Who /STEAM major here?

Who /STEAM major here?

I'm finishing up my art major & I'm hoping to work in an engineering department at a fortune 500 company

Other urls found in this thread:

stemtosteam.org/
steam-notstem.com/about/mission-statement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The leaf,
behind every shitpost

>arts
>something to be proud of

where did you find this meme, friend?

Steam, like the arts majors that are pushing it, is just a bunch of hot air

FUCK OFF YOU PAINT-BRUSH WIELDING NIGGER!!!!!! ART IS NOT A REAL DEGREE!1 I BET YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE THE DOT THE PRODUCT OF TWO VECTORS YOU MISERABLE MOOSE-COCK SUCKING QUEER ASS CANADIAN!!! FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHIT DEGREE IT'S STEM NOT STEAM YOU FAGGOT GET OFF MY BOARD AND DIE IN A WILDFIRE YOU LEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFF

here have a >you

Present. Any questions?

Rome and Greece, faggot.

this was actually funny, thanks leaf.

as a future engineer, i resent those fucking arts assholes shoveling their garbage into our field

who's behind the leaf?

stemtosteam.org/

What is STEAM?
In this climate of economic uncertainty, America is once again turning to innovation as the way to ensure a prosperous future.

Yet innovation remains tightly coupled with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – the STEM subjects. Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.

We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM.

STEM + Art = STEAM

STEAM is a movement championed by Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and widely adopted by institutions, corporations and individuals.

The objectives of the STEAM movement are to:

transform research policy to place Art + Design at the center of STEM
encourage integration of Art + Design in K–20 education
influence employers to hire artists and designers to drive innovation

There actually are a decent amount of HR/Marketing positions at engineering firms and most of the people doing those jobs have no idea what's really happening at the firm.

at least you didn't major in transgender studies

in one hand I know the leaf is just leafposting, but on the other hand, artsy bullshit is probably the only thing those filthy chinks can be defeated with

steam-notstem.com/about/mission-statement/

The future of the US economy rests on its ability to be a leader in the innovation that will be essential in creating the new industries and jobs that will be the heart of our new economy. Where the US has historically ranked 1st in innovation it now ranks between 3rd and 8th depending on the survey.
We have taken steps to reverse this slide by embracing and funding the much needed improvements in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education.
STEM is based on skills generally using the left half of the brain and thus is logic driven. Much research and data shows that activities like Arts, which uses the right side of the brain supports and fosters creativity, which is essential to innovation. Clearly the combination of superior STEM education combined with Arts education (STEAM) should provide us with the education system that offers us the best chance for regaining the innovation leadership essential to the new economy.
The competitors for that leadership, such as China and many other countries in Asia and Europe, include vigorous Arts curriculum as a national priority in their public school systems and we must do the same.
The mission is to make the country, its leader and the funding agencies aware that Arts are not just a “nice” thing to have in the education systems – but rather they are an essential national priority to the future of the US in this rapidly changing global economy. Without that priority the US will slide farther down the list of economies.
STEM education is necessary but it is not sufficient – we must have STEAM education – our future is at risk otherwise.

Thanks fellow leaf, I think I just found another way to trigger STEMfags

tl;dr

Art majors wanna be the "idea guys"

I feel bad for arts majors.

On the other hand, being a web developer or GUI programmer with artistic talent really pays off. So much of making websites nice is really just editing images and letting them do the work rather than styling up the site itself

>what skillz u got bruv?
>gender studies
>here's your 6 figure salary

>in Zimbabwean dollars

really makes you think

>All of my keks

All art majors are degenerate.
They all do drugs
All the boys are gay
All the women have some special gender
All the wome have some special sexuality
They are all depressed and have mental illness
They are out casts to society

Just look through facebook or okcupid of people who currenlty go to art schools (Columbia College Chicago). It's a freak show.

Glad I went to a STEM school with no fucken arts program

WE WUZ KANGZ
>BM (Before Mugabe)

You're talking out your ass. Real art programs (classic mediums such as sculpture, oil paint, ceramics, etc) take a deep knowledge of the materials and science behind production methods. Many learn to weld, lay brick, cast metal, calculate euctectics, and at least do basic inorganic chemistry.

I'll grant you that low level classes are full of tumblr faggots but they never make it because it takes hard work, planning, motivation to push the arts forward.

The best artists are creative engineers.

I'll grant you they habe fallen in status. Why don't you pick a medium and help save western art?

>innovation is le apple product steve job smooth edges genius of arts and design xD

lol no

just stop