This is deep

This is deep.

Attached: wm89za90t5m01.jpg (1473x1198, 227K)

>White

what is this supposed to be? what the name of the country means in the cunt's language?

>ireland
>land of abundance
ironic

Attached: 1508867361074.jpg (780x620, 122K)

>Britain
>Land of "colored"people

Attached: images.jpg (179x282, 7K)

I think it's the literal translations of the chinese names

It's the etimology of the modern name for the country

You sure about that?

>the islands
>doesnt even have one single island

Attached: pepe hunt.jpg (399x384, 19K)

WE WUZ VIKINGS AND SHIT

I thought France = Land of the Franks= land of the free ?

double google translate?

>Slovakia
>Those who speak meaningfully.
Heh, no.

Well, there's a theory according to which "Frank" comes from the Frankish word that means "javelin", but it's just a theory. Realistically speaking, France just means "Land of the Franks".

>Lithuania
>rain
No. It's just something people tell to third graders and foreigners to get them to stfu.

>white men who row

That's not the correct Phoenician translation. It's "The land where metal is forged"

(OP)
>Slovenija
>Sloven (old word for Slav) + -ija (slavisation of Latin suffix denoting country)
>Hrvatska
>Hrvat (South Slavic for Croat) + -ska (Slavic suffix denoting possession)
>Srbija
>same thing as Slovenia, but for Serbs. I don't think the name Srb has been properly explained.
>Armenia (Hayastan)
>Hayk (Armenian autonym) + -stan (Persian suffix for country)
>Jordan
>a river in the Holy Land, idk about the Arab version

>Crimea in russia

Attached: FU.jpg (166x304, 6K)

it says painted m9

its wrong for my country

>tfw we are literally young KARA BOGAS
MASHALLAH kill wh*tey

>island of the painted ones

what like the picts and tribes and shieet.

Attached: Centurion (2010).jpg (1880x2816, 1.52M)

>Lebanon
>white

Denmark means the lands/fields of the Danes not borderland.

Also if you where to show the regions of Norway you would see tribal regions in the names as well. The "fylke" wich we divide the country into means people.

So Agderfylke would be the Egde people while Hordalandfylke would be the land of the Horda people. Rugiians were a tribe from Norway and the "fylke" Rogland still bears their name.

Fuck you i was gonna post this dumb redditor

portugal is wrong
portu - portus (port)
gal - cale/gale -> gall (us)
this also being the roman name for the settlement that came to be the modern city of Porto, where gale is the city on the other side of the river, now named V.N. Gaia

Gaia was an old woman goddess (a sort of earth mother).

greek godess of earth, I know.

But the town was already there when the romans arrived. The modern city of Gaia didn't have that name then, it was called Gall by the locals, which was transcripted as Cale in latin. Notice that gall is everywhere celts were, IIRC it means us (as in the people).
The name Gaia was taken after reconquista, as the city was rebuilt over the ruins of Cale
The history of porto-gaia is very interesting, originaly gaia was the big city, while porto was merely an extension, but since the whole place was razed during the reconquista the roles switched (porto was on the right side of the river, Gaia was impossible to defend from the moors)

I thought it was Port of the Gauls

The Franks were known for the francisca axe, so France may well mean "land of the axemen".

>Iceland
>Land of ice

Attached: WrKPhfd.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

>The islands
>Is not an island

>Land of ice
>Is greener than greenland

>Land of abundance
>Had a catastrophic famine

It's one of those cases where people call themselves People and their settlement is called Setlement.
The people were gauls, and called their home gaul (gall), when romans came they noted the place was named cale (G is not present in old latin).

The city of Cale kept growing until the arabs were kindly invited by the visigoths and it fell into irrelevance (same happened to important cities like Bracara, Aquae Flavia, Legio, etc). When vimara Peres led the expedition and secured the lands north of douro river, Cale became borderlands/deserted and its population was either slaughtered or absorved by the fast growing and well defended setlement on the other side of the river (Porto/Portus cale). Only after the region betwen douro and mondego rivers was taken, Cale was rebuilt, now named Gaia (this was some 100 to 200 years after the original was destroyed)

Now getting confused. In english „the people who row“ live in russia but in finnish they are in Sweden.

Attached: BA2074AB-2121-41E2-BBDB-B439F4ADF697.png (1430x2523, 682K)

Glad to see that maps are getting realistic finally.

Attached: isabelle-adjani-theredlist.jpg (3000x4482, 2.03M)

VIKANGZ

richer than you, muhammad

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

white men can't row

>Russia, Belarus, Turkey are the only countries with ALPHA names.
Just like they live as right now, western countries have such pussy names.

Attached: 1514858002148.jpg (1024x1536, 524K)

England means land that has lots of angles

now painted in a different way

Attached: UK is the beacon of whiteness in an otherwise brown and swarthy world..jpg (300x300, 83K)

Thats Australia you nigger

>Land of God

Attached: portugueseking.png (397x402, 357K)

LAND OF THE BULLS

Attached: 1512949905011.jpg (999x963, 75K)

Eesti, kek!
>Prantsusmaa, Saksamaa

Attached: 36F5E1C2-4412-41D7-86CB-BF1E3DD973CE.png (1475x1200, 615K)

>Poo
Delet this.

Should be land of western men who row then instead of white, directions of the wind are paired with a colour in Slavic languages.

>Yanks in charge of flag recognition

poola

Don't.

Romanian means citizen of Romania not of Rome.

I allways thought germania came from GER the throwing spear.

I thought Frank meant brave. Nowadays saying something frank means saying it honestly.

Okay, looked that up. Might also be from celtic. Either Gair Neighbours or Gairm (scream) and thus the screaming ones. I do not know desu. But since ol caesar probably asked the Gauls we are probably the screaming neighbours.

>all those double letters
how is finnish even real language?

Here's the rest of the world

Attached: etymology-map.jpg (4500x2234, 689K)

That's estonian not finnish.

poola

ROW ROW

[spoiler]In Soviet Russia, the power fights you[/spoiler]

>To Flow
Can I have a source on that?

Still this map is rubbish and someone came up with his own headcanon.

find it comfy that Paris was name after the Parisi and London, the Londonni or something of that nature

poola la

>Britain is the name of the UK

Attached: 1508558700025.png (671x473, 52K)