What's your take on jury duty?

What's your take on jury duty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qOd7prV8Zo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People seem to make snap judgements on whether someone is guilty or not. That's my experience form doing it in the UK

Random joes from the street should not be deciding whether or not someone is guilty.

Weaseled my way out of it once, but desudesu it's a pretty important component of the justice system. Especially the bit about jury nullification that no one tells you about

>12 retarded idiots, selectively picked by each side to give them their desired outcome

sounds like Sup Forums

>I've never been selected for jury duty

The post

I wanna suck taytay's feminine cock >_

If you can't convince 12 idiots of someone's guilt/innocent you're a shitty lawyer

Also, judges are easily swayed no matter how 'intelligent' they are. They are far more worried of their careers than handing a fair judgement.

taking photos from inside the process? sounds like a good way to get the case thrown out, user. i like the way you think!

I just know I'll never have to do it

Maybe it's just the orientation..

>random people decide if someone's guilty

this is so retarded only a muslim could come up with such system

I served as an alternate juror on a murder trial. Pretty much a slam dunk seeing as the defendant and his accomplice were complete idiots. He took his blood soaked jeep to an auto shop to have the carpet replaced and used the name "John Smith" on the work order. No joke. I suspect the only reason the trial was held was to avoid a life sentence which failed.

As much as dreaded it from the start, I'm glad I went through it just to see how things work.

A jury based system is a nice concept - being judged by 12 of your own kind and stuff. But it's not exactly working.

Now that I work salary in my comfy office I would probably do Jury Duty just as an excuse to do something different for the day.

I am mixed on the concept. I doubt I could be impartial.

I hate it. I ended up in the pool for three trials and each time the judge asked if anyone couldn't participate I lied and said I was a paranoid schizo. Got out of it in the end and got a full days pay from my work for bullshiting judges for a few hours.

>ignoring the political correctness climate

>got picked for jury duty when I was barely past 18
>removed because no lawyer wants some fresh 18 year old on their panel
>called in again when I was 20 or something
>know they might somehow pick me this time
>don't shave for 3 weeks before hand
>wear sleeping pants and a sweater
>don't sleep before I go in
>walk into the courtroom looking like a school shooter
>don't even manage to sit down in the jury box before they tell me I can leave

Make sure you wear your I Hate Niggers t-shirt the next time they call you in.

Had jury duty twice both times it got pleaded out before trial. Was happy with the 15 USD check I got a few days later in the mail. I never cashed the check and just kept it to hang on the wall. I figured it would throw the books off at the end of the year for the county's book keeper causing them more work. Yea I'm an asshole like that.

Having served on two juries, I would never agree to a jury trial if I was falsely accused of a crime. Some highlights from my fellow jurors:

> focusing on the most irrelevant details of the case, which aren't in disputes and in no way connected to the crime
> discounting the medical examiner's statement because he "looked like a creeper"
> proposing finding the defendant guilty so that we could leave sooner

Remember anons, if you are accused of a crime get the best lawyer you can afford (get a second mortgage, take out high interest loans, whatever you can do to raise more cash) and elect for a bench trial. Your peers aren't your peers any more.

i'd rather be judged by the gallery than a fucking jury

I think the problem is, and it's clear from all the posters in this thread, people are really fucking lazy, pathetic, weak and stupid, as they've all shown

>be invited to participate in the best justice system on earth
>fuck that, I'd rather stay home and shitpost and leave this guys life in the hand of mouthbreathers

>>fuck that, I'd rather stay home and shitpost and leave this guys life in the hand of mouthbreathers
>besides myself, the verdict is determined by a bunch of retards
>best justice system on earth
uhhh...

I've yet to be called for jury duty, but I know my days are numbered.

Also, I would like to tape a butt plug up Taylor Swifts ass and feed her for an entire day. Then when she can't hold it anymore, I'd rip the plug out and have her make an explosion all over my face. From there I'd use her shit as lubricant and fuck her until she prolapses.

I love Mondays.

Never had a problem with it.

Some people are such whiny bitches about having to go.

I'm old and finally got called recently. Actually wanted to be on the jury out of curiosity. Was a case where a nigger got fired from his job because he was caught sleeping. His Jew lawyer's defense apparently was going to be, I kid you not, that the guy had narcolepsy AND the black boss was an Uncle Tom racist who had called him a lazy nigger to a different black employee.

I guess they have access to voter rolls and he saw that I did not vote for Obama (or at all in the last few elections), and in voire dire he basically attacked me for being a fucking white male. He made sure to keep me off the jury.

How does it work ?

Do you get a letter that you are on jury duty at some random date ?

Has any of you been there ? Were you judging a nigger ?

>Tfw I do this to myself every weekend

It is a delectable experience user you should try it for yourself

>what? user don't be ridiculous, no policeman is ever wrong

I root for the cops to teargas BLM and beat them with sticks as much as the next guy, but this still pissed me off. Also the odds are blatantly and heavily stacked in favor of the prosecution

>ill judge completely based on race

youtube.com/watch?v=6qOd7prV8Zo

i never show up unless its a subpoena

Holy shit, is that who I think it is?!?!

Idk I was in a trial last year and that seems fairly accurate. I was picked by the defense because I gave (honest) answers that sounded like I would be sympathetic to the defendant, and I was duly one of two jurors who refused to vote guilty for four hours or so

The defense attorney was pretty shit so one of the three people he picked ended up being the first to vote guilty

I caved in the end but got 1 of the three charges dropped to salve my guilt

>Random joes from the street should not be deciding whether or not someone is guilty.

It's either random morons or appointed people in the pockets of the prosecution

This, as Kek wills it. All whites are innocent. I don't give a shit how unpopular it is or if they were caught raping an old woman on camera. Unless they are a coal burner or otherwise hurt whites or right wingers, then all whites are innocent and all browns go to jail.

FAT
A
T

it is.

Had a similar experience. The guy showed up at his ex's house. Fist fights a cop outside, then shoots the door open and accidently shot his ex. This guy came to court and pled the 5th.

I think it is very important.

When selected I realized I could not though. The county who summoned me was not my current county of residence.