Daily Japanese Thread #1984.5

Japanese is easy with the aid of Adderall!

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/DJT

Previous thread: (.5 to compensate for the quick shift from 1982 to 1983).

Attached: 1519532009584.png (1600x1600, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/word/ぞい
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>土曜日
>誰もいない
怒っているカエル.jpg

Is this how Japan drugs those kids before they send them into sex trafficking?

What sex trafficking?

The sex trafficking that Japan hides under the curtains because "muh social stigma"

Oh, that sex trafficking.

尿意を催す

not reading anything today, my nerves need some rest

Attached: 1421175240704.jpg (180x112, 7K)

Watch some chill Japanese streams, very soothing and easygoing. NO DAYS OFF!

Get a VPN and shitpost on the JP net

Your waifu won't become real no matter how many kanji you cram in

>not knowing Tulpaese

You can't learn Japanese.

Attached: 1500498757110.jpg (1600x900, 604K)

>that gibberish
Please tell me that's not supposed to mean anything

Read anything fun today 先輩?

>Hey, 辷, what are you doing?
>N-nothing much, just hanging out with my old pal

HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1382185224335.jpg (318x335, 13K)

C'mon, I'm sure no one takes these seriously.

弌 HAHAHAHAHA

Okay, that one was unfair, but you should be able to read this.

Attached: 1514708732869.jpg (1600x900, 601K)

I will master all kanji, become an authority on the subject and then use my prestige to make a kanji that represents my waifu.

If I can't make her real, I shall make her 常用!

Attached: 1490655750429.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

I'm learning some vocab and watching Aliens, max comfy

Context is they're practicing singing.
>三回歌いきったら終わり。
I assume it's the たら of 切る and I can surmise what he's trying to say but the 終わり sounds funky.
Is this actually the たら of 切る or is it something else?

Attached: 三回歌いきったら終わり。.png (774x320, 223K)

Can anyone tell me how to type a word document in japanese? I'm using microsoft word 2016, with the japanese keyboard and microsoft IME. (I'm using windows 7 still.) Whenever it types, it gives me random kana. I think this is because it believes I have a japanese keyboard when I don't. For instance, when I type 'b' it gives me the kana for ko. But when I type k-o it doesn't. I don't have an actual japanese keyboard. Does anyone know what to do? I've googled and looked through the resources in the OP but still can't figure it out.

Can you type normally outside of word? If so, the solution is finding where Word handles keyboard recognition and change it to US keyboard or whatever.
Also get LibreOffice, I don't miss MS Office at all.

So it types normally outside of word?

I'm going all in boys, wish me luck.

Attached: IMG_20180314.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Ganbatte

is genki worth doing?
t.around 1200 cards in anki currently

Attached: 1518852120437.jpg (1503x840, 115K)

>a whole book dedicated to shadowing
Being a con artist really pays off, huh...

You will burn.

I saw it recommended on some site and I've completely ignored speaking, is shadowing a bad idea?

BASED

It's not, it's just you can explain everything there is to it in 5 pages maximum. Don't diss the method, complement it with self-talk whenever.

No, it types with the same problems I've laid out in other places, firefox for example. And I do use LibreOffice on my main computer, I just don't know how to type in japanese in it. Also my sensei wants MS Gothic or MS Mincho for the fonts, and LibreOffice doesn't have that.
Thank you for helping me by the way, I appreciate it.

>tfw you will never be fluent enough to think by default in japanese instead of your L1

In Windows you can change the keyboard layout settings, it should work then

Could you link me to a tutorial or webpage detailing this process? I can't find it under the same areas where I downloaded the japanese keyboard in the first place. I got it under the control panel and add languages/etc option.

Sorry I'm on my phone right now and more or less getting ready to sleep... but I think maybe you can take a look at the IME settings, if I remember correctly there's some options for the layout as well

Okay thank you. I am experimenting with it now.

Hello, Here.
Problem solved! Thank you very much.I had my input method on hiragana instead of romaji. Thank you to all who helped me!

Attached: success.jpg (1240x955, 42K)

So it's tl;dr you listen to anime and you repeat the lines you hear, and you do that until you can do it well.
This sounds stupid, but the method clearly becoming most useful to me is to have practice conversations in my head (or aloud, if you are lucky enough to live alone) in the target language. Conversations on anything you want. Weeby, real life stuff, whatever. If I can't think of a word, I think of a workaround to convey the same meaning. Then when I go in anki and say, I find the word that I was looking for in an earlier practice conversation, I actually remember it because my brain recognizes it as useful to remember. Same for grammar patterns.
I guess shadowing would be useful because it's a natural way to learn. If a kid hears a word he doesn't know, he repeats it a few times. I feel a lot of these methods are more complicated than need be.
>LibreOffice doesn't have that
at least for other software, if you install fonts in your control panel fonts, it adds those to your programs. Haven't tried it for libre but I don't see why not.

That's what self-talk means.

But you gotta imitate others before you can produce your own sounds in a convincing manner.
Shadowing is just bruteforcing this process.

japaese is for gay

Makes sense. Thank you.
>Hungayria

magyarorszag* te faszopo

>Magayrorsfag

>tfw you spend all your time online so your head is all fucked up and you naturally think randomly in English, Finnish and Japanese, sometimes mixing them up
I end up finding so many words I know in two languages but have forgotten in the third language

>flibbertigibbet

Japanese is teaching me English every day.

Wow, never heard of shadowing before. Is it effective? Does /djt/ recommend it?

Is 行くぜ an informal/rough 行きましょう?

Just in general ぜ vs ましょう

Attached: 1485764368783.png (263x220, 104K)

Good thing I don't have one yet!

fighto~

Attached: [email protected] (1162x2828, 736K)

>Suspended: 15
Guess you have enough cards for another day of learning!
Congratulations, user. That's Core10k, right? Rare to find someone who went through it.

What? 援助交際?

nice catch, i'm not even sure how those cards were suspended. fixed anyhow

aye, core 10k seemed like the most substantial deck at the time so i've just been a stubborn retard ever since

and t-thanks, but the journey has just begun and anki is just a small part desu

kanken training 2 is fantastic by the way if anyone is trying to squiggle moonroons. 3ds game

It's a contraction of ぞえ, which is itself a variation of ぞい.

jisho.org/word/ぞい

Attached: 1515281603215.png (430x429, 247K)

I think you failed those cards for quite a lot. It suspends them by default after a certain number of times [Again] was pressed.

Is it normal that JLPT certificates take a longer time to be delivered than what was expected? It's already late March and they said that it will be delivered around early March.

I think it's たら of 切る

>"Stop!"
>Shindou raised his voice.
>We sing it all the way through three times, and then we're done.
>Or, that's how it's supposed to be, but since Shindou keeps calling out for us to stop and start over from the beginning, practice that day never seemed like it was ever going to end.

三回歌いきったら、終わり(だ)
once [we] completely sing three times, (it is) the end

終わり might sound "funky" because it's not being used as a verb, it's a nominal with the final conjugation omitted.

How many cards into core6k should I start reading at?

Grammar is the bigger issue when it comes to reading. You can power through a difficult (in terms of vocabulary) reading if you have solid grammar, if you can tolerate consulting a dictionary from time to time. I recommend you start reading when you get Basic Japanese (whole Tae Kim) ironed out.

I read through Tae Kim once and took notes, is that considered "ironed out"?

If you read it carefully, probably. You'll be reviewing them a lot when you actually submerge yourself into media, and that is normal. In short, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

But I recommend at least 2k.

What is there to grammar besides just knowing the particles and how they are used?
I feel like all you need to know is particles, verbs, nouns, adjectives, and that's about it

hahahahahaha

ah yeah I guess I forgot conjugations, and remembering that nouns are generally expressed with kanji, and particles are always hiragana. My bad

almost done

the end of an era

Attached: Capture.png (307x359, 13K)

Congrats, you're almost a third to where I am.

im not doing 10k mate, no thanks

ごちそうさまでした

Who said it was 10k? Even 6k was a waste of time for me when I could be mining and using J-J cards.

that's what Ive been doing on the side, part of why it took me so long

Is it just me or why do so many of these j-j grammar explanation sites block the copy paste feature? Throughout the last months of studying japanese I came across a handful of websites that prevent you from copying any text from their website. Gogen allguide being just one of these.

do japanese women like KARA BOĞA men?

wtf, are turks back again?

ほわいと ぴっぐ ご ほむ

Should I go for 50 new cards a day?

Attached: 1516810411480.png (646x595, 280K)

Haha dude, there is more to grammar than just 10 rules. It's literally how a language is constructed.

please just stop, I wish I could see your face when you get btfo by simple mango

Let me guess, you've never learned another language in your life?

that's where my assumption is coming from, the fact that I could pick up a mango I bought, and still being on a really basic level of beginner - can figure out what's being said in a lot of it, the gaps are literally just from particles, words, and phrases I don't understand yet.

Attached: 220px-Kakegurui_-_Compulsive_Gambler,_Volume_1.jpg (220x312, 30K)

歌い切る(compound verb):to sing a song to the end
~たら=~たらば/~たならば:time of action is future perfect
in the subjunctive clause
(「たら」は、完了の助動詞「たり」の未然形で、現在の口語の完了の助動詞「た」の仮定形としても使われる(已然形「たれば」があり、その一方で「ならば」は未然、「なれば」が已然なのだが、日本語の仮定法subjunctive moodを表す接続助詞として特化している。特に「たら」は、完了の条件節であることを示す))
三回歌いきったら終わり。
If we have finished singing it three times, it's over(it'll be over)

Attached: 009.jpg (850x1082, 142K)

just start reading, you're at a stage still where you don't even understand what you don't understand and you'll realize this soon

Only if you want to burn out.

Attached: 1507816304116.jpg (640x480, 16K)

no!

Sounds like a load of bullshit for people who don't want to put in the work and are looking for a quick-fix cure.

god dammit this shit would be so much easier to learn if you didn't have to learn new kanji characters for every other new word that you learn

might switch to korean tbqh

I think it sounds like a rather effective way of incorporating knowledge. I won't try it 2bh, but I imagine healthy language learning is a bit like braiding a rope from several strands

and do what? you can fap to k-pop without understanding shit

>and do what? you can fap to k-pop without understanding shit
lmao are you going to pretend like japanese is a useful language?

well, comparatively it is one of the most useful, because japan has a massive output of media to consume and I don't know on what else I should measure utility besides the number of speakers
you literally are on a website for chinese cave paintings, I guess if you have no special interest in anime/manga/LN/vidya,j-pop, jdrama etc. you might as well learn korean

In terms of real life applications, it's pretty dodgy how useful it is. I may plan to pursue graduate studies there and I heard they pretty much use Japanese (at least in my field) in discussions. There, my Japanese skill would come in handy. If you don't plan anything of that sort, it sure would have little bearing outside of consuming media.
But "real life" interactions isn't really why I learn Japanese, so I don't feel it being useless as long as I can enjoy stuff that I like a little bit more.

>I heard they pretty much use Japanese (at least in my field)
what field?

The sciences (chemistry). I currently have friends over there and they tell me they discuss scientific stuff in Japanese. One of them even attended a conference held in Japanese (they already had studied beforehand).

have you considered how valuable Japanese is as a business language?

if "usefulness as a business language" is your only criterion, then japanese is pretty far down the list of best choices of a language to learn

>Entertainment is useless
Stay stressed

Honestly, most multi-national corporations and transactions are mostly done in English. The only one "viable" enough other than English is Chinese. This might have been true if it was in the 80's but now, Japanese economy had been stagnating for quite a long time now but it isn't far down below as implies as Japanese still tend to be stubborn with regards to business language.

hi