youtube.com/watch?v=_GdEKvZ5q4Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shut the fuck up you miserable twat

Funny because I'd bet my flat on both of those being atheists

This is what your atheism looks like to Christians

Quality post.

They might be and even if they were

the difference is they know they look ridiculous

Magic and superstition are attributed to things we don't understand. Religion codifies things we don't understand and creates a foundation around it that eventually becomes part of the culture and a thorn in the side of reason.

Therefore, 1 of these is not like the others.

Is that the Globall Warming Church?

spbp

Hmmm.. actually there is if you know the origins of the terms.

Superstition comes from the Latin "supersititio", which denoted displays of excessive passion and folk beliefs the Roman considered offensive to the dignity of the Gods.

Religion comes from the Latin "religio", which denoted the public rituals and practices which helped bind the community together.

So superstition is a personal failing with negative outcomes, while religion is a social good with positive outcomes.

>Magic and superstition are attributed to things we don't understand.
magic - irrational
superstition - irrational

Religion codifies things we don't understand religion - irrational

Aren't those actually a pair of atheists?

>Therefore, 1 of these is not like the others.
Right. Superstition?

Because magic and religion are where you're being deliberately tricked.

The intention of science is to turn that which is "magical" into something we can understand and do something with. We don't know everything. If calling something we don't understand "something we don't understand" helps you sleep comfy in your jizz stained fedora that's great.

Just because you're atheist, doesn't mean you don't believe in bullshit dogma such as egalitarianism.

You would like that, wouldn't you?

>enlightenment_for_ants.jpg

But that picture pretty much embodies the end result of and atheistic and secular society. Enjoy your STDs and the death of your entire bloodline because you decided taking drugs and putting things up your ass was more important than starting a family.

This. Pretty much guaranteed.

Bait thread

This is what an atheist looks like

>atheists can't respect religion
Is this what you're trying to prove?

I don't get it. If you have to focus outward so much, maybe you have some problems that you should talk to someone about. I mean, if you don't have a problem with homosexuals kissing in a park or what your parents do behind their closed door at night; why do you have a problem with some people going to church or praying? Why do you have to be such a euphoric tipper that you go out of your way to harass others for their beliefs when it has practically no impact on you or what you do with your life?

p.s. Atheism is a religion.
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

It looks gay?

Because he's gullible and has been tricked into attacking another part of his own culture and people to speed up their replacement

What do you expect from the reprobate minds of atheists?

I'm atheist, pic related is what comes to mind when I think of religion.

Hitchens was a smart guy.

Him btfoing that fucking Rabbi on circumcision helped redpilled me on it.

do you really need a "holy book " a "god" etc..
to help you understand what's right and wrong?
and wtf is this meme idea that all atheists support LGBT ? i personally find them disgusting and not because JEEEBUS said so

>atheists can't respect religion
Is that what you see?

Two men having a good time, putting on a show no doubt, exercising their freedoms on a sidewalk and not hurting anyone.

Did you see something different? Were you judgemental and derisive?

The problem is you.

>why do you have a problem with some people going to church or praying? ... to harass others for their beliefs
Because that's not all you do. You kill doctors, gays and people of other religions. You don't keep you beliefs to yourself and the world suffers because of you.

Slave labour?
"Work hard and pay the Church, you will be rewarded in the afterlife"

>Atheism is a religion.
>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

Atheism is non-belief. It is the opposite of religion.

Atheism is the cause of the downfall of the west, if it werent for you pricks the church would not be demonized and made fun off. Have fun whe the moose limbs come to chop your head off, you godless heathen.

> "afterlife"

New Age atheists are imbeciles. A logically coherent atheist must by definition be a racist, meritocratic, and conservative.

Branding yourself an atheist, claiming the knowledge and wisdom necessary to do so, while missing the obvious benefits of religion and faith to culture, ethics and evolution; or the foundations of modern Western culture, implies you are an imbecile going for trends.

What is Hermeticism you drivelling invertebrate dolt.

Oh shit I forgot about the epidemics of doctor seeing killed by christians in the west lmao. My bad. Someone better put a stop to that

Catholic Church IS the cancer. Due to its spectacular corruption, villainy and outright retardation when it comes to theology, it managed to cause the fracturing and downfall of religion among the not-braindead people. Despite enjoying a complete monopoly and total power for a long time.

I agree with this
Im an atheist but i dont go out of my way to attack religion because i know how useful it has been in the past and for the most part still is.

Common. As a fellow atheist I can see that religions are not equal in their harm or their quakery.

>Atheism is the cause of the downfall of the west
A target of convenience and selective bias.

>if it werent for you pricks the church would not be demonized and made fun off.
The "church" executed 50,000 women for being witches. I might be going out on a limb her, but I suggest not a single one was actually a witch.

And you believe the "decadence" started sometime after that? England was still putting atheists to death in the 1600s.

>Have fun whe the moose limbs come to chop your head off, you godless heathen.
The hard irony here is that your religions fighting each other for centuries has only resulted in Darwinistic theism - the worst religion is rising to to the top of the corpse heap.

Only atheism can save the world from the centuries of damaged you've caused.

My point

Based hermetics

>This is what atheism looks like to non-atheists

>only atheism can save the world from the centuries of damaged you've caused.

Too bad atheists don't reproduce and only pop up in Christian countries. Atheism directly correlates with an increase in Islam in any Christian country you look at. Have fun dying without kids and having your country fall to sharia because you get triggered by seeing well dressed white families take their kids to church

YES, GOYIM, DO NOT GO FOR RELIGION, LEAVE THAT TO THOSE OF US WHO KNOW BEST.

As above - so below.

>A logically coherent atheist must by definition be a racist, meritocratic, and conservative.

No, an atheist is nothing more than a non-believer.

If you were better at arguing your religion, you probably wouldn't need to fabricate strawmen to attack.

>missing the obvious benefits of religion
Religion is a curse. We'd all get along much better if your gods weren't at war all the time.

Last time I checked, it's not a swarm of atheists who are invading my nation, faggot - it's Spanish speaking Roman Catholics who violate our laws and subvert our system. Take the timber out of your own eye, as the saying goes.

>LEAVE THAT TO THOSE OF US WHO KNOW BEST.
Are you kidding? It was your fucking religion that started the non-stop bloodbath of the last 3 millennia

>Atheism directly correlates with an increase in Islam in any Christian country you look at

Well, you're really good at making things up. Scandinavian countries are mostly atheistic and least of all Islamic.

Fedora

That is the definition of an atheist, correct. Which is the reason I outlined the pre-requisites for a logically coherent atheist. If one takes a rationalist approach, one simply can't come to different conclusions.

I am an atheist, but the reasons and means that most of modern anti-theists use to attack the religions and religious people is idiotic.

No, religions are not the actual cause of violence and wars, they may be used as a pretense and justification, but the causes go far deeper than that. Even the modern "sectarian" and "religious" wars are not caused by religous differences per se. At least if we go above the level of fanatical cannon fodder at the lowest level that does the dying and killing.

You honestly think that without religion, there would be less violence and power struggles? How uneducated are you?

Explain ethics without relying on religious axioms such as the "immortality of the human soul" or reciprocal non-aggression and mutually assured destruction. I'll wait.

Treat others as you want them to treat you. That simmple, be fair and just. Fucking atheists man, theyre a plague, I dont follow the bible but I know theres something more, maybe 1 god, maybe a million, who knows, who cares, Just be decent in this life and hope for the best.

God created everything. But i don't believe he controls everything and i don't live for Him. He only created and judges. Good or bad is not about how you dedicate yourself to religion but how you act compared to the morals that you believe. Like if you actually believe that drinking is wrong but you do it anyway, you're wrong and will be punished.

>God created everything
How ???
>inb4 only faith explains it
>unknown
WTF

What Im asking is why you should treat people well. There are basically 2 responses.
>Hurting a man, is an attack on the soul, and therefore God, because God made man in his image. Or simply every concious being has a soul, and we are all connected through nature. You can't attack another man without attacking yourself.
Or the non-religious
>Don't treat people poorly, because if you do you will be ostracized and attacked by the vommunity, assuring that your genes will not spread.
It basically says that if the benefits outweigh the risk of commiting a crime it is logical and eeasonable to act upon your self interest.

> I don't understand religion: the post

God is the metaphysical embodiment of the big bang, and thus is the creator of all things.

Solid post amigo

>a grown man posting on an Mongolian finger painting forum is upset people don't think like him and wants everyone to know it

>unknown flag

What is going on?

so let's assume all you believers were to find an actual proof that your religion is a hoax, would you chimp out and go on a killing/robbing/raping spree just because the word of god doesnt hold you back any longer and there is no final treat AKA "heaven" or reason like a conscious man ?

>Atheism is the downfall of the west because religious people are running around wrecking shit
Makes sense.

ITT retards comparing shit the Catholic Church did 1,000 years ago to the wars the Muslims are bringing to Europe everyday.

Why are so many religious people so retarded?

>atheism is a religion
>no deity
>no set proverbs
>no place of worship
>no holy text
Are you even trying? Might as well call Confucianism a religion. It's not.

first off fuck the mudslimes, they are the worst

but how about this ?

.10-0=.10

Maybe because you never drew a dime.
You should take a shower and get a clue.

Cant science by the answer to how and not why?

Denial that their individual vivid experiences will one day no longer exist forvever. People will drop to disastrously levels of stupidity to assure themselves they will never stop existing, i.e., they're basically rocking themselves in the shower.

Over the past year I've grown to realize that God almost certainly exists. I need to attend church and have some big questions answered.

Most atheists don't give a fuck about smearing it on other people's faces that they are atheists, unless some idiot starts annoying them about religions.

Is there a why?

Well that's just the only senseful theory that i can fathom. Because the ""science version"" of how life was created doesn't really make sense to me.

>no deity
The way many speak of Dawkins, you'd think he was Jesus Christ.

>pedophiles are lepers
>Christ embraced lepers
makes sense

checkmate christianity

God is very real and he helps those of us that accept him. The more you deny Him, the worse your life is

see

Being an atheist that has made contributions to evolution does not make you a deity. You're also forgetting the other three things. I bet you think any document on evolution is a holy text to atheists. Admiration and aspiration does not mean worshiping religiously.

>You honestly think that without religion, there would be less violence and power struggles?
Absolutely.
People manufacture reasons to do to war. People manufacture god and religions. If you already have a manufactured god, you complete control of your people and any excuse will do.

How uneducated are you?
Economics, anthropology, psychology and sociology. I used to be more of an economic determinist in college, but I've learn a lot since then.

For example, Vladimir Putin, lifelong public servant, is a mutli-billionaire. He owns over 20 palaces in Russia. Does he really need more gold or would you suppose him might be more driven to crafting a public image?

He didn't invade Ukraine because Russia needs Ukraine. He did it because his puppet got the boot and he could not control his narcissistic response to that. His warm water ports weren't at risk but he stole Crimea anyway.

The point is that his actions are easily explainable in rational terms. There's no religion in what he did, but if he had a religious justification, he likely not have stopped until Poland and the Baltics were back under his control.

Srsly motherfucker?

Scientism is very unscientific user.

Science is great for understanding the physical universe.

It's almost useless with metaphysical questions.

If something has an unquantifiable value than its generally outside the realm of hard science.

Physics and metaphysics are not mutually exclusive but they are separate fields that require separate methods of study.

>Absolutely.
>People manufacture reasons to do to war.

Atheist regimes in USSR, China, etc killed more people than religion ever did.

So the big bang theory makes no sense, yet a magical sky fairy does..

>Sup Forums will defend religion anyways

>cult of reason
>league of the militant godless
>red guard
>juche
>khmer rouge
>atheism plus

>Confucianism is not a religion
>has temples(pic related)
>has worshippers and
>has priests

Confucianism focuses on the practical order that is given by a this-worldly awareness of the Tian (the impersonal absolute principle). Confucian liturgy (that is called 儒 rú, or sometimes 正統/正统 zhèngtǒng, meaning "orthoprax" ritual style) led by Confucian priests or "sages of rites" (禮生/礼生 lǐshēng) to worship the gods in public and ancestral Chinese temples is preferred in various occasions, by Confucian religious groups and for civil religious rites, over Taoist or popular ritual.

wew lad

Nice bait Stefan.

>Most atheists don't give a fuck about smearing it on other people's faces

Oh come on, it's not like we're ringing your doorbell proselytizing or anything. We're not *that* fucking bad.

>r/atheism thinks this is an argument

Honestly, this is the funniest jpeg I've seen in a long time. I'm an atheist and this pic is 100% true.

youtube.com/watch?v=_GdEKvZ5q4Q

>cherry picks the west

Yes

a truly ebic post from ireland

Idk the new Athiest movement can more self righteous than televangelist at times. Mostly came about in the past 10-15 years or so.

being born an autist has proven to me that there is no god