Would you eat meat that was produced in another country?

Would you eat meat that was produced in another country?
I don't know about other countries, but in Sweden there's this huge stigma against buying import meat, even if it's from another EU nation

Attached: 1927481561.png (680x521, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsai.ie/legislation/food_legislation/veterinary_medicines/hormones_in_meat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

But you have Somali meat in your mouth all the time

No. Local is fresher.

>half of your mean doesnt come from Poland/ Romania

I only eat meat that is produced in other EU countries cause the meat quality here is utter dog shit. I mainly buy beef from ireland and pork from spain.

Ok, ''fresher'', but quality wise? Do you think theres a huge quality difference between countries?

Would you eat olive oil that was produced in another country?

Of course there is. You don't export the good stuff. Nobody does that.

No I only buy locally grown and pressed Danish™ olive oil.

Local tends to taste better too.

It's not mainly the quality of the meat that cause the stigma, but mostly ecological reasons of transport and so on. At least that's the case here.

Finnish meat...

Attached: tenor.gif (498x266, 829K)

Yes, the only olive oil i have is this. It's from Italy or Greece, don't know wich

Attached: 07350002400333_c1n1.jpg (500x500, 15K)

no, plenty of farms where I live

Yeah, local oil seems non-existent or I don't know of it.

>You don't export the good stuff
We do lol, all the good quality meat leaves the country while we get to eat all the shitty overpriced scraps that are only fit as dog meat.

The quality probably depends on the breed of the catle more than the origin

Yeah, because a couple days ago they only had Irish ground beef at the store and it didn't look bad, i don't want to be poisoned

>buying supermarket olive oil
>buy olive oil in glass bottles

they come in big 3l plastic bottles too

Given our small sized islands, there's a very small gap between the slaughter, and the meat being in our freezers.

Why not? We mostly import sausages, cured meat etc. Imported fresh meat are mostly frozen steaks friom New Zealand, Australia or Latin America.

Danish products are always much cheaper here. I never buy them for this reason.

There is a significant difference between countries in terms of what you feed and treat the livestock which in turn affects what you put into your body. Irish meat will have a significantly different chemical profile than Swedish meat does. It may also be of lower quality in general, with respect to taste and texture (in my experience).

Support local produce, faggot! Its important to grow the market to be self sustainable in dire needs

This is also a good point in favor of eating locally produced meat.

The local is always best you dumb nigger because it didn't travel for 6 months - frozen in giant containers

would Sweden be able to support many cows and chickens and shit when its so cold?

What makes you think that Sweden-made meat is OK.

I prefer foreign meat. Especially Big White Sausages...

>would Sweden be able to support many cows and chickens and shit when its so cold?

Swedes have invented a way to control the climate by erecting four planar structures perpendicular to the base surface and then extending cover between them. We call this innovation "houses".

British meat ONLY

I don't think we even import meat

Don't you mean barns/ maybe stables? You were doing so well too putting that Aussie know it all in his hole

Baby steps. Barns and stables add another layer of abstraction that might confuse him.

God damn Sweden I love you when you're angry :3

if you have to put them all in barns the whole time thats way more effort than just sticking the cunts in a big fuck off paddock

This is kind of what i'm getting at.
It seems as if EVERY country has a ''our meat is obviously better'', and i can see it being better economically and ecologically to eat your own meat because it needs no transport and being self sufficient is obviously preferable but in terms of what said '' Irish meat will have a significantly different chemical profile than Swedish meat does. '' Is there any basis for this claim?

kek, you dont even produce any meat in sweden, you import a fuckton of food from spain

Ours actually is better though. The standards of production, care and safety are the highest in the world here. That's why you'll never find "grass-fed beef" on the packaging here like you would in certain countries; you cannot differentiate your product in this manner as it is a point of parity in our domestic market.

Anribiotics are also forbidden if the animal isn’t sick.

>chemical profile
t. (You)
Elaborate

Indeed.

Antibiotics, for example. Dioxins are another cause for concern with Irish meat, historically.

I'm not saying ours is better, I just want to support British farmers

nope. if it comes from another country it's most likely mass produced low quality shit full of antibiotics and preservatives. like norwegian farm fish for instance.

And that's good enough in my opinion. The globalization of food production is a bad idea that will lead to a serious crisis at some point.

>Antibiotics
Alright, but other stuff? I mean it's not unsafe from what i could find.
Like here fsai.ie/legislation/food_legislation/veterinary_medicines/hormones_in_meat.html
''Any meat produced from an animal that has been given substances with a oestrogenics/androgenic effect may not be put on market for human consumption''

Its not that it’s unhealthy. Overuse of antibiotics makes the bacteria more resistant.

Unsafe? No, you can eat it if you want. But you can expect the quality to be lower in several dimensions, as I have explained.

There's a good reason for that you dipshit, the germans and danes treat their animals worse, give them more antibiotics and are worse for the environment.