Spanish people take both their father's name and their mother's maiden name

>Spanish people take both their father's name and their mother's maiden name

Attached: soyboy spain.png (900x1171, 469K)

Portugal does the same but they have the mother's name first. Go make fun of them instead?

I think everyone does it like us, and only spain inverts the order

It would be useful to establish such system in the UK, so you could know when you're coming across Nigel Etherington O'Leary and when across Arthur Silverstone Fortescue.

We do it, but it is the wife's decision to keep her surname. I don't think I can just add my mother's surname along with my father's.

>I think everyone does it like us
no they don't
you and Brazil only... that i know of, maybe Angola and other negro places do it too

then what is the brit laughing at???

that he has no idea who his father is because he's only got one surname from his unwed mother

using your mother's name is some beta shit lad

He laughs at the notion of emasculated Spanish men sharing the privilege of passing their family name onto their offspring with their wives, which is unheard of in the culture he comes from.

you don't use it?

>beta shit
get a load of this virgin WASP

no we use the father only

they only use father surname?
our system is two names + mother surname + father surname

How come? Don't you Brits occasionally use your mother's surnames separated by an hyphen as well? Such as Johnson-Smith

the two first names aren't obligatory, you forgot to clarify

I think it is portugal only

Its 2018, so you can choose here.

Only one of them, or both

say whaaat? you do it too

you guys do it too Ronaldinho, don't try to hide it now to please the anglo

sometimes, but not common

Now that i checked my name tfw it is true

Attached: 82B871B3-EE54-430D-8A32-F81F59EFB237.png (1066x600, 217K)

>I love throwing my mother's heritage in the bin by not taking her name!!

Attached: 1516186100648.gif (800x800, 195K)

It's not the mother's MAIDEN name, it's just the mother's surname as women don't take the husband's

so in england the kids of the mother don't even have her name??? ahaha cucked, don't the feminists chimp out about it???

>swedes

Why so knowledgeable about a far away country.

Only rich cunts have double-barrelled surnames.

here we only pass one surname, but now you can choose which one.
the spanish do this because otherwise they are all the same, not for soyboy reasons

Think of this

Alejandro Gutiérrez (there must be millions of people called that, and dozens of thousands in Spain). It would be impossible to find the particular one you want in facebook, and in a school you will have many pupils called that.

By using a second name, and a second surname, the Spanish become less samey in their names

Alejandro Alberto Gutiérrez Jiménez, the number of people exactly called like that is much smaller

In Argentina we use only one surname, because we have more varied ones. You wouldnt get a lot of people called exactly the same as in Spain.

he's not swedish

in the UK women give up their maiden name and take the surname of her husband (unless she is a feminist cunt)

we don't do it either, traditionally at least
and for male offspring you are also supposed to pass down your grandpa's name, although it's much less important

Attached: 1519835401126.jpg (708x480, 30K)

Because I'm Spanish
Anyway, it's just a curious fact

sad, women don't have dignity, what if they divorce kek,

>and for male offspring you are also supposed to pass down your grandpa's name, although it's much less important
that used to be common in the UK until single motherhood became the norm

you use the english system too? wtf

they can keep their husbands surname or change it back

The woman taking the surname of the husband is very alpha

for the husband maybe, for the women is humiliating. it's like they are an appendice of the husband from now on, instead of a person

>Marcos Alonso Mendoza
>Marcos Alonso Pena
>Marcos Alonso Imaz

Attached: ic6Zhb.png (403x448, 28K)

>english system
more like normal traditional system lad, women marrying into the husband's family and becoming part of it is the normality in European culture

that's actually pretty neat desu

imagine you have a daughter, you would like for her to lose her/your surname once she marries?

it's to establish them as part of the same family, not to humiliate them

>british people take their wifes lovers last name

Attached: wanna.jpg (542x616, 36K)

desu i don't hate my mom

this is the most informative int thread I've been into, I had no idea of this

daughters are irrelevant, who cares what happens to them

Interesting point of view.

here for wives it used to be "her surname" + "of her husband's surname"

For example, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner

That is my point of view too
People with the humiliate bs is retarded

>english system
that's now how it works

you would like to lose your surname when you marry your wife?

Here, women take the husband's surname but also keep their surname. When I'm asked to sign my name, I sign my first and my last (my father's) but I have four. Two of my own and one for each side of the family.

>fuck womminz xDDDDDDD

Wait people are saying that Portuguese do the same thing but i dont have my mother's MAIDEN name, i have her surname(which is my grandfather's surname) and then my father's name after the first two.

I though everyone did it like that wtf

No because i am a man she should lose the surname

no because I am a man and therefore my heritage and name is more important
soyboy
LOL

I have my mother maiden name, and my father's one, I thought everyone did it like this here

may I add that we need more threads like this on Sup Forums

having any connection to the maternal side of your family is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself, your paternity defines who you really are

Damn that's a lot of work. It is not mandatory here, and most people only have one surname.
But when a woman has an uncommon surname, they tend to keep it and add it with their husband's.

my father's family is hillbilly central though, plus it's a more common name, I'm glad I have my mother's name.

t. inbred

>Anglos are such shitty people they don't want to be related to their own mothers
Pathetic

Here you can have 20 names (first name + middle name +last name all together)

Yes, like the old spanish names from colonial times.

max characters: 150

In Spain it is: Name 2nd Name Father's first surname (his father's first) Mother's first surname (her father's first)

In Spain it's also like that but in that case it's added to the first surname so it's not lost, for example: Arturo Pérez-Reverte, only has 1 surname bc the second has been added to the first. When he has children, their first surname will be Pérez-Reverte

t. products of single mother households

laughing all the way to benidorm with my proud surname traced back through dozens of generations of proud anglo-saxon MEN and not faggot ass disgusting blood dripping roastie females

I am not hating, I just prefer having my mother's name too

Stop hating your mother

how can you call yourself a man if you have your mother's name?

We don't join them with the "-" but it is treated as a single surname. And of course the children will get the new surname.

>how can you call yourself a man
>a man
Take a wild guess, my man

I said the mother taking the surname of the husband is alpha but you’re full of bullshit now

Attached: 2EDA900A-C28F-4EF8-BDCF-D1F76310C9C0.jpg (906x813, 110K)

Actually no, actually I'm commonly known by my father's surname (bacause is kind of uncommon). Do you realize that in spnish system, the surnames that keep getting passed through generations are from the paternal side? It's just we have our mothers surname too, but that one gets lost for our kids

please be in Bonn

>grug give son name of mother, is more fair!

Attached: grug.png (485x443, 64K)

So they will name their child with two surnames that passes on to their grandchildren who will also have two surnames? If a woman has two surnames she will decide to pass them on, etc?

Yes, really the only relevant surnames heritage-wise are the father's, the mother is only relevant if it is rare then you will be most likely known by that, but you won't pass it

The mother's name that passes on is her father's anyway

>parents are from a spanish speaking country
>they both have the same last name
>still gave me a dual last name for some reason
>everyone thinks my last name is a typo or data entry error

why do you all hate your moms?

Alistair Chadwick marries María López (God forbid such unholy unions). Their child would inherit both surnames, hence the newborn be registered as Oliver Chadwick López.

nah, a Brit wouldn't allow that the child would just be called Oliver Chadwick

>chadwick
gross

It's just the autistic bong who thinks rejecting her mother's heritage is alfa

I don't, I just think taking your mother's surname is pathetic

Carolina Herrera Bang

Herrera - spanish father surname
Bang - norwegian mother surname

Attached: 26911_carolina-bang-en-los-premios-must-2011.jpg (930x1395, 228K)

>proud anglo-saxon MEN
fuck off celtic mutt

mad as fuck, juan soyboy hijo de negro

>tfw 3 last names & 4 first & middle names.

I hate my life

Attached: upload.png (800x450, 408K)

do norwegian men even breed? I have not seen a single instance of a Norwegian man reproducing with a foreigner but I've seen dozens of their women with foreigners

You got trolled by your parents

Scandinavian men have been sterile since 1960

>So they will name their child with two surnames that passes on to their grandchildren who will also have two surnames?
I might be mistaken. I don't think that the children getting both surnames is always the case. While in some case it happens,
otherwise the surnames wouldn't survive (like Borg Olivier and Fenech Adami), I think there are cases where the children take only
the father's name. I believe the President's daughter is an example of that.

Ingrid GARCIA Johnsson
oh no no no
it's actually half swede this one though

Attached: 128.jpg (300x300, 71K)

>3 last names

Attached: epic_lulz.png (336x326, 138K)

I am hardly surprised

>Portuguese man with a depigmented mixed race women fetish
Unsurprising.

Old colonial names, have you ever heard about "apellidos compuestos"?

t. Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz Picasso

You now know the full name of Picasso
Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso