>woman ruins everything
at least they got something right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oraIZC98_78
3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But this reviewer liked the movie and she has pretty good opinions
youtube.com/watch?v=oraIZC98_78

Haven't seen movie yet but apparently reason it gets hate is because they rush a lot of stuff and the movie is around a love interest

I have never watched the anime so can someone tell me what Light's motivation is?

anime Light's motivation is to create a perfect world where evil doesn't exist. he starts to believe that he's god. it's pretty great. it was the first anime i watched when i decided to get into them

Movie Light's motivation is to get laid. And to kill all criminals because why not.

watching it now. Is lights dad played by the dude who played kramar?

>woman with a shit tastes
Nothing unusual here.

It's Shea Whigham user, but I can't blame you entirely since his hair is fucking ridiculous in it.

I had to IMDB him since I knew he was in something.

Honestly, I liked it more than I was expecting to.

Solid 7/10

I liked the first half of the anime series.

8/10

>I have never watched the anime so can someone tell me what Light's motivation is?
Basically he's a high school super chad who has a god complex and wishes to create a world where only the just and righteous will prosper and anyone who is corrupt or wicked shall perish.

Oh, it's out already. Is it as shit as everyone presumed?

Nah

3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm

Lakeith Stanfield is literally Mr Game and Watch, what a lanky faggot

>And to kill all criminals because why not.

To prove to his dad he could do better. Half the movie happens because he and his dad don't understand each other.

>le edgy women hating comment
>I'm just like you guys, please accept me before I kill myself because I'll never get laid :((((

I thought Willem Defoe was a good choice for Ryuk and I was right, plus they found a way to render him in the flesh that didn't look like shit but yeah, they cut way too much. Still, we've got plenty of room for sequels.

>le white knight comment
>surely someone will reward me with sex now
>i'm one of the good ones

>that scene where he just outright tells L that he's Kira
I mean literally everything he does before that is fucking stupid but that may be the moment where the stupidity peaks

Virgin run

anime Light is too intelligent for sex

10/10 teenage character

this bitch really killed the movie for me
currently have 45 minutes left because at least ill finish it
the light actor sucks and holy shit this movie is fucking bad man

this. In the movie he seems so horny, in the anime he uses women to get what he wants, pretty sure he is asexual or gay or something. In the movie he is such a pussy

I was surprised that it wasn't completely terrible

just like me

Paper Towns 2 : Death Note

This movie is like if Japan took Hannibal Lecter and turned him into a cute anime girl call Hanni-chan who with the help of a talking Starling called Clarissu becomes a magical girl that turns evil bad guys into food and eats them

Even if you did get evidence what Light was doing or he confessed, how could you even convict him? He literally just wrote names in a book, there's no precedent for magic shit

I'm quite certain that the law in any country allows for a conviction based on causing the death of others.

>how could you even convict him?
I'd just write his name in the book then burn it.
Case closed.

He could say he didnt know it was true and only used names from Sup Forums

You have to establish that the person is actually cause the deaths somehow. You can't convict someone of a crime that they cannot possibly have committed. You'd have to prove the existence of magic in court.

At least in America, under European law a confession is enough, or just the coincidence of death and names in the book.

Right except in your scenario Japan while doing this also has to be the home of all world entertainment media, the country that has Hollywood and which sets the standard worldwide, which spreads its material to every corner of the globe. And to the unwashed masses Hanni-chan *is* Hannibal Lecter. Because that version of the vision is the only version they will ever see. Because they want to watch Hanni-chan without subtitles. So Hanni-chan really might as well be the real thing. The original now.

the biggest fuck up is renaming him to light turner. they should have just stuck wth light yagami and cast some Asian fuck for bonus diversity points

see By doing that you can at least say "well they didn't fuck up Light Yagami at least, just some numale frosted tips beta"

>have to be 18+ to post etc etc

>tfw Dafoe's lines were done within 20 minutes
we could have had it all

Diversity doesn't include east asians

>Changing the main character's motivation from creating a crime-free utopia to being SO THIRSTY for pussy
They remade Light into the epitome of a pathetic angry virgin. If he hadn't found the death note he would have shot up his school because nobody wants to fuck him.

>be me
>have gf
>have lost virginity
>don't hate women
Really makes you think

>99% of Sup Forums's critic amounts to "its not like my weeb shit"

Wow you truly are an accomplished human being.

>to being SO THIRSTY for pussy

And father issues

Light was a Mary Sue faggot in the original series anyway. A million steps ahead of the super detective trained since birth to be a super detective, and only ends up losing in the very last episode, because it couldn't end any other way.

>99% of Sup Forums's critic amounts to "he just wanted pussy"
Fixed. It's not even fucking true since he argues with her over the Death Note on a regular basis and continues being Kira after she dies.

I don't pretend to be an accomplished human being user. But if simply having sex is enough to think like a grown-up then you've got to wonder what sort of manchildren are in this thread

Except it is true. He jeopardized everything by telling her about the death note in the first place. Why? Because he wanted to impress her and get in her pants. He was repeatedly shown to be using the death note as foreplay too. He killed people because it made her horny.

And because he thought he could do better than his dad at dispensing justice.

Except he had the very clear advantage of possessing literal Death God powers that are next to impossible to trace back to him. L was severely handicapped right up until he learned about what the Death Note could do, and then he was killed off just as he'd almost figured out Light's entire memory gambit plan.

>Doushite, Raito-kun?!

He's not a million steps ahead. He's permanently on the verge of being caught. Didn't he panic and wipe his memory because he was afraid he would tell L if he was interrogated too much?

>that hey bb wanna death note and chill scene
had to get up and pace around the room for 42 seconds

By a fucking supercheap trick that L could not possibly ever have seen coming. Like I said, Light was a Mary Sue faggot.

>Movie Light's motivation is to get laid
Well did he score at least? Because I'm pretty sure that original Light died a virgin, even with Misa lusting after his dick.
>That webm
Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?

>Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?
nah because they had to sell the supernatural nature of Ryuk
>ryuk destroying the ferris wheel by waving his hands around
Literally fucking what

And then he killed her. Not only that but he plotted her death in advance and left no way for her to survive, since his plan revolved around having HIS page get burned instead of hers. Light Turner may be more of a fucking human being than Light Yagami but he's still a scheming keikaku master at the end of the day.

yeah but then again who wouldn't?

yep, there was also that female detective that he had to outsmart and kill

>Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?

The movie is half a comedy in the same way You're Next was.

>Didn't he panic and wipe his memory because he was afraid he would tell L if he was interrogated too much?
No he wiped his memory because Misa was caught and had to come up with a plan to get inside to L, free Misa and himself of suspicion and then make sure that the Death Note finds its way back to him so that he can kill L.

She literally gave him her real name because he bluffed and charmed her. What a fucking retarded detective.

The ferrisswheel shit pissed me off too, or the whole implication that the death note influences ryuk into committing the murders

Thought the movie was kind of shit, but I watched it to the end. Read all the weebs praise of the original, so I read the storyline for that show. How the fuck is that ludicrous mess any better than the crap witnessed in this film?

Barely putting out a fire you intentionally started in your own home and still ending up in the hospital is not even close to keikaku.

>Anime L is killed because Misa infatuated a Shinigami
I think we can both agree she's the real Mary Sue here

>Well did he score at least?

He bangs the school's head cheerleader because she fortunately is horny for murder

>they had to sell the supernatural nature of Ryuk
Making him a reaper of souls wasn't enough? Dear God how stupid are Americans, or is it the Netflix audience I blame for this?

>Light gets all the OP shinigami powers, only held back by a few rules that L could not possibly ever know
>As soon as Light's in a corner, he gets to break even these few rules just to kill L with ease

>That scene where the FBI guys drop what they're doing and walk off
>"Oh cool, Light figured out he could control these guys and make them assassinate L"
>They all jump off of a roof instead
>"Oh."

With how air headed she is?
So he didn't die a virgin then.

I want to cuddle her and show her how to be compassionate for others.

I guess it also gives some extra separation of Light from his deeds, "it wasn't Light that killed those people it was the Death God that killed them!" same way Mia is now responsible for the deaths of the FBI agents, a major turning point in the original because it is Light blatantly eliminating not evil people but those who might stop him.

Are you both retarded? I thought it was clear that Ryuk was in on the whole thing. That ferris wheel collapsed because of the Death Note, Ryuk was just sitting back and watching. Those hand movements were just him being a dramatic fuck.

does L fucking slip his ass in that last shot and the director just cut to something else and left it like that???

Ryuk is a literal god, whatever is written in the Death Note he makes it happen, the book doesn't have any special powers of its own, it was literally all Ryuk's doing

Are you? They have a scene where pussy light is yelling at ryuk to stop it and that he changed his mind

So to put it simple, in the manga it's
>Write a name and that person will die however you write him to die. If you write nothing then they die from an heartattack
But in the Nextflix it
>Write a name and Ryuk will kill that person for you. If you write nothing he gives him an heartattack if you write something then he makes it happen

Watch the fucking movie. Light yelled at Ryuk because he thought he went off on his own and killed those FBI blokes. Then it turns out Mia was the one who killed them and Ryuk was just being smug about it.

iirc you can't use the note to make someone kill someone else, might be wrong though

Also Netflix isn't about light's ideology and justification after he gets scared by his first kill. It's ryuk telling people straight up he wants to separate the wheat from the chaff

Watari wasn't specified how he should die and he got uzi'd

It was always the second one, the death note only has any power because of Ryuk. They just didn't spell it out like they did in the film, but it sounds like they actually needed to for fucking retards like you.

>Those hand movements were just him being a dramatic fuck.
You're an idiot, seconds before Light shouts out RYUK I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK and then when Ryuk moves his hands the ferris wheel explodes, it wasn't dramatic, he was literally influencing it.

You can but you have to make separate entries, Light does that in the first Japanese movie when he makes Naomi kill his girlfriend

that's not the point the fucked up and made the death note and extension of ryuk and vice versa. the death note is supposed to be its own supernatural property that the shinigami just use as a tool

>It was always the second one
No it wasn't, the only involvement that the Shimigamis had was write their name and take the remaining years to their own lifespan. It's fucking magic in the original series

I actually liked what they did with her character probably because I hated Misa in anime. Of course it's not faithful to the source but she's probably one of the few things they didn't mess up.

Light definitely stuck his dick in that crazy

>people still claim light is a beta faggot loser
>people still blame mia
why don't you faggots watch the entire movie before commenting? the last 20 minutes is entirely orchestrated by light. he tells his father how he wrote mia's death using the ferris wheel and saved himself. he never wanted to save her.

Love how we started seeing lights cold and calculating ways at the last 5 minutes. I hope in the next movie he's like that the entire flick

Yeah. That's precisely what he's talking about when he's invoking lessor of two evils.

The book in her complete control would have been some serious shit.

See
>In the Netflix adaptation Ryuk tricks people into thinking they're killing others by giving them an ordinary notebook and making whatever they write down happen
Literally nothing wrong with this

That nigger Etika live stream the movie and got triggered so much when watching the movie

It's stated he does it because Ryuk is just terribly bored, he also constantly calls it a game. Having a human decide and struggle with the consequences is part of the fun

>Ferris wheel destined to explode because Light wrote it into the Death Note
>Ryuk knows this
>It's hilarious
>"RYUK I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK"
>Too late kid, its out of both of our hands now
>Boom hahahaha there she blows *moves hands*
I don't see what's so hard to grasp here

>The Death Note can now kill things other then humans

This. Whether or not he's the one actually killing people doesn't really change anything since he's still fooling humans into thinking they're the ones doing all the killing. It's a game to him either way.

>Light's entire plan fucks up because he forgot to write down the ferris wheel's name
Should have ended like this desu

>Too late kid, its out of both of our hands now
>Boom hahahaha there she blows *moves hands*
Are you retarded or what?

So if they wrote down "The World economy" in the Death Note then the world economy would die as well? Jesus this version of the Death Note is OP

The conditions written in the Death Note require events that are physically possible, that's the only limitation in that regard. They establish that from the first kill in the movie.