugal had ETA terrorists living on her street.

I support Catalan independence.

Attached: catalan flag.png (2000x1333, 2K)

galicia is mainly populated by dumb old people who vote pp
young people in cities are retarded and vote podemos/mareas which are anti-spain pseudocommunists, feminsts and cucks in general but they do not actually matter.
BNG is a meme.

>galicia is mainly populated by dumb old people who vote pp
>young people in cities are retarded and vote podemos/mareas
all of those parties are disgusting

I don't know too much about Spanish politics but C's seem alright.

I used to be sympathetic to Catalan separatism and as much as Spain dun goof'd during the referendum, Puigdemont et al dun goof'd even harder.

medieval galician was considered more melodic and better for singing
youtube.com/watch?v=xRFyGDTaHD0
>languages
well asturian is like an odd mix of galician and castillian. galician has more historical relevance so it prevailed.
You have lots of dialects everywhere, you can't consider all of them independent languages.
Also basque is just fucking hard, and isnt related to ANY other language so of course it doesn't have many speakers
if it wasnt for old people C's would have probably won, but with an overwhelming PP vote due to old farts it seems that change is not possible.
we're gonna be stuck with the populist left and the conservative right for a while.

Attached: pontevedrum.jpg (300x387, 33K)

C's is basically merkel cock sucking but seems like the best option, but rivera is catalonian so nope
PSOE is dead, pdro snchz killed it
Podemos is vomitive
PP does not solve anything, they just mantain the status quo
VOX is a meme
PACMA is for tree hugging fucks

I just want Macron to invade us pls

>medieval galician was considered more melodic and better for singing
This one usually comes to mind for me

>asturian
A catalan friend of mine tells me it sounds like Galician to her. I can read pretty much all the Iberian languages to some degree since I taught myself Portuguese, except Basque for the reasons you mentioned, and Asturian definitely feels closer to Galician/Portuguese than Spanish to me. There's actually a dialect of it spoken in a valley in Northern Portugal, IIRC.

>we're gonna be stuck with the populist left and the conservative right for a while
That's how it's going here desu. The Democrats weren't great but they're quitting their centrist platform. "Whoops, we let Trump win, time to go full Barnie Sandlers xD"

>but rivera is catalonian
He (and Cs) are against separatism tho. In fact the whole point of Cs starting was being anti-nationalist and pro-European.

Attached: 1520993130465.png (608x2584, 831K)

That galician song really songs great

>He (and Cs) are against separatism tho. In fact the whole point of Cs starting was being anti-nationalist and pro-European.
aunque la mona se vista de seda mona se queda
rivera is from catalonia and i am not voting for a catalonian president
also they change their principles every other week, i am not against the center but it is just too much
also arrimadas is fucking dumb even if she is qt

are you a spaniard living in america or just a guy interested on spain

soy español hermano mexicano

>This one usually comes to mind for me
Whoops, forgot the link youtube.com/watch?v=UbwO5fw3LIs

I've heard people say C's is the Spanish Macron/LREM but that seems like an over simplification.

I just want the west to move away from all this populist horseshit honestly, and if anyone can stop that I'll support them.

What are you doing here? Living? Visiting?

que gracioso si estas en california o nuevo mexico

As a Galician, Asturian sounds closer to medieval spanish than actual Galician or Portuguese..
>There's actually a dialect of it spoken in a valley in Northern Portugal, IIRC.
thats Mirandés i think.
and yeah here the new left is manily reactionarian too, getting most of their votes from people that just hate conservative parties and want to stop the patriarchy/economic elite or whatever.
glad you enjoy mexibro, we study about this in school a bit
if you simplify things to "pro-EU economic liberalism" then yes
they are basically liberal in the social stuff, but also in the economic side of things.

is the galician language a mix of portugese and spanish?

>I've heard people say C's is the Spanish Macron/LREM but that seems like an over simplification.
Similar but Macron has got more presence and actually looks like he is going to change something.
rivera is just a clown you would not vote for that guy unless all the others are worse.
fell for the american education meme, finishing next year
texas

ahh tambien tejas tiene mucha influencia española,
acaso no te han confundido de que eres mexicano?

>Mirandés
Yep, that's what I was talking about. The pronunciation/accent for it is Portuguese as fuck, though. youtube.com/watch?v=-gnJtZFyzZA

To me it almost sounds like just a very very thick Nortenho PT accent.

Portuguese with very high spanish influence.
Some yanks but I look kinda like an average whitoid so they do not notice until I talk

Kind of. Portuguese actually developed out of medieval Galician. Spoken it basically sounds like Portuguese with a Spanish accent. youtube.com/watch?v=gV7XWdt72Vo

youtube.com/watch?v=xMaydZp_J30 Since this is semi-related, how much does this sound like normal Spanish? I can understand most of this, and if I didn't know any better I'd just assume it was a dialect of Spanish.

surprising that spain has a lot of cultures, yet it seems that you fight each other over that

>vid
thats pretty cool! sounds like galician but they pronounce the S like in portuguese and use a lot of castillian words. its like the point where the 3 languages collide i guess.
not exactly.
Galician and portuguese both come from old galician
Then after years of separation they evolved in different ways. Galician is closer to spanish pronunciation.
sounds like a foreigner that uses some words incorrectly or in an odd way. for a second i thought it was some south american guy speaking spanish normally.

Attached: Linguistic_map_Southwestern_Europe.gif (400x363, 167K)

How would the average Catalan family react to their daughter or son marrying a C*stillian?

>marrying a c*stilloid
Sacrifice her to the Generalitat between two burning flags of Spain while singing the catalan anthem

Attached: catalanes-004_850x548_e53eb521.jpg (850x548, 133K)

That's one thing I wish we had in the US, once you get outside of ethnic enclaves in major cities, it's English English English.

We do have a few French speaking towns in New England (spillover from Quebec), there used to be a French enclave in Missouri too. And of course Louisiana is famous for it's French diaspora but that's mostly gone.

There used to be a unique dialect of German spoken in Wisconsin, too. My grandparents (both born in Burgerstan) spoke it as their first language growing up, actually. My dad remembers his parents switching to German when they didn't want the kids to hear.

i read that german was quite common in the USA, but then WW1 happened and they stopped speaking it to avoid being vilyfied

Reddit numale, the bedroom.

i guess your country doesn't want regional nationalists

the only catalan musicians I know are morti and carlos ann

>its like the point where the 3 languages collide i guess.
Their rhythm sounds pretty Portuguese to me, too. It's crazy how much diversity there is in terms of accents in a country as tiny as Portugal.

Kinda a funny story about Galician I have, when I was in Barcelona over summer I bought these chips at a grocery store and the label was in Castilian, Basque, Catalan, and Galician. I was reading the Galician and thought "this is some really weird Portuguese" until I realized what was up.

Regional languages (except for catalonian) mostly only survive because local governments support them.
Galician was considered a spanish dialect spoken by dumb rural people.
Basque had to standardize in the 80s because regional basque dialects were dying.
Other "languages" like fabla or asturian are memes.
Catalonian is the only one that has a healthy speaking population (valencian is catalonian too).
Autonomus communities were created because muh 2nd republic, muh Franco and muh evil centralism.
Normal spaniards now hate them because they are wasteful and give privileges to regions like the basque country and catalonia, and have lead to the creation of "mafias" like pnv in euskadi, "ciu" in catalonia and PSOE in andalusia.

Attached: 911B2CEE-7380-4A88-902F-61A272E35D33.gif (176x320, 3.71M)

the virgin catalan vs the chad basque

>Autonomus communities were created because muh 2nd republic, muh Franco and muh evil centralism.
it was mostly for franco

>Normal spaniards now hate them
i dont think normal spaniards think that much, but it really is a mess of a system, confusing and inequal.
i think most people would be ok with a federation-type government system, but it won't happen anytime soon.

I can see why, too, considering the conflict that's caused in Canada and Spain. France took the approach of trying to nuke their regional languages. In the year 1800, about half the country spoke Occitan. With the rise of nationalism, they discouraged schoolchildren from speaking it and now it's almost extinct (there's a dialect of it spoken in a single value in Catalonia and some old people in rural southern france speak it, and it's on street signs in Toulouse).

Some of it is also what said.

You hear a lot more about muh heritaging from Irish Americans and Italian Americans, but German Americans are actually the most common, especially here in the midwest. I guess German-American culture is mostly dairy farmers, rural Wisconsin, sausage, etc., so it doesn't really have the iconic status of mobsters, St. Patrick's day, etc.

Muh heritage memes aside, the German influence is definitely real in Wisconsin, especially in the cuisine (pic related) and religion, so it wasn't all nuked by the world wars.

Attached: Wisconsin_Bratwurst.jpg (1000x667, 102K)

Don't know, i've been talking to people and the opinion is starting to change, some of my friends that were hardcore psoe/podemos few years ago are starting to say shit about them.
I'd prefer to do like france and just outright kill any autonomy but just leave catalonia, basque country and galicia teach their meme languages at school.
I was in the midwest and it just looked like generic american culture, like what you would see in a movie.

Where in the midwest exactly? I mean, yeah, go to Wisconsin and the houses and towns look pretty typical burger, but the regional cuisine is definitely german-influenced (especially sausages and breads, like semmel rolls). Luthernaism is quite prominent up there, as well.

The only way for Spain lo leave behind its regional and overbureacratic problems is by adopting the French centralised system, removing the autonomic system and their main competences (finance, education, police corps etc.) as regional governments have only proved to be infested of corruption, redundant workplaces paid with state’s money. Let alone the political indoctrination especially in Catalan and Balear schools and how much of a political police “mossos d’esquadra” clearly are (openly supporting independence and spying on spanish politicians and central police police corps).
Madrid needs to have all the power the same way Paris does in France. That’s the only way Spain can be saved.

Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pensylvannia (midwest part not philly).

I mean maybe those parts are different but, where I went just looked generic.

Bon dia, anons.
Preparing for another day in Hellcelona right now.

Attached: 1481060958990.jpg (785x757, 237K)

Forgot to mention the crazy linguistic persecution the Spanish (Castilian) language is suffering in Catalonia and also in Balearic Islands lately. A Catalan policeman can loose his job for writing down a fine in Spanish instead of Catalan.l, that’s just one example. In Balearic Islands many doctors of medicines are leaving because they are being required a Catalan certificate of language to work now. Disgusting, I can’t imagine of something like this happening in countries like Germany and France, where the state’s main language is “sacred”.

dumb frogposter

I'm from Illinois, I've been to all those states except Pennsylvania. Like I said any place you go will look like generic Burgerstan, I think you can't really truly experience the regional culture unless you are with someone's family, or go to the right kind of restaurant or butcher shop.

Attached: Port-Washington_Franklin-north_Jul09.jpg (3000x1740, 527K)

>what does "im partial" mean?

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Nowadays? Probably would not care that much. Nobody gets married anyway.

If you asked about 30-40 years ago... They would have been quite upset.
Even making "foreigner" (any castillian speaker) friends had a bad reputation.

It has to be noted, tho, that people from Castille per se were not the most hated at all. It was much worse to get along with people from Andalusia or Extremadura, for example.

>Andalusia or Extremadura
weren't they the ones who immigrated into Catalonia the most?

What changed? Are the Andalusian immigrants (I think you have a name for them?) considered Catalonian now?

>Nobody gets married anyway.
SAD

This only applies if the family was from a rural village somewhere lost in Gerona or Lérida, where they practice endogamy.