How did this end up better than Alien Covenant?

Are we witnessing the end of films as a viable means of telling compelling stories?

Both are shit.

this

Isolation isn't a compelling story.

sound and visuals were on point in isolation but that's all
the story itself and gameplay was boring dogshit

I literally am too scared to play this game

>Playing Isolation for the first time
>Have to get to the elevator to escape the alien, which is just roaming around the room like nothing
>Decide to stand there and get its attention to see what would happen
>"Haha, this isn't so scary, only a fucking pussy would think-"
>Alien suddenly charges at me and pounces on me faster than I imagined it would
>Scares me so bad that I actually jump back in fear
>Rest of the time I'm staying in lockers and hiding under desks 90% of the time because I'm too scared of the alien

10/10 game right here.

The guy who wrote the script for this game went to my friend's school.
He's fat, ugly, and lives in isolation. (Haha!) I have no idea how he landed the gig, I guess they'll accept anyone who is fat and ugly enough to make themselves look good.

Sup Forums please.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Also I liked covenant even though it had to many b-movie plot-holes.

Isolation is a tedious piece of shit at least 6 hours longer than it needed to be.

isolation made the alien an actual threat, added to the lore without ruining the entire setting and had a very good twist.

Video games are surpassing movies because of their superior grapics.
Movies nowadays are just shitti CGI fests, why not play a game instead?

this.
>the creators actually cared about the alien movie
would have been an acceptable answer as well

Same experience. My fiance heard me scream like a little bitch from a separate room and then we wound up taking turns and playing the game together on PC.

that sounds like a fun time.
>tfw no gf

i liked the gameplay but yea the story was trash

the story was fine for an alien game. It was a little contrived but the entire lead up was just a way to get ripley jr trapped on Sevastopol.

Just got done watching Alien Covenant for the first time, control + F'd alien and glad this thread was up.

What a fucking mess of a movie. It's better than Prometheus in the sense it has scenes where people shoot guns at things that sorta look like aliens.

The CGI looked worse than that video game. Why the fuck didn't they wear helmets even if that atmosphere was breathable, when there could be contagious bacteria, which there fucking was?
What about that scene where that chick shoots explosives canisters in her ship until it blows up?
Why the fuck did the black chick try and hug the guy getting back burster'd?
David got stabbed in the chin with some keychain but didn't have a wound there just to make you wonder, what the fuck?
And the fucking characters. The only one who actually had a personality if you could call it that was Tee.

>computer graphics in a video game look more natural than graphics in a real movie
N-NANI

What is it like to have a 3d gf user?

Does her hair smell nice?

Fucking Uncultured vidya faggot
Covenant is not about le jump scare but it's about the beauty and creepiness of creation.
If you don't understand simple things like this you should stop watching movies and stick to vidya.
You and your fellows are the reason real cinema is dying.

I can't even imagine playing a game, much less debating it seriously on a film board.

Fuck off, kid man child or whatever you are.

>beauty and creepiness of creation
>you don't understand
I understand what it was about, it nailed it in. The film still sucked cock, though, definitely.
You can have a good message, moral, premise or whatever the fuck and still blow it away like some stupid fuck which is what happened here.

In the end the experience that's more shallow but more enjoyable is better than the experience that's deeper but fucking garbage.

One thing I thought Covenant did very well was that its dialogue seemed way more natural than in Prometheus.
In Prometheus everyone talks like they know they're in a movie, and it gets even worse with David because he has this pretentious way of speaking.
It fits for his character, but a better script writer could've made the same point without needing to reference literature to let us know that david is smart.

Covenant was a lot closer to the original trilogy with how it handled its dialogue and I really appreciated that.
there were a few awkward instances throughout, but in general it felt really good to watch that aspect of the film.
Also the cast was way too massive for this kind of film.

Wrong. Isolation is awesome.

1000% this, Cov was everything I wanted imo. All this faggots just want to see Xenomorphs. David's sinister tone is perfect

It would've been better if it had just focused on that. It feels like a mishmash of Alien and Prometheus that doesn't quite work.

>he doesn't realize alien isolation is an immersive sim a la thief or system shock 2
>he doesn't realize it takes the single monster approach of amnesia, and uses it to rectify the typical issues you get in in first person stealth where you have to keep track of multiple enemies
Nice opinion on the gameplay, pleb.