Red pill me on the U.S Military forces

Looking into the U.S navy any information I should know?

Is the Air force a better option?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic#Evacuation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

welfare queens.

See that is what I was worried about, seems like an awful lot of spicks and niggers are joining the U.S forces.

bump

Seriously want to know what it's like to be on a submarine. Sounds fucking lit.

I was in the navy for four years. There's endless information that I could give you, but I'll try to make it somewhat short. the navy isn't that bad of a gig, but you have to realize that it's a complete lifestyle change. it isn't just a job. you'll find yourself standing watch in the middle of freezing cold weather at 2AM in the middle of the weekend when most normal people are sleeping. you'll often feel like you're extremely underappreciated and underpaid for the amount of work you are expected to do on very little sleep. this only really applies to sea duty though. if you end up on shore duty, it's a fucking joke. nothing but pregnant women and cucks. the only real reason to join is to cash in on the GI bill. if your parents will pay for your school or you can just afford it, don't even think about joining.

That water looks like it would be great to swim in.

That's the thing, I just want to experience something and do something different. I've been literally in the same town my whole life and I don't want to get a STEM degree and work in a cubical for the rest of my life (which was my original plan, go to school for Computer Science, but having second thoughts.)

desu

I would love to knock up a bunch of chicks in the states and just run off on a giant boat some where and desert.

You sound as if you're bored with life and you're looking for something else. I will give you the same advice I will give to anyone who thinks about the military for any length of time: do it.

Life is boring. Life is boring in the military and life is boring in the civilian world. There are some things that make it less boring, but not many. The fact that life is boring is something that you'll have to come to terms with, and will whether or not you're in the military - it just comes with age.
What you'll never come to terms with however, is what life would have been like had you joined. You will forever wonder how greener the grass is on the other side, unless you jump over there and see the grass for yourself.

Plus it sounds like you want to travel while you're young, and the Navy will give you that. The Air Force or any other branch will not give you what the Navy has in that regard. Deployments in the other services are just you going to a base somewhere and sitting for a year or so. In the Navy, deployments are you sail somewhere, hit various ports along the way, and they're usually not as long as deployments in the Army.

But life sucks either way. Either you stay at home and life sucks or you go do some shit and life sucks. But if you stay, you will probably forever kick yourself for not joining. And, if you join, you will probably kick yourself for not staying home. Until you finally get out, and then you'll kick yourself for not reenlisting.

Just do something, OP. It's your choice. But whatever you do, make sure that you're making friends and occupying your time with constructive things.

Oh and try as hard as you can to get sub disqualified without getting Navy disqualified. I'm not in the Navy, but everybody who has served on a sub tells me that it is the worst thing in existence.

I left in 2008 since then the liberal changes to the military have been extreme. Trannys and fags are common now. Its not the same military it was and I cannot recommend that you serve any longer.

The navy has some great opportunities for learning a trade. But do not go in not knowing what you want. The navy has some of the worst jobs for the uninformed dumbass.

>Looking into the U.S navy any information I should know?

1 in 4 male servicemembers are raped.

22 veterans commit suicide each day.

Veteran unemployment is double the percentage of civilian unemployment.

Those three facts should be enough to discredit any fool from wanting to serve.

If you get a sign on bonus don't forget to use it for a down payment on a brand new car.

It's an out for a lot of people that are stuck in dead-end places.

Unfortunately it's also filled with fuck-ups, retards, and gang members.

If you're smart try to get into Airborne. The bar is too high for almost all the undesirables.

Rape in the military is, most of the time, not rape.

Me making a sexual comment is rape in the military. Me putting my hand on someone's shoulder is rape in the military.

SHARP has nothing to do with actual sexual harassment or assault. SHARP is about covering the asses of everyone in the chain of command so they don't get pulled into bullshit rape accusations.

You sound like most people who join..."I just needed a change" or "I wanted an experience." You just have to realize that you're making a commitment that, unless there are some crazy circumstances, you can't back out of it. it's not like a normal job where you find out that it sucks and you just turn in your 2 weeks.

also, joining the navy is like spinning a giant wheel of destiny where 80% is bad and 20% is decent. you could get stationed somewhere amazing with a great chain of command and hit the jackpot, but you're more likely to get stationed in a dump with a terrible chain of command and end up swinging a sledgehammer from 7-5.

take me for example: I joined the navy as an IT. went to school, learned to be an IT in a month long school that was completely online; zero hands on training. I got stationed on a boat that was completely gutted and broke down. As an IT, I spent the next 3 years of my enlistment with a jackhammer and a needle gun in my hands banging up old ship decks and laying new stuff. I never touched a piece of IT gear, I never got to go to sea, and I never did anything that I look back on and think "wow that was pretty cool."

long story short, the ONLY thing I got out of it was the GI bill. I spent the best part of my 20's being worked to death in a 120 degree space with no ventilation doing manual labor. it could happen to you. if that possibility doesn't bother you, go ahead and sign the contract.

You'd be better off getting on the boat first and knocking up foreign girls in foreign ports.

Is this anyone else's ultimate fear?

Swimming in the middle of the ocean right next to a massive ship

.... I can't be the only one

Thanks for the advice user, I still have some time to think about things and will keep this in mind. It seems like what ever I want to do I kick myself for wanting and not wanting to do it.

I am 28 with a master's degree and I am joining the Army under the new CID pilot program. I don't have any hesitation in doing so. I want federal employment and doing this is the only way to get it.

t. Basement dwelling neet

Navy is shit tier. If you are looking for an easy ride join the air force, if you wanna be hard join the marines

>Me making a sexual comment is rape in the military

I'm not talking about EO shit, nigger.

You aren't the only faggot on Sup Forums who served.

Air force. Especially if you're married.

The ships go out for months at a time and the wives are immensely fat and/or a mess. The environment on base is the worst kind of soap opera.

The Air Force families have the same problems because a lot of them can go home every night.

>Not swimming around the back and getting sucked under into the propellers

Currently at year 7 in the Navy myself. 5 on shore and 2 at sea. Shore duty is a pretty cake job, doing the regular work hours with the occasional watch thrown in where you sit 8-12 hours twiddling your thumbs and making sure nobody does any stupid stuff around you. Sea life isn't something I really want to repeat as while I was forward deployed in Japan in a ship just like OP's pic, I wasn't a big fan of the long lines when we had the Marines on board, the varying quality of the food between inedible, somebody getting food poisoning every float, and it being alright. You don't just do whatever your job is either as you'll be doing basic maintenance as well as cleaning on a daily basis. The upside of course being that during the three months I was out to sea at a time I'd hit three or four ports throughout Asia, the Philippines, and Australia for a couple of days and see some cool stuff and eat from some pretty amazing eateries, before ending the night at some cool bar. Personally I say go for it, as it helped me get out of my parent's house and now I'm making enough money that I got a house and car of my own and usually have enough money to buy anything I want long as I'm not being stupid about it.

This guy is correct. I was going to boot for the Marines to be in Infantry. Halfway in boot they tell me they are dropping me to be some box humper in a warehouse.

I got out thank god. My friends who stayed ended up being switched to Motor Pool or ended up getting stuck in supply when they originally signed up to be infantry.

Have a cousin who was once on a Submarine in the navy. They surfaced once the entire tour. The vessel pretty much did figure eights in the north Pacific. The navy did give him a job in nuclear power though.

>dieforisraelgoyim.jpg

I think the Airforce is cool too, but I don't want to be some looser that stands waving a orange cone all day. What are the requirements to do some cool fighter jet shit or cargo planes e.g piloting.

Also I heard that if you have glasses being a pilot is a no go, is that true still?

>Rape in the military is, most of the time, not rape.
>Me making a sexual comment is rape in the military. Me putting my hand on someone's shoulder is rape in the military.

WTF do you know? You sound like you have mental problems, dude.

if you like anal join the navy. those marine boys love the cock

Why did this happen exactly?

So I just graduated college and realized I have no interest in sitting behind a desk for the next forty years.

Is being an officer as shit as it seems? Do you spend most of your day taking complaints and reading powerpoints to 18 year olds, or is it just normal soldiering with more responsibility?

in the navy we called it getting classed into "needs of the navy."

at the end of the day, the job you signed up for is essentially meaningless. you're just a junior enlisted body and they'll use you for whatever they want. you'll eventually get sent TAD (temporary assigned duty) to either wash dishes or banging decks. people get forgotten on TAD's and often they end up not ever going back to their original division. I'm telling you man, forget about the military. try to make it on the outside.

Look into the coast guard.

Marines aren't hard
Those dumb shits always start fights they can't finish when I was in Bahrain.

That and we had a phantom shitter on my ship.
Someone was taking shits in the showers and at the bottom of stairwells
Finally caught the asshole.
Some disgruntled marine that was tired of being on the ship

being an officer in the navy seems pretty chill. however, all O's do is sit behind desks and do clerical/manager type shit. there's that occasional O on every boat that things he's enlisted and you always see him heaving lines and carrying shit, but that's usually in the deck department where everyone thinks manual labor is cool. at least as an O your food is a little bit better and you don't sleep in a room with 50 dudes.

Going to join the National Guard during college. Is this better than joining reserves, and a good idea or a bad idea.

>inb4 governor's cleanup crew

Who the fuck are you? Everybody walks on egg shells on a daily basis. A harmless joke can ruin your career. And now they've integrated the infantry.

>Me making a sexual comment is rape in the military. Me putting my hand on someone's shoulder is rape in the military.

Sometimes I'm sure it feels that way but no that's just Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault.

Now if two willing people have sex and one of them goes to the JAG and says it was rape well they're going to believe who ever filed the complaint first least that's what I get from my (semi-)annual GMT on the subject.

Pay close attention to this post.

Every bit of what he wrote is the unadulterated truth.

Coast guard seems legit, but it seems like every single person interested in military wants to join, so I would assume their recruiting is pretty slim right?

I live in Florida so I see them on occasion patrolling, but what do they actually do?

The Reserves are absolute shit. National Guard is the way to go, unless you have qualms about it being an unconstitutional force, which it is. They disarmed people in New Orleans who wanted to stay during Katrina.

If you want to do college, it is probably a good idea. Most states will give you 100% tuition assistance and then you still have access to the GI Bill. Also, some states do this SMP thing, where they let enlisted soldiers become ROTC cadets. You get paid for ROTC and the Guard, have access to the college money, and you drill as an officer cadet.

Don't have sex with any servicemember, ever. Don't do it. It's not worth it.

>US Navy
>posts pic of marines

First off, fuck yourself for even thinking about the Gayvy. If you want to actually be anything and do anything, join the army or the marine corps or even the air force.

Not the fucking Semen blueberry faggot's league of cock-sucking.

Rescue the drunks and the castaways when their boats break, deal with the drug runners and other illegal goods that come from our neighboring countries, protect the fisheries so that when ever someone wants a fish filet or other seafood they can get it at a reasonable price without having to worry about causing a genocide of the population, be pretty cool dudes.

You mean chair force?

Looks like another fucking MarinFag got triggered.

But how could I join, would playing video games on the base be an option?

Marines are fucking whiny bitches. every Marine I ever met in the navy was the classic "peaked in high school" stereotype.

On board a boat with a bunch of knuckle draggers and mouth breathers for a majority of the year. Sounds like fun huh

not like theres windows to look out at whales down there m8

seems boring as shit and extremely cramped

Awesome. I'd rather serve my State than my country anyways, and I doubt I'd have to some super unconstitutional shit like in Katrina. Looking forward to fucking off to some base one weekend a month and getting a nice 300-400$ paycheck to show for it, plus another thing to put on a resume. I live in NC btw.

I'm going into the Canadian Army as a welder, just waiting on my date. Do the Americans have an equivalent of that? I'm not an expert obviously but up here a lot our positions offer apprenticeships in carpentry and welding and shit. Maybe OP should look into that if he's not keen on killing brown people for money

Any of you fags ever try to join the French Foreign Legion? It seems based as fuck

>Dont care (that) much about your background
>Dont care about education background
>Get to live in France
>Fight with people from all around the world
>Learn a new language
>Will see combat

Im a broke fuck up but im pretty /fit/ and have no real future, It's pretty fucking hard to get in, and I hear that they like people with baggage,curious if any of you guys have tried or have heard of anyone that has?

What you want to do in your barracks room is your own business, or if you make it to E-5 or by the grace of god make it as a CG Officer and can have a place of your own you can do that all you want. Barring the intel field there's even the possibility that your leadership will be nice enough to have a game system of some sort those days that they're too busy to let you go home but not so busy that they actually have anything for you personally to do. The way you join of course is the same as any other branch. Find yourself one of their recruiting stations, take the ASVAB, get examined at MEPS, and make it through their version of Boot Camp.

Very slim chances. You're bettor off joining the Army and going to flight school. Theres a reason why they say 'highschool to flightschool'. They will put you through hell but as long as you stay head strong you will make it. It doesnt take a genius to fly a helicopter. And think about it, you could possibly be flying a fucking apache one day.

I watched das boot and it looked fucking cool, as an Officer it couldn't be that bad right?

>The environment on base is the worst kind of soap opera.
Insanely this

Everyone I've ever known who was in the armed forces says the Air Force is by far the best branch to join. They apparently get treated way better than all the other branches

Anyone know the requirements for being a pilot in the air force? Is it pretty cool and worth it?

>I don't have any hesitation in doing so. I want federal employment and doing this is the only way to get it.
watch some Adam Kokesh and realize you are committing an immoral act, both by joining the military which kills people on behalf of politicians, and by wanting to join the shit-tier federal bureaucracy which is soul-crushing to both its employees and the civilians it oppresses, all while stealing their money at the point of a gun.

They get the best pay. But they are the paper bitches of the Military.

Yeah, I'm not afraid of water or anything, but I wouldn't want to swim in the middle of the ocean, i like being able to see the bottom or at least see the shore.

Do soldiers or people who ever served even come to Sup Forums? Seems unlikely.

>Want you to have fucked up previously so you have nowhere to return to
>Want you to be retarded so you don't know how to run away
>Get to live in Djibouti
>Fight with people from all around Latin America
>Learn how to wear a hat the same color as your flag
>Die in combat
Fixed.

Unsure. I have heard that in order to be a jet pilot you have to be 6ft tall and have 20/20 vision without contacts. Not sure it that's true though. I imagine it's one of the harder things to be though

Here's what I know about the Sub community.

>You'll likely be hot racking or sleeping in a bunk and when its your time to work someone else will be sleeping in that bunk.
>As a Sub the whole point is that other countries don't know where you are so the only port calls your getting are those we consider are best allies. Otherwise its only US bases for you and no foreign stuff in a third world shithole
>Space is cramped, like if you're over 5'7 prepared to be ducking all the time to avoid banging your head on everything.
>Subs are a brotherhood, they will look out for you and keep you out of trouble but expect to have to hold your own and deal with some real pieces of shit.

US military forces is all about spreading love

"America is great because America is good" - Hillary Clinton, 2016

Because they deal with equipment that needs to be fine tuned every day of course.
Not a lot of blame you can pass around when something fails either.

I think it depends on the country. Maybe I've convinced myself that my military is good but 90% of the work I'll be doing is just welding shit and repairing cars. The infantry guys just stand around most of the day and hand out aid to refugees.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic#Evacuation
>At 08:30, two lifeboats from the boat station assigned to Third Officer David Laws were lowered, without his knowledge, through the use of the automatic release gear. Those two lifeboats dropped some 2 metres (6 ft) and hit the water violently. The two lifeboats soon drifted back into the still-turning propellers, which were beginning to rise out of the water due to the water flooding into the front of the ship. As they reached the turning blades, both lifeboats, together with their occupants, were torn to pieces.

Wooden lifeboats versus bronze screws.

Their office camouflage is surprisingly fitting for what they do on a daily basis.

Very steep requirements. College degree and super fit. Mostly just people from the Air Force Academy.

>US military

Just join the IDF instead, they've got the best military training there is.

All the time.

>Oh no why you had to die?

I've been thinking about U.S. Airforce. I heard it's easy and cushy and shit. Is that true or am I not repilled on it? I wanna join and get my college payed for and save up my money from being in the Airforce so I can buy a car or maybe out a down payment on a house when I get out.

love love love is everything

be not retarded on your ASVAB.

pursue a MOS with obvious well paying real world applications.

you'll be surrounded by whites and it'll get you a job on your way out.

sign up long term and they just give you engineering masters degrees and then the private sector snatches you up for DoD contract work.

See that's the thing, lad. White men don't have much stake in the military anymore. We are ridiculously close to fighting ing another big Jew war. That's no.good for us, better to stay at home.

But. If Trump wins, I'll join. Lots of white men should join. And get into politics. Or the deportation force. Or the wall construction army. The flow of new manufacturing will probably take a couple years to start up.

I don't know why but seeing those guys swimming around near that huge ship just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Does your country even have an army?

Calling the US military dumb, undertrained hicks with expensive equipment is a better and more accurate way of making fun of them than calling them fags

Good idea user, I should wait out this political election and see. If Trump wins, I most likely will sign up for coast guard or something of that nature if I can.

Keep sacrificing your people for the sole purpose of making wealthy jewish bankers even wealthier

Is the US military really that bad?

I was in the process of enlisting, got a 98 on my ASVAB so they're harassing me daily to sign a contract, but I haven't done anything yet.

The pay in the Navy seemed decent enough for an unskilled nobody like me, and a month of paid vacation a year doesn't sound terrible either.

I was trying to get a master at arms (cop) job in there so I could transition to something like a detective once I was done.

But everyone says it's hell and your body will be ruined even if you aren't in combat.

I was probably going to kill myself anyway so I have nothing to lose anymore, really.

Bad idea to try it out? Everything in this thread is scaring me and making me want to turn 180 degrees and run away and get a different wage slave job.

Former USAF SSgt here. 6 years. Air Force is pretty awesome. I loved it. I was a bomber mechanic. If you want to fly and get all the respect, but not have the college or officer rank for it, become a LOAD MASTER for a C17. Get in good shape and get good at math. Get treated like flight crew. Travel the world. Deliver troops and supplies, but never fight or bomb anyone so there's no "muh morals" involved with it. Must have a very high score on your ASVAB. Pic related. You'll be THIS GUY!

No, no you quit bootcamp because you were a pussy.

The marine corps doesnt change infantry into another mos, its the other way around. The only dudes in my platoon that got mos switches were ones with mos that required high security clearences or other requirements that couldnt be met.

t. Marine corps infantry man

In other words no. You don't have an army. Just another country counting on us to come save your ass if you ever get attacked

>im ok with this
>im ok with this
>Thats 13th DBLE they're in Abu Dhabi now
>im ok with this
>im ok with this
>being a pencil pusher in the military

just seeing if anyone has tried

I just separated from the AF after a decade. DO NOT JOIN THE AIR FORCE.

you can always wash out in the first 2 months if it doesn't fit for you.

don't be a cop, everyone hates cops and you'll get none of that camaraderie and friendship shit you probably want.

you won't get a massive leg up and start out as a sergeant or detective on some civilian police force coming from the military police, and any (honorable) military service will get you into a police academy.

the only people who do bad in the military are the retards and the lazy.

You have no idea how most germans/austrians feel about the us army.

We don't want you. We don't need you.
You are irrelevant.

In order of highest to lowest quality of life and ability to get a good job after service:
Air force
Officer in Navy or Army
Officer in Marines
Enlisted Army or Navy
Enlisted Marines

>Veteran unemployment is double the percentage of civilian unemployment.

Omfg story of the last 6 months of my life. Impossible to find work.

Currently in the process of joining the Coast Guard. They aren't the easiest to get into but when I went to MEPS there was only 1 other person going USCG besides myself. They're picky as fuck about medical stuff, but providing you're o.k. in that department and score well on the ASVAB you should be fine.

Also this