So what was the best film of 2016?

So what was the best film of 2016?

Let's just pretend 2016 didn't happen.

Ugh, I know what you mean. Fucking Trump...

the accountant

8 years.

The one where that billionaire from New York raped that tranny.

Toni Erdmenn

the greatest story of the millennium. Hollywood cannot do it justice

>Popeye
Wat?

Moonlight
Hacksaw Ridge
Moana
Toni Erdmann
Manchester by the Sea
The Revenant

It's already been a year and he has done absolutely nothing he promised to. Let that sink in.

Moana was a legit animated film. I actually regret not seeing it in theaters when I had the chance. Moonlight is a good, true, story but the shoulder-shot to shoulder-shot camera work can fuck off...as a movie it had little to say visually. The rest I consider disposable except for Toni Erdmann because I haven't seen it yet.

What the fuck are you two talking about?

Hell or High Water
A Monster Calls

Not sure why Revenant is even in there considering it's a 2015 film.

La La Land

Moana was another Disney's bland and shallow product that will be forgotten very soon. You should glad that you didn't waste your money on that.

Moonlight is manipulative tripe. And didn't Revenant come out in 2015?

>still pushing this lie
kek

Please, Moonlight is the first Oscar winner to feel genuine in over 10 years.

well considering it's a rippoff of a Wong Kar-Wai movie that's interesting.

>being so desperate for his presidency to be over that you round up the time
It's been 8 months, and he's accomplished all of his campaign promises that be easily achieved through executive action, except for ending DACA and NAFTA which are both happening as we speak. The Wall has received it's first stage of funding, tax and immigration reform might have to wait until after the midterms but they're coming.

Oh okay, let's go down the line.

>Trump fails to repeal Obamacare
>Generals immediately tell him to fuck off when he tries to ban transgenders from the military
>Pence and other Republicans are already making preparations to replace him in 2020 or earlier
>FBI raided Manafort's house as the Russia investigation continues to uncover dirt
>Trump's phonecalls with foreign leaders showed just how much of a buffoon he is
>He's had to fire 90% of his original staff because they dared to call his policies unrealistic
>Even Breitbart has turned against him
>He flip flopped on Afghanistan
>Hasn't jailed Hillary (or even appointed a "special prosecutor)
>Hasn't built the wall (and certainly isn't getting Mexico to pay for it)
>Went soft on China
>And he's losing a Twitter slapfight with North Korea
>Meanwhile the best his supporters can come up with is that they're making liberals mad

Unironically Moonlight or maybe Arrival/Hacksaw Ridge

One of Wong's movies is considered the second best film of the 21st century so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

cinema criticism has become so cynical and self-deprecative that genuine film has become denounced as manipulative

You can tell a movie is good if Sup Forums shitposts it, and Sup Forums shitposts the hell out of those three.

Bullshit. It's Disney's best movie in years, probably since the renaissance

It might be the best winner since No Country, mostly due to the cinematography, but that's more of a testament to the fact that every other winner since then has been shit. The script is unconvincing and the middle act in particular feels like a non-profit PSA.

>the accountant
Seconded

>liberals mad
Stopped reading there

Absolutely not. People only like it better than Frozen to be hipsters.

>>Trump fails to repeal Obamacare
Stopped reading there. McCain and other faggots deciding they no longer dislike Obamacare because they're bitter old fucks that didn't get to play president isn't Trump's fault.

The transgender ban just went into effect, you might have missed that because it was part of the Friday night news dump. Everything you listed after that is rhetorical and has nothing to do with actual policy.

>People only like it better than Frozen to be hipsters

Silence

Wrong. Trump signed the directive but the transgender ban won't go into effect for at least six months. Much like how most of the Obama things Trump has "undone" are things that never went into effect in the first place because politics is slow.

But you implied that the generals blocked him from enacting it altogether, unless you're not the user I was replying to.

At the end? Good job.

Oh, that's rich, Trump claiming he's going to fix everything and then when he can't he just says "It's not my fault." You know what would have helped? If they had actually talked about a replacement with each other. They literally had a little secret meeting and expected people to vote Yes without knowing anything about it. I didn't know Republican politicians were THIS retarded.

That's the thing, it's Mattis' decision whether or not it actually gets enacted. Not Trump's. He's obviously going to drag his feet on doing anything because 1) he has no reason to kick these people out when they've been serving him well and 2) Trump won't be president in six months anyway.

>Trump won't be president in six months anyway.
aaaaaaaany day now

This post tripped a filter so I assume it contributed nothing of value.

just mocking your delusion that Trump won't be president in [x amount of months]

2016 ?

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

Take your bullshit back to Sup Forums. This is a fucking movie discussion thread

More like you're getting desperate and repeating yourself because you know the end is coming. Gotta get that shitposting in while you can, because when it happens you won't be able to show your face without being laughed at.

>no reason to kick them out
kek.
Liberals dont even believe that. They just say it because they hate Trump

It costs more money for Trump to go golfing than it costs to keep transgenders in the military. Let that sink in. It would actually cost a HUGE amount of money to kick them out, specifically because they'd have to account for pensions, etc.

this is delicious, please keep the delusion up. Go ahead and link the WaPo articles that 'prove' your lunacy

The animated short that came before it is actually better the film itself.
I never liked Frozen but if you think Moana is better than Tangled then you have shit taste. Not even my 9 year old sister liked it.

All this tells me is that both you and your sister have shit taste

Are you talking about the short about the guy's internal organs? That was so... meh. And I'm not a harsh critic.

Get that shitposting in while you can, kid.

keep telling yourself it's happening, retard

Get it in while you can, kids.

I unironically voted for Hillary and don't like Trump at all, but you've gotta be delusional if you actually believe he will get impeached m8. Doubt he'll get re-elected but impeachment is almost 100% not going to happen, and even if it magically does happen that is just taking him to trial, there is no chance in Hell he will be removed from office.

Hell or Highwater

Batman v superman

Fuck off

Who says impeachment is the way he will be removed from office?