Daily reminder

Daily reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i4kfqmv2PoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aliens is just female Rambo in space. Can't believe some people think this is a case of the sequel being better than the original. Glad it's basically non-canon now.

I am waiting for the day when Sup Forums is finally able to write about those movies instead of endlessly whining about scriptwriting.

...there are people who disagree with this and warrant a 'reminder'...?

Sadly, yes.

basically

>write about those movies instead of endlessly whining about scriptwriting
What do you mean? I don't think there's wrong with the visuals of any of the Alien movies, any problems that exist in the films are down to the script.

I love both movies equally

t. Pleb

it confused me so much to learn that there are some people who unironically disagree with this

>only ONE of these is good, you cant like the one if you like the other
fuck off

>T. Plebian

for those kiddies who haven't realized this yet

these two movies are different genres

action horror vs suspense horror

stop comparing them

>You can't compare a movie to it's sequel

its*

Rickly hack pls go

Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair!

Literally all Alien films apart from Prometheus are trash

Aliens has better artwork, better music, bigger sets, some of the best special FX of all time, more characters that aren't just alien bait, complicated relationships, memorable dialogue, and it's suspenseful horror + action. If you like Alien, you should fucking kill yourself.

nigga you gay.

>Aliens has better artwork
Objectively wrong, it's one f the blandest looking movies I have ever seen.
>better music
Alien is not supposed to have music, retard.
>bigger sets
Objectively wrong
>some of the best special FX of all time
Objectively wrong, Alien had better effects.
>more characters that aren't just alien bait
Objetively wrong
>complicated relationships
Objectively wrong
>memorable dialogue
Reddit
>and it's suspenseful horror + action.
Objectively wrong

>Genre, budget and one liners are more important than story
Aliens fans, everyone!

>86998723
>86998796
>this low-tier bait

Nice try, Reddit.

>action horror
It's not any more horror than Total Recall though.
I could agree on Thriller maybe, but I don't see how Aliens would be a horror.

Sup Forums has a bad habit of thinking that the script is more important than the finished movie, and uses this as an excuse to ignore the movie. What you see in the movie is not a faithful recreation of the script, because the script isn't that detailed. Filming a scene alters it, you cannot directly translate from one medium to another, especially when the process intentionally adds new information. You have to discuss the scene. You can't go back to the script because it has become obsolete, it was only the first stage of production that was never intended to be seen by the audience.

Aliens > Alien > Alien Resurrection > Alien 3 > AVP

AAAand that's were you are wrong Alien is an actual horror movie and a truly great one at that. Aliens just an army movie in space with a tough wumans kicking ass.

Resurrection is objectively the patrician choice.

Fuck you all.

Where my resurrection niggas @

Alien franchise is reddit
Predator is /ourfranchise/

>Implying

Nice try, Pleb.

>Resurrection is objectively the patrician choice.
How? It's entertaining trash at best.

I thought we were just talking Alien vs Predator
everyone know T1 is better then anything in the alien or predator franchise

It's another "fa/tv/irgins being contrarian faggots" episode

How is preffering Alien over Aliens contrarian? Aliens is an objectively inferior film.

As dumb as it was

I really like that movie for the 90's nostalgia value

Best thinks about it
>the soundtrack
>that low light photography
>qt 90's Winona

Daily reminder

>some people on Sup Forums unironically defend Arnie not killing anyone

>>>/reddit/

He killed the T-1000 and himself, that's 2 guys.

>It's nothin personnel
kek

I meant they defend him not killing humans autist
robots don't really count and suicide never counts as a kill

He did kill a few of those guys in the bar.

Pleb is the idea of an Alien franchise as a subject of pop culture worthy of exploitation.
Patrician is Alien.

You're shit. The first Terminator movie is boring. The first Alien is boring too. You have to accept that James Cameron is the best director, and when he makes a sequel, its better.

>The first Terminator movie is boring
then why is gif related better then any action scene in T2

My nigga

It isn't

Go to bed Ridley.

Go back to plebbit, Jim.

>So I told Ridley he should make an Alien prequel and he actually did it!

Great taste

T2 is either just as good if not better in each and every single aspect

Both are awesome movies and aged well.

e l a b o r a t e

>both are awesome
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
e l a b o r a t e

It actually has the most living and authentic feeling to its universe.

>a cult sci-fi film with well implemented horror elements and stunning set pieces versus your run of the mill action flick
gee, what a tough choice!

Give me ONE reason why James Cameron isn't Reddit: The Director

he is, but The Abyss is his best work and legitimate K I N O

he's based

I also couldn't believe it. I knew people liked both and usually say Aliens is an example of a good sequel, but so many people believe that Aliens is a markup in everyway to the original. I mean, I think it's decent but it shits on the original so often with crap like the "insect" colony bullshit.

I can understand people preferring T2 to the original terminator, but

Serious? While the film is trying to be dark just for the sake of being dark (unlike the original film), it actually comes off as quite silly. There’s too many plot holes and the films effects look ridiculous, and the characters are not interesting at all. The film is just a mess.
They really should have stopped with Aliens, which is one of the greatest sequels ever made.

I don't know about that, it isn't that confusing. Broad action has a wider appeal to a really slow suspense movie that's all about tension and build up.
And I never really appreciated alien until I saw it on blu ray. You need that picture and sound quality in a dark room with no distractions.

>plot holes
Not really.
The movie had a notoriously fucked production. They began filming on an unfinished script that was still changing. They'd build a set only to find out that it was no longer in the movie.
Fincher walked off the project because of the producers pushing him around, and they released the movie with unfinished effects and a bad edit. Despite all that there's still a lot of good left in the movie. The work print edit (there is no DC since fincher refuses to acknowledge the movie) puts a lot more characterization and story back into the movie.

Alien has not aged well I just rewatched it with my nice setup

Alien 7/10
Aliens 5/10
Alien3 AC 6/10
AR 0/10
AvP 2/10
AVP 2 didnt watch/10
Prometheus 6/10
Alien Covenant 5/10

Scott's masterpiece vs Cameron's cookie cutter shoot em up

Can't tell if bait but I agree, the pacing in empire is retarded luke trains for like two days and there's literally zero plot development after they leave the rebel base.

hell fucking yes

>luke trains for like two days
>plot development
stop repeating the opinions of others you read on the internet.
they are wrong

>Alien has not aged well

Terminator > Titanic > Abyss >= Aliens > True Lies > Avatar

ranging from 8/10 at the bottom to 10/10 at the top

also I forgot to even put T2 on the map since it's at the bottom

I'm 26

The Terminator is legitimately one of the most tense 80's movies
youtu.be/i4kfqmv2PoQ
T2 is a kids movie.

Alien is just Halloween in space. Can't believe some people think this is a case of the original being better than the sequel. Glad that hack Ridley has proved that people only like it for nostalgia by making exact remakes that people hate even though they're the same.

Aliens is a better movie to rewatch and way more fun than Alien.

Alien loses its spooky factor on rewatches.

Alien > Alien 3 > Alien Resurrection > Aliens > Prometheus = Alien: Covenant

Pity (You)

Aliens is way more entertaining and Alien is just some slasher tier movie with a cool villian.

The alien creature is not even cool or scary anymore after all the exposure it got over the years.
Alien as a horror movie doesn't really work when nobody is scared of your villain.

Friendly reminder that Camercoon wanted to do a remake of Them! and simply recycled the script for Aliens.

>Titanic
>A shitty Romeo and Juliet story minus everything that made Romeo and Juliet a story worth telling
>A shitty romance story about a great historical tragedy, which was downright begging to be a dramatic retelling of the ambition, fruition and fall of a man's dream
>A movie that had the man it should have been about on screen for 10 minutes tops, and mostly as a background/side figure
I admit it's fantastically shot, and amazing work went into the costumes and setpieces, but that doesn't make me forgive that it did one of the single most cliched stories, instead of being about Thomas Andrews.

Mostly...

Tell it to the 11 Oscars bitch boy

Based Jim told those lazy Britbong crewmembers at Pinewood Studios to shove their tea up their arses.

Not a single one of which was for the script.

I thought I was the only one on this

you're right, but you also lack an argument