Why so many engines?

Why so many engines?

Attached: 244ad849f82ac8d4fd55758600b468bb.jpg (723x923, 582K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s9io_m7YmMw?t=7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

zerg tactics

Russian engineering means most of the engines are expected to fail, so they need plenty of backups.

They couldn't make a big enough engine so they used a whole bunch of small ones

youtu.be/s9io_m7YmMw?t=7

1 breaks off after leaving atmosphere, another breaks off after leaving gravity, last is for actual travel

>after leaving gravity

Attached: 1461208234623.jpg (813x825, 51K)

if you´re referring to why so many on an individual thing, it´s because it needs it to propel itself.

It takes a fuck ton of horsepower to lift that much weight.

idk specifics, just the basic, i´m probably wrong.

don´t shoot me

Retard

Attached: IMG_2335.jpg (232x217, 16K)

It was literally impossible for Russian industry to make Rocket engines equivalent to the SAturn-V boosters. Their space program ended at sending gopniks to low earth orbit but we're supposed to believe they won the space race because a million ignorants think landing on the moon is all the USA did... Like that denigrates going to the moon. I wish laymen would stop having opinions...

Attached: 1518570579365.jpg (530x794, 51K)

What is "reverse shot banter"?
Thanks in advance lads. I humbly submit.

funny enough, round windows in Soviet vehicles and spacecrafts were like that because they were not able to make square ones

They were the most efficient, even now

>leaving gravity
fucking hell america

>funny enough, round windows in Soviet vehicles and spacecrafts were like that because they were not able to make square ones
modern aircrafts use rounded "windows" as well. it's to deal with stress concentration points near the square edges

Bad Grug!

Attached: 1518294901296.png (485x443, 31K)

more engines means more fire when the rocket explodes and plummets into the launchpad

the comet would like a word with you

yeah they were so efficient when their over complicated low tech brute force solution exploded multiple times.

funny enough, square windows in Western vehicles and spacecraft were like that because they were not able to make pentagram shaped ones

uhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1517899394705.gif (540x304, 2.9M)

even the most expensive and modern rockets are hardly more reliable than russian launchers. Ironically, the most reliable space agency in the modern era is ISRO, and they are also the most cost competitive undercutting spacex by 2 to 4 times the expense per launch

The n1 exploded because of korolevs stubbornness about using electronic firing computer to save fuel. When one side stopped firing the computer overcompensated and tipped over. The soryuz still uses those engines to this day.