Christians can't eat meat in Fridays but Jesus said that eating fish is ok. Why? Can a vegetarian eat fish...

Christians can't eat meat in Fridays but Jesus said that eating fish is ok. Why? Can a vegetarian eat fish? Why aren't westerners eating crickets and grasshoppers when the jewish old Testament says that it's a-ok?

>but Jesus said that eating fish is ok
No you'll find he didn't.

So why is it allowed to eat fish at Friday?

Because some man made a rule hundreds and hundreds of years later.

It's a smart rule. Eating fish regularly is heathy as fuck.

>Can a vegetarian eat fish?
No, but pescetarians can.

I fucking hate Good Friday all the Catholics go and get fish and chips. You're not sacrificing shit eating such a fat fuck meal. At least the sand niggers actually starve themselves with their Ramadan. Fucking Christian faggots you're an embarrassment.

Pious lie. Are you Catholic?

>So why is it allowed to eat fish at Friday?
Because its just old dietary tips to ward of degeneracy like pic related. But back then people where illitterate idiots so instead of trying to convince people that it was bad to eat pork every day and being met with
>bacon is good for me!
They just told them
>God tells you to eat this, do it or go to hell

>At least the sand niggers actually starve themselves with their Ramadan.
Is that why the consume more food during ramadan?

>t. Marx

every time i eat fish i get a boner because it smells like pussy

>Christians can't eat meat in Fridays but Jesus said that eating fish is ok. Why?
He did? Where?

with all the trash, nasty shit, radiation floating in the ocean, i'll pass on fish.

Roman Catholic but I never gave a fuck about our eating habits, until now. I know that we should have 12 dishes on Christmas table.

That's pagan idolatry related to sun worship my nigga.

Because Jesus clearly knew that fish wouldn't suffer as other animals do. Makes it less 'wrong' I guess to kill and eat them.

Should I confess to the priest that I ate meat on Friday? Am I damned if I ate the body of Christ after I ate a burger? I was a sinner back then, without knowing it.

If you think a fish can't feel pain you've never rammed a knife into one.

Not eating meat on Friday is a form of fasting, one of the key things Jesus spoke about.

It isn't a 'rule' and eating meat isn't 'a sin'. It is an opportunity to engage in a very small sacrifice to remind us why we are Christians as well as taking part in fasting, a key tenant of Christianity (as told by Jesus).

In other words, people always look at the "no meat on Friday" rule completely wrong, thinking it is some sort of arbitrary rule made up for no reason following ancient laws when in reality it is just a form of fasting.

Look at the Orthodox Calendar and see how they fast. I think Catholics could learn a thing or two from that to be honest.

I prefer to treat Friday as a full fast day instead of just no meat, but for people that aren't interested in that form of fasting it is a great way to keep Jesus on their mind with a simple, easy to follow fasting 'rule' (plan).

t. manlet with weak immune system.

>Should I confess to the priest
No, you can stop that too.

All you need is a good Bible, not sure which version's the un-perverted version for Poles.

More likely than not it's NOT the one you are using now.

6'1 aint manlet and i rarely get sick im not a faggot with AIDS like you

Selenium and Zinc mang. That l's what makes your dick hard. That's why Oysters are considered an Aphrodisiac. Lots of zinc and selenium. Even Alex Jones sells Selenium pills right now.

Its never to late ro repent if that's what you're asking.

>All you need is a good Bible, not sure which version's the un-perverted version for Poles.

How is the Bible that is missing books that have been part of Biblical canon for thousands of years the 'perverted' version and not the other way around?

What if the fish was raised in an artificial lake? Fish from our mountains seems to be safe.

>implying your immune system can remove mercury

Insects feel no pain. Why aren't we eating insects instead? Jews are ok with eating bugs.

Good choice of fish, Makrell is great, one of the most fun fish to fish for.
Tastes god like when smoked.

I'm 6'3 and eat fish, sushi and other raw fish like your mom's stank pussy and I'm still healthy as a horse.

>Can a vegetarian eat fish?
scaly fish is kosher pareve, same level as veggies. so in this context, yes.
>Why aren't westerners eating crickets and grasshoppers when the jewish old Testament says that it's a-ok?
ikr

interesting..

There is no "un-perverted" bible. Christianity is a perversion of a religion which itself was a perversion of the ancient Egyptian religion.

No way?
Skullcross is that really you?

If so pls bring back the nightly ossuary threads

>source: my ass

Doesn't make sense. I can sin throughout my entire life and then do like Donald Trump and rediscover God when I'm 70?

Lower meaningful food yield per unit weight would be my guess. Also tradition and body of knowledge associated with preparing either. Almost every culture has tons of methods for catching, preparing and cooking different types of fish. Only a handful can say the same about bugs.

WE

It's pretty clear that the Catholics use a Beast Bible, perverted by a bunch of literal ghost-summoning spiritualists, magicians, and satanists.

In English, anyway.

Not sure how far the Catholics have managed to pervert the Bible in Poland.

As long as you didn't sin knowingly for your own hedonistic pleasure.

And there is no guarantee you will live to see 70.

It's totally retarded to eat fish if you are a vegetarian. Fish is an animal, so are oysters and crabs.

>Lower meaningful food yield per unit weight would be my guess.
Bullshit.

Also, who is DDOSing Sup Forums and why?

I thought they ate only after a certain time each night

What about Euglenas and Lichens? They are part animal and part plant.

Greenhouse emissions have made admin's computers all rusty. Btw how much greenhouse emissions does AI produce?

What? We can't eat AI. What kind of question is that?

well its totally retarded to be a strict vegetarian
checkmate, athiests

Fungus is part animal, part plant, so it's ok to eat it. Also you aren't going to avoid something you can't avoid.

>atheists
>vegetarian
Hindus are vegetarian, Buddhists are vegetarian.

Since Pope Paul VI we don't have to abstain from red meat anymore on Fridays. We can nominate any sacrifice we want. Like on Fridays maybe I won't have dessert with my KFC 5-piece box of original recipe. Bam, I get my good boy points... And people wonder why the Church is in a death spiral.

Because the Latin 'carnes' means 'warm blooded animal' so Catholics got around it by eating fish

Wrong. Fungus is a different type of living thing alltogether, separate kingdom.

Yes.

Correct. Thank you Poland.

>Christians can't eat meat in Fridays
is this a new meme?

Jesus cares deeply about the CO2- and water footprint that comes with land agriculture, but thinks that overfishing is less of a problem.

Fungus is neither animal or plant, it's fungus, you could say it's part animal, part plant, but it actually is neither. Vegetarians only don't eat animals and fungus isn't an animal.

It is. Fish produce less CO2 and you can always breed fish in a hole in your backyard. People in Cambodia do that.

You can eat bread, sugar and cola during Friday perfectly fine. Most calories obese people ingest come in the form of junk (and cheap) processed carbs. Science > religion, can't deal with modern food industry.

Soo...basically they should be ok with eating a chicken born without frontal lobe, right? No brain, no pain.

I don't know where it came from, but Catholics in poland believe they can't eat meat on Fridays...

>I don't know where it came from
Probably from God.

But Jesus didn't say it.
Serbian Orthodox do it right. Catholics are just pussies about that.
Some in the Catholic church go hardcore about this and do it the Serbian orthodox way: SSS, Soy, Seitan or Soup. Other solution is beans.

It's not Jesus, it's a Catholic Pope centuries later. It has no relation to pain, but to blood mainly, and other few things.

You know, I think i will stop eating alltogether at Fridays and Wednesdays. I've heard that it's crazy healthy and it helps you to lose weight.

It's because mediaeval theory was that fish grew like plants in the water

Western vegetarians are a mix of healthy vegetarians and religious Hindu/Buddhist type vegetarians. Modern chicken are bred in battery cages, which means chicken lives in total darkness and is basically just empty inside, it never knew anything better, is he painful or is it just life, either way it's under stress, since plucking own feathers off. More than anything modern vegetarians don't eat that because it isn't healthy.

Wep, sea anemones pretty much do that. They also feel no pain.

Until Vatican II, the Catholic Church ordered all its members to eat only fish on a Friday. This rule had been in place since the early middle ages. It is supposed because Jesus died on a Friday and you refrain from meat to memorialise him.

In 1965, the Second Vatican Council said there was no theological or doctrinal basis for this, so Catholics were free to eat whatever they want on Fridays. The Protestant denominations had already given up on this tradition a long time before.

No-one is sure about what happens to all the Catholics before 1965 who went to hell for eating meat on a Friday. Possibly they got early release.

There's a lot of this in the US.
I'm sure there's still a lot of cages but this way they can label it "cage free" and sell more shit.

This guy knows what's up. Rosicrucian?

The

If you ever eaten homegrown chicken you know right away when you not eating one. I avoid industrial chicken, that's not even meat, it's just flabby muscleless shit. If somebody cooks it, i will eat it, but i will never buy that shit.

This has always been the case where I live (central Italy).

I think I did a few years ago.
My ex's mom used to buy a lot of food from the co-op, including chicken.
I used to try to buy organic stuff or less processed stuff, but I'm too poor for shit like that right now.
Luckily in Iowa there's a lot of opportunity to eat locally raised stuff, which I will probably get more into once I start making more money.

Bio food isn't always bio, it only meets the standards that are written in laws to be bio. I grown everything at home at one point or my relatives did, even kiwis and so on, i can tell you that in stores you won't find homegrown pears, oranges, strawberries, grapes, peaches, no matter how bio they present it. Peaches and apricots are especially off and tasteless compare to natural grown ones. Grapes are very few types, you could probably sell 300 types of grapes, but i see only around 4 types. Tomatoes are all more or less tasteless compare to homegrown. I sometimes buy it, but tomatoes and strawberries are only very red in store, but don't add much else than water to your dish.

I'm well aware of that, but it still ends up tasting better in genera.
We've got a lot of farmers markets and co-op things we can go to for stuff here though.
I really should try to get into growing stuff more, but at lest I could try to buy some co-op stuff or farmers market stuff more often.

Make sure they don't try to sell you GMO crops, since they might be much different than natural old types. I notice lately that corn types are very sugary, i planet some, that grows anywhere and then i ate it, was so sweat, like it was made in Charlie's chocolate factory. Old types aren't like that.

>the ancient Egyptian religion
>THE
You dumb fucking nigger you do realise Akhenaten's atenism lasted only during his extremely brief reign and was then universally abandoned in favour of the old polytheism? The successive Pharaohs of the Eighteenth Dynasty even went so far as to commit Akhenaten to damnatio memoriae. That said, the similarities between atenism and Christianity cannot be ignored. It's a shame so little evidence from the Amarna Period about Egypt survives; it would be very interesting to see how Akhenaten envisioned his religion and the extent to which it resembles Christianity.

If it's farm raised fish then it's even worse. The shit they feed them is really bad.
The best fish to eat are sardines. They're at the bottom of the food chain, so they don't ingest all the garbage and mercury like the large fish do.

Sardines aren't really known as quality fish, but oysters are the ones that really suck up all the poison from sea, in case sea is polluted, that's really what oysters do, they clean the sea and they are like storage boxes of shit from sea.

Is that some hot smoked mackerel? I eat that at my russian gf parents home, Shit was delicious with some boiled potatoes.

Fruit of the sea.

>jesus said

Were you, user?

Were you there?

>Christians can't eat meat in Friday

I have been a Christian all my life, never heard of such a thing. Why do you think Christians can't eat meat? Never read that in the Bible, and I have read it 3 times now.

Lol thinking Atencuck was mighty Amon-Ra's match.

A
FUCKING
DISC

Yup. I steam them until they naturally open up exposing the spine. That's the sign that they are ready.

Fish don't have souls.

Not eating meat on fridays (and on a bunch of other holy days) is a big thing in traditional Catholicism. Not so much a thing anymore.

If it's Catholic it probably is from Satan.

I believe US bible is different from our bible. Your jewish translators pulled a trick on you. Americans seem to find all kinds of retarded bullshit in their bibles.

A cross with a vagina on top. I know whats your motivator, kike slave. Keep sucking the abrahamaic cock, cuckerdoodle.

fish was said to reproduce asexually and was therefore alright to eat on holy days

it's also among other reasons why a fish is a symbol for jesus

daily reminder that people still say they have faith in this belief system

Where is it in your Bible? I use about 5 or 6 translations.

Eating crickets and grasshopers is perfectly okay dumbass, but we don't eat them cus they taste like shit

>Christians can't eat meat in Fridays
Yes I can. See, my religion won't behead me if I decide I want to disobey one stupid, small part of it.

The meme that Jesus was a filthy Jew needs to fucking die immediately. Pick up a fucking bible and youll find that Jesus frequently lambasted the Pharisees for being greedy, self-serving heretics. Eventually, they would be the ones to bribe Judas Iscariot to turn Jesus over to the Romans. It was the Pharisees who convinced Pontius Pilate to sentence Jesus to crucifixion. Christians hate the vile and evil kikes just as much as you.

Athiestcuck pls go

>Why aren't westerners eating crickets and grasshoppers when the jewish old Testament says that it's a-ok?
Because it's disgusting?