Why did two normal everyday dentists allow their precious daughter to be sent away to a school they've never heard of...

Why did two normal everyday dentists allow their precious daughter to be sent away to a school they've never heard of to learn about magic skills they don't even have proof of?

Why are you even trying to pretend you haven't seen one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Do you think they went to prison after their neighbors noticed that their daughter mysteriously vanished without a trace and the parents claim never even having a daughter?

this is my favorite cp

They probably had a cover story like the Dursleys and said she went to a normal boarding school.

>He has neither read the books nor watched the films

What are you talking about? There's nothing in the books or the films about what Hermione's parents said to their friends and neighbours about their daughter.

based dullard-destroyer

Idiot.

Did you even watch the movies or read the books? It shows her parents with her in diagon alley in a bookstore shopping. Clearly they can communicate with dumbledore/hogwarts if they wanted and were concerned. And they likely did.

In the final year she wipes her parents' memories of her so she can go into hiding, you stupid fuck

He probably thought you were referring to her going to Hogwarts in general, you miserable prick

Not him but yes and she's of legal age in both worlds. So what does it matter. Remember hermione even ages more with the time turner.

>and the parents claim never even having a daughter
Fucking idiots on this site I swear to god

What's that got to do with anything? She wiped their memories to keep them safe, yeah. That doesn't explain how they explained to their friends and family that their daughter has vanished. For six years she went to a magic school for ten months, surely the topic of where Hermione went came up in conversation?

Stop trying to justify being a paedophile

"She got a place at a boarding school for gifted kids"
Done. Fucking hell.

>firends/family ask how hermione is doing
>have no memory of a daughter, deny her existence
>they get sectioned

bravo rowling

>harry potter is somehow a utopia
>thats why rowling wanted terry gilliam to direct
Here's your sign

And she disappeared from all photographs so maybe even the friends and family would start to think she never existed.

Anyway in the books I think she set her parents up in Australia with a new life, away from people who would question them.

I haven't seen the movies nor read the books, you fucking imbecile. How am I supossed to know what you are talking about?

wow that's amazing, do you think she was smart enough to think up a spell to get an earth shattering orgasm? I mean anything is possible haha

Dumb nigger.

>Hermione didn't make lifelike dildos of every dick in Hogwarts like she did with Harry's in "It Could Only Happen to Harry"
She had plenty of material to get her off

Wow bravo Sup Forums its not like its obvious that most hp threads that start with a question are asked by dumb niggers who cant even google yet care about a series they haven't seen.

>all of that acne
gross

just wash your face

They don't even remember having a daughter you fucking retard, that's what would make it so suspicious.

Her hormones were raging she's 15-16. That was the only peroid she had any acne at all.

Dumb nigger

i heard emma ran into some unfortunate circumstances. anyone in the know?

Sorry for trying to help, you ungrateful piece of shit.

>magic skills they don't even have proof of
Most wizards show magic abilities before going to hogwarts.
Harry teleported onto a roof once, made a pane of glass disappear at the zoo to release a snake, and magically grew his hair back every time they tried to cut it.
Chances are Hermione did some magic shit too.

I liked how they were all very excited and interested by all the wizard stuff, like a reverse Mr. Weasley.

And yes I'm sure Hogwarts has some kind of system for Muggleborns and their baffled parents, Dumbledore or McGonagall probably visit and explain and give a crash course about the wizard community.
I just wonder about all the children whose parents didn't let them go to Hogwarts and made them go to a normal school instead, which is likely to be fairly common.

>I just wonder about all the children whose parents didn't let them go to Hogwarts
I doubt they allow that to happen. They'd end up blowing up their teacher or whatever and the statute of secrecy would be fucked.
They probably just force the parents to agree to send the kid to Hogwarts. Like with Harry. The Dursleys didn't want him to go, but Hagrid wasn't having it.

Try having a child... You'll be glad to be rid of them for a week...

anyone else see the mustache, or is it just me?

I can't see them forcing the parents to hand over their child to a community they've never heard of, surely there's some choice in the matter. Harry's case is different because Dumbledore had plans with him.

Girls have slight hair above the lip you know. The HD close up isn't very flattering though I agree.

So did she wipe her neighbor's memories as well? Did she accio her birth certificate?

>he doesn't like peach fuzz
Doesn't matter they went to australia

And what about the babies in their little baby cribs?

She never wiped her parents' memories, she charmed them to make them believe they were different people with different lives, then moved them to Australia. Presumably she made them cut off all contact with friends and family too. After the war she restored them to normal I think

If they kept their Australian fake memories, that's a recipe to become crazy.

Dentistry doesn't pay well in the UK

>Neighbors and extended family keep asking about a daughter you don't have

>she brainwashed and send them to Autralia too, so they cut contacts with friends.

Like all things in Harry Potter, it doesn't really work well if you start looking too deeply into the story.
I love the entire plot of Goblet of Fire (in the books) a lot, but once you start digging a lot of it doesn't make sense and relies on a ridiculous amount of lucky coincidences.

It's very likely that there were certain potions that could stimulate sex or masturbation. If there are potions that make you aroused by other people, there'll be potions for self-arousal and stuff.

Literally says she wiped their memories and removed herself from all the family pictures

It works actually perfectly as a parallel to the brits society that's crippled and retarded.

She probably cast masturbation spells on herself.

A wand can probably be used as another kind of wand with a simple vibration spell.

All she would need is a dildo and some skill in movement spells to deeply fuck herself.

>Dentists daughter
>Has bad teeth

How?

In the films, yes. In the books she actually says she modified their memories. She never used Obliviate on them.This also explains why she said she'd never used Obliviate in that scene in the cafe where they knock out two Death Eaters and contemplate what to do with them.
Film watchers often complain about that scene since they saw Hermione use the spell half an hour earlier, but that's only in the film.

Brit genes. She has buck teeth, not yellow and decaying ones.

So? Kids can get a treatment for that too

There's no treatment that can fix Brit genes

Not the genes, but their teeth; what are braces?

Not sure what archery has got to do with this

>They'd end up blowing up their teacher or whatever and the statute of secrecy would be fucked.

Did books/movies ever explaied why magic community hides from regular folks? or when it started?
It never made sense to me.

Worst Link cosplay ever made

To avoid persecution IIRC.
>but the wizard could easily annihilate all the muggles!
something something they don't like violence

Isn't she a bit young for those when she starts Hogwarts? And anyway they were magically fixed when she was about 14 so no need

It's something to do with Muggles hunting down wizards and witches in the past, but the books never really go into it

As far as I remember she fix them temporarily

>To avoid persecution
That sounds fucking dumb.
>It's something to do with Muggles hunting down wizards and witches in the past, but the books never really go into it

That makes more sense, but is still pretty dumb. Wouldn't they reveal themselves later when whichhunt ends? Considering how much more progressive world got in the 20th century "avoiding persecution" is the dumbest shit I've heard. Unless it's excuse for controling the world from shadows Illuminati style.

Nah, it was permanent. She got hit by a spell that made her teeth even bigger and when she got them shortened at the hospital wing she made Madane Pomfrey shrink them down more than waa needed. She remarks how her parents wouldn't like it but she did it anyway.

>"No!"

>bad teeth
>had braces and has good teeth

The book Hermione, pal

God yes that's the stuff.

Now that I think about it, "They Live" remake set in HP universe might be fun idea for film.

>That sounds fucking dumb.
It is dumb. Harry Potter is a PG-13 universe that invented more magic as the series went along while placing next to no limitations on said magic; you can ask a million 'why didn't they' questions and the answer would be the same.

Oh she fixed them with magic. They were overly big at first.

Madam Pomfrey fixed them.

Now that is just lazy writing.

Am I the only one who had the mental head canon that Hermione is Australian?
I have no fucking clue why.

Goblet of Fire and both deathly hallows were rated r by the initial footage they sent to the mpaa. Lots of shit that was cut has never been released. Deaths, gore, profantiy, long torture, implied rape etc

It's a series of children's books written by a mediocre writer who happened to strike the jackpot.

Yes indeed

What's your personal worst plot niggle?
Mine would be how Hermione was conveniently prepared when the Death Eaters attacked at the wedding. She had a magic bag full of all their shit in her back pocket "just in case"

I didn't mean a literal PG-13 rating in the theaters, I meant that the wizard world in Harry Potter is extremely mild because the series is targeted at children, even if it took a more mature turn as it progressed. If it was realistic then Hogwarts would be a non-stop orgy and there would probably be rampant problems with drug abuse; murder is practically unheard of save for Voldemort and his possé and so on. 99% of wizards live in teletubby land with the occasional implication of the dark side of society.

Maybe she was a better fortuneseerer than trawelny though.
Or maybe she was just a overachiever

It's been years since I read it but weren't the trio preparing to leave before the wedding? They reluctantly decided to stay with the intent of leaving ASAP from what I can recall so it's not surprising that they were ready to leave.

>99% of wizards live in teletubby land with the occasional implication of the dark side of society.

What if wizard community is actually a tatoalitarian state and that's the propaganda that they want you to think?

>Atlas Shrugged
>Trump's the art of the deal

this joke gets me every fucking time xD

>modified their memories
Exactly. You said she "charmed them to make them believe they were different people with different lives"
Not really the same thing

Wait, is Hermione not sexy in the book?

>99% of wizards live in teletubby land with the occasional implication of the dark side of society.
Th story is told from the perspective of children attending a boarding school. We never really see what the world is like outside of what Harry sees, and he sees less of the overall world than most of his classmates do. There's probably tons of bad shit going on that Hogwarts students just don't hear about.

The ministry has a force of people on tap to specifically go after dark wizards, and they work all the time. Arthur Weasley's job revolves around cleaning up the messes people cause muggle-baiting, because most wizards see muggles as subhuman and like to have fun seriously injuring them. There's an active crime world and black market that lets people like Fletcher thrive, and the ministry doesn't seem capable of doing much about it. But these aren't things that effect schoolchildren, and that's why we only see glimpses of it.

It is though, she literally modified their memories and made them believe they were different people, Wendell and Monica Wilkins to be exact

She's not attractive in the books, neither is Luna, both were just cast with pretty actresses. Ginny Weasly and Cho Chang were the hot dang bombshells in the books as far as I can recall.

I don´t know, the only major feature that was changed were the teeth and then the hair, but besides that she seemed attractive in the books

because in the hairy potter universe the term child molester doesnt exist. its like the walking dead how the term zombie doesnt exist

so when ever the father would try to elaborate as to why its a bad idea before he would get done with his sentence or even far enough that his wife would know what he was talking about he would get creeped out by having to say to much about what could happen

>Why did two normal everyday dentists allow their precious daughter to be sent away to a school they've never heard of to learn about magic skills they don't even have proof of?
Because Hoggwarts was never really a "magic" school. It was an asylum for troubled kids, bordering on dangerously mentally unstable.

they thought sending Hermoine to a "boarding school" would cure of her of her mental illness.

>she seemed attractive in the books
How so? Was she even described as pretty in the books (with the exception of the Yule Ball) or coveted by anyone besides that Quidditch chad in book 6? She might've just been a late bloomer but unlike e.g Cho Chang she was never described as cute from what I remember. No one paid attention to her.

Yes, but I think one of the reasons was because she was more of a "do this!" bitch in the books

Men. She was hottest in chamber of secrets

>not prisoner from azkaban

Is that what your fucked up mind told you so you'd feel better about being in a crazy people's hospital?

>born in 1990
>Chamber of secrets premiered in 2002

Pedo

Serious question:

Who does Sup Forums hate more? Hermione Granger or Daenerys Targaryen

She was never described as attractive, just mousy and with frizzled hair abd buckteeth. The whole point of the Yule Ball was people realising she could actually look good, but she says it's too much hassle to look like that all the time so she goes back to frizzly nerd after that.

Rowling actually commented on how Hermione was way too pretty in the films, but she accepted that that's how cinema works.