Death Note 2017

So Light won in the end?

Was he actually an evil psychopath this time or was he just misunderstood?

Do you think L wrote down his own name

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/vgfznw.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the end we all lost for wasting an hour and a half of our lives on this

He was just an idiot

Light "won" in that he reconciles with his father.

And L probably wrote the name, unless there's a sequel.

How would L know writing the name down would kill him?

(Especially after Light didn't die at midnight like the paper said.
How would he know burning the paper would null it?)

Probably because of Mia's instructions that she wrote for Ray Young

L wrote the father's name to get revenge.
There will be a sequel.
Calling it now.

Is that Tuvok?

>kira challenged by some nigger
>by killing all niggers in usa he could get rid of both problems at once

he wasnt so smart wasnt hess

L would have written his own name down.

Did you watch the movie?

>Is that Tuvok?
its tuvix

the book has a lot of rules. it tells you burning will null it. it also tells you one page of the notebook works as the whole notebook

What was L's real name though?

Lebron

Lamar

more importantly why would watari need to drive a few miles into the woods to find out? shouldn't he know already?

Lawliet

L hasn't seen the rules or the notebook though. Just a page from it that he has no reason to think holds supernatural capabilities.

>L hasn't seen the rules

Mia's instructions for the FBI agent had the rules

Yeah.

>no reason

Did you miss the part where it people have been offing themselves for no reason

Why didn't he just shoot L anyway

At that point he doesn't want to be Kira, he just wants to live and get out of shit

L.LAWLIET

Ironically his first name IS L

Because he didn't know

Something that bothered me, at one point Light makes Mia touch the death note so she can see Ryuk. There was no reason from him to believe that the death note functions in this manner (and it doesn't in the movie), as Ryuk didn't appear to him instantly when he first touched the notebook. It was almost like Light has some kind of meta awareness of how the death note functioned in the anime/manga.

Why...?

Because she had the agent use it to kill his team

>No Lind L Tailor
>No Ray Penber
>No Naomi
>No Remu
>No Misa having a Death Note
>No little sister
>No second name in WATARI
>No Chad Lighto
>No rationality in L

But why?

Wouldn't he just writing the names would sufice?

It's almost like someone just worked his script along the manga, omitting and misconstruing left and right, huh?

If you can write odds-defying shit like "the paper on which my name is written will miraculously land in the fire and burn", then why even use the Death note to off people?

I'd just write "Joe Shmoes trips in the street and dies, leading to a chain of events in which I win the lottery". Anyways that was really bad.

Also why was Lighr surprised that Mia grabbed the book from him? Isn't that what he fucking wrote for her to do?

No, because you need the name and to picture the face.

>Also why was Lighr surprised that Mia grabbed the book from him? Isn't that what he fucking wrote for her to do?

Yes, but he didn't write for her to "refuse, proclaim love, and then steal it".
His "you do?" response to her "I really love you" is so pathetically genuine.

*blocks your path*

>dramatic moment
>inappropriate music starts playing loudly

>Lawl

good meme

Loser

>His "you do?" response to her "I really love you" is so pathetically genuine.
Ah fuck you're right, the good old 'tism keeping me from enjoying movies. Still though, I don't like how Light jumps from "heh I'm an INTJ, always three steps ahead of you kid ;)" to an emotional little beta that forgets how the note works in five minutes. It's just hamfisted, and there so the script will work.

It's also a let down that you can basically use it to mind control people for two days before they die.

>Netflix hypes the fuck out of Dafoe being there
>Ryuk doesn't even add to the story, and they just repeat the same laugh track over and over
That was a waste.

That's in the manga, so I domt mind, but it still had to stay in the framework of things being physically possible.

But now the death note can control wind, atmosphere, heat, etc... for things that aren't even relevant to death? That's just bullshit.

Like I said, just write down "Bob Smith gets stabbed to death, and the stab wounds write out L's real name" if the note is so unbelievably powerful.

>I don't want to live without your LOVE!!!!!

my.mixtape.moe/vgfznw.mp4

Masterpiece

this was worst movie shot since 2004.

literally the worst.

and no , not just because they purposely fucked anything about source material.

everything else is also pure garbage.

i hope who write this script will never ever write anything.

Lebesburn, something like that.
No kidding, just pause the scene where Watari finds out L's name.

>Light kills the strippers in the yakuza club that are probably trying to make a quick buck, and are probably all sex trafficked merchandise anyways
What the FUDGE was his problem?

Also,
>the japanese police keeps a database on strippers and stashes it in the same folder as the names of high level yakuza members
Right.....?

He practically admitted he was the killer in this scene and then L does nothing at all and the scene just ends so they can go and kiss in the rain
this movie has NONE of the elements that made the original series so interesting

I just finished watching this. What the fuck was that? The only thing they did right in this movie was making Mia/Misa the most unbearable character in the whole thing. Why the fuck did they make it so touching the book doesn't let you see Ryuk?

>L kill's Light in a way that light tells his father where the death note is
>then L kill's Light's father in a way that he gives the death note to L
>L vanishes
>then L becomes the new Kira
>M and N are the new detectives after L

Here's the sequel everyone.

>Death Note 2: Alphabet Soup

I figured he wrote down for the yakuza to take as many down with them as possible when they died.

I doubt Light even thought about the strippers or other incidentals, he's not all that bright.

That fucking scene made me laugh and Radha

>hi there
>uhhhh hi?
>btw I think you're Kira
>nah I'm not bye bitch
>lol kk
>actually yes I am lol ur right
>I knew it
>I'm gonna kill you
>nah I'll kill you
>fuck you
>fuck you too
>ok bye bby

This is a problem for a lot of things, since the source material had a rule against directly or indirectly killing other people that aren't named in the death note. And in the context of the netflix movie, if that rule doesn't exist, it doesn't make sense that he doesn't just tell Watari to "kill his employer".

Oh well I kid about then show, but I'm retarded and didn't realize that they would've also started shooting each other when they started dying (since it was two rival clubs meeting, and they probably each thought they'd been betrayed).

But Light being retarded was a shame.

Death Note has never been a good show. The characters are idiotic, the morals fucking trash ("I wanna kill ppl", "nu-uh you shouldn't kill ppl", "ah I killed too many ppl and now I die oh tragic irony!"). Really the only thing that makes it stand out is Light being clever as shit.

And then they cut that out... Hmm...

This movie was like one long montage. Seriously I don't think any one scene goes on for over 5 minutes. Most don't even go on for over 3.

>that scene near the beginning where Light and his dad yell exposition at each other

>I know it's not your fault Light, you could have some behavioral issues CONSIDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MOM
>well excuse me dad, BUT YOU ARE A COP and I don't care about your allegory
>your mom she was a bit of a hippy, but in case you don't remember her, SHES THE CHICK THAT GOT RUN OVER BY ANTENO SKAMO AND NOW ANTENO SKEMO IS FREE AND MAYBE HE BRIBED HIS WAY OUT, you know the one I'm talking about?
Was I watching a fucking parody?

this version of death note influences what ryuk does to instigate the death
so a ferris wheel collapsing is within the realm of possibility how ryuk magically does that is beyond me

Especially when he screams like a faggot when he sees Ryuk. And when he is with Mia he acts so beta
>Uhhhh can I kiss you

That was awesome and you know it. It was practically Kubrickian.

yeah they had a chance to do some really cool stuff with the shinigami eye's & whoever pick's up the DN can see your deathgod but didn't even go into it that much

>that entire ending song toward the end

what were they thinking,I'd wager that would be a huge turn-off for the average person watching the movie assuming they even reached the ending

Tyrone.

This. The only good thing this movie did was bring all the fans of the original series back together, though. Now I remember how great the anime/manga was.

It also lacks my homeboy Teru Mikami.

Light in the manga was heavily influenced by the high academic pressure japanese students are under. It wouldn't have translated well in the US, so I'm fine with the changes. At least this version is more relatable for me.

This though.

>misa encounters this guy who uses a fake name to introduce himself while her eyes tell him he is literally named L
>doesn't mention this to Light

Lind L Tailor
Duh

You know the US isn't one homogeneous culture. Light Turner could have had rich parents and gone to an expensive private school and thus had much the same personality as Yagami Raito.

>ryuk was the bad guy

how did they manage to even come up with something so different?

what's so funny?

Ryuk as a bored death god looking for some entertainment is too esoteric for the average American. Much safer to just have him be an evil demon.

who knows but at one point they had removed ryuk completely because they thought burger audiences wouldn't buy the supernatural character

im the joker baby

I figured L either wrote his own name or Light's father's name.

>the plot revolves around having supernatural powers
>consider removing the supernatural

they might as well reboot three's company instead

>hurr how did L know that the paper in the calculus book had the power to kill people hurr

it's always amazed me how people tout Light as a mastermind when he fell for the easiest bait that L threw out for him

Light being arrogant like that was necessary, since any intelligent person could easily remain hidden forever given how the Death Note works. Smart people can do dumb things because of character flaws. After he realizes the situation he put himself in, Light is much more careful.

what was with his red gun?

Light being arrogant sure but it's also just to keep the story moving in the most interesting direction
obviously if the character acted realistically then they'd never get caught and the story wouldn't be interesting