School in the >current year

>first day of school
>first class
>intro to chemistry
>teacher tells us ten minutes into class that the sky is blue because O3 is blue and that's what we're looking at
>wait for him to be joking
>he isn't
>Second class English 1010
>teacher is 27 and says to our faces that she likes to read and laugh at papers by "close minded" students
>wait for her to be joking
>she isn't
God Sup Forums I thought the college meme was over exaggerated
I haven't even gone to Anthropology yet
What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Purple_vs._violet
youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=3mmBuHbzPPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why is the sky blue if not the o3?

Blue has the shortest wavelength of visible light and is scattered the least by the atmosphere. Red has the longest wavelength and is scattered the most.

Google is your friend faggot

Breaking of light by the air.
O3 is one of the keys to having a ozone layer. But all together it looks like it is blue because it 'breaks' the light and the opposite wavelength is eliminated in the process. Thats why.

I feel your pain, OP. Today my mathematics professor was going over truth tables and statements of paradox, and he listed "Hillary Clinton will be the next US president" as one of the points for the class deciding if it was true, false, or a paradox.

They all picked true of course.

It's blue because it reflects the oceans. If you put sky in a glass, it's clear, as you all know. The reason we say "the sky is blue" is simply because oceans are blue and they reflect the light into the sky.

>Blue has the shortest wavelength of visible light and is scattered the least by the atmosphere

Then why isn't the sky purple :D

Purple doesn't actually exist, it's a fake color designed to make blue and red merge together into a circle when the spectrum is linear and doesn't naturally fit together at the ends. There is no purple in a real spectrum or rainbow, it just goes from deep red to deep blue.

In a math class?
I was expecting more from Chemistry but I've only met one or two math teachers who weren't obvious autists.
God that sucks. Did you stand up for yourself?

That's the same thing the retard next to me said. You are a retard.

but if purple didn't exist how can we see it?

A rainbow is white light, we can't see beyond white light mang.

Ok, fine, violet then, smartass

Of course I said it was neither true or false (a paradox in this introductory terminology). Wasn't quite comfortable enough to go full MAGA, but I did my part.

>purple doesn't exist

Nigger you what

Isn't your chem professor right, albeit in an absurdly simplistic manner? Because blue is the only wavelength that isn't scattered by the O3, the O3 appears to be blue.

Sorry if I'm being retarded. I'm a geology major, not a physics or chem major.

Purple is a pigment, not a color in the light spectrum.

it has to be in the spectrum otherwise we can't see it.

wait what?
you mean the opposite. the ocean is blue instead of clear because it reflects the sky.

smdhtbqhwyf

>Violet is a spectral color – it occupies its own place at the end of the spectrum of light first identified by Newton in 1672, and it has its own wavelength (approximately 380–420 nm) – whereas purple is a combination of two spectral colors, red and blue. There is no such thing as the "wavelength of purple light"; it only exists as a combination.[15][16]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Purple_vs._violet

The nerve of some people..

>shames 'close-minded' students
>by breaching university policy and making their work public
1.do a little legal due diligence
2.form case proving this illegal
3.wait for your work to be read
4.threaten suing school
5.either she's fired and/or you get compensation
this is entirely feasible
play like a kike, you play to win

Purple is like brown or gray, it's a mixture of other colors but does not appear in the light spectrum. It's still a "color" but it's not a pure color of light because it's only formed by combining blue and red.

Sarcasm doesnt translate well in text I'm afraid. I did a retarded spin on the "oceans are blue because of the sky" (which is true)

Bankbro has a point. Game the libs.

Don't try to fight in user. Game the system to your advantage and go along with the flow. You will lose more than you will ever achieve through argument. You need to get out of college as fast as possible and move onto the real world.

Semantics, don't be a nigger. When user said purple he clearly meant violet, hory shet

>Anthropology

Why do you guys take left-wing subjects then get pissed that there is a left wing bias in the subject?

For all the idiots who literally don't know why the sky is blue:

Rayleigh scattering.

Visible Light is part of the EM spectrum.
Same reason why deep water is blue, like Crater Lake in Oregon.

Next you'll want to know why grass is green.

One of my professors went on about how there is too many men in the class and said it should be 50/50 because not enough women are being encouraged to go into stem

It surprised me that a man that is logical enough to understand physics so well would buy into the idea that men and women are the same, even though its obvious women tend to prefer different areas of study

>Second day of English 1001
>'Y'all need this textbook"
>"I don't support capitalism and big corporations so if you use the 5th edition instead of the 6ths I dont care because its free, But I am required to tell you to buy the 6th."

Your brain makes the purple from equal parts red and blue wavelengths outside your eyes to your soul.

Going full MAGA in a modern classroom is basically suicide. That was a good choice on your part.

>Swedish education

by that logic green doesn't exist either because it's a mixture of blue and yellow.

I'm glad I graduated just in the nick of time. Then again, I've now become a NEET while I transition to the next stage.

Required class for generals at my school.
But look at The same kind of bias in a STEM meme class.

Go to different college bro

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0&t=0s

Rayleigh scattering, you literal faggot.

No, I'm quite certain it's the opposite :^)

the sky is blue because God made it that way

don't fall for the college Jew

The mountain Jew knows what he is speaking of

If you distrust Jews so much why do you believe their book?

I went to college in 1998 and it was exactly like you're all stating.

It was the biggest redpill of all.

youtube.com/watch?v=3mmBuHbzPPE
you owe me one, goy.

>Teacher says you need to buy a big ass, over $100 book.
>Never use it a single fucking time

Should be able to sue these fucks.

But he's right. The sky is blue because of the O3. You think there's some inherent "color" that objects emit ?

and they say canada is some kind of neolib hellhole. when I went to CEGEP, i experienced none of that shit. the local student organizations were corrupt and left-leaning but i never had a class I had to drop because OMG LIBERAL BULLSHIT

and I took "New School" new-age hippy classes too

also
>intro to chemistry and not just chemistry NYA/101
>English 1010
>Anthropology
what kind of enhanced meme degree are you taking

the oceans are blue because we keep dumping that blue toilet cleaner into it

>teacher is 27 and says to our faces that she likes to read and laugh at papers by "close-minded" students

Is it only female teachers that do this? I've had some very very left wing male teachers during my college career and they all made it clear that they tolerated all viewpoints and wouldn't grade you differently for expressing opinions. But female teachers seem to be incapable of grading controversial beliefs fairly.

You better be some somali nigger. I refuse to believe swens are that retarded.

just stop buying the books you fucking moron

the library should have copies for you to take out if you need them for exercises or whatever, and any equivalent book will be fine if you just need it for reference, like in math or something

women in general are trash who can't tolerate things that don't serve them, so when they're in positions of power, they'll punish people who don't believe the same things they do

Some solid advice there user.

Look at the cost of your degree, and picture it in cash. You ever held that much cash user? How many burgers will you have to flip to pay for losing a years credits because you quoted an article posted here and offended some it?

There was someone here who said he never responded to an email for a feminist society meeting, incase he got roped into some crap and he got his face and email and door number posted on a board titled enemies of the feminist society.

And just think about that every time you get an email about joining a transfem society. Ignor it or politely decline because it clashes.

If you get stuff like this, just ignor it, screenshot the email, complain to the school, screenshot the complaints. Take a photo of the board and keep it, and back it up. Do not engage them and their crap.

Wait until you have your degree before taking any action, and see if you care about it after you have your degree in hand.

Ignore it if you can.

>anthropology class
>first lecture is on ethnocentrism
>"anthropologists have been infatuated with the idea that all civilizations follow an ethnocentric model of development"
>"but this idea is wrong, not only because it is racist and sexist, but also because there's no linear model of development among civilizations"
>raise my hand
>so you're telling me that primitive african tribal societies are just as developed as spacefaring civilizations
>entire class goes silent, some girls behind me start whispering "is he serious? wtf"
>"primitive is a problematic word, user. we don't like using that here. but yes, that's exactly right, development has nothing to do with technological advancement"

Why do they do this. Why do they corrupt the youth with this bullshit

I'm sure a lot of students and professors at my college are memes but I've been here for almost 3 years and I haven't really see things people complain about here.

My main engineering professor is an Armenian immigrant, he's pretty based.
There's like NRA stickers on the office door and I'm pretty sure some people finish AR lowers on the CNCs.

My classes are pretty small and close though, I think if some normie joined we'd get the PC police called on us.

as says, that's violet, not purple

none of that post follows anything else in that post. I think what happened is the teach said something, you took it the wrong way, and asked a dumbshit question that has nothing to do with the topic and the teacher was politely trying to tell you "please stop bringing up how much you hate niggers when I'm trying to talk about development itself"

really, it sounds like they were talking about the act of development itself, and not the speed or state of development.

stop stealing paint chips from the department store, it doesnt make you better than other people just because you know royal blue from electric blue >:(

>The sky is blue because O3 is blue
hurr durr durr

Ask him why sunsets are red and orange, see what he says
I can't imagine what he'd say about rainbows

>Be me in law school
>First Amendment
>Cuck professor plasters Trump on his PowerPoint
>Asks if their should be limits to free speech because of PC
>All dindus in class voice their approval
>Cuck professor agrees with them
Wat do?

Sup Forums - Physics and Chemistry

>but if purple didn't exist how can we see it?
Your eyes have receptor cells for both blue and red. When both those receptors are triggered, the result is purple to your brain. That's all. But you aren't seeing "purple light" you're seeing red light and blue light at the same time.

Interestingly, your eyes don't have yellow receptors, even though yellow is a "primary color". Your brain can see yellow because you have green receptors which are also semi-sensitive to blue and yellow: your brain "makes" yellow when your green receptors are triggered but your blue receptors are NOT.

drop the class because why are you taking a class that's just a Hot Opinion Echo Chamber

why isnt the class teaching you something instead of asking for your opinion

It's always a fucking leaf. Shoo, you moron.

Development among societies has everything to do with technological advancements you loon. Re-read your post again and tell me if it makes any sense. "the act of development has nothing to do with the state of development"

fascinating, thank you for that.

Anthropology is left wing?

This is literally what I was taught in Swedish school, no joke.

Feel you user.

>have assembly
>director goes up, just like very time
>this guy lives to give speeches
>mid-speech talking about values and bigotry
>trump surges
>10 mins rant about trump and how "we aint like that" "we better" "we learn together" "in our diversity we find strength"
>random libtards cheering mid-speech
>end of speech now
>"we re tolerant here! If you dont like that you can leave. I mean it, anyone supporting trump raise their hand, cause i dont want them in this building!"
>feelingtolerantasfucknow

Incredible how they cant see the irony

Sven...Are you the Reinerfag in the /snk/ threads who thinks women don't have hairy asses and men don't have estrogen, only pseudo-estrogen?

Just say something about Hitler limiting the freedom of speech.

Obviously because grass reproduces through rape like ducks and uses chloroform to incapacitate it's mate.

It used to be right wing, then Frankfurt school of critical theory invaded academia, and now it's based on entirely fee-fees and social justice

LEAVE YOU UNDERAGE FAGGOT
>LEAVE YOU UNDERAGE FAGGOT

I have never met a women with a hairy ass, I refuse to believe such vileness exists.

pretty much this

I think at noon the sky is blue because light travels the shortest distance through the atmosphere. As the sun sets light has to go through more and more air to reach us so the waves become wider and wider. So the atmosphere is like a big prism.

Entire thread has never seen Ozone in real life.

Because we marginally see it
It so much on the side that if it is not absolutely pure your brain pretty much ignores it/ cant see it
So pretty much blue covers it up

>teacher is 27 and says to our faces that she likes to read and laugh at papers by "close minded" students

I'm currently studying to become a teacher, and this makes me very sad. There really are too many close-minded people becoming teachers, and it saddens me to realize that students have to grow up with them, they really deserve better.

On every topic, you hear people at my university say: "I mean, WE ALL KNOW that X is the correct opinion, right? with X being some left-wing nonsense that nobody is willing or capable of questioning.

I can't really complain. i knew what I was getting into, and I specifically decided to go down this route in perhabs a foolish attempt to balance things out just a little bit, but it's depressing nonetheless.

it doesn't

for example, I like to develop game content on Source. It's distinctly primitive. other people prefer to use Unity or UE4, which are more advanced. however, the act of designing a level or character or mechanic doesn't fundamentally change between my primitive tool set and someone else's advanced tool set -- we're still doing the same general thing, they're just doing it faster or with better graphics or whatever.

an even wider gulf could be between designing a board game and a video game. the end product will be different, but much of the development cycle will follow similar routes and have similar concerns

a monkey banging rocks together to see what happens isn't all that much different from a man accelerating particles at eachother to see what happens

Would make sense considering it's invisible to the naked eye

>There really are too many close-minded people becoming teachers, and it saddens me to realize that students have to grow up with them, they really deserve better.
yeah, how dare those LIEberals become teachers, only alt-righters should become teachers

forget actually teaching facts about things, only opinions have a place in the classroom. :)

user, their main objective is to make you guilty for the 6 million lampshades lost in WW2, which Hitler used to create jews.

You are literally retarded. No wonder you're a virgin. Most shave/wax it when they know they're going to get laid but most of the time it looks like pic related.

.... water is blue because water is actually blue not because of anything else

You guys realise that the #1 strongest isn't being picked, and discarding the rest, right?

It's a weighted average with all the strong stacked on the left there. There's still small and smaller amount of other colors. Blue is a wide field that it averages to.

Why is water wet?
Why are feminists fat?

Should labeled it the autism spectrum for banter, leaf. Missed opportunity.

>freshman in community college
>COM 101 teacher is a self-avowed feminist
>keeps banging on about how important diversity is
>has explicitly stated, it no uncertain terms, she's here to teach us, not indoctrinate us

She's pretty old, so is she a second-waver who got swept up in the diversity meme or is she a filthy fucking liar?

> College
> underage

No, I think ideally teachers teachers should provide students with a learning environment that enables them to form their own opinions, regardless of whether I personally agree with them or not.

What we have right now is the exact opposite: We have a system in which we almost openly advocate for the indoctrination of students by narrowing down the spectrum of 'acceptable' opinions so much that most students never stand a chance at making up their own minds.

scholomo here.

teachers union is being funded by multiculturalists and marxists. this is happening everywhere not just the infamous cucked countries

>American """"""education""""""

man they fucked that video up by leaving the 20th centry fox logo

i love it when films/movies release "spooky" clips like this.

THOUGH IM SICK OF SEEING THE STALKER INTRO EVERYTIME SOMEONE TALKS ABOUT ZOMBIES.

also now that i've rewatched this clip, its so fucking dumb.

why did none of those other 5 armed men shoot the ape.

ok i thought you were saying you want to "balance it out" by being a neo-nazi to students as if it'd do anything to curtail other teachers being SJWs

I just don't understand how american schools have time for all this indoctrination crap. i guess it explains why american schools are so bad -- instead of teaching facts, they just keep echoing their own opinions. even if you're in an english class, the point shouldn't be "write an essay that promotes whatever" it should be "write an essay with proper argumentative structure"

i remember in high school, when we were writing argumentative/pursuasive essays or doing debates, we'd always have to switch sides and argue for both positions of any binary debate because the point was learning how to argue and not the arguments themselves

Sue your school.

>"close minded" students
What does she mean by this?
You need to ask questions user, let them explain, tell them to educate you

>You are literally retarded. No wonder you're a virgin
no
>Most shave/wax it when they know they're going to get laid but most of the time it looks like pic related.
never seen that. all the girls I've been with must have constantly shaved/waxed theirs then.

>never seen that. all the girls I've been with must have constantly shaved/waxed theirs then.
do you not shave your butt? i shave mine

The sky looks blue because the electrons in the atoms in the air - predominantly N and O absorb and re-emit photons according to the energy the electron has due to its valence. This in effect filters out most of the spectrum outside of the visible range of the sun's light that wasn't filtered out by our ionosphere and magnetic sphere. This is why the sun still looks yellow, because most of the photons make it through, while the rest of the sky looks blue, because of the photons the air re-emits.

As the sun sets, more of the atmosphere is in the way, but that doesn't change the color of the re-emitted light. It only increases the probability that other chemicals and compound, mainly the H in water vapor, will re-emit those wavelengths. You can tell because it is not just reds and yellows at the lower than blue wavelengths, but violets and UV too.

> be me in school, years ago
> Nun gives us class
> Literally: "The Jews killed our Lord Jesus and that's why God sent Hitler"
> Spanish education.

college is truly a training camp for leftist cucks.
also a debt enslavement factory for (((them)))

LETS GO SHILLS
ATTACK MY WORDS OF TRUTH
DEMONIZE THE TRUTH TELLER ITS WHAT YOU SHITBAGS DO