Afghanistan was one of the original countries with a majority Buddhist population...

Afghanistan was one of the original countries with a majority Buddhist population. The country used to be full of ancient 2,000 year old statues, but the Taliban has destroyed most of them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Afghanistan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc
youtube.com/watch?v=SysVdlG6uuo
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/150901-isis-destruction-looting-ancient-sites-iraq-syria-archaeology/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhara
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope that some day Afghans can revert back to Buddhism, and Persians return to Zoroastrianism.

seems like a down grade for them. a system with no requirement for belief and a more flexible view on morality based on if actions help others or hinder them

vs

do what this book says or we will stone you to death

Such a shame that the Taliban is destroying thousands of years of pre-Islamic culture and history.

BENIS :DDDD

Islam is a virus

Yeah Taliban is destroying them cause the (((UN))) thinks that these statues are worth more than the lives of the Afghans.

They say that the UN cares more about a bunch of rocks over their lives which has to do with THEIR heritage, over their own lives, so they say to hell with it.

Taliban is based

Buddhists can't have nice things once islam moves in. Why is the Dali Lama so pissed at them?

this is the first time iv been triggered on pol, congrats.

The alt right (any right wing ideological strain outside the mainstream orthodoxy) is deemed racist hitler because we think bringing these faggots here en masse is fucking stupid, and that education in the federal daycare/brainwashing centers, free hugs, will never be enough to change their culture and ethnic temperament.

Those statues survived under Islam for Generations, this has nothing to do with Islam.

This has to do with the foreign imposed genocide on them, they are pissed that a bunch of shitty rocks of THEIR own heritage are seen as a greater value then the lives of their own children.

They say to hell with it, and then America sends cruise missiles cause their lives don't matter.

They are literally being forced upon them the immorality of capitalism, hell they are the ones destroying their heritage but then scream "NOT THE BUDDHIST STATUES", these aren't a people that see a bunch of "history" as greater value than their own lives, specifically in hard times imposed on them by a bunch of imperial powers.

Reminder that in Germany they were considering kicking Germans out of their apartments so they could be redesignated into refugee complexes. So that they could host many of the same people who did this Tolerance and diversity is just a lack of an immune system. If the wrong competing viral ideology comes along, its finished.

Sorry that not all Mediterranean rebel groups aren't evil blood sucking demonic terrorists... That have actual brains and lives I guess...

youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc

What does this have to do with the Buddhist statues?

Again, those statues survived under Islamic rule for Generations ever since the Afghans were supposedly Buddhists.

I'm not saying don't hate on Islam, but you accidentally dropping your fine china doesn't mean Islam is at fault.

the taliban's big crime here was ruining all those millions of future selfies for generations of gap year backpackers

>Mediterranean

Dont get fooled by MSM condemning Sandpeople.

I've found the true culprit.

This is exactly what all the wars are about.

youtube.com/watch?v=SysVdlG6uuo

Qaddafi himself said that Libya was a wall protecting Europe from refugees/possible terrorists.

BUT THAT'S WHAT THE POWERS WANTED!

THEY WANTED THAT WALL TO GO DOWN
THEY WANTED THE REFUGEE CRISIS

None of these wars are for profit or for oil really, there are contractors who will end up wanting the oil, but in total these wars are the biggest loss making action I've ever witnesses in all of history.

The people who are engineering all this have a ideological agenda, not a profit one. Remember, the mainstream media was the one who made the "war for oil" meme.

Sandniggers, whatever, you get it.

Bu-but those statues are more valuable than a couple of goatfuckers

WE WAZ BUDDAH

>pic
Damn, that was exactly what i saw in ops pic, damn.

Islam is completely at fault because it bans this kind of shit aND only sandniggers and their sandnigger religion would do this.

Islam is a disease that needs to be wiped out for the good of the planet

news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/150901-isis-destruction-looting-ancient-sites-iraq-syria-archaeology/

They also destroyed many ancient Greek and Roman ruins.

You are thinking of Gandhara, "which encompassed the Swat valley and the Potohar Plateau regions of Pakistan, as well as the Jalalabad district of modern-day Afghanistan":

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhara

Gandhara was a mixing pot of Persian, India, and even Greek cultures and peoples. Greco-Buddhism (look it up) developed there, and even Zoroastrianism influenced it (e.g., some scholars argue Maitreya has Zoroastrian influence):

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism

There were times where Gandhara belonged to Persians and to Indians.

It would be nice if Tajiks, Hazara, and Pashtuns can get along and abandon Islam for Buddhism.

if you have been there you would know how easily they will kill workers or women or suicide bomb schools, fuck them.

Then how the hell did those statues survive under Islam for millennia...

FFS tackle my points, again Islam being cancer is a whole other thing

Wow this is crimes against humanity

Isis is destroying everything great about pre-Islamic middle east. They are even destroying ancient Greek and Roman architectural sites.
>pic related is something that Isis destroyed last year.

Sage this shit

Agree with all. Is there anything we can do to help bring this about? I wish our memes could penetrate to those cultures. Had I the linguistic and cultural knowledge, I would be pioneering this effort.

Is there outreach we can do to anons in that world? Serious question.

No accident, either. They have utter contempt for every other belief system. They are angry children breaking everything, seeking the negative attention they continue to receive.

No religions do that .. its a man crime they should be prosecuted according law .. one law for all mans

They ruined the ruins, so what?

>Taliban likes foreign powers imposing a rotten culture on them

And I bet they like seeing kids be blown up on a daily basis by the LGBT and "equality" loving american cruise missiles.

Those schools universities always "happen" to be the foreign imposed cancer of westernization, and it comes with a free order of drone strikes! YAY!!!

They are ruining the legacy of pre-Islamic Middle East. It would be as if Isis destroyed the Pyramids of Giza or if someone destroyed a great Church in Germany.

> help girls can read and dont have to be inside of a literal adobe fucking hovel 24/7

yeah terrible, truly terrible.

literally savages

I'm sure they're already planning to do these things.

Eternal germ. Destroy everything like nigger.

>Taliban is ISIS

>Taliban isn't fighting the same ISIS that the LGBT loving west created by "accident"

You mean dismembered girls from LGBT loving drone strikes?

How about all the intact homes america creates by its magical home building bombs?

For the love of god, you guys can't be this delusional. There is some serious brainwashing going on that normalizes genocide, fucking crazy.

>Is there outreach we can do to anons in that world?
Fund the groups that are attempting to do it. There are a lot of anti-Islamic Iranian groups, even within the country. They don't receive coverage by the USA. The USA, UK, EU, KSA & Israel have decided to support the Islamic Marxist terrorists, People's Mujaheddin of Iran, instead, probably because they'd price oil according to their demands of what helps the market support them best. I don't know about Afghanistan.

diaf kraut

The Taliban shouldn't have destroyed the statues, but the UN was kind of asking for it because they told the Taliban were only going to fund the maintenance of the the statues, but not help with current famine situation in Afghanistan. The UN made a very stupid move.

That is already happening, hell there's a university in Afghanistan called the American university of Afghanistan. It also comes with a side order of dead children via drone strikes, how nice of us to be "modernizing" THESE SAVAGES!

This is sick, we are gonna kill your families, have you watch your children be torn limb by limb, then forcefully erect our own institutions of "Equality" in your lands destroying your culture.

Don't touch your own cultural Buddhist statues though! Don't wan't to be the bad guy now do you?

Those statues are worth more then their lives though, they are irreplaceable. If it was my life or all of Rome I'd probably bite the bullet to preserve 2000 years of history and culture.

what is with you and projecting about fucking fags? You mention it entirely too often.

We built the shit out of afghanistan, but the populace is tribal and doesnt care about nationalism so it became cronyism very quickly.

We would give them tractors and they would disassemble them and sell the parts for FOOD.

they're the most backwards people on the planet, they're all liars and thieves. Wasted 7 months of my life with them and all I got were reports about suicide bombers killing little girls and a mother suicide bombed herself killing her three children.

I'd trade that mentality for some fucking lesbians anyday.

I guess they should've invested more into sustainable and proper agriculture instead of trying to establish a sharia bound state then?
Muslim countries have historically been shit at agriculture almost from the start, no wonder this is still the case.

You understand. If you look at the pictures, the statues were huge. Not only was the statue destroyed, but a cultural legacy of a pre-Islamic Afghanistan was wiped off the face of the Earth.

I wonder why that is. Is it regional? I ask this because Mesopotamia was the first civilization to invent agriculture, and Afghanistan is near the Indus River Valley.

>Waah why do the afghans think the lives of their own children are worth more than their OWN statues.

>We would give them tractors and they would disassemble them and sell the parts for FOOD.

Seems like the statues are worth even more than that, plus we'd rather bomb their children instead

>Afghanistan was never modern

The Russians and Americans were the ones who created this hellhole in the first place through war and subversion

Look at pre-war Afghanistan, the place looked like France for gods sake

What's the difference between Al-Qaeda, the Taliban and ISIS?

They're all rogue Muslims!

Taliban only want's its country back

Al-Qaeda will fight back on foreign soil for independence

ISIS are a bunch of dick-heads that go invading other countries at the whim of Saudi Arabia only to impose Saudi Wahhabi garbage at the behest of america/israel, literal genocidal bastards thanks to america

Not just Taliban
#AllMuslims

>but the CIA and mercs has destroyed most of them.
Fixed that for ya, kiddo. Daily reminder that islam has existed for 1400 years and these statues were never touched until recent times. Hmmm...

Hello, Abdul bin Terrorist. Good to see that MIDF is still spreading the Israel created ISIS lie! Life would be boring without you.

And they say all the jews were wiped out of Germany.

Daily Reminder: ISIS still hasn't attacked pissrael.

its permissible to kill the godless...christians and jews they are supposed to put under a tax

thats why muslims were so brutal to hindus and buddhists

This. I hope ALL current muslim nations reject that shit and go back to their traditional, true cultures.

Wrong, moron. All jews worship the same jewish god and muslims know that. Islam only exists because the jews weren't properly exterminated thousands of years ago.

I am no Jew, Abdul. I am just not retarded enough to believe your idiotic memes which the conspiracy theorists fall for. - What you mean to tell me, someone would go on the internet and tell a lie?

What are you doing in the land of the white devil anyway? Has Hillary shipped you in? Or is it you, Khan?

Yes we know, ... it's fucking sad how retarded those people are.

Of course you are, you fucking faggot. Now get the fuck off Sup Forums.

>all those bullet marks on the crotch

Afghanistan is Central Asia

your a dorable

you guys are all wrong

just see pic related

Yep, (((they))) are re-writing history.

This American is based

I think the Buddah would have loved that the statues was destroyed, the only thing important in buddhism is the idea of impermanence and that everything will be destroyed at some point. You always see in buddhist texts that destruction and death leads people to realise this and it leads to enlightenment according to them. Everyone wins by the Taliban destroying this except butthurt westerners.

They're following their prophet's orders just like what he did to Mecca's idols and statues, Muslims do to other religions iconography. Irony they kept the black stone cause Muhammad loved kissing it even when idols were around him, even though it was pagan stone to begin with.

NOTHING WHATSOEVER

That's because they didn't have TNT back then, there was some Muslim cunt that tried to destroy the Pryramids but then realized how fucking retarded he was when there was no progress being made.

>Humans carved them, but they certainly couldn't destroy them
Hello, kike.

Christ

>pic
It looks like Gondola now.