Attention, Sup Forums. I'd like to raise a point of order

Attention, Sup Forums. I'd like to raise a point of order.

I believe that American English is superior to British English. We Americans perfected the English language by removing useless letters like "U" from color.
Therefore, I present a motion that American English be adopted as the Sup Forums standard.
All those in favor say "Aye."

Other urls found in this thread:

the-toast.net/2014/03/19/a-linguist-explains-british-accents-of-yore/
youtube.com/watch?v=XPfOL4wUuMU
youtube.com/watch?v=4fRY6J6lD7k
youtube.com/watch?v=JHOBhgjc1Jc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called English, nothing more needs to be said.

nay.

British English is better, but I prefer our own.

foy

I respect British English, but I like ours.

I agree in principle, but if you feel you are able to legitimately bomb the fuck out of sovereign nations I feel you should at least be smart enough to handle a superfluous 'u'

whatever Englandistan

fun fact: modern british english was made up in the mid 1800s to distinguish itself from american english because the brits were that butthurt over the revolution.

English before then sounded more like the typical boston accent

The King James Version Bible is in olde English, so it is superior

[citation very fucking needed]

Nice sauce

British English is fine, but I do like American English better. The spelling variations make it look more Germanic, imo. "Centre" vs "center", "honour" vs "honor", "organisation" vs "organization", "defence" vs "defense", etc.

pic related

I like our center better, but i like their ou spelling better. it seems like the last bit of honor and color are pronounced slightly different so an ou spelling makes sense.

the-toast.net/2014/03/19/a-linguist-explains-british-accents-of-yore/

also related

youtube.com/watch?v=XPfOL4wUuMU

Fact is we speak the proper English the English spoken in England developed in the 1700s during the revolutionary war the British generals always referred to the language spoken by the Americans at the time as being rustic much like how the French spoken in Quebec is similar to the French spoken in western France in the 1700s and how Spanish spoken in new Mexico is simi9lar to how it sounded in Spain 100s of years ago you mad English fags ?

This never gets old

> Actually believing this.

Why does this same faggot keep posting about American English being the default, are you that insecure, you kept coming onto brit/pol/ and pestering us.

Nah fuck off mate

>British """"""English""""""
Pronouncing all your "th"s like "f"s isn't English.

What the hell's a "thoy"?

What? We won the war so now they speak american in europe and england.

What ever, Amexica.

Speak English faggot

You would trade the horde of dune coons for Mexicans in a heart beat

That's early modern English, you idiot.

I propose that we change the name of the language to American, which is only fair as we are the largest population. The British may refer to their patois as "Old American" or Proto-American."

/thread
Colony emigrants mad.

"Old Reverse American, Once Removed"

If it's going to fit with British culture it has to be clumsy and ridiculous sounding.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fRY6J6lD7k

Do native speakers appreciate this?
pls r8

>English vs. Stupid English

they justify not knowing how to spell by claiming some letters are "useless"

I agree. we are superior to eurotrash in every way.

we pretty much own the language anyways since britts mostly speak Arabic now.

Aye. I've had it with using bongistan English for my entire education

>Australia involved at all in any discussion involving language

stick to things you know like incest and domestic violence.

THe average Australian

youtube.com/watch?v=JHOBhgjc1Jc

ooga booga bolt mijid u oooga boooga

SHART IN MART

PEE IN SEA

Thanks for the chuckle m8

Nay, the traditional version is the best version. There is no argument, it is simple fact.
>Every way?
Sure looks that way Tyrone. Face it, Americucks are bottom of the barrel and worthless compared to Europeans.

I'm sorry, I only speak American English.

American English is the best English. British speak the way they do because they want to avoid saying "H" due to the fact their breaths smell like shit.

When Americans would say, "Hello", the bad breathed british would say, "Ello" to cover up their filthy mouth stench.

When you stop pronouncing words correctly and no longer adhere to your own gramatical rules, you are no longer right. The isn't a color/colour thing Paki, it's an objective fact.

American English is actually more closely related to the English spoken in the Colonial times.

Modern British English comes from the rich, who at the time were the only ones to speak with a heavy accent. It was then later taught to commoners after being taught in the education system.

> t. linguist

You're welcome.

It's not the default, it's just better. Think of a musket to an AR15, very apt comparison.

Why do the British randomly add "Isn't it" to the end of a sentence?

Ya m8 I fink yu shooh pic da tradishnal English.

Top kek!

our english is better, their english(accent) sounds better

/thread

Nay.

You guys are lazy fucking pigs.

moose plural turns into moose
goose plural turns into geese

English is the language where anyone can meme a word or grammar into existence and it becomes official. modern British English isn't even the original

also if you want to use American English pls use gray not grey and advertized not advertised. tired of you faggots not understanding all the differences

"Pee in sea"
What did he mean by this?
Is this the latest meme manufactured in Australia?