The War on Marijuana

>governments spend billions of tax dollars trying to keep marijuana off the street
>youths still have no difficulty getting their hands on it
>you can find thousands of videos on YouTube of college kids smoking marijuana

Is the war on marijuana anything more than a waste of money at this point? It seems like it would be better to just legalize, regulate, tax and educate on safe and responsible use.

Other urls found in this thread:

cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-157.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

keeping it from being normalized is worth every penny

Legalizing it will end the edgy shitculture around it, give the economy a boost, lose cartels a lot of business, and help law enforcement focus on the serious shit like heroin and meth.

The War on Drugs is a giant scam. This is not new.

>youths still have no difficulty getting their hands on it
really? how do people even get into this?

Or everybody starts smoking, effectively turning a good portion of the population into lazy, jaded retards

Sounds like a great plan

Doesn't Sup Forums do it already?

The war on drugs in general is a big waste of time

I like to think of it in terms of a far more expensive and easily accessible drug, alcohol. A much more likely scenario is a generation of fuckwits forced into shitty jobs to finance their weed addiction. Just as with alcoholism, cancer and shame will sort these folks out.

Decriminalize to a certain amount, for example 10gram.
Make possession of more a misdemeanor, not a felony.
No smoking in public, only private terrain, also a misdemeanor if done in public.
Actually provide GOOD information about the dangers, and hazards

>Inb4 it's 100% safe
It's not

Apply these rules and it will remain a thing that college kids do sporadically, but won't cause any trouble

War on Marijuana is a waste of money, I would prefer the way it is regulated in Holland.

As a WA fag I can tell you you're full of shit.

when alcohol prohibition was lifted did everyone start drinking?

It already is desu.

Only fucked up thing here is that all the supply for coffeeshops still is illegal, but once they fix that by allowing florists to grow it under supervision of the government with licenses or something like that, it would be better

...yes

The only logical post here.

everyone?

its legal in my state

Marijuana is for degenerates.

Let them have it, but test for it regularly when giving out welfare.

>started
>implying they ever stopped

Kek.

Didn't it skyrocket when prohibition was active, and then calm down after it became legal again?

I think it should be classed exactly like alcohol, min 21 age, we should also bump the nicotine age to 21 just to be consistent.

Most people that i met on the internet and were from netherlands were insufferable potheads that you could not keep a normal conversation with. But still, i don't think legalizing would be that bad. I wouldn't do it and it maybe would stop this stupid potculture.

too late

>inb4 it's not 100% safe
Neither is alcohol and smokes.
I had friends who smoked some shit that was some mixed shit and got fucked over. Regulation would only help.

Also raise the age for military service to 21 as well. Cause it would be fucking bullshit if it wasn't.

The CIA funds its black OPs selling cocaine from Colombia/Mexico and heroin from the Golden Crescent, legalizing marijuana cuts into the profits of the cartels which are CIA assets.

Nah, 18 is old enough to make your own decisions. Be it alcohol, tobacco or drugs, if you are old enough to be drafted and pay taxes, you are old enough to decide where to spend your money on

Fair enough, but honestly when was the last time we had a draft? Unless you mean the age to enlist voluntarily.

thats what you try with sex yet stds are on the rise in usa

Have you ever even smoked? If you smoke under 2 grams it basically just makes you feel calmer and prevents you from getting nervous. Moderation is the key.

i'm trying to find a graph but it seems like there wasn't adequate data collected on this before 1944

That's what I mean, but even then, I feel like everything should be lowered to 20 then.

>Imbibing wicked poisons

>implying you can just smoke 2 grams
>implying everyone wouldnt be pulling 20 cones daily if it was legalised

yeah this
bongheads dont even realise how pathetic they are because they lack the capacity to look at things rationally
>yea i been working at the supermarket for the last 5 years its cool tho they look after me and i get lots of free time to smoek up

The West doesn't need to spend billions getting Mary off the streets. They used need to take some pointers from based Philippines.

kek

>lose cartels a lot of business
Because cannabis is their most profitable venture nowadays, right burger?

>pro tip, is not.

According to the Cato institute, alcohol consumption experienced a huge decline in the first year (1922) and then quickly went back to nearly the same rates as before

cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-157.html

Weed is (kinda) legal here and cheaper than your cigarettes.
And no 420 culture is something that you see among dumb 16 year olds and American exchange students only.

Honestly why are you guys so concerned with recreational use being legalized I don't understand. Re-schedule marijuana and THC containing medications to schedule 2, and get started on legitimizing medical marijuana medications for people with chronic pain, cancer patients, people with neurodegenerative ailments, etc.
The war on marijuana is also a war on good medication with little side effects - more research comes out every day indicating that marijuana alleviates the side effects of medications for cancer, mitigates chronic pain, the list goes fucking on and on. It's cheap, you can grow it in your back yard, very few people actually get addicted to marijuana or other "narcotics" for that matter ree

It should be illegal. It's a good way to piss your money and life away, and makes you look like a dumbass to everyone who doesn't smoke, especially people much older and wiser than you.

t. Ex-smoker

>If you smoke under 2 grams it basically just makes you feel calmer and prevents you from getting nervous
Not the guy however every feels it differently. I smoke daily and 1 small hit gets me pretty good. If I smoke 2gs I am fucked up pretty bad.

It should be legal at this point. The only thing keeping it from being legal are the deep pockets of the pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol industries. They can't compete with a product that can had for cheap, grown at home by amateurs and would be hard to pull in 200% profits from.

The prison industry also played a role in it, but with private prisons being phased out, they won't be a huge problem anymore.

sry i meant 1921, which was actually the second year

this is strange, why would it dip so drastically in the second year and not the first?

>le won't get addicted maymay
Just like anything that fucks with the brain up or down you can get addicted to it. If it's legalized people will abuse it like alcohol.

Whoever thinks it is not normalized hasn't gone to high school or college anywhere in the US

It's a fucking plant, either you find someone who has some or you find some dirt and water.

Because the recreational use is what people are after and where the marijuana related crime comes from. And subsequently where your tax dollars go down the shitter if it's not well regulated.

> weed
> cancer will sort these folks out

?

My love for Peter Hitchens grows stronger every day

better get rid of the internet then.
tv too

t. person who cant handle weed
stop generalizing if you're so wise

Not only is it a waste of time and resources, but it's a violation of human rights, the fact that any modern country attempts to regulate what people put in their bodies baffles me

was it ever anything but a waste of money?

The CIA doesn't want competition

Quads with the wisdom right here.

Yes I live in Colorado and we're making a ton of money from taxing the legal sale of it. Feelsgoodman

>mfw smoke everyday
>mfw Comp Sci student at top 10 Uni
Sounds like you're just projecting your own lack of discipline onto others. I bet you're fat too. Should we ban chocolate too, huh fatty boom ba loom?

Media has benefits that outweigh the negatives.

Weed, in most cases, does not.

Is there any actually arguments beside

>hurr durr degenerate

Even if those substances may cause danger to others?

Yeah it's waste of money. People that use it will use it anyways. Only thing I can say about weed is that it makes you more willing to try other drugs. Obviously not heroine or other hardcore shit, but Molly coke, etc.

The media is pushing weed so hard. Like every other jew trend millinials will still flock to it. (Even though weed is fucking gay)

I smoked weed for years and know plenty of people who still do, and have quit with me.

Our lives have drastically improved.

Faggot.

Better with mellowed out niggers on weed than violent niggers on 40s.
There's no actual physical withdrawals, it can be used for actual medicine(Non-psychoactive and only for pain remedy) and you won't have a hangover from it.
Weed's gotten so sophisticated over the years that you can get any type of high from it.

Visiting Colorado after they legalized it was the best thing I could have done when visiting the US this summer. The quality is out of this fucking world compared to the god-awful hash and ditch weed that gets smuggled into my own country.
I will be dead before they even think of using it as medicine here thanks to American propaganda still working.
(People think heroin is on par with cannabis here for some bizarre reason)

Yeah you're right.
I'm glad everyone's a nigger loving faggot who want to genocide the whites.
Thanks media!

The thing is Americans are too merciful to drug dealers, if you want to win War on Drugs you have to kill all drug dealers and show them no mercy.

Americans can learn from president Rodrigo, since not even The Great Wall of Trump will stop drugs.

If it doesn't resemble 1950's America, it's "degenerate." That's the Sup Forums way.

Restrict some drugs to private at home use, but otherwise If they commit a crime while on drugs then punish them for it all the same, but don't restrict drugs based on what they might do while using them.

>Feelsgoodman
You should feel retarded. Truth be told it was just another herb in the medicine cabinet for most of civilized history and probably one of the easiest crops to cultivate. Requiring a shit ton of fascist state overhead complete with lists just to smoke a doob once in a while is well...retarded. Don't feel bad, it's coming here now and people are eating the fascist boot right up.

And yet you can drive a car in certain countries and states when you're a wee babby at 15.
Having some hormone-filled, underdeveloped idiot with an incomplete frontal lobe drive around at 150 on the same roads as me would make me into a nervous wreck.

In california pot smoking is considered lame and "played out" by teenagers because their baby boomers grandparents spend all their money at the dispensary.

So youre a nerd and a loser, christ.
At least you'll make some money and pay taxes so I can't hate you

If it kept a nickel out of the hands of you backwards taco niggers, it would be legislation well passed.

>keeping it from being normalized is worth every penny
PROTIP- Its already been normalized

Can you tell me why in the Netherlands, where it is defacto legal for decades, this isnt the case? Their regular cannabis user rate is not higher than that of their neighbours.

This Goy gets it. Societies self police for deviant behavior just like how markets determine winners and losers.

It's why we treat alcoholics and paint huffers like scum. The faster we make weed straight normal and not just an outlet for losers and artistic types, the faster society will get to regulate itself.

I for one want either alcohol AND cannabis banned, or both illegal. No incoherent legislature.

Nothing will ever be as scary as seeing a 17 year old coming towards you with 200kmh in your rear mirror on the Deutsche autobahn in his dad's mercedes

Get out CNN. Your false flag won't work here.

Of course you do you muslim piece shit.
Shariah no!

I work and go to school, I smoke weed everyday, fuck off you stupid asshole

>lose cartels a lot of business

They wouldn't even feel it, but everything else you said is true.

Great input Jimbo

All drugs legal. Those who want to use them will use them regardless of the law.

That's the same dumb argument for gun control:

> "hurr durr criminals will surely follow these new laws and now nobody will die hurray"
> "hurr durr criminals will surely follow these new laws and now no drugz will ever be done because that's been working out so well for our millions of dollars wasted on housing addicts who just get out and start shooting up again anyway hurray"

>smokes everyday
user, that really does affect you. stop for 3 weeks and see how dufferently your brain functions.

>that feel when you smoked crazy amounts of super dank for years
>that feel when you decide to stop
>that feel when you get crazy stomach pain and cant.
sucks man. dont smoke everday unless you have cancer.

it's been a massive failure then

>All drugs legal, people will do it regardless
Same logic: all crimes legal, people will break them regardless, so why spend money on prisons

Jews push alcoholism, weed, SSRIs. Anything to keep the goyim stupid and pliable.

And watching him hit the separator of a ramp and his car turning into dust.

>implying its use being punished in UK
t.Morality man

I think people saying this are lazy retards projecting

Pot has never effected my productivity and I would even say it's helped it in some ways

I've heard two different reasons for the "war" on pot started back in the 20's. One - paper millionaire was afraid hemp would take money away from his lumber and paper mills. Two - someone in plastics afraid hemp would replace his plastics in fabrics, etc.
Now, I think alot jews and politicians make alot of money with it illegal - big pharma doesn't want it (they can't patent it and it would replace ALOT of drugs.) So alot money would be lost to the powers that be. EVERYTHING revolves around money.

user you're not being serious, are you?

>implying drug use >= theft
>implying drug use >= murder
>implying drug use >= pedophilia
>I think you get the point

I'm all for punishing crimes that actually harm people, user. Take your time responding

There's no such thing as "safe" and "responsible" use in 2016.

Just come out and say a vice is higher priority on your political wish list, then the other civilization ending bullshit happening right now.

It's not the smoking part of weed the government, or lobbiest, care about. It's an easy cover.

It's about the wood industry staying safe and the investments of these people. Hemp can singlehandedly replace all timber we use, and much more.

Read up on the usage of hemp, not just weed.

Yeah but at least alcoholism is something that the whitest countries enjoy