Want to go "back" to Ireland

I'm at least 75% Irish and the rest is a mix of other celt,anglo-saxon, and regular saxon and I'm feeling very alone in a country like America where everyone else gets to have a cultural identity. How might things go if I went to Ireland? How do they view Irish-Americans? I actually look very Irish and I think have a lot of Irish values and attitudes.

Attached: qqegstvnhcpmneq8s2q2.jpg (800x450, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you fucking care? you're not irish, stop pretending that you are

I'm 75% irish ethnically too with parents that moved over from ireland, but I'm still not irish. why do americans never understand this?

t.

Attached: 1518832179082.jpg (819x1024, 142K)

M
U
T
T

This

Attached: 152A0A95-8DDC-4A1A-920D-CE224B9478B5.png (287x238, 178K)

Why are you so triggered by OP?

Because I want to be part of a real country and not one that uses "white male" as a slur, I'm very proud of the IRA's rebellion against the British and I think the country they made for themselves is very respectable.

because he's a mong
mong

Go there but don't LARP about being Irish. Just accept that you'll be a burger mutt moving into Ireland. Next find and marry qt Irish gal. Then your kids will in time be able to call themselves Irish. That's the best you can hope for.

You'll only ever be an American though. Naturalised Irish perhaps, but never actual Irish.

What's the remaining 25%?

A gook born and raised in Ireland will always be considered more Irish than you. I know lots of Irish people and have been to Ireland myself, and they loathe muh heritage Americans. Maybe loathe is too strong of a word, but they will always see you as a stupid poser American and make fun of you until you shut up about it. They're nice people, but you're probably one their culture's least favorite type of person.

Barely
That's basically my plan, but I'd hope to get to a point where people wouldn't think of me purely as an American. If I picked up an accent I could probably blend in, Irish women are hot too.
In the American view naturalized and native are equal, take that as you will
I stated in the original post, white british isles/german

>Irish women are hot too.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA OHNONONONONONONOO

which is funny because ireland is easily the most americanised country in europe. some young people in dublin almost even sound american.

Wherever in Ireland you'd settle, once married ofc, I think people would eventually accept you as part of their community. Just as long as you don't larp about muh heritage.

Do it, friend

Attached: IMG_20180313_220454.jpg (512x512, 42K)

>Irish women are hot too

Attached: 1507259674652.png (300x300, 3K)

Cillian Murphy has such a weird eerie face and yet is so f--- hawt. How does he do that?

Which ones look better. Irish gals or British slags?

strong jaw, high cheekbones, pale blue eyes
simples

You're american get over it loser.

objectively anglos and it's not even a contest
the irish are very ugly people

Aside from that though, the Irish love Americans. It's a lovely country. Just listen to If you really wanna LARP, after a few months there and if you can nail the accent, you can go to restaurants and stores and try to fit in for fun. But let me tell you, everyone on earth can spot an American a mile away. While obviously it's a different country, I've read that Chinese can tell Chinese Americans apart just from how they walk, if that gives you any idea. There's nothing wrong about being born in America, and it's a good way to meet new people (especially qts who like our accents) and an interesting, easy conversation topic. However, everyone will think you're fucked in the head for trying to pretend you are Irish in heart and soul.

Really? Never been to UK or Ireland, but just looking at the actors from both countries I thought Irish men are way better looking. Idk about women tho. Can you post average Irish gal compared to average British slag?

you can move there but you'll always be a rootless, cosmopolitan, consumerist american whose family tossed out their traditions for a cable package like the rest of us
just accept it and you'll be happier

Attached: 1510320625694.png (620x463, 59K)

>In the American view naturalized and native are equal, take that as you will
You're not going to be around Americans though.

dios mio... el ogro americano.... la creatura obscura...... el chucho misterioso..... el impostor irlandes.......

¡salvarnos dios!

Attached: 1520161888862.png (680x537, 135K)

>muh roots

You're American. Deal with it.

You're definitely not wrong
I still think oneyng has to be faking his fucking accent, there's no way. To be fair, the generalized American accent I think is closer to a typical Irish than a typical southern english accent. It's pretty easy to imagine lots of Irish people with American accents
>*nglos
>unbiased about the Irish
Both of you look kinda inbred, yet still have that 10/10 Celtic phenotype of pale skin, dark hair, blue eyes, and freckles

>I'm irish can't wait to see the old folks back home ~_^

you must be pretty damn stoked for St.Paddy's day, huh?
gonna crack a couple guiness...? maybe drink some tulmore dew....
jesus christ

I'm not anglo mate, as I said before my parents came to Australia from Ireland

The Irish are ugly. Celts are not good looking people.

Ireland is not a real country. It never existed until the British created it. It was founded by filthy terrorists and has about as much legitimacy as the tin-pot dictatorships left behind by European empires in Africa.

Here's the reality of the rebellion you're so proud of:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

>pale skin
REEEEEEEEEE whitey invaders get out

Attached: 01-cheddar-man-Credit-Channel-4-Plimsol-Productions-2.jpg (2048x1365, 293K)

someone's UPSET

Attached: 1515628471584.gif (700x700, 96K)

I wouldn't talk about it 24/7, maybe I'd mention why I moved to my drinking pals but I want something real, that's the whole point. America is one big larp.

>America where everyone else gets to have a cultural identity
this is the actual problem user.
wh*tes aren't allowed an identity in america

Attached: RockwellPhotoGlobe_retouched.jpg (1240x999, 433K)

>I want something real, that's the whole point. America is one big larp.
you're fucking deluded

> Irish values and attitudes

Alcoholism and Wife beating?

how about the actual irish give me their take on my drunken ramblings

You dont get it, America is nothing but a bunch of platitudes and minorities. Any "American" culture was killed off ages ago, anything you could point to as an example of American exceptionalism, glory, or freedom I could find a million counter examples to. White people are being slowly repressed here while everyone else gets to play identity politics.

you're right, but the same shit is happening to ireland. do you really want to go there, just to see it be the same way?
and don't you think we need you in the US to fight this wave off? if everyone leaves to their "homeland" we lose.

despite stupid events in college everyone else's cultural identities also evaporate into the ether
everyone in america basically abides by a very boring, faceless, consumerist social norms
mexicans are tequila and burritos, asians are chinatown and sushi, etc
what's missing is not separated by an ethnic divide, it's that there's nothing special in just being around people anymore and everything of value comes from how much money you make and what you spend it on

there are elements of truth to all of
you'll probably be liked as long as you don't go on about your >heritage
also our women ARE good-looking, there just aren't many famous ones

Attached: myAWm7y.gif (320x495, 1.97M)

>America is nothing but a bunch of platitudes and minorities.

Hasn't it been like that since the beginning?

Come here if you want OP, I won't care. Personally I always cringe when I see Irish people try to look down on Americans as if we're somehow superior. I mean they're a world superpower while we have a national average IQ of 92 and have little achievement in inventions and science. Not to mention all that America has done for us such as taking in our famine victims, helping to promote peace between us and Britain, contributing to our economy by basing a lot of their companies here, their general interest in Ireland making us more relevant globally, they let Irish people into their country easier than a lot of others, etc. I mean Ireland is a small, irrelevant country on the grand scale of things so we should be happy about any interest we get from abroad, not trying to discourage it. So while coming here and acting Irish will make you look like you have no self-awareness, the Irish who mock you still have even less self-awareness