3rd Reich stories. Germans, speak out

Can any Germans please post 3rd reich stories that they were told by their elders?

I've yet to met a German that says their elders even voted for Hitler or talk about how life was back then.

Never could get ANY of them talking about their elders serving in the war.

How much of a taboo is that? Didn't grandpa or grandma told you any stories? Or was everyone part of the "resistance".

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/30/athens-1944-britains-dirty-secret
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaš
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Batina
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not even in /pol you can get those stories.

Never asked Grand parents. From Mothers side they were to young, still in school and didn't see much of the war exept bombs dropping on cities.

No idea from Father side. Grandma never spoke and is dead since 5 years ago, grandpa died 1963 by cancer. My dad never really mentioned him (problematic family). 3 Weeks ago, my older brah visited my dad and he to the first pic I have ever seen of my grandad who died in 1963 (pic related and 19yo).

I only know he helped to pwn the French, that's it. Then I looked some more and found out that 3 of my great grand parents mother side were in the wehrmacht as "senior" officers, some on the eastern front. But I dont know any details...... YET.

>tfw when met my great grandpa when I was 5 but never my grandpa from my fathers side....

*took the first pic

My great grandparents were children during the war so there is not much to tell. I don't know much about their parents either.

You better ask them about their parents, i.e. your great grandparents. You'll regret it later, especially if you never had the chance to do so.

I have some stories but from the Romanian side.

Most of them died before I was born, I only knew two of them, and even then only one while I was old enough to actually talk about that stuff and remember any of it but he did not talk about it much.

My grandfather was born 1918 so he was drafted in '36 and served until 1944 when he was wounded and flown out of some cauldron battle. I think he was a major in the army.
He fought in France, Poland and Russia. I know a story where he was leading his squad in a winter battle, all but him die because of the cold. He didn't really know anything about the Einsatzgruppen since he was always at the front, but I guess most germans knew some rumours.
He was also meeting with some jewish family since he used to be a crop trader, which was manly jewish. Nobody in my family knows what it was about, but apparently the woman met him again after the war.

bonus: I found a picture of him and he had the same haircut like me, also looked a bit like me.

Would've loved to meet him, but sadly he passed away after the war due to his war injuries

My grandparents never told much about everyday life back then, when I asked them they would most of the time just say that politics dont matter if youre living on a farm in a village, which is probably true. This was followed by a rant how Hitler was an idiot who ruined everything.

They told some stories about the war and the time being a POW in Russia (grandpa) or fleeding from the Russians in the middle of Winter, while my grandma was pregnant with my aunt, but these are surely not the 'hero stories' you want to hear. The conclusion was everytime 'never war again' or 'anything but war'.

You don't get these stories, because most people here are too young.

Three grandparents were too young, my oldest grandparent was 16 or 17 when he was drafted to the Wehrmacht.

Apparently was a pretty good shot, told me how he always got a few days of vacation for winning shooting contests. Missed the bullseye in one contest, because he was unfamiliar with the rifle and he had to correct for that in the following shots, got second place. Was still pissed about this.

He was sent to the Russian front. Told me about how he once investigated the inside of a T?? tank that they destroyed.

Told me that they did not get enough food.
Then told me about a time where they could eat tons of porridge and he was so full that he and a good friend of his had to use a railing to pull themselfs to their rooms. Then told me that this friend got his head smashed in by a russian soldier in melee combat.

Otherwise most of the stories were of him being a russian POW:
little food
nearly died
all common soldiers and common people were bros and lied for them (they would get more bread if they worked at 110%, but the machines only allowed 70%, russians would always write at least 110%)
every political officer was a massive cunt
ate a dog once
told me that sushi is bullshit, since he got a tapeworm from a raw fish they caught

stole bricks from the place they worked on and tried to sell those bricks to common russians, one time a soldier in an officer uniform opened the door, gave them some bread instead of sending them back.

I was also told, that he sometimes woke up screaming in the middle of the night.

Spent lots of time with him, learned a lot about nature from him. Learned not to lie to yourself and don't accept bullshit, no matter what people say.
I really miss him.

Oh and told me about one story, where they were heavily fortified on a hill and the russians sent their people into their deaths. Told me it was absolutely suicidal and that they lost 6 people and the russians a few hundred.

its called T34

you quick-freeze sushi-grade fish right after catching. So that's bullshit.

To those who still have relatives alive from the war on the Axis side, let them know they're the true heroes of the war, don't let them pass away ashamed of being NatSoc or for defending the fatherland

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

I've got one. Great uncle was a schoolteacher in Ingolstadt, faithfully served his nation. Towards the end of the war he was tired of the bombings and continued pro reich propoganda, he started telling his students the war was lost. He got shot for being a traitor. Germany surrendered a month later.

fuck off you have no idea what my ancestors went through for people beliving in stupid shit like you

Hans, direkt ins gas mit dir.

Mexico is right, the Nazis were to "good" guys even if some things went overboard... it was war after all.

Also who is "your ancestors"? Maybe not so germans?

>le self hating German meme

Your grandfather was the best Luftwaffe pilot in the galaxy and a good friend.

My grandparents never talk about it.
They would have been between ten and twenty at the time, but my German family has always been very hush-hush about things.

Grand pappy flew over Dresden. Best day of his life he said.

>someone whos not a 'NatSoc'-faggot is self-hating
ok, Tommy, so are you ashamed your fat grandfather bombed women and children?

this.

Spoke to a sniper once who said he used to lie down still for so long he would shit and piss himself before moving, they had to shower outside straight away when they got back, also he said he sneaked up on a guy and stabbed him I the neck

I can imagine. My grandpa was stuck in the trenches. He would have given anything in the world to have been able to firebomb aryan women and children.

I'm a Croat born in Germany, but since Croatia was allied with Hitler, I once talked to two guys who vonunteered for the SS when they were 17 y/o. One if them drove a mobile flak kind of jeep, saw a lot of the russian front. He was crazy all of his life, even commanded a croatian tank batallion in the 90s when he was in his 70s.
He said that during WW2, the german soldiers said that if you can't find a cheap bitch to fuck in Italy, then you'd definitely get one in Czechoslovakia.
And "polish girls would go with you behind a tree for a bread crumb".

there were more tanks than just the T34.

really, nigga?

Thank you for telling me, I thought people would get tapeworms from eating sushi all the time.

>And "polish girls would go with you behind a tree for a bread crumb".
Times never change huh?

Thanks for sharing stories.

I may not finish this before I go back to work from break.

Paternal grandmother, born in Germany, escaped with mother and brother hours ahead of soviet army.

Her father was "the smart one" of a backwoods uneducated farm family, they saved up to send him to school. He became rich and wanted to open a furniture factory during the prewar industry boom. he knew everyone, was well respected, but his permit applications kept getting mysteriously denied. Finally a friend spoke to him in private, "you know, you might have better luck with these things of you joined the party."

will post more if thread still alive later.

My Grandfather was a paratrooper in the North African region. He said it was shit and too hot. Also that they did not always have enough food.

Just think, if he got his balls blown off while floating down to earth with a parachute I wouldn't be shitposting today.

We British are brought up to believe the jingoistic history of our own nation, and that WW!! more than any other epitomised the struggle of good against evil.

I am not a Sup Forums board neckbeard nazi, and I do in fact ave a MA in history- and of course as a student, I tended towards the orthodox analysis of the holocaust, et al.

But now- I am genuinely not so sure. My experience of modern war, and history happening before our eyes, suggests that WWII was indeed fought for primarily economic and geo-political reasons, and not for moral ones at all.

I look at the vilification of Gadafi and Assad and Puton, and I see malicious intent. And each time NATO makesthat malicious intent apparent, the vilification of Hitler loses it's power.

Now, I am at the station on my journey where I think that the majority of the executions were committed by the Einsatzgruppen, and that the extermination camps were a fiction.

A few short months ago, I laughed at the idea of Der Juda conspiracy, preferring to cal the bankers Globalists.

But I have been suffering from a cognitive dissonance, because I have been aware of the power of the Rothschilds, and their ownership of Israel for some time.

Were the Germans the good guys? I no longer have the certainties of childhood.

Share! You guys fought the Russians too. Any stories of dead commies make my dick hard.

Hitler was appointed you dumb fuck. He lost election. To hindenburg.

His hatred of the jews was incredible, he had to restrain hinself not to rant about them permanently - that was something I couldn't understand then. I wish I had the historical knowledge I have now so I could talk to him, but he's died a couple of years ago.

I have a written story from mine, but I think it was WW1. He shot one Russian then killed the next with his "saber". I thought that was pretty bad ass.

My grand-granddad was executed for not shooting at deserters, according to the brother of my grandma. That story is new by the way. My grandma told me, her father was killed in a russian morter attack in 1942. also she told me horrific stories about her time as a refugee, where she was treated like shit by other germans.
My granddad told me stories about russian soldiers stealing his bike, not able to use it, because they never have seen something like this. grandpa wasn't a refugee, and had pretty calm times, except the bombings in the nearby city of anklam. scary stuff, dude.

also, my grand-grand-dad was younger than me, when he died. really makes you think.

my grandfather on maternal side was 17 years old and stationed in some french city.

after the city got taken he was wounded and taken POW. when they got shipped to Murrica the Americans gave them Pasta with some fatty sauce as much as they could eat.

This had some bad consequences for nearly starved soldiers. Turned out it was some sick jokes by the Yanks and they laughed their asses off.

He returned to the french city decades later after my grandmom died to look for some french girl he met there.

HAHAH same thing with toothpaste russian soldiers ate it with bread

Oh and while he was shipped off the Americans would ramble about what cities they bombed.

He said they really tried to piss them off.

did he find the frenchie?

>Never could get ANY of them talking about their elders serving in the war.
gee I wonder why

that's al bundy league. wtf. crazy russians

Kek.

>Putin's a good boy, he dindu nuthin
>it's all NATO aggression

oh fuck off

why is it that some people, as soon as they work out that history in the West is mostly propaganda, immediately start swallowing Russian propaganda? It's like they're chemically addicted to bullshit.

Good that you're willing to ask sincere questions and let the truth guide you - regardless of the sacred cows it might sacrifice.

I don't know that I'd go all the way to calling the Germans "the good guys," but I'd say WWII has much in common with the destruction of Iraq and Libya. All those countries threatened the Rothschild global banking monopoly, and thus they all needed to be destroyed - and destroyed in a way that sent a very clear message to any other nation considering challenging the Fiat Money Mafia.

The story of WWII is about as accurate as the police report of a cop who kills a teen he doesn't like. It's a tale told from *inside the killer's own psychosis* - which from inside the psychosis feels like truth. It's only when one can escape the psychosis that one can see those perceptions weren't "true" at all.

Again, congratulations on beginning to break free of the chains of indoctrination and dogma. Keep going.

my grandfather was an SS man and i never dared to ask questions because i really liked him.

end of story.

Well, they were the oppressed ones for sure.
When WW1 broke out, Wall Street and the US industry discovered it to be an incredibly profitable racket; you produce technically very adcanced and complicated machinery, and your client himself makes sure there is a constant demand for renewal, as the planes, tanks, cars, ammo etc. are dispensed at an incredible speed. War is the apex if capitalism!
However, since a major part of the financing had been accomplished through liberty binds that were sold to the broad anerican and canadian public, the banks and politicians couldn't grant the germans the crucisl debt reluef even economists like John Keynes back then regarded as crucial.
Hence, germany was suppressed and deliberately humiliated by it's victors (search for how the french behaved in occupied Alsace and Saarland).
Hitler was a logical response; democracy failed, because democratic politicians failed. Democracy isn't always the most efficient way of solving political questions, and if you and your family are starvung kike milliobs did after the crash of 1929, you'll vote whoever convinces you to create jobs and food.
Germans didn't elect WW2 and gas chambers; they made a desperate choice in desperate times.

I hope you guys memorize these stories and pass them on to your children. Remember, they fought for their families and their lives. Because they had to.

england could've avoided every dead engllish man, if they accepted hitlers peace treatys he offered to them a hundred times

apparently yes

she wasn't too pleased to meet the German soldier. i guess she was married or something.

My great grandfather has a Wikipedia article but I'm not sure I want to dox myself

He received the Iron Cross

Seig Heil

Countries pursue their own geopolitical interest buddy.

You're still stuck at the

>Next Hitler

Mindset. Grow the fuck up.

My grandfather was hooked up to masturbating machines and then gassed for being a Jew at the young age of 6

No mate because my grandfather was on an IRA pension after fighting for Patrick Pearse in the 1916 Rising with guns provided by your great-great grandfather. So thanks for that, Hans.

I am ashamed on the deeds of the British during WW2,

I don't think anyone would dox you for your grandfather's actions...

>Iron
Klaus Barbie

>The story of WWII is about as accurate as the police report of a cop who kills a teen he doesn't like

Nice analogy

Interesting fact. My maternal Great Grandpa was part of the Liberator air bombers that bombed Germany. Paternal Grandfather was German Hitler Youth and was almost killed by one of their air strikes.

My great grandfather was a prosecutor during the war. I don't think he was a Nazi because he knew Hebrew (he also knew Latin and Greek). Doesn't make sense for a Nazi to bother learning Hebrew. Anyways, my grandmother was pretty young in the war and hid in a forest near a concentration camp for most of the war and ended up on the Western side after it was over. She said they were aware of the concentration camp and the prisoners. Said everyone knew Jews were being arrested and people disappearing etc. None of my German relatives fought in WW2 because they were too young and almost all of the men in the family were killed serving in WW1. Grandma moved to England when she was a teenager and met my grandfather and married him, who served in WW2 with the British in North Africa and Italy

The German boat with the guns for the rising was scuttled when it was detected, never made it to ireland

>I do in fact ave a MA in history
You're saying that as it means you're more qualified to distinguish between official propaganda and truth. If anything, it means you've been fed even more propaganda than the average guy.

Well 2 of my great grandfathers fought in the war. One was a corporal, later promoted sargent, and was the commander of an AT gun crew.
He's seen a lot of action both on the eastern front and later on against the germans when we switched sides. On the Eastern front he was twice awarded for bravery. Now i dont know his story first hand because he died one year before i was born, but i pieced togheter some stories from my grandma and my father.
On the Eastern Front he took part in some dangerous operations. One involved storming a soviet position at night, blowing something up and getting the fuck out of there. He made it back alive and won his first medal.
On another occasion they were in a trench in the middle of fucking nowhere, during winter. The food stopped coming because the soviets brought in snipers and no one could reach their positions anymore. On this field there were a lot of horse carcases from previous fights, now frozen. So every night they sneaked out and cut themselves some frozen half-rotten horse meat and eat it to survive.

Your grandma sounds based.

Found the cuck.

You're the reason Merkel is destroying your country and the German people wont exist into the next century.

yeah, I'm sure standing back and letting Germany take over the continent would have done wonders for Britain's long-term survival prospects. I'm sure that, once Germany had all the resources of Europe and Britain was completely deprived of allies, Germany would never have turned on Britain next.

It would have been only a matter of time before Germany turned on Britain and, with all the weight of a subjugated Europe behind the invasion, conquered us. Better a million dead British soldiers than one German jackboot stepping foot on English soil.

Incidentally, this applies equally to WWI.

I know you wrote that post trying to come off as intelligent but you're coming across as a huge faggot with autism

>Countries pursue their own geopolitical
>except Russia, they're just innocent victims of western imperialism

were you born this stupid, or did you have to be surgically altered?

One time he found a wounded russian soldier in the field. He carried him all the way to the neares first aid point. Years later, in 1944, he met the same russian soldier directing traffic at a cross road in Hungary. Now they were allies and they spent the night together telling jokes and drinking wine in a Hungarian nobleman's manor.

Once around 1944 or 1945, he had a very close encounter with death. Their positions were defending against a german counter-attack. The germans brought tanks. After hours of intense fighting all his crewmen were dead. He remained alone on his gun and engaged the last German tank. He's only got 3 rounds left and he fired them all. They did not penetrate the tank, but one round hit its thread so now the tank was stuck. Being out of ammo he decided to crawl 50 meters to his left to a friendly trench. The Germans spotted him and he had to cover the distance crawling under machinegun fire from the tank. He eventually made it to the trech alive. When he looked at his coat it was all riddled with bullet holes. Not a singer bullet hit him.

While in Russia they would often encounter partisans. He took their weapons and instead of shooting them he freed them and told them to go home. I guess there's a God up there who saw all this.

He hated communists with a passion and later on after the war he got in a lot of trouble, was thrown in jail and badly beaten for not giving his land to the collective farm. But he didn't want to kill people senselessly.

This.

The Nazis were expansionists and had imperial ambitions. Hitler wrote extensively about things like American manifest destiny and the British Empire, he wanted to emulate this for the Germans. Part of it involved conquering Eastern Europe and subjugating slavs for Germanics. Eventually leading to a policy of enforced starvation for a lot of Eastern Europe. Hitler was a bad guy, so was Stalin.

My grandpa was born in Töging in 1935 and his dad was an officer in the SS. He has plenty of stories about how safe and prosperous their town was during the Reich, and how awful it got towards the end of the war and after it. He always says there were no cats left in 1946 because he ate them all.

Nice story but commies sucks

awwwww

possibly true, but a good academic tries to balance his propaganda with other propaganda.

>and primary sources.

My only somewhat notable story is that my paternal grandfather helped hide an Italian soldier from the Germans. Other family members were trying not to be killed by the communists and the collaborators.

>Hitler was a bad guy
more to the point, he was a threat to Britain's security

>i have a special treat for my bros

This is my Great-Grandpa (mom's side) won't say his last name out of respect but you can call him Franz.
The only part of his military career i know is he was in the Blitzkreig into Western Europe, was stationed near Normandy then later near Amiens.

>My great grandparents were children during the war
Underage alert

Shit, sorry it's sideways

>these are from his personal camera btw

I don't fucking understand why people deny the Holocaust happening. That's completely retarded. I understand how history is written with bias intent, but we have primary sources given by people who have experienced it. In my hometown there was this old woman who was a Holocaust survivor and she would always tell stories of her experiences to people in my town. After hearing what happened to her when I was younger I can't believe that it simply never happened. If you're NatSoc you might as well admit it happened, it's dumber to say "I'm a Nazi, but I don't believe the Holocaust happened."

amerishart, learn to calculate

British soldiers in Athens, 1944.

Too spooked to ask my grand-dad about his involvement in wwii desu. But when I was younger he told me he escaped a pow camp with a couple of m8s, one was shot dead in front of him.

I've got some stories. My newfie grandfather just turned 90. At the time of the war his father had passed away from a heart attack, so he dropped out of school to provide for his mother and sister.

He was fairly young still so he didn't join the army, but he worked on American military base stationed in St. Johns for a bit. He said he cooked and pealed potatoes most of time.

Sometimes he would sleep in a bunk there and he said a guy above him once had so much lice you could see them falling over the edge of the top bunk.

A lot of fights would break out between the newfies and Americans and he got smashed over the head with a beer bottle once.

He ended up building his own boat and became a fisherman. He said seeing German U-boats surface in the harbor was pretty common, and they would shake their fists, yell at the Germans, and throw rocks and stuff at the U-boats. The Germans would yell stuff back at them.

They did that until one day the Germans torpedoed Bell island and he saw a good chunk of the ships there get blown up.

At the time too there was a lot of rationing going on in Newfoundland. So he said whenever a ship was sunk people would go to the beach and look for things washed up on shore.

So one time an American cargo ship was hit but they managed to crash up against the rocks in the shallows, so my grandfather and a bunch of young guys from town went down and helped get the Americans to shore. Then as soon as the Americans were gone they all went back to the ship and took everything that wasn't nailed down.

The only thing they couldn't get into he said was a locked liquor cabinet, but some guys stayed behind to try and open it. Morning came and no one in town had seen them come back, so they went to look for those guys. Well they found them all at the edge of the town passed out drunk and surrounded by all the booze they stole off the ship.

my grandfather was too young for the war, but he was a coal miner afterwards, national serviced after Korea, killed Egyptians, niggers in Kenya, Commies in a Malaya, Turks and fenians

He is pretty based.

Retried from the service in 81

Not German but Hungarian, family said the German soldiers were really nice when they came by some people would give them tea and some snacks. Everyone supported them, grandparents insist the Germans did nothing wrong. My grandpa claims the gas chambers were real but were only to kill the lice on the Jews because Jews are filthy people.

I don't think most people here deny that Jews were killed or died. We just reject the story and the number. And we think it's retarded that Jews get special treatment for this of all the other people who died during the war, why do they think they are so special? It's ethnocentric.

Self-hating article from the Guardian about Britain's involvement in Greece.

theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/30/athens-1944-britains-dirty-secret

In reality you helped us out and we weren't slaughtered by the communists, but for Guardian it's a bad thing ofc. How much better the world is now that Britain doesn't have that much involvement, right? If you carefully examine history, the Brits were more capable and fair at the world domination thing than anyone else who tried, maybe bar Alexander (the Great).

Chillin with the boys

No German but I can tell you the story of a peasant that didn't do jackshit.

Born in 1932. He was young when the war broke out. He was in the part of Croatia that got annexed by Hungary. Hungarians build a Barracks near his ranch aka en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaš he go play there with the soldiers they'd give him candy. Later the Russians took the baracks over and he saw some Stalin's Orgels aka Katyushas.

Hungarians were bros. He heard bombing/shelling and he heard the big battle here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Batina

Says this was his most terrifying experience because it simply wouldn't end.

Highlights of the war include

>Watching huge bomber squadrons fly overhead
>Seeing Nazis shoot a Jewish grandmother in her backyard and leaving here there
>Seeing his friends family get taken by the Nazis into concentration camps
>Remembering a lot of neighbors disappearing both while the war was going on and later after the war ended his German friend started disappearing overnight.
>The later total depopualtion of Germans and Jews left his region empty and new immigrants from ultra poor regions of Yugoslavia moved in. He hates them to this day because they couldn't work the land and they were rough, uneducated, couldn't read write (Baranya had 99% literacy) and most of all they didn't share his values of hard work = money etc...

He often told me stories of them simply burning their parquets aka wood flooring in winter because they couldn't be bothered to chop wood. They were moved into the German and Jewish houses that were fully furnished.

Today he is a very bitter old man that complains that the village he is in is dead, and it it literally everyone moved out there like 45 empty houses in his street and the rest are also going to be gone soon. The new people that moved in he doesn't know and hates them.

we should have exterminated the Turks in Cyprus

The guardian hates us because we stopped the commies where ever we went

Not even shart in marts have such a track record

you lot should have kept the King or at least the colonels, Hellas is ruined now

I think most people believe the holocaust happened, 6 million Jews probably weren't killed though but I think most people are upset that Jews get all the attention. Queers, retards, gypsies, communists, niggers they all got killed too just at a much smaller scale of course since Jews were the big minority in Europe at the time but the holcoaust really turned into a Jew only thing when it wasn't.

Another time he and one of his friends were going down the beach at night after a ship had sunk, looking for anything that may have washed up.

Well they thought they found a dead seal, but when they shined the lantern on it, it turned out to be the corpse of some guy huge black American navy man. Well this being Newfoundland in the 1940's and very much a backwater, they didn't see black people very much.

So my grandad jumped back and yelled "JESUS CHRIST A NEGRO!"

But yea, lots of shenanigans in Newfoundland during the war.

>shekel for a good goy

>Niggers killed during the Holocaust

Literally WE WUZ tier

There were maybe a few hundred thousand Jews killed by the Nazis at best. There were probably more killed across Europe by different groups. Unless you count the commie scum that tried to take over Germany as part of your Holocaust. I would more consider that along the lines of a terrorist group and national enemy.

Millions of German citizens were killed by allied forces. Roughly a million German soldiers were starved out in Allied prison camps. God knows how many Russians died under the communist rule.

But somehow the Jews have made the entire war to be about their Holohoax tall tales

My grandmother's parents would invite the germans into her house for coffee.

Apparently they were very kind.

Also, I found some nazi propaganda books hidden in her house.

sooo.... who knows